EDD Mar 2014

zhumei

hi all, im new here. my edd is 18 march. :)
anyone knows when is the taka baby fair coming? will it be in time for us with edd march 2014?
i havent got many things yet, and the baby fair at expo is quite small nothing much... their steriliser is all out of stock.
btw is 99$ a good deal for an avent 3in1 steriliser without bundle?
thanks in advance
Hi, welcome indeed!

yes, $99 is a gd deal. Mine is avent and I bought $111 after 30% discount at Philips sale

usual price is $159 so grab yours!

taka baby fair also dunno when but you can wait for feb baby fair which should be good I hope

LH779

I think BB more afraid of cold then hot. I ask my friends this question too, when asking about the receiving blanket. won't the BB be hot if he's wearing clothes and I still wrap him in a blanket?! All of them say, it is a must to wrap them (giving BB a sense of security) and keep them from wind. Cos BB had been inside you, protected so they like that sort of feeling.

zhumei

I think baby more afraid of cold then hot. I ask my friends this question too, when asking about the receiving blanket. won't the baby be hot if he's wearing clothes and I still wrap him in a blanket?! All of them say, it is a must to wrap them (giving baby a sense of security) and keep them from wind. Cos baby had been inside you, protected so they like that sort of feeling.
I just called mt A and they told me babies are more afraid of hot rather than cold. They love the cold according to the nurse. She informed that mt A will provide receiving blanket and it's optional if you want to buy ur own to differentiate when carrying the baby home.. Differentiate btw boy and girl too coz all will be given white blanket

tpy

My friend also said cover too much layer might subject bb to have fever so better react to what bbs wants n act accordingly:)

jadeite

Ya the Mt A nurse told me this too, that you may want to bring your own blanket also so that if your kid is in the nursery, visitors can easily see which one is yours. And you won't mix up your own baby too haha

flowerie123

I took maternity photoshoot for my #1, by friend.
This round planning to do a family one after bb is out.. still looking around for photographer.

jadeite

With the Mt A ladies' card, there's a 20% discount on photog services by a company called Baobab Tree... Just got the email from Mt A. Might be worth checking out?

My hubs really not keen on photo shoots (we didn't even do for wedding) so won't be doing. But my dad is an amateur photog so he's been helping me do monthly shots of me and belly :)

Taboo

With the Mt A ladies' card, there's a 20% discount on photog services by a company called Baobab Tree... Just got the email from Mt A. Might be worth checking out?

My hubs really not keen on photo shoots (we didn't even do for wedding) so won't be doing. But my dad is an amateur photog so he's been helping me do monthly shots of me and belly :)
The email also stated that is free new born photo shoot for mummies who deliver in Mt A.

jadeite

Phoebii, I applied at a baby fair cuz there was a special discount there but they don't have booths at every fair. Not sure when is the next one. But you can sign up at Mt A itself. Just go to the info counter and ask for the form.

Taboo

Actually I haven't sign up for the card. But my gynea clinic has already book me in Mt A. Maybe thats why I got the email. Can sign up online or baby fair.

LH779

Just to check, when will your gynae ask you to confirm which hospital you will be delivering at? It will be arranged by the gynae right? (I mean I don't have to call hospital myself to book right?).

I'm thinking of going to MT A for a Maternity Tour now, cause I scare if we are not familiar with the hospital, we may panic when I'm in labour pain then dun know where to go to etc...