EDD Mar 2014

Taboo

Yup. The nurse will arrange. Once the booking confirmed, Mt A will sms to let you know the confirmation of the booking.

maviss

wow! so many people delivering @ MT A ! I'm also giving birth there. Have you all decided what kind of birth? natural or C-sect?

jadeite

My gynae said at my next appt which is 2 Jan, will have to book hospital already. Starting my parent craft lessons at Mt A on the same evening. Busy busy. Everything is happening quite fast :D

LH, the tour is quite worth it!

I will definitely be doing natural. Healing is faster than c-sect, and with c-sect you can't start breastfeeding straight away. I'll only consider c-sect for emergency...

maviss

i see i see! i told my gynae to book already but then i dont know he book already or not, saying MT A will inform me once booked.
Same i also will be doing natural, but im going for epidural also .

LH779

then most probably i'll book a weekday in Jan for the tour.

I also wanted natural, but yesterday during the antenatal class, they show a video on giving birth. I suddenly got a bit frighten by what I saw. Then turn to my hubby saying that maybe I should opt for C-sec. it seems like c-sec will be more controlled, but healing will be slower. Oh - I didn't know c-sec cannot breastfeed immediately.

then now i really scare that if I do natural then later have a lot of complications etc... i shouldn't have watch the video. initially I was so excited and can't wait to deliver my BB, now I still wan to see my BB, but then shudder at the though of delivering him... Why can't we share this duty with hubby? like I go though the pregnancy, but he deliver the BB..... URGH!!!

tpy

i have not decide if i shd go for natural or c-sec too. but i really abit scare if i go for natural birth need to do stitching down there and wiping down there or pass motion have to worry if will injure the wound or not. sighhhh i have not seen the video yet but can feel how your fear.

jadeite

Stitching below will heal within a week. Stitching stomach will surface heal within two weeks but remember you are healing all those layers of fat and muscle that has been cut through. Women are made to birth naturally and vaginally, and the skin there heals faster cuz it's a thinner membrane. If you're afraid of episiotomy you can ask doctor not to cut until he's sure you need it. Some docs will massage the area and apply hot compress to allow you to stretch naturally without cutting.

With c-sect, you're more likely to repeat c-sect again for future kids. You'll be on antibiotics (though some are bf-safe, my friend was just not keen to let bb drink milk while she is medicated) and may not want to bf. another friend's c-sect wound hurt so much she could not carry her own baby for a few days.

Women have been birthing naturally for centuries, don't worry we can do it :) I will be opting for epidural but will see how long can tahan without it... At the most I will only ask for partial dose. Epidural is good for long labour so that you're not so exhausted that you have no energy to push. But it can also numb you so much that you don't know when to push...

Taboo

Mine is partial dose of epid, stiil can feel the contraction. just not so painful. Much easier to push when the contraction comes. When relax labour will be faster and easier.

zhumei

Mine is partial dose of epid, stiil can feel the contraction. just not so painful. Much easier to push when the contraction comes. When relax labour will be faster and easier.
got such thing as partial dose of epid?

i will be going for c-sect coz i got placenta previa and it's quite major so my gynae tell me go for c-sect safer.

i am starting my parent craft on 3 jan! and i signed up for mt.a ladies card at $68 i think

u ladies shld go for natural!!! i want to... but i can't :(

c-sect recovery is longer i know but i didnt know about unable to breast feed immediately

LH779

maviss - the mid wife say the stitch healing is quite fast and also you dun have to remove them (it will just disintegrate). But you will still feel uncomfortable during the healing process mah.

jadeite

Ya you can request for half dose or reduced dose of epi at first. Then if really still cannot tahan, they can increase your dose. Just that Mt A doesn't do walking epi, so you would be stuck on the bed once the epi needle is in. TMC does walking epi...

Zhumei ya if there is medical issue you should go for c-sect... If your gynae is pro-bf, you can tell him or her your concerns abt bf. my friend's gynae not pro-bf so she delayed my friend's bf until her second day in hospital... And then baby did not want to latch cuz he was already used to the artificial nipple! Took her more than a month to switch him back to breast... If you are ok with bf while on antibiotics, maybe can start straight away... The meds supposed to be bf-safe nowadays but you may need to request for the safe ones. Make sure your gynae knows you intend to breastfeed!

maviss

maviss - the mid wife say the stitch healing is quite fast and also you dun have to remove them (it will just disintegrate). But you will still feel uncomfortable during the healing process mah.
i see i see!! just feeling nervous! hahah all the pain coming at one time. give birth one pain, after another pain but all should be worth it ba!

Layla0401

My friend recommended maternity pads and disposable underwear from Watson's (feels most cotton-ish according to her) because she said she didn't want to deal with any soiled underwear after giving birth, just use and throw everything. Also, get breastpads to absorb any milk leaks.

zhumei

oh i see...

okie thanks jadeite!

i will buy both to try. i bought avent maternity pads.. maybe i will get disposable ones to try.

jadeite

Mothercare is having sale now, they have house brand maternity pads and disposable undies! I bought kids hangers from them too for baby clothes. Buy 1 get 1 free for the hangers.