EDD Mar 2014

jade, be careful with the painting though. old wives tale say if u paint room the baby will be born with birthmark. happened to my hub's cousin (although dunno if it is due to the painting...) but the hubs did his research and concluded that the smell from the paint is not good for pregs lady. so either u might want to consider delaying it or stay out for a week or so!

LH779

yah Jade, paint are quite toxic. if can stay away from it (even normal people should also avoid staying in freshly painted room.

tpy

My hubby do the painting n he is using nippon odourless.
For the baby detergent a lot of my colleagues were asking me did i grow up using such detergent? No such detergent during our time. My mother gave me a weird look too when i suggested to buy baby detergent:( they said put abit of the normal detegent can liao. Even my mil disagree me to use baby detergent sigh....my confinement will be done by my mum n when i return back to work baby will b taken care by my mil so i guess i have to obey them

jadeite

Hmm I'm not pantang so I am not worried abt birthmark. I won't be around when they are painting (my dad and hubs painting the room), plus using low VOC so hopefully not too smelly! It's only one room and we will leave the door closed and windows open until the smell dissipates. If it's bad I will just stay at mom's house until it's better heh. Which is why we rather paint now when I'm on leave, otherwise troublesome for me to go to work from my parents' place..

piano

logo fb 2.jpgbarbie.jpg
Hi..

We are selling goodie bag. Please check us at our Facebook party goodie bag https://facebook.com/PARTYGOODIEBAG and All items displayed are in stock. Free personalised tag if you order before Mar 2014 (include message and your baby's name). We will be glad to help you to celebrate your kids (full month) party. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

dlkc99

Sorry to hijack this thread. Have something to sell.
Brand new.
See description below (from mother care website)
selling cheap at S$50.00
Please contact me at dlkc99@yahoo.com

Features and benefits for Mothercare Safari 2 in 1 Baby Gym

• Safari 2 in 1 Baby Gym features brightly-coloured garden images including wild animals, plants and flowers
  • The Safari 2 in 1 Baby Gym can stimulate your baby's sight, hearing and hand to eye coordination
  • Suitable from birth, the softly padded Safari 2 in 1 Baby Gym is designed to entertain baby when laid on the floor
  • Brightly coloured detachable toys, including a giraffe, lion and sun, hang over baby on a padded arch ready to swing when knocked by baby
  • The Safari 2 in 1 Baby Gym allows you to detach the arch and lie flat for an alternative soft play surface
Mothercare loves...

…that baby can develop their hand-eye coordination in a reassuring environment with the folded sides of this mat. Then unfold the sides once baby is bigger to allow them more space to roll and eventually sit up.

Want to know more?

Watch baby's eyes light up and their legs kick out in excitement as they see the bright colours and fun garden images of this lovely play mat.

Combining two features in one, the Mothercare Safari 2 in 1 Baby Gym can be used as a lay flat playmat or a baby gym by incorporating the toy arch from which you can hang toys to play with.

Keep baby entertained in a safe and soft environment whilst they develop their hand-eye coordination.

Don't forget...

Mothercare stocks a great range of Safari toys all featuring the cute Safari characters.
Fabric composition: plastic/fabric

What's in the box:

• 1 x Baby Gym
  • 1 x Arch
  • 3 x Detachable Toyslw2898_1.jpglw2898_2.jpg

Just Me

Hi mummies,

Im planning to tk maternity photoshoot. I found a package at S$388 with the following offering. Is it consider cheap? Have you all sign up for a better pckg with better offers?any recommendations?

Pckg for 2 adults (husband & wife)
1X makeup & hairdo
Est 1 hr makeup & hairdo +up to 2hr photoshoot
3 x outfit (self provide)
1 X 8R with frame
20 X 4R (complimentary album)
Incl CD-Rom for selected images for print (edited).

jadeite

Happy new year mummies! We made it to 2014! All of us gonna give birth this year :) wishing us all safe and speedy deliveries and happy, healthy bubs.

jo1402

You just sign up for registry, then you pick the things that you want. I tried to have a good range of prices and items... Then they will give you an URL and you set your own password. Can see mine here:

Registry URL Welcome to motherswork -

Password is hellobaby

So when people buy things for you, you will get an email from motherswork. Your friends can ship to you for free if you use the email invite system, they will send a free shipping code. Quite fast since they use the Ta-Q-Bin courier service. You have to be home to collect though...
Thanks Jadeite!

jadeite

Gg for my first antenatal parent craft lesson today. Feels weird to be a student again. Haha. Also went for checkup today - my baby is fat! On the heavy side at 1.4kg at only 28 weeks. 80th percentile. Doc said we will monitor but shld be ok... Haiz I hope bb doesn't get too big or else delivery will be even scarier.

jo1402

Gg for my first antenatal parent craft lesson today. Feels weird to be a student again. Haha. Also went for checkup today - my baby is fat! On the heavy side at 1.4kg at only 28 weeks. 80th percentile. Doc said we will monitor but shld be ok... Haiz I hope bb doesn't get too big or else delivery will be even scarier.
What should be the average weight at 28 weeks? I'm gg for my appt tomorrow and also getting my jab for being RH Negative :p

jadeite

Jo, you're also 28 weeks? It's strange tho, my weight gain has been on the low side (7kg so far) and my blood sugar is fine. Looks like baby got chubby genes from her dad's side! My mom says my siblings and I were all only 2+ kg at birth. :/

zhumei

2kg+ at birth is light? i think average is 3kg+?

i am at 30th week now.. tml going for the parentcraft course at mt A. how's it like jadeite?

anyway, i got major bleeding last week and admitted to hospital. i was given injection with meds - gotten bed rest hospitalisation leave. the feeling was so scary when i saw chunks of blood coming out. i thot that's it.

thank GOD the baby is ok but because i got major placenta previa (low placenta) i have to be bed-rested.

i hope the pre natal course is not too intensive so i can still attend :/

jadeite

Zhumei, sorry to hear that! Must be so scary. Pls rest well ok? Only two months more to go, hang in there!

The course was really quite interesting. I thought the first lesson would be sort of boring cuz it was just nutrition but the dietician who ran the course was very engaging. Hubs and I quite enjoyed ourselves. It's just lecture style so it's not taxing. You may need to miss the 2nd lesson tho, I think it's on exercise so it might not be suitable for you.

tpy

i m going for our 1st class at Mt A later, do we need to bring notebook and pen? coz the email did not state what to bring