EDD Mar 2014

jadeite

tpy I like to eat the dried cranberries... they are not too sour. sort of like raisins... no added sugar just the cranberry so I feel it's healthier than taking the ocean spray like what lh said it's full of sugar.

can take the cranberries with yogurt even. better to get the natural yogurt kind, if too sour for you can add honey :) natural sweetener!

jadeite

jo, I prefer those sort actually. I bought the baba luna sling to carry baby. I'm the kind who prefers to carry baby rather than use stroller... only bad thing about baba luna I find is that the weight is on one shoulder only so can be more tiring...the regular baby carriers spread out the weight to both shoulders so if you have chronic back/shoulder pain, might be better to get carrier.

I like the sling, I think it's more comfortable especially for infants. anyway last time all our mothers and grandmas carried us in sarong slings, so I feel it's okay.. .heh

tpy, when u r pregnant, cannot wait for uti to clear on its own. need to treat! my doc told me that when pregs, the tubules connecting the bladder/urine tract and kidneys dilate (meaning expand), so bacteria can actually travel up to kidneys and cause kidney infection if left untreated. in addition, uti during pregs may cause contractions and preterm delivery. so must treat!!

LH779

gosh, yellow that's serious. Yeah tpy better to get medication from doc 1st and check that you are cleared of the bacteria. thereafter eat/drink cranberry to maintain.

i'm not sure if that's part of the reason, but that time when i'm not pregnant I went to consult TCM for my UTI and the physician told me not to eat deep-fried/fried stuff and also avoid 'heaty' food like chocolate, chilli etc... and he advise to drink more barley. Probably when we pregnant we tend to eat more 'pu' stuff which are generally heaty. so it may explain why will kena UTI.

tpy

ya will go back to my GP for check if had cleared from UTI by this week. My mum also said me keep eating heaty stuffs like biscults or tibits which i did not eat a lot ma. i eat fruits more than such heaty food. Oh can eat "pu" things? like what?

but uti is not just caused by diet. our lifestyle also can trigger uti. e.g. holding bladder, wiping the wrong direction. and hovering on top of toilet seats can also cause uti cos apparently when we hover, we dont empty our bladders well... hur... i dunno if you hover but i do! especially when the seats are not clean :S

jadeite

Haha that's why I stopped hovering.. Bring wet wipes and wipe toilet seat. Ya try and clear ASAP if it affects pregnancy. Be safe for baby. You can take cranberries too to recover faster since it will not interfere with meds!

tpy

whahahahah i diao shui qing ting above the toliet bowl sia....guess i need to stop that but toliet bowel seats can b dirty and erxin to wipe.

LH779

try to choose those squatting pan loh. but of course as you get bigger it will be hard.
BTW fruits also got 'heaty' fruits. I recently got to know grapes are heaty.... when I just bought like one big brunch of it to eat (by myself)

tpy

oh grapes i thought is liang...i eat rock melon, guava, china pears, apple, avocado, honeydew..

jo1402

jo, I prefer those sort actually. I bought the baba luna sling to carry baby. I'm the kind who prefers to carry baby rather than use stroller... only bad thing about baba luna I find is that the weight is on one shoulder only so can be more tiring...the regular baby carriers spread out the weight to both shoulders so if you have chronic back/shoulder pain, might be better to get carrier.

I like the sling, I think it's more comfortable especially for infants. anyway last time all our mothers and grandmas carried us in sarong slings, so I feel it's okay.. .heh
Oic... I look at the sling type also think should be ok but just worried if baby gets heavier would it be too taxing. Haha maybe by then I also rather use a stroller cos too heavy.

Phoebii Cheng

Hi I know that this can be quite a nag.....for those taking prunes for constipation, how many did you take per day? or how many cups of prune juice did you drink?

maviss

mine bleed when brushing teeth and just now for nothing just bleed alot. so scary. like cannot stop. until i rinse with salt water. i scared will come again.
have your stopped?
My edd is 24feb ... till date still hv bleeding gums when brushing teeth ... =(

Mine usually stop after I finishing brushing. I tink if u diligently brush each time after food ... it will stop ... now I only brush morning & nite ... rest of the tym use listerine ...

maviss:833130 said:
mine bleed when brushing teeth and just now for nothing just bleed alot. so scary. like cannot stop. until i rinse with salt water. i scared will come again.
have your stopped?
My edd is 24feb ... till date still hv bleeding gums when brushing teeth ... =(

tpy

i seems to have some yellow dried patches on my nipples despite using water to remove it. could it be too dry? thinking to start to apply medela nipple cream.

rachie82

have any mummies tot of wat stroller to buy? I tot of bugaboo but price is on the high side woh. wanna get one which I can operate it by myself when hub is nt around

jo1402

have any mummies tot of wat stroller to buy? I tot of bugaboo but price is on the high side woh. wanna get one which I can operate it by myself when hub is nt around
I ordered the Combi brand (Well Carry) at the Baby Market. Can open and close with one hand =) It can seat the kid till 36 mths old. Can adjust the seat for sleeping and sitting too.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=515622715159804&set=pb.270341639687914.-2207520000.1381723106.&type=3&theater

maviss

oh yes i just went to look at it over last weekend. i think combi and good baby is good and reasonable price. combi i will prefer well comfort