EDD Mar 2014

jadeite

We have come up with an English name for baby... But not confirmed yet. Mostly because it's so hard for hubs and I to agree on a name we both like a lot! Haha!! I think Chinese name is harder to choose.. We won't be consulting anyone but Chinese names are really harder to select! Must sound nice with surname and have a good meaning... Then my mum said shouldn't choose a word that is alr used by one of the relatives... Well I have 80 people's names to consider then -_-"

zhumei

hahaha thanks jadeite for informing about the baby fair.

I also fear of buying too many girls' stuffs end up it's a boy! my friend gynae told her it's a girl end up a boy! and also opposite before -.-"

I have not bought any big baby items.. i just wonder if we can get any confirm new born list to buy?

i have people donating baby car seat and stroller and lending me breast pump already but what else are the necessaries to prepare before hand?
- Baby Cot
- Baby Carrier or "Sarong"
- Baby high chair

what else? i mean for big items only or for mother's use.

i realised alot of mothers buy alot of unnecessaries which end up not using them.

hope to get your advice :)

jadeite

actually baby high chair no need to buy so early...since you won't be using it for quite awhile until baby can sit up! anyway this is the list that I have been using to plan for baby stuff:

Baby Checklist- New Baby Shopping List - BabyCenter

my only big item left is a cupboard for baby's clothes as well as a comfy chair to put in baby's room for breastfeeding. Plan to get these from Ikea...Baby car seat you may need two different kinds, the infant bucket carrier kind and a regular car seat for babies weighing 9kg and up. the normal car seat is usually not so good for infants since they are not so comfortable sitting up. Also my friend said it makes a huge difference to be able to take the whole carrier out when the infant is fast asleep.

Another thing you can consider is to get a padded changing mat to put on top of the drawers instead of buying a changing table to save money because the dresser drawer can last the kid until he or she grows up but changing table cannot. easier to put diapers and stuff on top of the drawers also instead of under the changing table when you are holding down a squirmy baby. :p

agree that we end up buying a lot of unnecessary things... so best to borrow or take 2nd hand what you can, to save money...

I think my body does not have enough blood to run my brain, womb and digestive system at the same time... every time after a big meal I just want to sleep and sleep!! cannot take it! haha!

honeygirl

Dear jadeite,
Help me add on mine :) EDD :11/3/14 baby girl .
Oh! Really hope it will not change gender if not, all
the stuffs are wasted . But to me , more inportant is
baby 's health! Btw any mummy will plan
to let baby stay in infant care after 4 month maternity leaves?
Please kindly share:)

jadeite

yellow: girl - 7 Mar
monz: girl (2nd time mummy) - 9 Mar

maviss: boy - 11 Mar
honeygirl: girl - 11 Mar
zhumei: girl - 15 Mar
jo: girl - 21 Mar
Reagan: unknown - 21 Mar
Rachie: boy (first time mummy) - 21 Mar
layla: boy - 22 Mar
taboo: girl (2nd time mummy) - 24 Mar
jadeite: prob girl - 26 Mar
phoebii: girl - 26 Mar
allie: boy (first time mummy)
lh779: boy (first time mummy)
lltan: prob girl
tpy: girl

jadeite

allie: boy (first time mummy) - 8 Mar

jadeite

honeygirl, I'm extending my leave by one month, taking no pay leave... after that my mother will help take care. I'm a bit nervous about infant care... not sure if I can trust a stranger to care for baby

monz

Honey... i plan to send my girl to infant care which is beside my son's cc. Easier for me to send them to sch tgt and for my mum to fetch them tgt.

Taboo

We start hunting for infant care when I'm in my 3rd tri. Kiasu as we know infant care vacancy are also limited. After I went around 2 infant care centres, I decided on the one opp my house. As distance does play a part for us. Overall the service is ok and we will stick to the same infant care for No 2. Another thing is convenient to send and pick both up.:)

maviss

hahaha im edd changed to 6 mar liao ( first time mummy as well )

Reagan

we have tout of the bb girl name and Chinese name as well. but pertaining for detailed check to confirm gender. So far I didn't brought any item as trying to get passed dwn items..

if its gg be a boy, I can reuse #1 things. :)

Cant wait for detailed on 11 nov..

jadeite

maviss: boy (first time mummy) - 6 Mar

LH779

still thinking of names for for my boy, but both of us really have no idea at all and it doesn't help that hubby keep giving me dumb suggestions.

I believe my husband wanted to get the birth date calculated after his birth, but then we still need to think of some options to tell the shifu right. otherwise what if the shifu give you some name you really dislike then like got no choice liao. most of the pple I know will think of some names on hand, then after calculation they just tweak the name a bit; like use different character due to the number of stroke etc.. so end you the name is till something the parents like.

i'm actually thinking of taking my maternity leave in a flexi way. e.g. take 2 full months 1st. then the rest of the 2 months take as 1/2 day so that I can have more time with him. Cause in this way I can sort of be with him till his like 6 months.

honeygirl

Dear all ,
Thank for yr sharing ! I also will look around and check the price
,luckily I have one infant care in my wwork place .But
usually how many months will you send yr baby to infant care ?
Cos some accept from 2 months to 17 months, thinking too young
for 2 months , may think to send my baby after about 4 months where we
also end our maternity leaves....:) any advise about it?

Taboo

I send my BB in when he is around 3 mth plus. I give allowance of 2 weeks before I go back to work. BB also needs sometime to adapt to infant care. For the first few days, i send in half day care.. slowly i extend to full day. By the time around 2 weeks, he is well adapt to infant care.. So I can rest my mind when I go back to work...:)