EDD Mar 2014

Taboo

I've a pass down cot but we didn't use it. Instead we co-sleep with my boy. It actually made BF much easier. Ours is platform bed, we are thinking of placing a baby mattress by our side for my ger to sleep. Hehe.. all sleep together..

zhumei

I dont't dare to co-sleep cuz babies can suffocate with pillows and blankets...another option is to put the cot next to your bed with one side removed and sandwiched tight between the wall and your bed so that the cot can't move. then baby sleeps in the cot but it's like an extension of your bed... but still safe since baby will have her own bedding and won't be squished by you by accident. I have friends who can co-sleep successfully, but I just dont't dare to do so cuz accidents can easily happen I feel.

I am getting the basket/bassinet from my friend to put in my bedroom for the first few months, so that it's not so far to walk to bf at night. daytime baby will sleep in her own crib in the room.

ya i agree with you. i scare to co-sleep but now there's products like co-sleeper attached to the bed so breastfeed can be easier.

i think i might get co-sleeper coz i intend to breast feed. safer too..

can check out what's a co-sleeper: Safe Co-sleeping With the Arm’s Reach Co-sleeper | Inhabitots

LH779

hey Jade, thanks. your idea of placing the cot next to the bed with one side removed and sandwiched tight between the wall to prevent cot from moving is good!
Maybe I can try that, my friend will be passing me her cot (provided the cot can remove 1 of the side).

just to check any of you did like foot massage. like asking them to massage your calf, no need to do the sole (cause that's where the acupuncture points are). Cos these few days my calf really very pain. i think i stand too long already. I went to those place that offer gua sha, foot, neck, back massage and ask them if pregnant can still do massage and there reply was 'can, just don't use too much force'. i'm not sure if that's true or they just wan business. so wonder if any of you tried before.

jadeite

My prenatal masseuse says calf massage is ok, just don't press the acupressure points on the feet...

Heh, welcome for the idea! Hope it works for u. Just make sure cot can't move...

Reagan

I also dun dare to co-sleep with bb. they are so small n fragil. I worry if me or my hub might accidently lie on her.

I using bb cot but eventually like when they learn to turn, we will place her to mattress. I feel safer.

Btw, I went to gynae yesterday and told him abt the bb weight concerns. Dr told me that is jus a estimation and its not accurate so need not worry much... but I have put on 6kg liao..Zzzz

Eleanor

Btw any mummies hiring confinement nanny? Do you think it is necessary even if my mil is willing to take care? As I have frens who advise that the confinement food taken is impt and if never take care properly will be bad for health later on. So im not sure if I should hire one or not..considering its quite expensive...

honeygirl

Dear Eleanor,
If you have mother in law able to
help you, then is ok not have confinement nanny as
nowaday $$$$ about $2000 plus ... If
you have mother and nanny at home, they may
have conflict .

Reagan

Btw any mummies hiring confinement nanny? Do you think it is necessary even if my mother in law is willing to take care? As I have friends who advise that the confinement food taken is impt and if never take care properly will be bad for health later on. So im not sure if I should hire one or not..considering its quite expensive...
Hi Eleanor

are you #1 time mummy or #2 time mummy? For my #1, my mother in law cooked for me and help me for confinement as its was CNY period, hiring a CL is very ex for that period. My mother in law tried to cook Confinement food for me and she just put a lot ginger on every dishes she made.. She also help me for night feed etc. but then as I feel pai sei, I also keep waking up to feed my baby and tc of him during my confinement. After my confinement, I realised that my back has weakened a lot. I experienced backace every month or when the weather turn cold.

This time round, im hiring a CL for my #2. Reason being: my mother in law didn't offer to help me, I tink she is old also and she cant cope on night feed anymore. Also, this will be my final birth thus I will want to build up my body.

lltan

yap me did hire..$2.4k...zzz..so ex nowadays. MIL cant cook confinement food...but can take care of bb...so hope they will work hand in hand for 1 month :) hope to also learn from the confinement lady on taking care of bb...lol.

Btw any mummies hiring confinement nanny? Do you think it is necessary even if my mil is willing to take care? As I have frens who advise that the confinement food taken is impt and if never take care properly will be bad for health later on. So im not sure if I should hire one or not..considering its quite expensive...

jo1402

Hi All,

Anyone going to buy the breast feeding pillow? My frens said it's necessary as got to support the baby alot and one of them hurt her wrist when she was without the pillow. But my hubby said dun buy till we can confirm that baby can latch on...Any one with experience?

tpy

Hi Jo1402,

i feel is depending on the position that you and baby are in, i have friends bf without the bf pillow and also din hurt their wrist. Else wait till the baby is out and if u feel that u will need it can buy also not that late:)

jo1402

Hi Jo1402,

i feel is depending on the position that you and baby are in, i have friends bf without the bf pillow and also din hurt their wrist. Else wait till the baby is out and if u feel that u will need it can buy also not that late:)
Thanks =) Hope dun need cos it's rather expensive

jadeite

Actually why normal pillow cannot ah. My mom said in their time no such thing as bf pillow, just use cushions or normal pillows! Haha! Anyway my pregnancy pillow can also be used for feeding so likely won't get a bf pillow..

rachie82

i not engaging confinement lady but will be ordering confinement food from Thomson medical (since its prepared by TCM) , mummy will help me with my confinement

rachie82

Hi All,

Anyone going to buy the breast feeding pillow? My frens said it's necessary as got to support the baby alot and one of them hurt her wrist when she was without the pillow. But my hubby said dun buy till we can confirm that baby can latch on...Any one with experience?
I didn't see my frens using the pillow woh