EDD Mar 2014

tpy

Tpy, did your gynae/hospital provide you with the binder, or you had to bring your own?
I got it from mt a pharmacy u can ask the counter staff for recommendation of which brands to get. My gyne clinic also sells but I thought might be more ex n I might as well make good use of my mt a ladies card to get discount from the pharmacy.

LH779

Thanks for sharing Nahj - you baby will be home soon :) enjoy motherhood.

wow jade you really read up a lot - well, i guess there's really a reason why your girl still not turning, probably C sec will be better for both of you. don't think too much that it's not going according to what you previously plan out.

Layla0401

Thanks for sharing Jadeite, it's very interesting to learn about your journey. I read that footling breach baby needs a super experienced doctor/ midwife and Singapore doesn't really have such practitioners. You've done your best and put in all the effort you could, and I really wish you all the best with your baby girl! An acquaintance whom I met at a birth class switched gynaes at 37 weeks to Dr Citra at NUH to attempt ECV, as she is one the few doctors who does this I think, but it didn't work and their best solution was to do C-sect as well.

Eleanor

Jadeite, don b disappointed that you cant experience natural birth..maybe if u do go thru natural, might end up an emergency csect due to bb too big or other stuff? At least now having an elective c sect u can be mentally prepared as well=) and the most impt is that the baby comes out healthy..doesnt matter which way he came out from..im prepared for a csect already..trust that everything will turn out good!

jadeite

I heard that Dr Paul Tseng at TLC clinic in TMC also does ECV, but the success rate is really not very high; add the complications to that and I'm not so willing to change gynae just to attempt it. Guess I'm just going to have to resign myself to a c sect... Thanks ladies for all your advice and support :) yes, the most important thing is to have a healthy and safe baby, and a smooth delivery!

It's true, I'm glad at least with elective c sect I have time to mentally prepare myself and read up on the procedure and post op healing. I'm a little worried about how it will affect skin2skin and breastfeeding though... My friend could not bend over for 2 weeks to pick up her baby after her c sect ):

Eleanor

My gynae did try abit of ECV on me when i was at 36wks and baby still breeched..however she didnt offer it again the next checkup..probably success rate not v high plus she dont wana disturb the baby..and no doubt tt ECV might cause certain complications..
I was also worried that breastfeeding might be an issue after csect..but the nurse assured me that we can still breastfeed not to worry..just have to position it in a way that is more comfortable for us..
I do have the same concern too bout the bonding wif baby since our movements might be more restricted with a painful wound at the tummy..bt every individual is different..who knows u might recover fast..so dont b too concerned bout it..i have frens who had csect and she said the wound isnt as painful...so guess we can only look towards e positive side=)

jadeite

Thanks for the reassurance Eleanor :) yep have been slowly resigning myself to a c sect and thinking of the positive aspects of it... Really hope that post-op recovery will not be too difficult and that everything else will go smoothly :) wishing the same for you!!

Eleanor

No prob=) do get the post op surgical binder..i read that it helps in e recovery n lessens e pain..i checked tt tmc pharmacy sells it..i will b getting it before i go for the op..n request for thm to help mi put it on aft the op lol..
And dont scare urself wif bad csect stories..i tried reading up n some stories were so scary..i decided to just stop reading them..smtimes things are not as bad as we imagine them to be

zhumei

Hi mummies..my bb decided to come earlier on 20 Feb..my Edd was on 1 Mar..delivery thru natural
Currently facing difficulties on breastfeeding & painful engorgement..think I will give up soon..never felt so painful before..milk overflow with soiled clothings in the morning
Any mummies having same issues?
hi, painful engorgement i have experienced during the 1st 2 weeks.. now im 5th week breast feeding.. HANG IN THERE! it will get better at least for me... use cabbage but cut a hole in the middle or i use avent cold compression to ease the engorgement.

Yes, i also have soiled clothings becoz of the leaking milk - mine is in the middle of the night.. so do wear breast pads... i tried medela, pigeon, avent. to me the best is medela but many people swear by pigeon - got discount now... 60 + 12 pieces for $13.90 and also can buy avent washable breast pads - save the environment.. quite comfy too..

meanwhile, BF-ing is a journey.. if you have the supply, don't give up!!

zhumei

Ya jadeite if not u will need to suffer two times on delivery day so might as well go for csec.
agreed!

anyway CONGRATS TPY!!!! hope its not too late and u r recovering well?

meanwhile, ladies please go for post natal massage... im going to do next week.

c -sect recommended to do after 3rd week. 3rd week - i experience a sudden surge of pain... they say nerves recovering.. 4th week it stopped.
natural recommended to do post natal massage almost immediate i think?

jiayou mummies.. it all BOILS DOWN TO THIS DAY NOW...!!

zhumei

i just received my bill from KKH. total cost 4K + for me and after deducting medisave, i only pay $1.1k but i stayed 5 bedder - air con but no tv. think it's B2+ ward or sth. i did C sect with epidural - non emergency.
my baby coz premature stayed in nicu for a week and scn for another week, total cost 5.5k but all deductible via medisave.

seem like rather cheap.

share your bill if need k.. meanwhile, any recommendation for ped?

tpy

agreed!

anyway CONGRATS TPY!!!! hope its not too late and u r recovering well?

meanwhile, ladies please go for post natal massage... im going to do next week.

c -sect recommended to do after 3rd week. 3rd week - i experience a sudden surge of pain... they say nerves recovering.. 4th week it stopped.
natural recommended to do post natal massage almost immediate i think?

jiayou mummies.. it all BOILS DOWN TO THIS DAY NOW...!!

zhumei, now i am feeling better and i am still wearing binder. Not sure why my feet seems to have water retention, abit swollen but no pain plus my eyes are getting dryer.
i had engorgement during my second day of stay in the hospital. I was given cold cabbage but its not workable for me. Now no more engorgement after i pumped out my milk once every 3 hrs. BB is still having slight jaundice and does not like sunbathing:( can only bath her with those chinese herbs that helps to get rid of jaundice.

zhumei

Zhumei did they explain whats the difference between epidural and spinal block for csect? Usually whats recommended ?
frankly,i am also not sure but i believe mine is epidural. i have sit up 90 degrees when the anesthesiologist inject at my spine. and i dun remember it's one shot, it's 3 shots.. if im not wrong..

its not that painful as i thought.. i feel injecting drip is more painful. just one sharp gradual pain that slowly die off to numb the lower portion of my body. the only thing is i was shivering throughout my op but no vomitting. ohya i was itching all over! so they gave me calamine lotion to apply.

depends on your situation but i think most will go for epidural. spinal block need to know how long you need to be numb for.
"A spinal is a onetime shot of a LOCAL ANASTHETIC that is injected into the cerebrospinal fluid of the spine. An epidural is a REGIONAL ANASTHETIC that is administered into the epidural space of the spine via a catheter. Anesthesiologists typically use a onetime spinal during c-sections because they know exactly how much anesthetic to administer."

I read up from here: Difference between a spinal block and epidural ???? | BabyCenter

ask gynae to be sure.. coz i didn't have a chance.

Last edited:

zhumei

zhumei, now i am feeling better and i am still wearing binder. Not sure why my feet seems to have water retention, abit swollen but no pain plus my eyes are getting dryer.
i had engorgement during my second day of stay in the hospital. I was given cold cabbage but its not workable for me. Now no more engorgement after i pumped out my milk once every 3 hrs. BB is still having slight jaundice and does not like sunbathing:( can only bath her with those chinese herbs that helps to get rid of jaundice.
oh water retention is common but as long no pain it's ok. i didn't exprience the dryness in the eyes. u very discipline.. every 3 hours.. i now pump 4hours - 6 hours.. got things to do and no engorgement so can't be bothered with the timing.

ok jaundice! my bb had jaundice too.. at 190+ in nicu then use phototherapy. when i brought home, she was 186 so go polyclinic to have weekly blood test. SUPER HEARTPAIN! BB always cry when they draw her blood.. so we are determined to suntan her.. 7am to 9am with a cloth on her eyes.. and with diaper left..

then my mil heard from her auntie friends that bathing in guinness stout helps.. so she bought a can to pour into the bathtub for about 2 weeks.

thank god!!! my bb jaundice dropped from 186 to 127 and no need to go back.. phew..

the herbs i heard got pearl powder also helps. can dry but suntanning helps leh.. u can do it when bb sleeping too

watudoin

hi all, my edd is 18 march.. but up to now, other than very bad water retention, i havenot felt any contraction or braxton hicks or pain...did anyone experience this too? my gynae told me its + and - 2 weeks... so even if past 18 march, she wont do anything yet... im so afraid that my bb gets to big. :(