EDD March 2011

^yes he does. Every baby goes through that phase but they will outgrow it eventually. And yes your hubby is right. Pacifier is not good at all specially if you're breastfeeding it'll cause your baby to rely on the binky than on your breasts when our breasts are supposed to give them comfort, not the binky/pacifier :) And yes, you need to help baby avoid sucking his finger.

Right now my boy is in his "curious" phase. Everything he sees he puts it in his mouth after touching it but I just make sure he do this only to his teethers, not to his soft toys or cloth books :D

jespang

I think this is part n parcel of baby growing up. My girl like to lick/suck her thumb n 2nd finger only. I remember saw a baby boy in hospital able to put his whole fist inside his mouth n saliva all over his face but his parents n grandparent didnt stop him fr sucking. Anyway I will clean her hands with wet cloth every now n then, just to make her fingers are clean when she put into her mouth.

Want to share this with u esp if u are first time mummy/daddy. All the while when my girl sleep at night I will put in a mini bolster at her each side to reduce her startle n also to prevent fr her turning to her tummy. Last few days, my girl able to turn over by her own. So last midnight, I dunno how she do it, but she able to turn over despite there bolster blocking. I was shocked n apparently she was on her tummy for awhile cos can see she is struggling to hold her head up.

So all mummies n daddy no matter whether ur baby is sleeping in the cot or co sleep with u, remember dun sleep too soundly, hv to check on them frequently.

Jinny

YUP I'm always on my "guard" while sleeping, thats why quality of sleep is compromised... somemore must wake up to go work, how to survive...
Wishing for the day hubby tell me to stay home look after baby...

Jinny

^yes he does. Every baby goes through that phase but they will outgrow it eventually. And yes your hubby is right. Pacifier is not good at all specially if you're breastfeeding it'll cause your baby to rely on the binky than on your breasts when our breasts are supposed to give them comfort, not the binky/pacifier :) And yes, you need to help baby avoid sucking his finger.

Right now my boy is in his "curious" phase. Everything he sees he puts it in his mouth after touching it but I just make sure he do this only to his teethers, not to his soft toys or cloth books :D
So how do you keep baby off pacifier? Do you latch him on everytime he cries?

Jinny

hee.. she drink alot meh? but she's still under-sized leh.. now already 4mths but still can fit in newborn or 3mths clothes.. the 3-6mths all too big for her.. want to buy nicenice dresses for her also cannot find size.. hahaha..
Well at least she drinks 50ml more than my girl who's 29days older than your girl... must make sure warming up of EBM is not overheat, if not will destroy the nutrients.

jespang

YUP I'm always on my "guard" while sleeping, thats why quality of sleep is compromised... somemore must wake up to go work, how to survive...
Wishing for the day hubby tell me to stay home look after baby...
After feeding, I alway make sure she is asleep first b4 I fall asleep n often she will stay awake for 1 to 2 hrs. Sigh! Dunno why esp when I change her diaper she will be fully awake n play with her hands n talking to herself. I m not working so will try to take a nap during daytime. Ur hubby didnt help to feed or look after during night time?? I want to go n work badly but too bad I hv no one to take care of my girl.

Jinny

Lol, hubby didn't help for nightfeeding, as i breastfeed. Change diaper also me, since i'm awake to feed baby... he only pat pat conveniently...

Change diaper is a sure wakeup for babies.. But for my girl, she will go back to sleep after changing her diaper.
Ur girl still can talk to herself so cute! I love to see them babble to themselves..
U cant find any babysitter? your mom or mom in law?

paper

I think my baby doesn't like me le :( I just went back tomwork and these two days, he did not smile at me as much as before and sort of ignored me.. He also fussed and cried when I coaxed him to sleep but he was good when granny was carrying him.. I think he prefers his granny more thN me now... So sad. :(

jespang

Ya. I enjoy seeing her looking her own hands n playing her fingers n her 'talking' sometime is so soft n gentle can really melt ur heart. Non of our parents can look after her. As for nanny, can't find suitable. Is either she has no experience in babysitting so my girl will her very first case OR the auntie is currently taking care of another kindergarten child n so she will be taking care of two but I m worry tat this little kid is too small to understand danger. Wat if she accidentally cover my girl's face with cloth or maybe feed her with some stuffs while the nanny is busy with other things?? U know wat I m trying to say? I can't help but feel worry n uncomfortable abt it.

Jinny

Ya jespang I know what u mean. As parents we sure will worry if our baby's in other ppl care. It's best if u know the nanny personally or recommended by friends or family. How abt infant care? But I tell u, to me it's a blessing u r not working, cos u r very important to ur baby's development and her needs. You get to see the 1st instances of her developments, new skills etc.., so it's very good. You can wait till baby's older like 1yr or 18mths can enroll childcare then u go work la...

Hi paper, my baby also didnt seem to recognize me when I went back work. Then everyday i will rush back hm to hug n play w baby.. Then after abt 1 -2 mth, there's improvement, when she see me will get excited. If you got breastfeed better, the bond will b stronger. :)

jespang

Hi Jinny, guess I m not ready to be a mum yet despite I m already so old. Enjoyed alot n alot of freedom b4 I hv my girl but now I m 'stuck' with my girl n my hubby works in oversea. I m no longer able to do those things tat I used to do b4 my pregnancy as simple as like go jogging. Now hv to take a shower faster, eat my dinner faster etc etc. Thus, I want to go back to work badly, to hv some of my own time beside I hv been doing part time for last two yrs, hrs are flexible, get along very well with my colleagues n best of all is tat I m being paid very well. My colleague has been asking me when I m able to retn to work.

Hehe....sorry to read my grumbling. Anyway are u going to try feeding her with brown rice powder mix with FM soon? Me going to try these two days n see how my girl response.

Jinny

oh i see... no worries.
If you plan to go back work parttime, infantcare also has halfday or fullday 1.. But hear that need to enroll early as there are alot areas already full...
I plan to feed her brown rice maybe starting August.. Haven't buy the rice yet...
You try it out and let me know her reaction..lol... So starting feed only once a day rite? then feed for how long can try other food?

paper

Ya jespang I know what u mean. As parents we sure will worry if our baby's in other ppl care. It's best if u know the nanny personally or recommended by friends or family. How abt infant care? But I tell u, to me it's a blessing u r not working, cos u r very important to ur baby's development and her needs. You get to see the 1st instances of her developments, new skills etc.., so it's very good. You can wait till baby's older like 1yr or 18mths can enroll childcare then u go work la...

Hi paper, my baby also didnt seem to recognize me when I went back work. Then everyday i will rush back hm to hug n play w baby.. Then after abt 1 -2 mth, there's improvement, when she see me will get excited. If you got breastfeed better, the bond will b stronger. :)
Hi jinny, really? Your baby too? Haiz, just now he fussed again when I carried him to sleep and he quietened down when Mil carried him.. He did not look at me and always smiled and looking at my hubby or Mil. So it takes about one month or so before he gets used to me? Hope that day comes quickly.. Feel demoralized when baby doesn't seem to like me anymore, like last time :(

Jinny

Hi jinny, really? Your baby too? sigh, just now he fussed again when I carried him to sleep and he quietened down when mother in law carried him.. He did not look at me and always smiled and looking at my hubby or mother in law. So it takes about one month or so before he gets used to me? Hope that day comes quickly.. Feel demoralized when baby doesn't seem to like me anymore, like last time :(
Ya my girl also taken care by motherinlaw, frankly when i see my baby smile at motherinlaw, i will get jealous and imbalance emotions...lol....
Maybe ur MIL has been carrying and feed him since born, thats why he feel more secure with her especially now ur time with him is lessen.
What I do everyday, during lunch time, call back to video call baby and show her my face. Then I go back hm, I insist to breastfeed her and bathe her.
Bathing baby in the evening I think is better, it will soothe baby after a long day in the warm bath, I can also sing and talk to her in the bath (bonding) then after that massage her abit, stroke her and teach her call mommy! lol... she will sleep very well after bath also.
But they say during their 5th to 6th month, babies will develop to cling to mommy alot, so far my baby doesn't cling to me...

jespang

That what I saw fr my friend's kid as well. When she was few mths old, she prefer her dad then her mum but as she grow older she become like a koala bear, cling to her mother so tightly n refuse other to carry her. Hi Jinny, u bath ur girl at evening as well? I wanted to do so as well cos the weather is so hot these few mths but worry that she might caught a cold so I only use warm damp cloth to wipe her body.

Btw, now my mum said better to wait till my girl reach 5 mths old to give her brown rice powder. Worry her digestive system not strong enough. Mummies, did u cut ur baby's hair during the full mth? I did n now after more than 3 mths my girl's hair still growing very very slow n therefore often mistaken as boy boy...

Jinny

Hi jespang

Ya I bath her in the evening, morning then I let my mother in law wipe her...lol...

I also shaved her head during full month, now she also not much hair!! cant wait for her to have long hair and can tie for her... every stranger also mistook her as a boy..

Last edited:

jespang

She is so chubby! I m sure u must hv kiss her every min, right!! Is this the recent photo? I m using iPhone to surf net n do typing but dunno how to use my phone upload my girl's photo here leh.

Jinny

yup this pic is taken last weekend! ya I kiss her every min! lol... everybody's baby's the most lovely in their eyes...

Look like boy boy lor...

Use iphone donno can upload anot, aS u type your post, there is an 'insert image' icon: 6th icon count from the last icon.

paper

Jinny, your gal is so cute! My boy also shaved during first month, now hair growth also quite slow.. I'm using iPad to surf so dunno how to load photo. Will upload my boy photo when I use PC :)