EDD March 2011

evie

Hi Jinny and Simiko

At the rate that I am gaining, I quite afraid that I might hit the 15 kg mark even b4 i deliver.... At 18 weeks plus, I have gained close to 10 kgs!:we2Randy-git:

The thing is that I used to eat much more before I got pregnant and less now but my wt is shooting up like crazy... I am very worried that it may result in some gestational diabetes, or affect my ability to deliver naturally.

My next appt and detailed scan is on 26 oct... I hope my wt doesnt go up anymore before that.

Think I may discuss with my gynae if I need to cut down on my carbo or food intake... :embarrassed:

Last edited:

Alice Ooi

Hi Jinny,

I'll be doing my monthly check up on 29th oct,yeah I hope the doctor can use the 4D scan so that I can see my baby features in detail. Hope it's not too early..

Doreen2906

my gynae clinic is just opp my house.. and is usually vv packed also.. btw.. do you call your gynae or you go down to ask?

I asked when I go down for my appts. My gynae's a very jovial and humourous uncle, like him alot, I always ask many trivial & misc qns, and he never find it bothersome! :001_302:

Jinny

Hi Jinny and Simiko

At the rate that I am gaining, I quite afraid that I might hit the 15 kg mark even before i deliver.... At 18 weeks plus, I have gained close to 10 kgs!:we2Randy-git:

The thing is that I used to eat much more before I got pregnant and less now but my wt is shooting up like crazy... I am very worried that it may result in some gestational diabetes, or affect my ability to deliver naturally.

My next appt and detailed scan is on 26 oct... I hope my wt doesnt go up anymore before that.

Think I may discuss with my gynae if I need to cut down on my carbo or food intake... :embarrassed:

Ya Evie, for gestational diabetes, you need to check with your gynea whether your urine tests are normal or high...
I was once tested quite high in urine sugar and my weight not very much increased, so far only 5kg, but gynea not very alarm, he say is normal in pregnant women to have higher sugar in their urine, but of course must cut down on sugary and carbo stuffs and eat more fibre like fruits and vege and lean meats and excercise...
But I was very worried too, as my family got history of diabetes..So from then, I change to eating brown rice for dinner..
you can try to eat brown rice, as its high in Vitamins and fibre and prevent diabetes.

dont't worry ya, take care.

Doreen2906

Hi mummies,

dont't know is it I worry too much, but I wonder if my bump now is bcos of really my baby growing, or bcos of all the eating. When do you start to show?

I think its bcos I have been used to gg to my gynae every 2 weeks or so during the 1st tri, and now in 2nd tri, so gynae says only neccesary to see him once very month, so been quite awhile since hearing baby's heartbeat and seeing her on ultrasound, so getting abit scared whether she's doing fine or not. :we2unsure:

Heard of horror stories of babies' heartbeat stopping even in 2nd tri etc etc.. I'm getting paranoid.. :wong13:

simiko

Hi Alice

Yup, read about it too... Soon will you be doing your detail scan? I'll be doing mine on the 30th Oct. So Excited that I can see my baby in details :Dancing_tongue:
btw.. at wat wk do you all do the detail scan? i always tot is wk 20 but i called my clinic tt day the nurse say is around 21-23 wk wor.. 20 wk is too early...

simiko

Hi mummies,

dont't know is it I worry too much, but I wonder if my bump now is bcos of really my baby growing, or bcos of all the eating. When do you start to show?

I think its bcos I have been used to gg to my gynae every 2 weeks or so during the 1st tri, and now in 2nd tri, so gynae says only neccesary to see him once very month, so been quite awhile since hearing baby's heartbeat and seeing her on ultrasound, so getting abit scared whether she's doing fine or not. :we2unsure:

Heard of horror stories of babies' heartbeat stopping even in 2nd tri etc etc.. I'm getting paranoid.. :wong13:
My bump is vvv big though i dun eat much... i also worried most of the time.. like u I wanna hear the heartbeat... even to the extend of wanting to go see gynae very week... T.T.. but have to bear wif it lor... i trust bb is strong n doing well.. i think dun worry too much.. no good also.. =)

Jinny

btw.. at what wk do you all do the detail scan? i always thought is wk 20 but i called my clinic that day the nurse say is around 21-23 wk .. 20 wk is too early...

Har! how can 21-23 wk too early:nah:... I'm doing mine @ +-20wk...
As I'm going to Thomson to do the scan, they say 18-22wks can do le.. I think you must ask the clinic nurse to check with doctor 1st den reply you. hee...

Abt tummy size, mine started showing at 2mths and now also vv big given my body is abit on the plump side la...

simiko

Har! how can 21-23 wk too early:nah:... I'm doing mine @ +-20wk...
As I'm going to Thomson to do the scan, they say 18-22wks can do .. I think you must ask the clinic nurse to check with doctor 1st then reply you. hee...

about tummy size, mine started showing at 2mths and now also vv big given my body is abit on the plump side ...
not 21-23 wk too early.. she say best is do at 21-23 wk.. 20 wks still a bit early... my next appt is next week and i'll be 19 wk... i will ask again lor..

evie

hmmm:err:

mine will be done +/- 20 weeks...

my bump onli started to become more obvious twds the beginning of 16 weeks...
hope baby is healthy and well till my next appt... i am quite worried too...
so far the urine tests for sugar level, I have passed and blood pressure is normal but on the lower end... Just hope all will be well...

anyone here knows if KK has a 4d ultrasound and how much does it cost?

and about the detailed scan, is it on 4d or just the 2d? sorry this is my first baby that's why i don't know much :)

jespang

Hi mummies,

Hi Doreen, u are exactly like me... I worry alot as well, esp the last para u mentioned. Read that from a book and it really added into my worries..
Finally after waiting for the long 5 wks, I heard my baby heartbeat and did my scanning...my baby is fine. Maybe a princess but doctor said to confirm when I going to my 20 wks' detail scanning on 3 Nov. So now, I m worry for my detail scanning, worry if my baby's organs, head, legs, hands etc etc are growing normally and healthy.

I heard comments fr friends and even salegirl (when I shopping for maternity pants) said my tummy still not that obvious yet... I also worry why other mummies already showing and mine is a small bump. Is my baby growing ok?

I guess all pregnant women out there (esp 1st time mummy) are just like us... nvr stop worrying. That why this kind of forum come into picture so that at least we can share our worries, experience and other issues regarding pregnancy. It definitely help me to ease my stress after reading other mummies' comments and their experiences.

Alice Ooi

Hello mummies,

Ya I never stop worrying.My tummy start showing in the beginning of 3rd month,then it continue to balloon up until 4th month,I start worrying.But now it seem to be a stagnant size,I also get worried. Always try to feel his heartbeat at night or hoping he can start kicking.When I went to do the 3 testing,I also get so worried that anything would happen,now worried about whether the baby's organ and 4 limbs are growing fine before the next scan. Sigh..

I chose my doctor at glenneagles also because he has the 4d scan,I heard that not many doctor having this 4d scan,I only know that this 4d scan allows you to see your baby's real features in advance.Other than that,I'm not sure how different is this 4d scan as compared to the 3d scan.Anyone has any idea?

pal13

Hi Doreen, you are exactly like me... I worry alot as well, esp the last para you mentioned. Read that from a book and it really added into my worries..
Finally after waiting for the long 5 wks, I heard my baby heartbeat and did my scanning...my baby is fine. Maybe a princess but doctor said to confirm when I going to my 20 wks' detail scanning on 3 Nov. So now, I m worry for my detail scanning, worry if my baby's organs, head, legs, hands etc etc are growing normally and healthy.

I heard comments fr friends and even salegirl (when I shopping for maternity pants) said my tummy still not that obvious yet... I also worry why other mummies already showing and mine is a small bump. Is my baby growing ok?

I guess all pregnant women out there (esp 1st time mummy) are just like us... never stop worrying. That why this kind of forum come into picture so that at least we can share our worries, experience and other issues regarding pregnancy. It definitely help me to ease my stress after reading other mummies' comments and their experiences.
im having my detailed scan on 4 nov & my bump is hardly visible. but gynae did not say anything, despite no weight gained, i presume baby is growing just fine.

simiko

Anyone know if getting rather sick during pregnancy will affect bb?? I am now having vvv bad diaherra n throat infection.. I really afraid will affect the bb...

jespang

Dear Simiko, hope u are much better by now... I hv been reading at other threads/forums and realised quite a number of pregnant women tends to hv diarrhoea easily. To all mommies to be out there (including myself....hehe), please be very very careful of what u eat.. make sure all foods are duly cook. I remember I saw somewhere that despite u may recover from your diarrhoea but there is a chance that infection may happen in ur womb or parasites may grow on ur baby. My doctor did tell me one of her patients after successful delivery, discover her baby has parasites living in but of course the baby is fully recover with medication. But it better to be careful.

For me, I realise I can't take curry/laksa nowsday cos my tummp will tend to be abit painful after that.. dunno if due to coconut or the chilli....

simiko

Dear Simiko, hope you are much better by now... I have been reading at other threads/forums and realised quite a number of pregnant women tends to have diarrhoea easily. To all mommies to be out there (including myself....hehe), please be very very careful of what you eat.. make sure all foods are duly cook. I remember I saw somewhere that despite you may recover from your diarrhoea but there is a chance that infection may happen in your womb or parasites may grow on your baby. My doctor did tell me one of her patients after successful delivery, discover her baby has parasites living in but of course the baby is fully recover with medication. But it better to be careful.

For me, I realise I can't take curry/laksa nowsday cos my tummp will tend to be abit painful after that.. dont know if due to coconut or the chilli....
Thanks... The thing us I did not take anything raw.. I only took chicken rice n maybe the store was not clean coz my colleague also got it.. Just not tt serious.. Just went to see gynae today.. Lucky bb was all fine n kicking health inside.. Gynae said although there might be a little stress on the bb but it's not going to be much of a worry.. Oh ya.. Gynae said as long as there is no dehyration n vvv high fever it is not going to affect the bb much but if not sure it is always good to go back n ask her..:tlaugh:

++eLaiNe++

I'm doing my detail scan at 29th oct..by den I'm abt 21weeks too..
oh I'm not gaining weight too..but tink tis coming detail scan I might gain abit as appetite getting better..hee...

my tummy oso not showing..lol...

im having my detailed scan on 4 nov & my bump is hardly visible. but gynae did not say anything, despite no weight gained, i presume baby is growing just fine.

my bump just started to show up little by little just last week. no need to worry if your baby bump is not yet showing.

anyone here did their detailed scan complete with 4d ultrasound?