EDD March 2011

mummyhu

Evie, i din noe there was a soft toy too haha i never do my research so i prob deserve to get ripped off keke.
U mean ur still eating the same and not more? i am eating much more now. and i swim once a week but that makes me even hungrier. only thing is i dun drink milk at all...hated it as a baby already(i took hours to drink a small bottle), just rely on supplements, yogurt and cheese for now.
Diabetes is also in my family, i have to watch out for carb and sugar intake too. im so sick of watching what i eat and feeling guilty.
But no choice...take care and just stuff yourself with fruits and vege and healthy meat hehe

++eLaiNe++

wow...seem everyone of u started to buy things for the little one..
me yet to do so..:embarrassed:
tink after my detail scan tis fri I must ask my hub to go shopping wif me..
he always say slowly after dec onwards de start to buy..:err:
he so kns...LOL...

Eve, my cousin oso having same issue as u..
low lying placenta..
just dun carry heavy stuffs and try to take more rest..
her gynae oso recommend her do some light exercise lie drip in water(swimming pool) and so on..

tis fri she's gng back for her check up to see if her placenta is back to normal anot..she's 7mths tis fri...

Alice Ooi

Hi evie,

I also had a low placenta during my first trimester,but doctor said it's fine and even if it bleed,it doesn't mean anything,at most it gives u a shock. Fortunately I didn't have bleeding an it the baby went up in second trimester.So not to worry.

I didn't buy much from the fair either,only bought a cute bootie,saw the pigeon sales but my aunt will be buying all the bottles and I think those baby wipes,cotton and small stuff can buy anytime. And Elaine,you are right,the hubby always say it's too early to buy so much,can buy in December.He even say buy the pram and clothes only after baby is born so that baby can try on the spot.:elvis:

kaitokane

I didn't buy much from the fair either,only bought a cute bootie,saw the pigeon sales but my aunt will be buying all the bottles and I think those baby wipes,cotton and small stuff can buy anytime. And Elaine,you are right,the hubby always say it's too early to buy so much,can buy in December.He even say buy the pram and clothes only after baby is born so that baby can try on the spot.:elvis:
wow...seem everyone of you started to buy things for the little one..
me yet to do so..:embarrassed:
tink after my detail scan tis fri I must ask my hub to go shopping with me..
he always say slowly after dec onwards start to buy..:err:
he so kns...LOL...
Same lor, my husband also say same thing, say what still slow laa, blah blah blahs -.-" i think mummys are always tend to be more kia-su than daddy. lols :D

Jinny

As I gotta know baby's gender just before the baby fair, during the fair, I've bought few sets of newborn clothes already to last for the 1st -3 mths...if not baby born out nothing to wear...hee and other things like cot beddings and bean pillows. I've also got hand down clothings and baby cot already!

In addition, i've already got my steriliser, bottles, pacifer, changing mats...toys and so on...

Seems like I'm so kiasu... but its so fun shopping for the little one tat i don care abt hubby's views, just keep giving him excuses tat its all the essentials lor...

++eLaiNe++

yup mummies...

tink us always the more kan cheong spider type..LOL..
now my hub give in abit..he say end of nov can slowly buy abit abit..
yest we went kiddy palace but he stopped me from buying..:nah:

simiko

for me is dif leh.. hub is the one who wants to keep buying n me is the one tt still wan to think n consider one.. haha.. coz i keep thinking.. haven't to bb hypermart, still maybe got better offer or bb fair somewhere.. haha.. i scare buy liao then see somewhere cheaper... T.T up till now still bought breast pump only...

Vaava2011

for me is dif .. hub is the one who wants to keep buying n me is the one that still want to think n consider one.. haha.. coz i keep thinking.. have not't to baby hypermart, still maybe got better offer or baby fair somewhere.. haha.. i scare buy then see somewhere cheaper... T.T up till now still bought breast pump only...
Same here..
My hubz bought 20-25 set of baby clothes already.
His excuse -> many shops near his office :nah:

kaitokane

Same here..
My hubz bought 20-25 set of baby clothes already.
His excuse -> many shops near his office :nah:
hhahaha, thats make me laugh, your husband is funny. LOL :D

for me is dif .. hub is the one who wants to keep buying n me is the one that still want to think n consider one.. haha.. coz i keep thinking.. have not't to baby hypermart, still maybe got better offer or baby fair somewhere.. haha.. i scare buy then see somewhere cheaper... T.T up till now still bought breast pump only...
yaa, sometime i also will behave like this !! scare later buy liao, den see other places cheaper than it. very heart pain :(

Seems like I'm so kiasu... but its so fun shopping for the little one that i dont care about hubby's views, just keep giving him excuses that its all the essentials ...
Yupps! i agreed with you, it's always fun to shop for our babys !!
:Dancing_tongue:

jespang

I hv not buy a single thing for my baby yet... even my own maternity wear.. just bought a 3/4 pant so far then put at home and nvr wear... Guess partly my hubby is not in SIN so nobody to drive me around for shopping...hehe...

Talking abt hubby... mine wont nag or restrict me but he already anxious abt changing to a bigger car (ie. 7 seaters).. start surfing n doing his homework when I m only abt few wks pregnant...LOL

++eLaiNe++

today just went for my detail scan...
I'm having baby boy..
was told by the sonographer tat he's quite big sized for 5mths old..lol..:err:
he's weighing at 414g today...

Alice Ooi

Hi mummies,

I knew it is a boy since month 4,cuz he open his leg,..I just went for my scan on last Friday too,it's about 21 weeks,weighs 418g,but doctor didn't tell me it's overweight leh...

cristinaoh

Hi MummyHu,

I bought the pigeon bottle steriliser bundle pack , that comes with food n bottle warmer, 4 feeding bottles and some other accessories etc... It was too crowded n my hubby n I were too stressed to shop :embarrassed:

By the way, I went for my FA scan today... It's a healthy baby boy weighing 360grams, But I have put on 10 Kgs!!
Doc is going to monitor my weight n diet closely :eek: And I was asked to cut down on carbo...

The bad news is that I have a low lying placenta...:teek:

Hi there,

I am 2nd time mum, and due in March too.

No worries about the low lying placenta. I was having the same problem during my first pregnancy too, and it moved up at the very last month. Was able to deliver naturally, with much help though.

Has anyone heard of PruFirst Gift from Prudential, good thing that one should consider when pregnant.

Alice Ooi

Hi mummies,

Yup I heard of it. I heard from a friend about the PruFirst gift thing. But it seems like the only good thing about it is we mothers can get it even*after 18 weeks of pregnancy whist all other insurance companies will exclude us.
Some of the benefits like the*$5,000*pregnancy complication pales in comparison to Great Eastern*which can*cover for much more than the 7 listed on*Prudential's website. As for the baby's congential illness*cover,*Prudential only cover for max $5,000 (plus it must surfaced within 2 years from delivery) whilst we have to commit to a lifetime of premiums*to their investment linked policy once we start on this plan. Since these Investment linked policy will eat up about 45% of our premiums in the initial years, it's as good as like they are using my own money to pay for the $5,000 which i felt I*can absorb it without having to commit to a lifetime of premium.*

cristinaoh

Hi mummies,

Yup I heard of it. I heard from a friend about the PruFirst gift thing. But it seems like the only good thing about it is we mothers can get it even*after 18 weeks of pregnancy whist all other insurance companies will exclude us.
Some of the benefits like the*$5,000*pregnancy complication pales in comparison to Great Eastern*which can*cover for much more than the 7 listed on*Prudential's website. As for the baby's congential illness*cover,*Prudential only cover for max $5,000 (plus it must surfaced within 2 years from delivery) whilst we have to commit to a lifetime of premiums*to their investment linked policy once we start on this plan. Since these Investment linked policy will eat up about 45% of our premiums in the initial years, it's as good as like they are using my own money to pay for the $5,000 which i felt I*can absorb it without having to commit to a lifetime of premium.*
Hi there,

I think u may have some misconception abt it. But I think it is good as it covers the kid immediately when they are born and not wait to see whether they are healthy or not.

sienna

hi! EDD is 2nd week of March :)

Will be having my Fetal Assessment Scan in NUH on Tuesday next week.. Would it be trans-vaginal or trans-abdominal (right term???? )?? Anyone knows how much as well? Thanks in advance mommies! ^_^