EDD March 2011

Any mommies here who started buying nursing wear already? I'm currently looking for La Leche League nursing bra. I think I found their address before but can't seem to find it now. Anyone here knows their address here in SG?

mummyhu

i bot victoria secrets nursing bra. they are so comfortable and I have started using it already just to season it. although the cup size is fine, the fit around the chest is a little snug even though I bought one size up already. but can use extenders if it doesnt fit.
is leche league good?

bells

i bot victoria secrets nursing bra. they are so comfortable and I have started using it already just to season it. although the cup size is fine, the fit around the chest is a little snug even though I bought one size up already. but can use extenders if it doesnt fit.
is leche league good?
Hey!

I bought emma jane nursing bras.
ASOS | Shop women's fashion & men's clothing | Free Delivery & Returns got free international shipping now. 1 bra only abt $20plus, very cheap!
U mummies shld go take a look!

Oh thanks Evie!
I was thinking of popping by also.
Btw, 5th Dec got baby warehouse sale, see www.taime.com.sg

I still need so many things man!
Was wondering those who have alrdy bought ur stuff, which brand did u buy??

Baby cot
Baby mattress
Baby beddings
Baby waterproof mattress protector
Musical mobile
Bath towels
Nail clippers
Baby wipes
Breast pads
Baby pampers
Baby nappy liners
Baby napkins
Anti-nappy rash cream
Baby bottle Warmer/bag
Baby Shampoo

I was thinking of getting a better mattress cox gonna use until junior bed etc.
Any particular brand or type better?
I see the cot brands, OMG so many types, taurus, vanille, bimbo bello, faerlin, luna, nina, luckybaby, mamalove, I see until my eyes also want to cross!
-.-

Bells

mummyhu

Bells, that is a LOT of cot brands

I have been lazy and bot most of my stuff from mothercare (hurray for amex 15% off!) and online stores.

Baby cot - mothercare bordeaux cotbed coz it looks real solid and in darkbrown coz afraid white will turn yellow, + matching changing table/dresser. I ordered in advance because if they don't have your colour, they take 4 months to indent from UK. Anyway got no warranty on cots.
Baby mattress - the firmest foam one from mothercare
Baby beddings - t-shirt material fitted ones from mothercare. Organic bumper from potterybarnkids.com
Baby waterproof mattress protector - i bot 2 fr mothercare coz i intend to layer the bedsheets so i can just remove the top ones when soiled.
Musical mobile - potterybarnkids.com (black and white sheep one coz they see black/white best as infants)
Bath towels - potterybarnkids.com
Nail clippers - safety first
Baby wipes - pigeon
Breast pads - medela (but not sure if good or the pigeon one?)
Baby pampers - for going out, mamypoko (heard from other mothers its got good absorption). For home use I have bought bumgenius 4.0 hook/loop
Baby nappy liners - pigeon
Baby napkins - pigeon
Anti-nappy rash cream - baby burts bees
Baby bottle Warmer/bag - jj cole set bottle warmer, changing pad and pacifier case. I like the storksak bags so maybe i will request as gift
Baby Shampoo - baby burts bees
Im holding out on buying the stroller for now as I don't want the warranty to start yet.

evie

Hi bells

This is what I have got so far .... havent really completed my shopping. Now, I have more excuses to keep shopping before my baby comes along... :D

Baby cot--- Walnut color Taurus cot, comes with baby 's mattress (foam)
Baby beddings --- Got one set free, bought 3 more sets from Motherswork
Baby waterproof mattress protector --- Yet to purchase
Musical mobile --- bought the fisherprice one that plays classical music and can project cute animal pics onto the wall :D
bought a black and white set with rattle from Motherswork that can attach to bed rails
Baby's clothes --- mostly from Motherswork
Baby's toys --- mostly from Motherswork, got a sophie plush n teether set that I luv :)
Baby's wardrobe n chest of drawers --- from Seahorse Furniture
Bath towels --- dunno where my hubby bought these...
Nail clippers --- pigeon
Baby wipes --- pigeon & huggies
Breast pads --- pigeon
Baby pampers --- Pampers
Anti-nappy rash cream n baby facial cream--- Mustela
Baby bottle Warmer/bag --- 4 Pigeon bottles, 2 TommeeTippe bottles, Pigeon cooler bag
Warmer bag ( nt purchased yet)
Baby Shampoo -- Pigeon
Baby foam Bath -- Pigeon
Portable diaper caddy -- Munchkins
Diaper bag-- Intending to get Allerhand from Takashimaya or Storksak....
Diaper and accessories holder -- Munchkins (to be attached to cot)
Baby Sling/carrier -- Mothercare
Stroller --- from Mothercare -Capella Cony (A gift from my Godsis)

Last edited:
is leche league good?
I checked the reviews online and it seems to be getting a lot of raves. I'm also thinking of getting Fabulous Mom nursing bra. I discovered this brand in an online store in the Philippines but turns out it's actually a Malaysian nursing wear/lingerie brand, and they have a showroom in JB so I think me & hubby will be heading there this weekend to check out the store, just in time for this Malaysian food festival going on there this weekend:001_302:

mommyhu:
Maybe you can also check Ikea, they have some baby items there. Will be going there tomorrow to check their cots etc for babies :Dancing_tongue:

So far, here's what I got for my baby boy:
6 baby bottles - Ordered Born Free from Amazon. Don't think I'll be needing too much bottles as I want to concentrate on breastfeeding my boy:Dancing_wub:
Electric bottle warmer - got Avent bottle warmer during the parenthood fair at expo last weekend. costs us $50 (I think, sorry my pregnesia is acting up) comes with a see thru bag, pacifier, 1 4oz bottle.
Storage system for breastmilk - got Avent also
Socks/booties - mostly from Carters.
Grooming kit - includes an electronic thermometer, nail clipper, file, etc. Dad bought it for us :tlaugh:
Receiving blankets/hooded towels - mostly from Carters, Disney Babies.
Some long sleeve/short sleeve side tie, PJ's, shorts - Dad bought it also from Philippines since it's way cheaper there
Mittens - got the tied ones, since the gartered ones can be removed easily by the baby. also from my Dad :)
Baby wipes - Pigeon
Cloth diaper - c/o my Dad from Philippines
Washcloths - Got a $6/10pc pack from Parenthood fair.

Still lack lots of things like nursing wear, nursing bra, etc but not in a rush to buy them for now. Hope there will be a sale soon.

I still lack lots of sleepwear, PJ's, more side ties but hubby and I decided to just buy these in Philippines since it's way cheaper. $50 can already get us almost 2weeks worth of baby's clothes & some extra bibs etc.

The rest of the stuff we're waiting for the March baby fair, hoping for good deals specially the G Elite stroller. Baby cot maybe a few months after I give birth. We don't see the need to buy it for the meantime as me & hubby prefer baby to sleep beside us, want to enjoy the moment while he's still a baby:we2cute::we2cute:

Last edited:

bells

Hey mummies!

Thanks for ur replies!
Btw, I realised I saw the wrong date on www.taime.com.sg, it's 5/nov and 6/nov, over alrdy but they didnt take down the advert on their main page! -.-
So sian!
I still so happy, thought I can go for warehouse sale! haha
i saw online, this mummy bought stuff from last July's pigeon warehouse sale, MY GOD, so cheap!
I wonder when is their next sale?? o_O

Baby cot ah.. I spoke to my hubby last night and we kinda narrowed down to vanille/taurus/ruby/bebe dreami cots.

Mummy Evie, what made u choose the taurus cot ah?
Most online shops got no physical display of the cots, makes it so hard to buy hor!
I was thinking of getting a babysafe mattress/spring mattress as we intend to let her sleep in it till slightly older, so might as well invest in one.

Also ahh, I heard the baby safe newborn pillow is too high to sleep in?
Is it true ah? I wanted to buy the bean sprout pillow for her, but my mother says, is not use bean sprout pillow but grean beans!
i was like -.-, REALLY MEH.

HAHA.

mummyhu

Bells: I don't know why but the mothercare staff dissuaded me from buying spring mattress as they say its not suitable for infants, even though they were also selling spring. so ended up with a hypoallergenic foam one instead.
Also, they don't need pillows until they are older but my frens buy them as decoration. When can my child sleep with a pillow? | BabyCenter

mummyhu

Evie: you are also got tommeetipee bottles? i bot 2, the one with the temperature gauge. but looks like a lot of parts. its also a bit wide, i hope it can fit into the warmer bag.

evie

Hi bells n mummyhu

Bells: I chose the taurus cot cos it is slightly more spacious than the Bebe cots... Maybe you can drop by kaki bukit to see all the cots b4 deciding? :)
I was also told that babies should nt sleep on spring mattresses when they are this young.
The foam mattress that I got has air vents and is hypoallergenic...
As for pillow, my colleaagues advised me not to use any...
By the way, my hubby also bought the pigeon rapid steriliser for the bottles n food/bottle warmer from the recent expo fair...

Mummyhu,
I bought the printed tommee tippee bottles cos they were irresistibly cute :D, didnt know that there was one wit temp gauge...
anyways, I am intending to breastfeed if possible... My bottles are probably for my hubby to help me out with the feeds.
I dun think I will go to any more baby fairs as they are too crowded and a bit too stressful for my liking... I cant shop under stress or in an unorganised mess...:(
I think I prefer to shop leisurely on weekdays at the malls to avoid the crowd and take my time to make up my mind... LOL

bells

Evie: Yeap! Will go check it out with hubby this weekend. Btw, starting tml got John Little sale at expo u can go check it out!

Oh yeah mummies, i wanna ask u guys smth.
Shld i get cloth diaper covers and use it with the traditional white cloth thingy/pre-folds/inserts and diaper liner or I shld get the All-in-one diaper?
Im so confused!!!

OMG.

evie

hmmm... I dun intend to use cloth diapers.... cos I dun think I can manage with all the washing etc. I think I will stick to disposables...

mummyhu

!
Oh yeah mummies, i wanna ask you guys smth.
Shld i get cloth diaper covers and use it with the traditional white cloth thingy/pre-folds/inserts and diaper liner or I shld get the All-in-one diaper?
Im so confused!!!

OMG.
buy a couple of each to try and see what works best for you?

mummyhu

Mummyhu,
I bought the printed tommee tippee bottles cos they were irresistibly cute :D, didnt know that there was one wit temp gauge...
anyways, I am intending to breastfeed if possible... My bottles are probably for my hubby to help me out with the feeds.
I dont think I will go to any more baby fairs as they are too crowded and a bit too stressful for my liking... I cant shop under stress or in an unorganised mess...:(
I think I prefer to shop leisurely on weekdays at the malls to avoid the crowd and take my time to make up my mind... LOL
yeah the closer to nature, anti-colic one has a lil tube inside to tell u if too hot or cold. it might fit into other TT bottles as well so can swap around the bottles.
I agree, baby fairs give me a headache, i went to one at taka awhile back, din buy anything and went to the miserable Oct expo one and only bot sophie the giraffe. too much effort for so little!

tutumoon

hmmm... I dun intend to use cloth diapers.... cos I dun think I can manage with all the washing etc. I think I will stick to disposables...
you may want to get a few cloth diapers in case baby got rash from disposable.. if the cloth diapers need not be used in the end, they can also be used as blankets/towels/wraps, etc :)

jespang

Hi gals,

For your info, beside the Little Foot Fair in S'pore Expo on 18th and 19th Dec, I was told that Robinson will be having a nursery fair (Raffles City) fr 25th Dec. So mummies may want to hold ur shopping urge till then....:001_302:

My gal friend is giving me a playpen but I wonder if a baby cot will be better? Mummies wat do u think? But again baby grows very fast so usually a baby cot can only last abt 3 yrs or so then it will be a waste if I buy a brand new cot.... haiz.... I m very confused.

Mummies out there who are delivering in March 2011, I having this problem since few wks ago. Not sure if that is pelvic or vagina but every now and then my private part tend to be aching or uncomfortable and seem abit swollen. Esp when I go shopping for 2 or 3 hrs (standing or walking around), I can feel its aching and discomfort. It pretty hard for me to describe the discomfort but is not itchy. My doctor told me is normal cos now baby's head is facing now therefore is pressing onto my pelvic.

Any gals out there is having the same problem like me??:embarrassed:

bells

Hi gals,

For your info, beside the Little Foot Fair in S'pore Expo on 18th and 19th Dec, I was told that Robinson will be having a nursery fair (Raffles City) fr 25th Dec. So mummies may want to hold your shopping urge till then....:001_302:

My gal friend is giving me a playpen but I wonder if a baby cot will be better? Mummies what do you think? But again baby grows very fast so usually a baby cot can only last about 3 yrs or so then it will be a waste if I buy a brand new cot.... sigh.... I m very confused.

Mummies out there who are delivering in March 2011, I having this problem since few wks ago. Not sure if that is pelvic or vagina but every now and then my private part tend to be aching or uncomfortable and seem abit swollen. Esp when I go shopping for 2 or 3 hours (standing or walking around), I can feel its aching and discomfort. It pretty hard for me to describe the discomfort but is not itchy. My doctor told me is normal cos now baby's head is facing now therefore is pressing onto my pelvic.

Any gals out there is having the same problem like me??:embarrassed:
Hey,

Me too, dont worry, i think its nth, I also feel that way sometimes.
It's not painful right? just aching?

evie

you may want to get a few cloth diapers in case baby got rash from disposable.. if the cloth diapers need not be used in the end, they can also be used as blankets/towels/wraps, etc :)
Yup tutumoon,
my colleague passed me some brand new cloth diaper just in case, I may wanna try using them :D