EDD March 2011

evie

Hi gals,

For your info, beside the Little Foot Fair in S'pore Expo on 18th and 19th Dec, I was told that Robinson will be having a nursery fair (Raffles City) fr 25th Dec. So mummies may want to hold ur shopping urge till then....:001_302:

My gal friend is giving me a playpen but I wonder if a baby cot will be better? Mummies wat do u think? But again baby grows very fast so usually a baby cot can only last abt 3 yrs or so then it will be a waste if I buy a brand new cot.... haiz.... I m very confused.

Mummies out there who are delivering in March 2011, I having this problem since few wks ago. Not sure if that is pelvic or vagina but every now and then my private part tend to be aching or uncomfortable and seem abit swollen. Esp when I go shopping for 2 or 3 hrs (standing or walking around), I can feel its aching and discomfort. It pretty hard for me to describe the discomfort but is not itchy. My doctor told me is normal cos now baby's head is facing now therefore is pressing onto my pelvic.

Any gals out there is having the same problem like me??:embarrassed:

Hi Jespang
I also had a slight aching feeling every now and then, as my job requires me to stand and walk around a lot.
I was told by my gynae that it is the baby adding pressure causing the aches.
sometimes, I can also feel as if my baby is "kicking" me near my vaginal/cervix area.
I was told that the baby is either kicking a nerve near the area or his head or legs is pressing on a nerve nearby, causing the discomfort. As long as there is no spotting, I think you shouldnt be too worried. :D

The reason I got a cot bed was because firstly I have dogs at home and with a playpen, their fur might be stuck on the fabric of the playpen, making it hard for me to clean and maintain.
Secondly, the cot can be converted to a toddler bed and so I thought it would serve its purpose quite well in my case.

mummyhu

Hi gals,

For your info, beside the Little Foot Fair in S'pore Expo on 18th and 19th Dec, I was told that Robinson will be having a nursery fair (Raffles City) fr 25th Dec. So mummies may want to hold your shopping urge till then....:001_302:

My gal friend is giving me a playpen but I wonder if a baby cot will be better? Mummies what do you think? But again baby grows very fast so usually a baby cot can only last about 3 yrs or so then it will be a waste if I buy a brand new cot.... sigh.... I m very confused.

Mummies out there who are delivering in March 2011, I having this problem since few wks ago. Not sure if that is pelvic or vagina but every now and then my private part tend to be aching or uncomfortable and seem abit swollen. Esp when I go shopping for 2 or 3 hours (standing or walking around), I can feel its aching and discomfort. It pretty hard for me to describe the discomfort but is not itchy. My doctor told me is normal cos now baby's head is facing now therefore is pressing onto my pelvic.

Any gals out there is having the same problem like me??:embarrassed:
Yah like wat evie said, get a cot/bed. the one i bot can convert to a junior bed and then a daybed when the kiddo has outgrown. definitely worth it if you think of the no. of yrs you will be using (and hopefully for the 2nd kid). i do plan to get a playpen also but to put at my parent's place so my mum can watch him for me.
I also have that ache below. suddenly got it like 3 days ago. the next day, it kinda got worse like can't take my normal strides and walked around in small slow steps. today its ok, little bit ache but not as bad. dunno why also.

bells

mummies,

any one of u here using Ergo / Manduca / Baby Bjorn Active Carrier?
I am thinking of buying one, but so ex!
So dono if I shld or not!
Which one better ah??

redjn

If any of u mummies out there still looking for a gynae, u can try my (see attach for details) he is good but most of his nurse has an attitude prob but I dun doubt his skill against his staff. :tongue:

I also know that in Clementi Ave 2, there is a women clinic, their gynae review is also not bad.

Attachments

mummyhu

dun u guys think that the news article on preggos who use the mobile phone can cause behavioural problems in kids a little scary? i dun talk for hrs on the phone but do sms and play games quite a bit on my iphone. argh.

mummyhu,
guess in this high tech world, we can't avoid the use of mobile phones... just try not to put near to your tummy to minimise the radiation lor... hugs...

Re: baby carrier
I intend to get a baby carrier only after the baby is born... so that can let bb try and see if he feels comfortable in it... =)

jespang

Hi gals, if u hv been told abt a baby fair in Expo for today n tmr, pls dun bother to go. I went early this morning, very very disappointed. Nothing at all. It really s%@k!! I end up buying cros shoe n rice cooker fr other exhibition halls.

evie

oh dear what a wasted trip... I have actually had one bad baby fair experience and stopped going to any fairs or warehse sale etc.
Too far and crowded for me to shop... I get stressed when there are too many pple squeezing ard... :(
Jespang, have u got most of ur baby's stuff?

jespang

Hi, I just bought a cotbed and a car seat over the wkend at Mothercare. The shop is having sale + further discount if you hv amex credit card. Btw, for all mummies' info, Harbourfront Outlet is much bigger and have more displays (ie. pram, car seat, cotbeds) BUT for clothes, not so many choices compares to other outlets.

I guess I still hv some small items ie. detegent, diapers, wipers etc to buy. I bought only few baby clothes cos still awaiting for my friends to pass me theirs. Now I m awaiting for the Robinson's nursery fair, hope can get some discounted items there.

mummyhu

yah harbourfront is the biggest, i also bot my maxicosi and cot there. They had $100 off for 1 colour of the maxicosi coz they overstocked on the colour but not sure if now still have, other than that, no discount even with amex for this brand. However, motherswork has 15% off, even for the base for your car so can buy from there. ooh and LG mats...there's 20% at motherswork too if anyone's interested... just bot one for my boy to crawl on when he's bigger.

charmine

Hi, I just bought a cotbed and a car seat over the wkend at Mothercare. The shop is having sale + further discount if you hv amex credit card. Btw, for all mummies' info, Harbourfront Outlet is much bigger and have more displays (ie. pram, car seat, cotbeds) BUT for clothes, not so many choices compares to other outlets.

I guess I still hv some small items ie. detegent, diapers, wipers etc to buy. I bought only few baby clothes cos still awaiting for my friends to pass me theirs. Now I m awaiting for the Robinson's nursery fair, hope can get some discounted items there.
Hi, do you know when and where is the Robinson's nursery fair ??

jespang

Is sometime this week at Robinson (City Hall).

Mummies, may I ask if we are allow to eat cashew nuts? (Brand: Tong Garden/Camel). I remembered I saw somewhere in internet or books that is better for pregnant women NOT to eat PEANUTS cos may cause allergic or asthma to babies. But how abt other nuts like CASHEW, ALMOND etc... I realised I hv been eating alot alot of tibits/snacks these few weeks.:shyxxx:

And mummies able to share how heavy are u now?? I m now exactly 28 weeks and I hv put on weight for abt 8 or 9 kgs. Nvr been so heavy in my life b4...:001_302:. Still hv another 12 wks to go, wonder how much weight will I put on by then???

charmine

I am also 28 weeks pregnant and have already put on 14 kg !!!
I do take peanuts too and i thought is ok as long not too much .

mummyhu

Eating peanuts during pregnancy

Looks ok to me. i read other sites too. they say avoid only if u, ur spouse or older kids have allergic reaction to it.

I also put on abt 10kg at 28 wks. doc says this is fine and baby's weight is in the 50th percentile. if 90th and above they will check for diabetes and prob have to go for c-sect i think. doc says ideally i should be another 4-6kg heavier when i pop...which i think is quite little haha coz i tot underweight ppl should be putting on more weight than normal ppl.

evie

yah harbourfront is the biggest, i also bot my maxicosi and cot there. They had $100 off for 1 colour of the maxicosi coz they overstocked on the colour but not sure if now still have, other than that, no discount even with amex for this brand. However, motherswork has 15% off, even for the base for your car so can buy from there. ooh and LG mats...there's 20% at motherswork too if anyone's interested... just bot one for my boy to crawl on when he's bigger.

which size LG mat did u get mummyhu??
I am debating if i shld buy now or when my son's out and older... Haha :)

mummyhu

which size LG mat did you get mummyhu??
I am debating if i shld buy now or when my son's out and older... Haha :)
i bot the biggest one. i think they were telling me the new stock they have coming is not as big or not as thick, something like that. anyway since on sale, i bot now...figured he and i can hang out by lying on it first. but u can wait till ur bb starts to crawl if u want to buy later. some of them are more expensive like the one with the 'Cars' picture is $100 more than others and i can't justify paying for it.

evie

currently I have done up the nursery but I was afraid with the mat the rm may appear too cluttered ....:(

By the way how much did u pay for yours ?
I saw that the mats are also sold online on www.smallsmallworld.com , wanted to order from there.

Last edited: