EDD March 2011

paper

hi mommies... jsut to join in the chat. realise some of the kids have teeth already? envy.. btw just to check will you bf your child till 1 yr old or longer?
mine no teeth yet.. turning 6 months next week... hee... going to start his first taste of cereal this weekend.. so exciting!

currently, i only pump twice a day, so he only drinks bf 1-2 times... supply getting lower le...

Asphere

Hello Paper,
your boy will love his 1st cereal haha and that will mean smelly poo keke.. I cant stand the smell of my boy's poo. unbearable :)

when exactly will their teeth grow ? keke curious... and my boy can sit on his own for a few seconds.. happy :)
keke

oh yah anyway to increase the milk flow? feel sad whenever i didnt manage to pump 150ml each time..

sigh~~
any idea what is the ideal weight for the baby? coz many ppl telling me my son getting slim but his weight did increase.

Last edited:

Jinny

Hi asphere, to increase milk, must make sure u eat really well (include good carbo and lots of protein), drink alot from soups and other warm beverage. I find drinking hot soya milk (from mr bean) helps in milk production, maybe you all can try :)

jespang

I took fenugreek. Can be bought from pharmacy. Think it help cos my girl no longer cry for more milk whenever she nurse from my breast. How come eating cereal will cause the poo poo to be smelly? what brand r you giving to your son? Currently I m giving brown rice powder mix with breast milk to my girl, thought of changing to nestle puree. have any mummy try it out already?

nutela

Yup.. Once baby start eatg solid food, their poo poo wil b smelly mah, like we adult.. Hehe.. I try brown rice, nestle rice n the gerber puree too..

Asphere

coz when baby starts to have "solid food" the poo will start to smell already :) my boy is not taking cereal. he is taking porridge every evening and baby food during afternoon tea break :)

I heard that fenugreek doesnt help much? keke

carbo and protein? okie shall try to take more haha :)

jespang

Hi mummies, I started to feed my girl HT oatmeal cereal 2 days ago. She finished all up but I realized her poo poo has cereal as well. I used to feed her brown rice n her poo usually is just yellowish paste or a bit watery sometime. N now I saw her poo is like mixture of paste n cereal/oatmeal. Is this normal?

Malunggay Tea

Malunggay Tea - Proven to Support Breast Milk Production:red:
Hi Mummies :wong19:

Fret about breastmilk production? Malunggay Herb Tea is here to save the day !

See my business listing :

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f81/malunggay-wonder-tea-increase-breast-milk-production-63324/

More information about the Malunggay Herb Tea is available on this website :

Welcome to Sun Angel Malunggay

As nursing mums need an intake of 3-4 litres of fluids daily and trustworthy nutritional support to maintain good health during breastfeeding, Malunggay Herb Tea is highly recommended. This product is approved by HSA.

It is all natural, no caffeine and proven to support breastmilk production. Malunggay leaves are full of essential nutrients and vitamns A. B, C and E. It is high in anti-oxidants and contains minerals like protein, calcium, iron and potassium, just to name a few.

I have many returning customers, so it definitely works as well as it looks :)

Please bookmark the above for future needs.
Thank you for your kind attention :Dancing_tongue:

paper

hi all mummies,

how has your baby been doing? my boy recently down with bronchitis. Was admitted to hospital for 4 days, now still on nebulizer.. heartpain when he cried during treatment... =(

he lost weight too... now only 7.2 kg at 6.5 months... he only ate cereal and pumpkin to date... doc said currently no veg or fruits for him first....

Jinny

Hi paper
my baby's okay, so far no much major sickness...
HOw come ur boy got bronchitis?
Could it be due to milk feeding times not upright enough? like if you feed him lying down, over time the milk may get into his windpipe

Hope he recovers soon with your upmost care and love!

jespang

hi all mummies,

how has your baby been doing? my boy recently down with bronchitis. Was admitted to hospital for 4 days, now still on nebulizer.. heartpain when he cried during treatment... =(

he lost weight too... now only 7.2 kg at 6.5 months... he only ate cereal and pumpkin to date... doc said currently no veg or fruits for him first....

Hi Paper, sorry to hear that ur baby is sick. I dunno much abt this bronchitis until I saw ur post and read up in the internet. It can be pass on by physical contact thus is pretty dangerous for infants like ours. Did u put ur boy into infant care?

I can understand how painful to see babies who are sick cos they are so helpless and can't express themselves!

Really hope that ur boy will recover speedy!!!

paper

Hi paper
my baby's okay, so far no much major sickness...
HOw come ur boy got bronchitis?
Could it be due to milk feeding times not upright enough? like if you feed him lying down, over time the milk may get into his windpipe

Hope he recovers soon with your upmost care and love!
Hi jinny, I think my hubby passed his cough virus to him, so he ended up with a fever, cough and runny nose.. A lot of mucus and phlegm.. Doc has to suck out his mucus and phlegm via a tube inserted into his mouth and nose everyday when he was in hospital... He cried so loudly! :( luckily, now he is slowly recovering... Hope he will recover soon!

paper

Hi Paper, sorry to hear that ur baby is sick. I dunno much abt this bronchitis until I saw ur post and read up in the internet. It can be pass on by physical contact thus is pretty dangerous for infants like ours. Did u put ur boy into infant care?

I can understand how painful to see babies who are sick cos they are so helpless and can't express themselves!

Really hope that ur boy will recover speedy!!!
Hi jespang, heard from the nurse that bronchitis is common among infants.. I even saw a baby younger than my son in hospital... Ya, very painful to watch them cry and suffer :( now he is
on the nebulizer every 6 hourly, will go back for review this sat... My boy is not in infant care so was quite surprised that he could become ill... Think my hubby coughing and pass to him...

paper

Hi all mummies, how have your babies been doing? :) I'm beginning to regret rocking him to sleep... Now he's getting heavier but still insists to be rocked to sleep... How do your babies sleep? I don't bear to use the cry it out method......

Hi all mummies, how have your babies been doing? :) I'm beginning to regret rocking him to sleep... Now he's getting heavier but still insists to be rocked to sleep... How do your babies sleep? I don't bear to use the cry it out method......
Either that or we do side lying position while breastfeeding. It depends on his mood.

Don't feel bad on getting your baby used to carrying. They're only babies once so we need to cherish and enjoy these moments as much as we can even if sometimes it gets really tiring and exhausting. Skin to skin contact with our babies has a lot of benefits and there was a study about babies who are carried less affects their EQ. One good example of this is Adolf Hitler. Go figure :)

And on the brighter side, it's also exercise on our part :p But seriously, don't regret it. For sure you will miss it once he's big already and doesn't want to be carried anymore.

ling198

Surprisingly my gal outgrows the rocking on her own. Now she refused to sleep when we rock her. Can only sleep once we put her down onto her bed. It totally surprised us.
Do you use the pacifier? I use it only when she sleeps so once the pacifier is in her mouth, she will go to zzz in a few minutes. It's like a kind of association for her.

paper

Either that or we do side lying position while breastfeeding. It depends on his mood.

Don't feel bad on getting your baby used to carrying. They're only babies once so we need to cherish and enjoy these moments as much as we can even if sometimes it gets really tiring and exhausting. Skin to skin contact with our babies has a lot of benefits and there was a study about babies who are carried less affects their EQ. One good example of this is Adolf Hitler. Go figure :)

And on the brighter side, it's also exercise on our part :p But seriously, don't regret it. For sure you will miss it once he's big already and doesn't want to be carried anymore.
True, they are just small for a little while.. Soon they don't want us to carry anymore... I shall cherish the cuddly time then! :) they sure look like angels when sleeping and I feel comforted seeing my boy fall asleep soundly in my arms too... Just that my arms are aching... Haha

paper

Surprisingly my gal outgrows the rocking on her own. Now she refused to sleep when we rock her. Can only sleep once we put her down onto her bed. It totally surprised us.
Do you use the pacifier? I use it only when she sleeps so once the pacifier is in her mouth, she will go to zzz in a few minutes. It's like a kind of association for her.
Nope, we don't use pacifier... He will suck his fingers when he is sleepy.. After some rocking and singing, he will then fall asleep... Just lately, I saw my boy using the cot railings as support and stand up! Surprised me!