Edd march 2012

Evaling

Hi mummies, anyone gave birth naturally at SGH & opt for class A1 single bedded? How much did you pay in total after all the deductions & subsidize?

xiaodaisy

hey xiaodaisy, so for broccoli, how did you feed your baby? cook it with other ingredient?
broccoli ,i mixed with fish porridge when giving my girl , else mix with cereal or pumpkin =) baby can still eat the broccoli by itself but just dont taste so good haha!

I just tried sweet potato for my baby, and she loves it! She hates apple (my mom bought Heinz), but I'm gonna let her try again with organic Gala apples. They should be sweeter. Anyone fed carrots yet? I've been wanting to, but am scared of the nitrate level, so I might just wait till she turns 7mths.

Any suggestions of yellow veges I can intro her to? So far, I've only been giving fruits.

Btw, I use the Avent steamer plus blender. It's so hassle-free, and nutritious for baby too (water from steaming is retained and goes back into puree).
i gave carrots already , so far so good =)

the baby dishwashing liquid i use tollyjoy =)

I just fed my babies carrot porridge this week and they love it! just like what Stay said, i also used organic one and its natural sweetness even we adults like it...haha
any mummies here fed green vege to babies alrdy? can suggest what vege u prepared?
i gave spinach n broccoli, steamed , blend n mix in porridge =)

katsg

Wow, I also use Tollyjoy bottle liquid cleanser. But I think my friend mentions that KODOMO brand ingredients are more towards natural than Tollyjoy. Anyone using KODOMO brand so far? I do know that KODOMO costs much higher than Tollyjoy. Any reviews on KODOMO bottle liquid cleanser? :)

themissus

Hihi, I dun think cold storage has. U can try great world city or tanglin mall.

I get the daddy to wash too! Am using tollyjoy for all baby's bottles n utensils including the blender, knife, chopping board etc.
Where do you buy the tollyjoy knife, chopping board?? I've never seen before! I'm just using a brand new chopping board for baby food.

katsg

Mummies,

Can I check if we can keep the extra puree that we blend for bb in the fridge and re-warm them again once we want to give it to bb and if so how many days can we store the puree in the fridge ah? :)

Mummies,

Can I check if we can keep the extra puree that we blend for bb in the fridge and re-warm them again once we want to give it to bb and if so how many days can we store the puree in the fridge ah? :)
I bought the baby cubes and put extra in freezer sufficient for 8 days. Once I thaw by bringing down to fridge, I leave it only for 24 hours. Uneaten then I'll throw.

Mummies,

Can I ask how do you boil small quantity of porridge? Do you steam the carrots (or other food) first then put into the porridge or put in and boil together? Any recipe books to recommend?

hayashi43

Mummies,

Can I ask how do you boil small quantity of porridge? Do you steam the carrots (or other food) first then put into the porridge or put in and boil together? Any recipe books to recommend?
i boil porridge and steam e ingredients separately..i usually cook 1 week share together then freeze them in storage containers..
for starting e puree is quite standard, just cook them w/o adding any seasoning =)

Mummies,

yes can freeze then re-heat when feeding baby, but i usually divide e amt into separate storage bags or containers, so everytime reheat just take out 1 bag will do...=)

xiaodaisy

Mummies,

Can I check if we can keep the extra puree that we blend for baby in the fridge and re-warm them again once we want to give it to baby and if so how many days can we store the puree in the fridge ? :)
at times i will keep extra in baby cubes and freeze it =) but since i'm a sahm ,i still do it fresh daily =)

Mummies,

if u got slow cooker , got those very mini types just for babies meal .. personally , i use stove so i just cook the amt needed ..

for porridge , i will use ikan billis for soup base , after the taste out den i take out the ikan billis (u can either throw or blend it to add in porridge as not to waste it) .. soup base can have many other types , like pork ribs , chicken bones , fish bones or dried scallop ..

den i'll add in fish or meat and 1 type of vege .. for vege , i will steam n blend it den add into the porridge .. =) den slowly cook together n u will have a yummy tasty porridge =)

Oh what are baby cubes? R they storage containers? :)
yup .. =)

katsg

at times i will keep extra in baby cubes and freeze it =) but since i'm a sahm ,i still do it fresh daily =)

if u got slow cooker , got those very mini types just for babies meal .. personally , i use stove so i just cook the amt needed ..

for porridge , i will use ikan billis for soup base , after the taste out den i take out the ikan billis (u can either throw or blend it to add in porridge as not to waste it) .. soup base can have many other types , like pork ribs , chicken bones , fish bones or dried scallop ..

den i'll add in fish or meat and 1 type of vege .. for vege , i will steam n blend it den add into the porridge .. =) den slowly cook together n u will have a yummy tasty porridge =)

yup .. =)
Can I know where can we buy the baby cubes? What brand is good? :)

Stay

Hihi, we can use the meats at soup base for porridge? I thought we should only introduce meats at 8-9 months?

xiaodaisy

Can I know where can we buy the baby cubes? What brand is good? :)
the brand is call baby cubes =) 1 of the mummy have shared the link le ..

Hihi, we can use the meats at soup base for porridge? I thought we should only introduce meats at 8-9 months?
for allergic , sensitive babies den wait till 8-9mths den introduce , my girl is ok with everything =)

katsg

Last edited:
Oh I see...okay, I've ordered one set as well. Thanks! Btw, is it ok to blend a few fruits together? What fruits are safe for bb to take now? :) Oh ya, are the baby cubes reusable? :)
Oh yes, it's reusable. :)
I used this website as a guideline: Making Fruit Baby Food Recipes! Simple Fruit Puree Recipes for homemade baby food. Find Free Fruit Puree Baby Food Recipes

I was also advised to blend one fruit at a time then mix them together when feeding. However to make sure that u hv already tried the fruit on them separately to know they are not allergic first.

hayashi43

Oh yes, it's reusable. :)
I used this website as a guideline: Making Fruit Baby Food Recipes! Simple Fruit Puree Recipes for homemade baby food. Find Free Fruit Puree Baby Food Recipes

I was also advised to blend one fruit at a time then mix them together when feeding. However to make sure that u hv already tried the fruit on them separately to know they are not allergic first.
just sharing...yest brought my boys to PD for 6th mth injection, PD advised not to feed kiwi, chinese pear and banana cos kiwi is considered berry which might cause allergic while banana might cause phlegm....as for chinese pear, cant rem e reason =P

rememebered he said apple, autralian pear are ok....