EDD March 2013

WHY CONFINEMENT CENTERS?

Confinement centre is an ideal place for postpartum moms to stay and rest during their confinement period. Confinement centre provides proper nutrition meals, physical hygiene and good rest for postpartum moms. For newborns, there will be experienced confinement nannies to handle and take care of them in confinement centres, as opposed to the grandparents whose experiences are limited to the children/grandchildren they had.

Confinement Centre is the best choice for those couple who does not want to bother their parents or mother-in-law. Confinement centre is also a very good place for those who don’t have extra space for a confinement nanny to stay in with them. It is also ideal for those could not find a trusted/recommended confinement nanny in advance.

Advantages of having confinement period in confinement centre:
1) Postpartum mom who decides to stay in confinement centre will not need to source for a trusted/reliable confinement nanny and end up with problematic ones who cannot communicate with them or leave halfway through the confinement month. The postpartum mom will be taken care of by the confinement nannies inside confinement centre and any problems they have can be resolved through the management in the center;
2) The postpartum mom will be given excellent and superior care by well trained and experienced confinement nannies within the confinement centre under the supervision of management in the center;
3) The confinement centre will always open their door for you regardless of your actual delivery date, whether it is much earlier or later than your expected date. The experienced confinement nannies will always be on standby for you 24 hours a day in the confinement centre;
4) The confinement centre will provide full support and assistance to postpartum mom for instant detailed information and facts, reading supplies for preparation list or even shopping list prior your delivery;
5) In confinement centre, everything had been included inside the chosen package, hence you are able to plan and arrange your finance properly and effectively;
6) In confinement centre, postpartum mom is not required to worry about what confinement meal to prepare for every single meal, what ingredients to buy & etc. Everything will be handled professionally by the confinement centre.
7) In confinement centre, every meals are well researched and prepared with a variety of choices everyday according to the different stages of recovery after confinement;
8) In confinement centre, postpartum mom and newborns are going to be taken care of by the confinement nannies 24 hours every day.
9) In confinement centre, your requests will be attended to immediately by the confinement nannies.
10) Contact us now if you want to find out more about our center and services!

http://www.facebook.com/aixin.mummies

NikeGoddess

Hi all.. Again posting on behalf of dearest wifey...

Wife had given birth on 24th March 2013 at 8.43am at TMC thru c-sect. There was no sign at all; no water bag burst or staining.

Wife was already complaining of pain since last Thursday, and the pain became a lil unbearable yesterday early morning. We reached TMC at about 4.30am. She was dilating at 2cm, but contractions was already every 2-3 minutes. When her gynea, Dr S.F Loh, came, he told us that baby's head was still high. As was informed during last few check-up, baby was big at about 3.7kg. He gave us the choice between c-sect or normal birth. After a few minutes of discussion, both of us opted for c-sect.

It was done swiftly after we decided. Within 30 minutes, wife had safely delivered to a healthy baby boy. He weighed in at 4.225kg, 50cm tall.... We really did not expect that at all. Our gynea said we made a really wise decision to go through c-sect. Don't know whether my wife would have been able to push 4.225kg through...

Wife is currently recovering well. We had upgraded from a two bedded room to a single bedder.. It's more cos of privacy; we have lots of relatives and friends coming. Baby is also doing well so far; he's on mixed formula milk and breast feeding.

Can't wait for mummy and baby to be able to go home.

Wife had given birth on 24th March 2013 at 8.43am at TMC thru c-sect. There was no sign at all; no water bag burst or staining.

Wife was already complaining of pain since last Thursday, and the pain became a lil unbearable yesterday early morning. We reached TMC at about 4.30am. She was dilating at 2cm, but contractions was already every 2-3 minutes. When her gynea, Dr S.F Loh, came, he told us that baby's head was still high. As was informed during last few check-up, baby was big at about 3.7kg. He gave us the choice between c-sect or normal birth. After a few minutes of discussion, both of us opted for c-sect.

It was done swiftly after we decided. Within 30 minutes, wife had safely delivered to a healthy baby boy. He weighed in at 4.225kg, 50cm tall.... We really did not expect that at all. Our gynea said we made a really wise decision to go through c-sect. Don't know whether my wife would have been able to push 4.225kg through...

Wife is currently recovering well. We had upgraded from a two bedded room to a single bedder.. It's more cos of privacy; we have lots of relatives and friends coming. Baby is also doing well so far; he's on mixed formula milk and breast feeding.

Congratulations on the safe delivery!

pigletbao

Congrats to you and your wife on a successful delivery!! :))

May I know why you all opted for c-section in the end? Is your wife petite? Am a little worried about going natural too as I'm 1.56 cm tall n Gynae says baby is above average size, measuring 3.5 kg at 38 wks...

Apr gal

Hi, congrats to both if u! U made a very wise decision n oso choosing a good gynae! I was under Dr SF Loh to n I am very thankful to him too. I feel he is a pro natural Dr cos I hv been insisting to go thru c sec many times but every time turned down by him! He has good reason behind.

When he arrived during my delivery, he care to ask y I din take epi as I was in so much pain n can't take it.though I asked for it earlier on d nurses turn me down as it was too late, according to them. I suspected it was in d wee hrs n doc d went home. Dr Loh was very humble to all d nurses n told them d analgesician still around n ask her to come! After epi I felt 100% better. First thanks!

secondly when I was not able to push after bout 2 hrs of trying n thru monitoring by Dr Loh he decided to vacuum our daughter! It was fast! Within 10 mins !!!! Only to find tat she was strangled wif cord on her neck n thigh! Had it not been vacuum out n kept pushing d cord will go tighter against her!!!!

Therefore I was really thankful!! i only stayed a nite at d hospital as after morning check up by Dr Loh, he discharged me for my well progress! saved me a nite charges!!!
And finally u made another good decision for upgrading to single room. We checked in for premier room however there was no room available til 3pm, therefore I was rested in a 2bedded room which is really too cramp wif bb cot in n no privacy as well.

Hope yr wife rest well! She done a good job!

Shinymint

I have the same situation when I had my first baby. It all boils down to stimulation of breast via direct latch on. My baby gal last time refused to latch on ( throughout I only successfully latch on twice). And I tried fenugreek to up my supply but only minimal :( then my mom gave me to drink hot red date water everyday in place of plain water during my confinement, and to our surprise her friend who came visit us from HK, a certified CL said drinking red date will reduce bm supply!! But its too late cos during tat time my bm already reached low level and decided to stop, at 2.5 mths.

This time round no more red dates for me n baby boy is happily latching on ( I only did once a day now) and bm is sufficient to store at the freezer compartment now! Most impt, its no use getting upset over lack of bm, it will affect ur overall mood and become unhappy most of the time. Just take it easy :) I dont regret feeding my no. 1 w formula since third month though.

Apr gal

So wat do u drink in replace of red dates tea? N how to boost up iron or lost of blood if dun take red dates tea? Pls advise. Might give it a try for #2 next time! :)

I have the same situation when I had my first baby. It all boils down to stimulation of breast via direct latch on. My baby gal last time refused to latch on ( throughout I only successfully latch on twice). And I tried fenugreek to up my supply but only minimal :( then my mom gave me to drink hot red date water everyday in place of plain water during my confinement, and to our surprise her friend who came visit us from HK, a certified CL said drinking red date will reduce bm supply!! But its too late cos during tat time my bm already reached low level and decided to stop, at 2.5 mths.

This time round no more red dates for me n baby boy is happily latching on ( I only did once a day now) and bm is sufficient to store at the freezer compartment now! Most impt, its no use getting upset over lack of bm, it will affect ur overall mood and become unhappy most of the time. Just take it easy :) I dont regret feeding my no. 1 w formula since third month though.

Oqleong

Anyone looking for cf lady? I have a good one to intro: Aunty Mary
Very experience lady that knows all sorts of confinement food, methods to reduce jaundice in baby within short period, food to take if baby is having jaudice, etc.
She also does post natal massage and is really a full time cf lady that does not need the mummy to take care of bb during the feeds including night time.

Different food menu for everyday ...

She is really a one-stop station for everyone ...

Contact her at 82619739 or +60167421551

Oqleong

Hi All,

I am letting go 6 bottles of fermented red rice wine for $11ea cos I am not a wine eater and did not manage to finish that much after my confinement this week.
SMS me at 97688844 if you are interested

Shinymint

Apr Gal: my mum prep 炒米水 for me in place of red date drink but she say refrain from keep drinking it as scare of 水肿 (swollen) and water cannot pass out from body. Same for any fluids. As for in place of iron loss i'll check and get back to u, mostly is thru eating chicken liver and kidney with rice wine and other confinement food. Occasionally my mom will prepare longan drink in place of red date tea. No sugar added as sugar will cause confinement mom to have 'wind'. Most imptly it lies with the latching on skill of ur baby to increase bm supply :) enjoy and endure!!

Last edited:

NikeGoddess

Hi all.. Daddy here again.. Mummy n baby are safely home...

Our stay at TMC was indeed a good one.. From the housekeeping, to tea lady, to nurses n doctors.. Simply no complains... The only bad thing was when we saw the bills (haahaahaa....) All in, we had to pay around $5700 in cash.... I'm not sure la if this is considered cheap or costly.. It's been ten years since our first child.. My wife went thru c sect with epidural, n staying in a single bedder... There goes the baby bonus... Lol...

But I took it with a pinch of salt.. I waited ten years for my next child.. Really completes the family.. Me, wife, 10 yrs old daughter, n now my baby boy ( gynea Dr S.F Loh called him baby sumo cos of his 4.225kg)...

smilem

Apr gal = latching skill can improve milk supply? How? I finding ways to increase my bm supply

Apr Gal: my mum prep 炒米水 for me in place of red date drink but she say refrain from keep drinking it as scare of 水肿 (swollen) and water cannot pass out from body. Same for any fluids. As for in place of iron loss i'll check and get back to u, mostly is thru eating chicken liver and kidney with rice wine and other confinement food. Occasionally my mom will prepare longan drink in place of red date tea. No sugar added as sugar will cause confinement mom to have 'wind'. Most imptly it lies with the latching on skill of ur baby to increase bm supply :) enjoy and endure!!

Apr gal

I paid $3.9k for natural birth wif epi n 1nite stay at premier room. So I guess d price around there? Hope to meet yr bb sumo when gg back for follow up at Dr Loh's clinic. Guess I won't miss him!!!

Our stay at TMC was indeed a good one.. From the housekeeping, to tea lady, to nurses n doctors.. Simply no complains... The only bad thing was when we saw the bills (haahaahaa....) All in, we had to pay around $5700 in cash.... I'm not sure la if this is considered cheap or costly.. It's been ten years since our first child.. My wife went thru c sect with epidural, n staying in a single bedder... There goes the baby bonus... Lol...

But I took it with a pinch of salt.. I waited ten years for my next child.. Really completes the family.. Me, wife, 10 yrs old daughter, n now my baby boy ( gynea Dr S.F Loh called him baby sumo cos of his 4.225kg)...

Apr gal

Do u mind to share if u gone thru any treatment wif Dr Loh? I hv fren who can't conceive

l0r3tTa

Wow..this thread is still so happening..haven't logged in for awhile now since the March mummies fb page was up. Hee hee..

Hope everyone is doing well. :)