EDD March 2013

Hi all mommies,

Do your babies have vomitting issues? My baby always spit up some milk, sometimes quite a lot. He occasionally has projectile vomitting... I am really worried... :(

HappyTots

Hi mommies,
I share your distressful moments as well. My baby boy is 7 weeks+ old and it is sometimes hard to soothe him when he cries.
It is difficult to decipher whether he has had enough milk or not because whether he is in discomfort (stomach got wind) or he wants to sleep (keeps yawning) he does the same sucking reflex action for all.

My startegy so far is to start by
1) checking his diaper
2) try to burp him (sometimes he got air inside so cry)
3) swaddle the baby (even in this hot humid weather. This makes him feel secure. I on fan full blast or aircon)
4) rock him gently (like walking ard the house included)
5) place him on your shoulder

and if all else fails... then feed alittle bit more milk.. like top up 30 ml and see how.

I asked the doc on advise on how much to feed. Doc said base on the weight and of course appetite. for a 3kg odd baby, 120ml every 3 hour is fine.
Mine is already 4kg i think... and on 100 ml every 3 hour. But i not sure if this suffice.

Always burp after each feed! Very important so that he can sleep well.

So far still surviving... Don't give up mommies!

HappyTots

How old is your baby now? Initially my baby also vomitted. Then i burp him more.. like if i feeding him 100ml, i will burp him mid way (50ml).
So far that has worked.. no more vomitting or spitting out milk.

Hi all mommies,

Do your babies have vomitting issues? My baby always spit up some milk, sometimes quite a lot. He occasionally has projectile vomitting... I am really worried... :(

Apr gal

Can those who wish to be added to Facebook pls add me Elaine chan. Profile pix is a girl wearing black shirt wif seaside background. From there only I can add u as I failed to search yr name there.

How old is your baby now? Initially my baby also vomitted. Then i burp him more.. like if i feeding him 100ml, i will burp him mid way (50ml).
So far that has worked.. no more vomitting or spitting out milk.
My baby is 7 weeks old. I am having a hard time burping him halfway as he is a very fussy baby. Always fuss and cry if i interrupt his meal. :( everyone in the family says he is overeating but is it possible for an exclusively breastfed baby? I really dunno how to deal wit him...

LiyanaHuang

hi sunnykitty, my sister baby is colic and it sounds like urs might be too. dont worry, they will grow out of it... and colic can be anytime of the day, my baby is colic in the afternoons.. super cranky. beyond words. I turn on my vacuum or hair dryer to stop them from crying and also when they r overtired when they cant sleep. But after all the wastage of electricity, i found an app that does white noise. It worked like a charm, of course there will be times it may not even work. But guaranteed work most of the time!

My baby is 7 weeks old. I am having a hard time burping him halfway as he is a very fussy baby. Always fuss and cry if i interrupt his meal. :( everyone in the family says he is overeating but is it possible for an exclusively breastfed baby? I really dunno how to deal wit him...
Don't worry, breastfeed baby does not overeat. They know exactly when to stop. He may be angry that you interrupted the meal that he enjoys. Haha. Follow your intuition. Try talk to your baby and see his cue. Why not join my Free Massage classes(total 5 sessions) this Friday? Learn to calm yourself and your baby. I got 1 slot left.

Hi all.. Daddy here again.. Mummy n baby are safely home...

Our stay at TMC was indeed a good one.. From the housekeeping, to tea lady, to nurses n doctors.. Simply no complains... The only bad thing was when we saw the bills (haahaahaa....) All in, we had to pay around $5700 in cash.... I'm not sure la if this is considered cheap or costly.. It's been ten years since our first child.. My wife went thru c sect with epidural, n staying in a single bedder... There goes the baby bonus... Lol...

But I took it with a pinch of salt.. I waited ten years for my next child.. Really completes the family.. Me, wife, 10 yrs old daughter, n now my baby boy ( gynea Dr S.F Loh called him baby sumo cos of his 4.225kg)...
Congratulations Daddy! You have a very good size baby. Easier to take care. Ya, medical bill for ceasarean birth is really costly plus good service too. Haha. Nevertheless, your family enjoy the whole experience ya. Will you be keen to learn baby bonding through touch? Infant massage classes that I teach is the HypnoBirthing method whereby it gives mom and baby chance to release birth issues, reduces stress and anxiety, hence reduces bodily discomfort. It's a good 5 sessions to communicate effectively with your baby. You can text me at 98637867 for a private session.

HappyTots

My baby is 7 weeks old. I am having a hard time burping him halfway as he is a very fussy baby. Always fuss and cry if i interrupt his meal. :( everyone in the family says he is overeating but is it possible for an exclusively breastfed baby? I really dont know how to deal wit him...
Mu Bubz is also 7 weeks too (pre-term baby though).

Mine also sometimes fusses if i interupt his feeds.

Hmm if your exclusively breastfeeding baby then chances is overfeeding is slim because... breastmilk is much easier digestible than formula milk. (hence feeding abit more do no harm...as long as he looks satisfied).
My family members also keeps saying he is overfed.. but doc say is oke.

Let's think positivie. If baby is overfed (touchwood) when he is bigger let's make sure he don't eat unhealthy snacks and exercise more.
Baby only source of food is milk... milk is much healthier than maggie mee or potato chips.

Hi happytots, my baby is a little greedy he sometimes dunno how to stop. Also sometimes he likes to sleep while nursing. Now i try to pull off my breast every now and then so he will not keep sucking. I also realize i din burp him long enuf previously.

Now he seems to be doing better....

hi all,
will jaundice decrease and increase again?
Normally, it should decrease. if you breastfeed, it will also depend on what you eat. Jaundice is when there is too much toxin for the little liver to handle. Skin is the largest eliminating organ outside of the body so the toxin is excreted through the skin. Try to monitor what you eat. Best consult your doctor.

HappyTots

Hi happytots, my baby is a little greedy he sometimes dont know how to stop. Also sometimes he likes to sleep while nursing. Now i try to pull off my breast every now and then so he will not keep sucking. I also realize i did not burp him long enuf previously.

Now he seems to be doing better....
Glad that ur bubz is doing better! going to paediatrician this thurs.
Got so much to ask..
My bubz umbillical cord protudes everytime he cries.
My bubz has cradle cap, but clearing up well.
The tip of his penis is alittle red.
Ahhhh.. just hope bubz can get some solution. Feel sad when he looks so uncomfortable.