EDD March 2013

NeyMO

At baby fair now. A relative small bb fair compared to last oct one.

Got Avent promo, babies bellies promo, huggies promo and a lot of bb cloths/blankets/shoes/towels booths. Cord life also having a booth here.

Cagnes, are u the mummy who asking about the nursing bra? I got my nursing bra without wired one in one of the booths and it costs 3 for $30. Quite comfortable with cotton material.

MsSaggi

Looks like my lil' girl is the biggest among all so far. Hehe!
Went for my 32 weeks checkup last Wednesday & guess what ? Her weight is already 2.4kg.
Well I really hope she slows down. & according to my gynae, I will have to eat less too.. Hee!

Hi all!! Glad to hear that all the mummies are so excited for their babies. i just visited the doctor and i am at 30 weeks now and paid the deposit for the room $1500. i have a few questions..

1. What is a good stroller to buy?
2. And did any of you sign up for Cordlife?
3. When will you pack your hospital bag?

Ryca

Hi all!! Glad to hear that all the mummies are so excited for their babies. i just visited the doctor and i am at 30 weeks now and paid the deposit for the room $1500. i have a few questions..

hi susannanation,

It depends on what u need. I bought Aprica stroller cos its very light and can jus open and close it with one hand, the lightest weight is 3.6kg, 4.6kg, etc etc. Got it cos my hubby is not always in town and i definitely need a lighter stroller whn im alone with the baby! The only thing about aprica stroller is the low seating, which means ur baby will not get to see whats on the table whn u bring him/her out to eat. Other than that im happy with the buy :)

I jus signed up for Cordlife in expo ytd.

I think u should start packing ur hospital bag 2weeks before ur edd :)

cagnes

Neymo, not me lei, I gotten mine alrdy.. But seems like its a good deal u gotten, may head down tmr to get it too..

cagnes

I just started to slowly pack my hospital bag , just in case anything I can grab and go without panicking..
Hehe like a bit kiasu..

l0r3tTa

susannanation:749822 said:

Hi Susannation,

In my opinion, stroller would be very much depending on your needs. For me, I prefer a carrier.
I didn't sign up for cordlife this round since we did it with stemcord with our first baby.

My gynae already advised me to get my hospital bag ready. I'm approaching 34weeks now.

:)

smilem

But I was td by the ger = the friend u mentioned got the shopping voucher. If we bought at the fair u get $100 capital shppg voucher + Braun thermometer.
I was contemplating about it too at first lol...but in the end hubby said its better we get it rather than we regret later, if u plan to hv more than one kid, they can benefit each other as well.. if u know anybody who signed up for it already, u can refer them and both of u get 50dollar voucher (luckily i asked her!)

And according to her, ppl hv actually used it for leukemia and other complications before.

Ryca

But I was td by the ger = the friend u mentioned got the shopping voucher. If we bought at the fair u get $100 capital shppg voucher + Braun thermometer.
they hv 4 payment mode, if u choose to pay up to 10yrs and above u get the 100 dollar voucher and thermometer, if u take second one u will only get 50 dollar voucher, and the lowest one u dun get anything at all. u still thinking about it? hehe

Vodka

Hi Vodka,
The shoot with NextStudio was at $200 only. We get all pictures taken in soft copy in high resolution. Its indoor shoot,they having promotion now, 10% discount for weekdays shooting.
They were very compelling to my request.hee.. I did family,toddler and maternity shots.
You may want to check out their profile on Facebook,just search nextstudio,see if u like the kind of photos that they take.
I would say its value for money.

Thanks ladies!! Very good information, certainly!! I would go check out Next Studio's website now!!

l0r3tTa

I went to the fair today. Yes pretty small fair,the Avent bottles are pretty cheap though.
Signed up w babies bellies, only got diapers, $10 babies bellies voucher,and some dumex keychain. Haha..
Anyone tried pre natal massage? Is it really relaxing and helps to relieve all the back aches?

I also gotten the nursing bras which cost 3 for $30. The designs sure do make me feel like a teenager. Hahahaha.

Ryca

I went to the fair today. Yes pretty small fair,the Avent bottles are pretty cheap though.
Signed up w babies bellies, only got diapers, $10 babies bellies voucher,and some dumex keychain. Haha..
Anyone tried pre natal massage? Is it really relaxing and helps to relieve all the back aches?

I also gotten the nursing bras which cost 3 for $30. The designs sure do make me feel like a teenager. Hahahaha.
Haha at least u got a keychain which v dun hv...is it better to get the the nursing bra without the wire?? and should i stick to my current size or one size bigger? I went for their pre natal massage.. not so much relieve on the back but the leg and shoulder massage was quite good..

l0r3tTa

Ryca:750100 said:

Haha at least u got a keychain which v dun hv...is it better to get the the nursing bra without the wire?? and should i stick to my current size or one size bigger? I went for their pre natal massage.. not so much relieve on the back but the leg and shoulder massage was quite good..
Hello Ryca,
They say without the wire is better. The lady was sharing with me that it might be uncomfortable. I still got 1 piece with the wire though. Hee..at least if we go out, the breasts won't look saggy huh.. hahaha

mamasesame

Hello Ryca,
They say without the wire is better. The lady was sharing with me that it might be uncomfortable. I still got 1 piece with the wire though. Hee..at least if we go out, the breasts won't look saggy huh.. hahaha

yeah i was told by the lady at the lingerie shop that without wire is better for breastfeeding ... and also read somewhere to buy it not more than one month before EDD. my boobs at 2nd trimester grew a lot, now shrunk again. so worried that i can't produce.. :(

went to check out baby bellies at the fair.. realised that we will still need to top up the transportation costs on top of the package cost. still considering. looking forward to the fair in february.

nyukmooy

its not the baby jabbing you feeling. its like a sharp pain shooting down your cervix feeling. but anw, i checked with gynae today and she said "normal lah" haha. so all's good. :)

baby is at 2.5kg at 33weeks! its on the heavy side. *worried* gynae said baby has turned around.

hubby will be helping me take photos.

post-natal massage 7 sessions at $380 with a mdm maria. any reviews on her??
Hi Mummysesame,

Yes, you are right...like jabbing feeling...feel a hard things when i walk. My private place (cervix) feel a bit pain. Congrats!! Your baby hits 2.5kg. My gynae was not able to let me know the weight of my baby because the machine only can measure the size of the baby.

I just knew that my baby head size is above than normal size. I'm a bit worry during labour. Right now, I'm doing post-natal massage survey also. Any mummy has any recommendation on post-natal massage with reasonable price?? (beside Ms Khatijah)

nyukmooy

yeah i was told by the lady at the lingerie shop that without wire is better for breastfeeding ... and also read somewhere to buy it not more than one month before EDD. my boobs at 2nd trimester grew a lot, now shrunk again. so worried that i can't produce.. :(

went to check out baby bellies at the fair.. realised that we will still need to top up the transportation costs on top of the package cost. still considering. looking forward to the fair in february.
Hi mamasesame
Yesterday, I just went to Mothercare at Marina Square. They have some discount on nursing bra (50% discount). You can take a look. I bought add 2 more night dress because they having 30%-50% discount for selected night dresses. If you free, you can go there to take a look.

nyukmooy

I just started to slowly pack my hospital bag , just in case anything I can grab and go without panicking..
Hehe like a bit kiasu..
Hi Cagnes
If you free, good to pack your hospital bag early. My gynae has gave me the letter for admitting to hospital. He told me the 3 signs if i got it, he asked me go to hospital directly. The hospital will contact him directly. The three signs included water bag broken, bloody show like period, and the contraction is last every 10 min for 1 hr.

nyukmooy

check this out mummies...

Bigger baby bonus for us!! weeee....

$6000 for 1st and 2nd child born after Aug 26 2012. Previously was $4000
$8000 for 3rd and 4th child.. previously was $6000.

Bigger baby bonus and Medisave grants under marriage and parenthood measures
Hi Ior3tTa
Thank you for the information. Althought is S$6k, but not enought to last till primary education. Based on my friend's feedback, if we put our kids to play group class, and K1&K2. These 3 yrs will make you spend all the bonus amount(S$6k bonus +S$6k top up your own). Education fee is not cheap!!