EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Meilynn

Oh I c, thanks. I will check it out... Actually my cousin said she can pass me hers but I am concern abt hygine issue... Not sure shld I take over or get new one...
My col passed me her medela electric double pump too. if no sales cost ard 1 k plus. I got new accessories ie tubing, vales so hygiene shd be ok n def cheaper. Though such accessories already ard $200 plus. everything is exp le.

I got some storage bottles but my frens all tell me to buy breast milk storage milk cos save more space.

Tannie

My col passed me her medela electric double pump too. if no sales cost ard 1 k plus. I got new accessories ie tubing, vales so hygiene shd be ok n def cheaper. Though such accessories already ard $200 plus. everything is exp le.

I got some storage bottles but my frens all tell me to buy breast milk storage milk cos save more space.
But my cousin's pump is Avent brand n I dun think they sell the accessories...

Gracecwz

Climsp, I know what u mean by requiring to eat more now... No matter how much I eat at dinner, I'm still hungry by bedtime. And I tot since I put on a decent Amt of weight so far, I can eat less and baby can draw from my reserves...:p

Apparently I'm wrong...

Gemini11

Climsp, I know what u mean by requiring to eat more now... No matter how much I eat at dinner, I'm still hungry by bedtime. And I tot since I put on a decent Amt of weight so far, I can eat less and baby can draw from my reserves...:p

Apparently I'm wrong...
Ya I always have to eat before bedtime too. Else can't zzzz
Can't b bothered w my weight now cux I'm constantly hungry

Isetan also got promo... i bought it on last saturday. If you are Isetan card holder, will get 10% rebate on vouchers. The package also cost $289 medela swing and free themoquick (thermometer which can just scan, it cost about $79.90). Please the rebate voucher for each $50 spend, so u will get $25 vouchers... not sure whether this is still on..

Yes on till Sunday. 289 with 3 storage bottles and leg warmers... While stocks last. I only saw 2 more left. Dunno if they have more stocks.

Sometimes I will feel hungry even I have eaten before i go to bed.. so very common for me to wake up in the middle of the night to drink milk and go to sleep again..

Ya I always have to eat before bedtime too. Else can't zzzz
Can't b bothered w my weight now cux I'm constantly hungry

Gemini11

Sometimes I will feel hungry even I have eaten before i go to bed.. so very common for me to wake up in the middle of the night to drink milk and go to sleep again..
Haha same, sometimes I can eat brush teeth only to realise I hungry again n eat brush teeth again n eat brush teeth again... Repeat many times. Then finally fell asleep. Then morning 6am wake up eat brush teeth n zzz again. Very troublesome

cupcakemum

Bottles for now cos I'm producing about 30ml each time I pump. This is 5th day after delivery so not much milk yet, will be wasted to use the bag.

At the moment nothing to store cos I feed her once I express.

I also bought swing.... do you store the expressed milk in bag or bottles? Is your freezer enough to store them?

Meilynn

But my cousin's pump is Avent brand n I dun think they sell the accessories...
Else u can short list the pump u keen in. After delivery during confinement if there is a need to buy then get ur hubby or family to buy. Some of my frens babies latched on smoothly n hv regular feed so they are lucky as in no need to express the milk out. However, if u plan to breastfeed for long period, worthwhile investing in the pump.

Oh, you feed her with the bottle with teats?
Do you sterilizer all the pumps and bottles?... in a sterilizer?
Why not directly let her latch on and pump the excess.. I heard this way will increase the supply of BM...

Bottles for now cos I'm producing about 30ml each time I pump. This is 5th day after delivery so not much milk yet, will be wasted to use the bag.

cupcakemum

Sigh... It's my wish to BF her directly but my little one doesn't want to swallow my milk even if it is dripping out and onto her face! She frowns and turns her head left and right...like not interested. Sometimes she will suckle a few times then fall asleep despite trying to wake her by removing clothes or tickling her.... Sigh.... So I have to express if not might get engorgement

Yes I use a steamer to sterilize

Oh, you feed her with the bottle with teats?
Do you sterilizer all the pumps and bottles?... in a sterilizer?
Why not directly let her latch on and pump the excess.. I heard this way will increase the supply of BM...

miracle25

Is there a van service??
it depends on where they park ur car.. if its at the open carpark nearby (out of the hospital), then u have the pay the fees at the counter after the staircase at the waiting area.. and wait for them to call ur vehicle no. and inform u to get into the mini-van and they will drive you over to retrieve your car..

if they park ur car below the hospital, jus wait for ur vehicle no. to show on the screen and wait for the car to come up from the basement..

Hi cupcakemum! Congrats!

Wonder what formula milk is supplemented to your little one during your hospital stay?

Do you think it is necessary to buy a tin of formula milk to "stand-by" at home in case we don't have enough milk?

Thanks!

cupcakemum

The nurse asked what I wanted at the hospital. As first time mum, I had no idea what's good. So I followed their suggestion n went for similac.

After we knew she was accepting it, my hubby went to buy a small tin of similac. We didn't standby one at home cos not sure what to get n she came earlier than expected.

It'll be good to standby a small tin at home just in case la. Cos during first few days after delivery, your milk supply might not be sufficient. So u can give baby half BM, half formula. That's what I'm doing now ;)

Hi cupcakemum! Congrats!

Wonder what formula milk is supplemented to your little one during your hospital stay?

Do you think it is necessary to buy a tin of formula milk to "stand-by" at home in case we don't have enough milk?

Thanks!

Gracecwz

Haha same, sometimes I can eat brush teeth only to realise I hungry again n eat brush teeth again n eat brush teeth again... Repeat many times. Then finally fell asleep. Then morning 6am wake up eat brush teeth n zzz again. Very troublesome
Yah lor yah lor.... So mafan

Tannie

Oh I am not alone, my appetite had increase recently... not that I m hungry bt I always feel like eating n tummy dun feel full....

My gynae said by 3rd trimester appetite shld decrease due to baby's position ... bt doesn't apply to me... its even btr thn in 2nd trimester...