EDD May 2012 Mummies!

miracle25

For those who have delivered - how many of you are still having lochia bleeding and if cleared how long did it take to clear?

My bleeding is brownish and some days just spotting but on one or 2 days it gets heavy and I'm not sure why. So just wondering if anyone has something similar. Mine isn't fresh/bright red blood - more like uhmmm say 3rd day of period that kind - dark brown/red.
its my 3rd wk aft delivery & mine is also dark brown/ red.. stopped d pain killer & no more pain liao. Hopefully by next wk stop d bleeding..

Tataro

Hi selineleow n tannie, our edd are the same n our gynae will away during our edd, arghhhh

Induce or wait , I am lost...

Meilynn

For those who have delivered - how many of you are still having lochia bleeding and if cleared how long did it take to clear?

My bleeding is brownish and some days just spotting but on one or 2 days it gets heavy and I'm not sure why. So just wondering if anyone has something similar. Mine isn't fresh/bright red blood - more like uhmmm say 3rd day of period that kind - dark brown/red.
My is c sect so maybe diff from those natural delivery. I asked my gynae n he told me the flow period will be 4 to 6 weeks. When I heard this, I nearly faint le so asked him if I heard wrongly n answe is no. What he did mentioned us tt for those c sect, flow not as heavy as those via natural delivery.

Meilynn

Dear miracle25

Reading ur post tells me tt ur unhappiness wif ur mil is cumulative. Thus, coupled wif the recent 'baby snatching' incident, ur tolerance is to the max n u no longer wants to tolerate further.

Now, for the Bb shower, understand tt u want to host n welcome ur guests but unless u want to tell her straight in the face (which is a big No no) that u prefer her not to join, u may hv to compromise n have her ard. No matter what decision u made, muz think of ur hubby. He is caught btw his mum n u. Not worthwhile if u tarnish the relationship wif ur hubby over ur mil.

At times, we cannot be so 'forceful' in our ways. Marriage is alot of compromises n putting ourselves in each party's shoes. this a way, couple can go a long way. Wif a child now, there wil def be conflicts re child upbringing so all the more husband n wife needs to communicate n understand each others point of view.

For the bag of clothes, since u hv already asked yr hubby twice n he's obviously not giving u a clear answer, there is no need to make things difficult for him. Also no need for u to give ur back to yr mil. Juz throw them away. when ur hubby next ask u re this bag (provided if he ever Realised it is missing), u can casually mentioned tt u hv thrown it away. Be as casual as possible. No need bring in ur emotions over such trivial matter. At times we woman muz be smart to know when to give in, when to persevere ;)

Above my 2 cents worth. Always rem the reason y u married ur hubby. Thus, any decision u made, muz consider his feelings too. This a way, u can build ur marriage further. Best of luck k.

I tink u gals hav mistaken me.. my prob is I dun wan my in laws to come to help us host MY guests at my hse.. its MY guest not theirs, & the thought of my mil stepping in my hse, I'll b even
busier to keep a look out for her in case she do anyting. I'm not accusing her here. Tis was wat happened 1 yr ago during my wedding.

hubby side went to an chuang & bride cant go. they got alot of their relatives to go our hse on tat day & wif a boy rolling on our bed. our wedding was on Sun & an chuang on Sat, tat time mil said she'll stay over on Sat nite so tat she can b at our hse to receive us on our wedding day. I didnt tink so much & didnt knw when hubby gav our keys to them. aft we chk out d hotel on Mon, we went home & I saw she left a bag of her clothes, bra & hp charger at my hse. I asked hubby why & when we r returning, he kept quiet. Then we went for honeymoon on Tues.

Months past & I was looking for someting in d room & saw tat bag again.. again I ask hubby same questions, he replied saying its not taking up space wat & shifted to another place!! I jus dun understand why she didnt take back her stuff aft our wedding? wats her intention? is it a spell? I keep having tis tinking.. & why hubby is siding his mum on tis? I am also d owner of d hse, shldnt I hav a say too?

now if I allow them to come & help us host MY guests, I'll take d chance to return them to her. hopefully she LL take back since I return them directly to her face & get wat I mean. Frens keep telling me dun return if its realy not in a way but d thought of her personal stuff in my hse jus make me even angrier.

alotmore

From months, to weeks, to days n now I'm counting down the hours to be admitted tonight at 9pm For induction. Scared, nervous, excited....
I am having all feelings n emotions known to mankind now..
Wish me luck ladies ... =))

hi sweetoothz, jiayou jia you!!!

milkshake

Rukia, miracle, meilynn

Thanks for yr feedback. I was getting a bit worried cos I was only spotting 2 days ago and suddenly last night I saw my pad a bit soaked after pumping/feeding. I just breastfeed my baby a while ago and same thing as well. Discharge is dark brownish red.

I also read online that (like what some said) this can go on for weeks and stop before your real period comes back. Funny thing is some people don't even know what is real period cos they also think its still lochia bleeding :p

I also read so long as your pad isn't soaked every hour which requires you to change and have some smell I think it's safe to say its normal lochia bleeding as oppose to post natal hemorrhage.

Tannie

Tataro:649888 said:
Hi selineleow n tannie, our edd are the same n our gynae will away during our edd, arghhhh

Induce or wait , I am lost...
Yap, most prob they r goin to the same conference ... my gynea did not propose induce, otherwise I will... I don't like to wait...

Smurfete

I am also in my 3rd week after delivery and the blood flow seems to be stopping since end of week 2 (but occasionally, still got heavier). Gynae said will stop in 1 month time. BTW, how long did u eat the pain killer? The pain killer for uterus contraction, right?

its my 3rd wk aft delivery & mine is also dark brown/ red.. stopped d pain killer & no more pain liao. Hopefully by next wk stop d bleeding..

miracle25

I am also in my 3rd week after delivery and the blood flow seems to be stopping since end of week 2 (but occasionally, still got heavier). Gynae said will stop in 1 month time. BTW, how long did u eat the pain killer? The pain killer for uterus contraction, right?

the painkiller is for d stitches..

miracle25

hi Meilynn,

it'll b a bigger risk if I throw tat bag of clothes away.. its a definite no no.. I'd rather giv it back to mil directly & say in a nice way is it she has forgotten to take back.

I knw we as wife has to see ourselves in their shoes but my hubby is rather insensitive towards my feelings.. he fun like me to cry over such issues but I jus cant help it. why shld d wife always b d one to compromise & not d guy? my case is clearly shown tat his mum is d cause why cant he giv in to me? ultimately I'm d one living wif him for tis lifetime not his mum.

I tink given d choice to let mil come & help host or return d clothes, I'd choose to return d clothes. as I wont see d clothes anymore in my hse & tat she'll only b at my hse tat few hrs hosting.

climsp

Yap, most prob they r goin to the same conference ... my gynea did not propose induce, otherwise I will... I don't like to wait...
Hi 5! If my gynea propose induce I will go for it also!!

Hubby keeps tell my boy to come out, say he is overdue to the date n time we give him, hahaa. Just wake up. My back is super pain, wonder is it a sign to go labour soon...hahahahhaa.

Tataro

i don't mind to wait actually :)

did you gynae mention that he will assign another gynae for you when he is away?

Yap, most prob they r goin to the same conference ... my gynea did not propose induce, otherwise I will... I dont't like to wait...

Tataro

haha, same, i keep talk to my girl ask her to come out today or tmr, so no need to induce, i told her will bring her to disneyland next time, wahahahah

these few days my body start to get swollen, especially my legs and my hands, dunno is this a sign of labor soon, face also more pimples, so ugly now

Hi 5! If my gynea propose induce I will go for it also!!

Hubby keeps tell my boy to come out, say he is overdue to the date n time we give him, hahaa. Just wake up. My back is super pain, wonder is it a sign to go labour soon...hahahahhaa.

climsp

hi Meilynn,

it'll b a bigger risk if I throw tat bag of clothes away.. its a definite no no.. I'd rather giv it back to mil directly & say in a nice way is it she has forgotten to take back.

I knw we as wife has to see ourselves in their shoes but my hubby is rather insensitive towards my feelings.. he fun like me to cry over such issues but I jus cant help it. why shld d wife always b d one to compromise & not d guy? my case is clearly shown tat his mum is d cause why cant he giv in to me? ultimately I'm d one living wif him for tis lifetime not his mum.

I tink given d choice to let mil come & help host or return d clothes, I'd choose to return d clothes. as I wont see d clothes anymore in my hse & tat she'll only b at my hse tat few hrs hosting.
Dun throw the clothes, return the clothes after the baby shower when u bring baby over to visit her. Pack the clothes in other bag, n bring back to her w/o hubby knowing it. Sometime just have to play smart w/o hubby been inbtw.

If MIL ask why bring back, just say u thou she forgot as it is there for a long time le, u also keeps forgot to take back for her. Act as u r helping her to bring back, not return.

climsp

haha, same, i keep talk to my girl ask her to come out today or tmr, so no need to induce, i told her will bring her to disneyland next time, wahahahah

these few days my body start to get swollen, especially my legs and my hands, dunno is this a sign of labor soon, face also more pimples, so ugly now
Me onli legs swollen. No contraction or B.H also. But VJJ n pelvis is pain whenever baby move. Now the movement seem super slow n lazy, but is painful .

RedDevil

Just went for check up. Cervix already dilate. Will go back on mon again which is my edd then gynae will decide to induce bb on that day. I told my gynae wow Lao, what baby wants now. Make me feel uncomfortable with the cramp and contraction and still dont want to come out. He laugh. He asked me keep walking these few days. I lost 1 kg too and he say is
Normal at this stage.

Tataro

i got a bit pain at my lower tummy, on and off. but dunno is it the contraction, my breats also getting bigger

Me onli legs swollen. No contraction or B.H also. But VJJ n pelvis is pain whenever baby move. Now the movement seem super slow n lazy, but is painful .

Tataro

wow, reddevil, few more days to go, JIA YOU. how many cm have u dilated?

i am still thinking wanna induce tmr or on sat.

Just went for check up. Cervix already dilate. Will go back on mon again which is my edd then gynae will decide to induce bb on that day. I told my gynae wow Lao, what baby wants now. Make me feel uncomfortable with the cramp and contraction and still dont want to come out. He laugh. He asked me keep walking these few days. I lost 1 kg too and he say is
Normal at this stage.