EDD May 2012 Mummies!

cupcakemum

Hi suhaidah and all other mummies.... I'm more than happy to share my experience with u :) I hope it helps.

2.15am: Woke up as I could feel my panty really wet. Bed wet too, so quickly go to the loo to check. Turned out that whole panty n liner was soaked. Liner had a thin line of fresh blood. As I stood, water continue to flow down my legs and form a puddle on floor. Quickly shouted for hubby and shake him!! Pain: 0/10

3am: Reach TMC and nurse do vaginal examination. She confirm bag broke and my contractions started. Tight sensation on stomach, slight discomfort but no pain. Clear bowels....wait wait.... Pain: 2/10

6am: Pushed to labour room. By then, contractions getting more painful n regular, have to 'tahan' the pain.... Wait.... Pain: 4/10

8am: Pain got soooo intense. Hubby said my lips all pale n I was really curling up in a ball from the pain. Pain whole stomach and near groin. Gynae check on me and said good contractions but the level of pain was only the start!!! That's when I ask for epi n laughing gas cos I just couldn't bear with it. Pain 8/10

8.30am: Numbness starts to take effect. By 8.30-8.45, legs down all numb, can't feel sensation. Manage to take a nap with hubby beside me.... Pain: 1/10

12.45pm: Gynae n nurse say I'm ready to deliver!!! Push.....push..... Baby pops out at 1pm sharp! No labour pain at all, didn't feel anything even during stitches.

1pm: Cradle my NB in my arms with tears rolling down my cheeks. It's was a moving experience when I held my precious one for the first time......

Waaaah! Im so jealous. I wanna give birth soon too!! How does it feel to have your lil bundle of joy in your arms now??
Oh, and how did ur water bag burst.. when you ahve the time, do give us a detailed write up of your delivery story.. think will help us all expecting moms ALOT!

Anyways, congratulations! i totally cant wait for mine!!! :D

cupcakemum

Hmmmm I asked myself too, but don't quite know if it was a sign.

My legs, feet and ankles became very swollen about 2 days before. Like elephant.

I couldn't walk normally and fast pace like what I was usually capable of. Just felt very heavy,and legs couldn't hold.

But I didn't feel tired or fatigue before that... So I'm not really sure too!

Did you have any symptoms prior to your water bag bursting that shows labour is nearing?

cupcakemum

Last tue during my checkup, doc said baby weigh 2.97kg. But when was born on Sat, only 2.81kg. So it's not very accurate

Congratulations! BTW, is the weight estimation given by gynae accurate? My edd is 2nd May, he is still rather small in size so I am a bit worried. One more question, when do you start feeling labor signs that your princess is arriving? I think I need some mental preparations....

miracle25

Hi suhaidah and all other mummies.... I'm more than happy to share my experience with u :) I hope it helps.

2.15am: Woke up as I could feel my panty really wet. Bed wet too, so quickly go to the loo to check. Turned out that whole panty n liner was soaked. Liner had a thin line of fresh blood. As I stood, water continue to flow down my legs and form a puddle on floor. Quickly shouted for hubby and shake him!! Pain: 0/10

3am: Reach TMC and nurse do vaginal examination. She confirm bag broke and my contractions started. Tight sensation on stomach, slight discomfort but no pain. Clear bowels....wait wait.... Pain: 2/10

6am: Pushed to labour room. By then, contractions getting more painful n regular, have to 'tahan' the pain.... Wait.... Pain: 4/10

8am: Pain got soooo intense. Hubby said my lips all pale n I was really curling up in a ball from the pain. Pain whole stomach and near groin. Gynae check on me and said good contractions but the level of pain was only the start!!! That's when I ask for epi n laughing gas cos I just couldn't bear with it. Pain 8/10

8.30am: Numbness starts to take effect. By 8.30-8.45, legs down all numb, can't feel sensation. Manage to take a nap with hubby beside me.... Pain: 1/10

12.45pm: Gynae n nurse say I'm ready to deliver!!! Push.....push..... Baby pops out at 1pm sharp! No labour pain at all, didn't feel anything even during stitches.

1pm: Cradle my NB in my arms with tears rolling down my cheeks. It's was a moving experience when I held my precious one for the first time......
did u shower before u head to the hospital? we just have to go to the admission counter and tell them our waterbag burst? you didnt feel the labour pain isit due to the effects of epi? I can visualise the moment you weep, with ur baby in ur arms after having the baby in ur tummy for 8-9 months.. I think I will too and will cry from the moment I experience the contractions.. :)

Suhaidah

Wow, thanks alot! Make me feel so emotional.. Gosh,even though the pain is gonna be there.. i real;;y cant wwait to feel all that and finally hold my lil bundle of joy in my arms. :) Thank you for sharing cupcakemum!

Rukia

Congrats Cupcakemum! I cant wait to see and hold my little girl in my arms too. At the same time, anxious and worried how the process will be. Especially getting to the hospital part.

esoterice

cupcakemum, wow congrats!

Did you latch baby on straight away after baby is out?
So meaning like the nurse will help you to take off the top and lay baby on you issit?

Tannie

I want to knw how many pads did u use for the 3days... not sure how much to pack... did u wear dress type pajamas or pants type? Did u wear the nursing bra in hospital?

I just worry whether it would get worse especially during delivery time when we push...:p worry will have more piles come out.. Are you planning for natural delivery?

Me...but I had that before pregnant... But worsen When pregnant due to constipation. Now I have fruits after lunch n dinner, drink prune juice before dinner... So far so good.

Rukia

I want to knw how many pads did u use for the 3days... not sure how much to pack... did u wear dress type pajamas or pants type? Did u wear the nursing bra in hospital?
I heard that its better to wear dress type pyjamas. Cos the doc will have to check on your stitches. If you wear pants type, its quite troublesome.

Tataro

Congratulation cupcakemum!! I am just curious was the epidural injection pain? My friend told be the epi even more painful than the labour

Rzena

yah... i've packed in 2 sarongs along with front-open tops. Think will be easier and more comfortable both for breastfeeding and if doc need to check anything...

I heard that its better to wear dress type pyjamas. Cos the doc will have to check on your stitches. If you wear pants type, its quite troublesome.

Tannie

clearbluesky:641923 said:
I just worry whether it would get worse especially during delivery time when we push...:p worry will have more piles come out.. Are you planning for natural delivery?

Me...but I had that before pregnant... But worsen When pregnant due to constipation. Now I have fruits after lunch n dinner, drink prune juice before dinner... So far so good.
Yes, I think it will worsen after birth... n gynae said tht most ladies will have constipation after birth cause worry abt the stitches...

cupcakemum

No I didn't have the time or heart to take a full shower. I just did a quick spray down with water over my body, no soap. Afraid that water level would get low so I wanted to rush to hospital ASAP. Thank goodness my hospital bag all ready!!

I didn't go to admission counter cos the counter staff kinda guess I'm gg to deliver. So she directed me to the delivery area straight away. Then my hubby stay at counter to settle paperwork.

Yes its the epi that caused no labour pain. Just listen to the doc. He will tell u when to take deep breath n push

did u shower before u head to the hospital? we just have to go to the admission counter and tell them our waterbag burst? you didnt feel the labour pain isit due to the effects of epi? I can visualise the moment you weep, with ur baby in ur arms after having the baby in ur tummy for 8-9 months.. I think I will too and will cry from the moment I experience the contractions.. :)

cupcakemum

I dunno about labour pain cos I was already numb when giving birth. But as compared to the contraction pain, the epi was really nothing. The jab was slightly painful but bearable kind. And the epi procedure v fast also

Congratulation cupcakemum!! I am just curious was the epidural injection pain? My friend told be the epi even more painful than the labour

cupcakemum

Yup youre right! Use front opening dress. Nurse will need to change your pad n wash your wound after u deliver for first day. She will do this while u r lying on bed. So dress better than pants.

Re pads....... I. Think change once or twice in a day. Cos they're really thick n absorbent.

Hi, Do you fully breastfeed your baby? Did you bring along the breast pump to hospital or experience any engorgement in hospital?

I dunno about labour pain cos I was already numb when giving birth. But as compared to the contraction pain, the epi was really nothing. The jab was slightly painful but bearable kind. And the epi procedure v fast also

Rukia

Yes, I think it will worsen after birth... n gynae said tht most ladies will have constipation after birth cause worry abt the stitches...

Can we use those liquid the nurses used on us before delivery for clearing our bowels? I was thinking if using it for maybe the first few days until the stitches are better.

cupcakemum

I read online the skin to skin contact immediately after birth is v beneficial for baby.... But that didn't happen for me. The doc or nurse Just placed her in my arms for about 2 min, while I'm still clothed, then took her away to put in that warmer basin while doc stitched me.

I only did BF after a few hrs after delivery.

cupcakemum, wow congrats!

Did you latch baby on straight away after baby is out?
So meaning like the nurse will help you to take off the top and lay baby on you issit?