EDD May 2012 Mummies!

milkshake

Hmm my Gynae never ask me to stop fish oils. Ask me to continue that with obimin n frolic acid. Only stop my aspirin.

Also during my check today the doc say the cord was on/around the baby's neck. He didn't seem worried and said it was a 'coincidence'. Precious visits were fine tho. So I'm wondering if still around neck does that mean I have to do Caesarian?

Suhaidah

Hi ladies.. I went for my routine appt with the gynae today. Im 38 weeks as of now.. My hubby told dr that 2 day back baby's movement reduced alot so dr got super worried.. ordered me to go gleneagles and do a ctg monitoring asap. Went for ctg monitoring and movement is all fine, baby very active.. If it hadn't been active, dr wld have induced today itself. Though im happy that baby is active and all, i so wish i cld be induced today... just feel super tired and frustrated that im not getting any sleep and uncomfortable all the time. Dr said prob will induce next week if all is okay la.. Baby is 3.2kg already so im also afraid if go upto EDD, may become too big and end up gg for C-section!

Tannie

Hi ladies.. I went for my routine appt with the gynae today. Im 38 weeks as of now.. My hubby told dr that 2 day back baby's movement reduced alot so dr got super worried.. ordered me to go gleneagles and do a ctg monitoring asap. Went for ctg monitoring and movement is all fine, baby very active.. If it hadn't been active, dr wld have induced today itself. Though im happy that baby is active and all, i so wish i cld be induced today... just feel super tired and frustrated that im not getting any sleep and uncomfortable all the time. Dr said prob will induce next week if all is okay la.. Baby is 3.2kg already so im also afraid if go upto EDD, may become too big and end up gg for C-section!
Wow, u will meet ur baby next week! Take care and everything shall go smoothly!

sunkissed

Hmm my Gynae never ask me to stop fish oils. Ask me to continue that with obimin n frolic acid. Only stop my aspirin.

Also during my check today the doc say the cord was on/around the baby's neck. He didn't seem worried and said it was a 'coincidence'. Precious visits were fine tho. So I'm wondering if still around neck does that mean I have to do Caesarian?
My mum told me I was born with the umbilical cord around my neck :p I came out blue.. She had to do a caesarean cos my heartbeat was very fast.

twentydec

hey, anyone has any idea to stop pelvis pain? It hurts so bad that I had problem walking and getting off the bed. the pelvis wall seems to lose it mobility..

Gracecwz

Just went to watch movie..Battleship.. very excited and baby keep moving.. i feel so scare that she is over excited... :p
But doctor never say cant watch movie.. so I think should be safe to watch right?...
yah, my hubby also want to watch battleship and avengers, but i know baby confirm will kick very excitedly.

then he say, good mah... got 4d effect, other than 3d, got somemore feeling of the action in your guts. so bad... make me suffer.

Gracecwz

hey, anyone has any idea to stop pelvis pain? It hurts so bad that I had problem walking and getting off the bed. the pelvis wall seems to lose it mobility..
i had this problem too. i usually stop and rest for a while, hold/support the part that is pain. when the pain subside, move gently n slowly again.

have you tried doing those ballerina squats? it helps to stretch pelvic ligaments..

Last edited:

Meilynn

Thou gynae doesn't seems overly concerned, it will be good for u to monitor closely Bb's movement per day. I recalled many years ago, the famous HK actor Chow Yuen Fatt who hv a SG wife, their Bb died in womb due to cord ard Bb's neck during the late 2nd trimester.

This is one of the reason during my gynae check, if I rem I will always ask my gynae. My mum also reminded me now n then to ask. Better be safe / paranoid than sorry.

twentydec

i had this problem too. i usually stop and rest for a while, hold/support the part that is pain. when the pain subside, move gently n slowly again.

have you tried doing those ballerina squats? it helps to stretch pelvic ligaments..
it hurts so much that sometime it brings tears to the eyes, especially in the morning when i tried getting up and out the bed. im in my 35 wks now, not sure if i can still do squats.

Meilynn

it hurts so much that sometime it brings tears to the eyes, especially in the morning when i tried getting up and out the bed. im in my 35 wks now, not sure if i can still do squats.
I hv the same prob n my bed platform bed somemore so more painful to get down. Before u get out of bed, try to lie n gently self massage those painful areas for couple of mins. It will help somehow. When u shower, use the hot water shower head n spray oon those aching areas then do massage again. I generally feel better after shower massage.

If possible, dun sit or stay in one position too long. Try to move abt more often. These will help though pain will still be there but will be bearable. We 2 same 35 weeks so jia you k

Gemini11

I experience my first pelvis pain today ( 36+ week) maybe cuz I've been walking too much lately. It was so painful tt I can't move at all. After I tried this pelvic tilt exercise feeling abit better. Will try to do it daily. U gals may wanna try
pelvic tilt - YouTube

miracle25

hi Suhaidah,

I'm now in my 38th week.. last visit last Thurs my baby also weighed about 3.2kg and gynae was worried baby will b too big for me to push.. though the baby's movement did not reduce drastically, I am also worried too... I heard pple say boys tends to be heavier than gals but my gynae say not necessary..

I also hope the baby can come out soon before he gets too big and I need to go for C-sect..

Sweetoothz

Hi miracle25,
Yup ur dr is right.. I'm having a gal n last week at 36 weeks, my bb is weighing at 3kg already. Today is my appt n will update u gals on how much she has grown so far. I too have stop taking the supplements just to see if got any impact contributing to the weight...

miracle25

Hi miracle25,
Yup your dr is right.. I'm having a gal n last week at 36 weeks, my baby is weighing at 3kg already. Today is my appt n will update you gals on how much she has grown so far. I too have stop taking the supplements just to see if got any impact contributing to the weight...
did u got permission from ur gynae to stop the supplements? I only cut down on milk and sugar intake..