EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Tannie

Yday start feed baby by demand n record the feeding time. I realize he need to be feed every 2.5 to 3 hr at 60ml FM. Will feed him this afternoon w/ ebm, then see how it go. Pump out abt 120ml yday. Think actually can pump more but Nipple sore n w/ MIL here.

Lucky she ask me dun kneel down too much, at least some concern, she bought a lot of fish n pork for my mum to cook for me. Maybe want me to provide more BM. Finally she change her mind set on BM after listen to many KaiPos!! She wanna get more tin of FM for baby but we stopped her incase buy wrg.
Wow climsp, your baby is indeed very healthy, he has good appetite! Yap, eat more fish n drink more fluid, u shld be no prob.

milkshake

I brought my baby out to lunch n the mall yest as she turned one month. As we will only hold a double moon celebration when she turns 2 months, yest affair was a small one.

Let me just share that gg out shopping or weekend lunch with the kid is no joke. The amount of stuff we have to prepare before hand (we packed her diaper bag the night before!) and the no of times we checked n double checked! Guess when time passes it shld get easier?

I decided not to bring a frozen EBM out and instead bf on the spot with a nursing cover. We were at raffles city by noon (I would never go there at noon on weekends with a small baby in tow, wld prefer much earlier) and by about 1ish we decided to pop by the baby room to change her. She was quite good, fussed during our lunch as her diaper needed changing but slept after that (trick is to give her EBM b4 we go out so she is full n can sleep well).

Nursing rooms are so chaotic on weekends! Thanks to the app I found, I managed to find nursing rooms easily in the mall without running all over looking. Good to also check before hand.

I also didn't like that the nursing room in raffles city had one small room with 2 wooden chairs for mums to bf. one lady hogged the room to feed her toddler son food from the bowl and I decided to just bf with a nursing cover on the sofa located at the entrance. Needless to say I got a few mums gawking at me when I was bf even with a nursing cover. It's as if I have one boob hanging out or smtg! *grr* anyway I didn't care and continued bf. even if I was in the restaurant I would still bf in a cover. Just wish ppl wldnt stare so blatantly.

Anyway happy full moon to those babies who have pass the 1 month!

Rzena

I decided not to bring a frozen EBM out and instead bf on the spot with a nursing cover. We were at raffles city by noon (I would never go there at noon on weekends with a small baby in tow, wld prefer much earlier) and by about 1ish we decided to pop by the baby room to change her. She was quite good, fussed during our lunch as her diaper needed changing but slept after that (trick is to give her EBM b4 we go out so she is full n can sleep well).

Nursing rooms are so chaotic on weekends! Thanks to the app I found, I managed to find nursing rooms easily in the mall without running all over looking. Good to also check before hand.

I also didn't like that the nursing room in raffles city had one small room with 2 wooden chairs for mums to bf. one lady hogged the room to feed her toddler son food from the bowl and I decided to just bf with a nursing cover on the sofa located at the entrance. Needless to say I got a few mums gawking at me when I was bf even with a nursing cover. It's as if I have one boob hanging out or smtg! *grr* anyway I didn't care and continued bf. even if I was in the restaurant I would still bf in a cover. Just wish ppl wldnt stare so blatantly.
Hi milkshake, how long does it take to bf ur baby till she's full? Currently my boy needs at least 1 hr. I can't imagine myself bf-ing him outside. Usually it's a very exhausting affair even at home...

milkshake

Hi milkshake, how long does it take to bf ur baby till she's full? Currently my boy needs at least 1 hr. I can't imagine myself bf-ing him outside. Usually it's a very exhausting affair even at home...
It depends. The longest I've gone with her latching is about 45 mins. Sometimes she dozes off at 15 mins resulting in more frequent feeds. Yest at the mall I bf her for about 30 mins. Does your baby suckle for comfort or really drinking for 1 hour? Cos suckling is a tiring job for most babies so to do so for 1 hour continuously is quite a feat!

I notice Feeding her wih EBM is really fast. She finished 90ml of EBM in about 15 mins. I think when she suckle she doesn't get 90ml. But I have no way to determine this. So I guess I'd u do go out n want to have a bit more time to shop, bring some EBM?

yummygums

Hi mommies,

Im a april mommy staying in the west. I have 6 packets of huggies newborn pampers selling at $5 per pkt. Cos hubby bought too much for my girl alr, now she has outgrown it. Per packet has 24 pieces. Kindly drop me a text if you r interested 84442478.

Tannie

Yap my girl also take abt an hr, I cannot imagine bringing her out too...

climsp

Ya I feel like a cow now! hubby joked he is proud tat I am cow! (*.*''') anyway whenever I told him I am angry abt his parent attitude towards me now, like I just a pig to give them grandson, hubby say Wat matter is he love me can le, lol sound so touch!!

I feel baby seem like dun like over day ebm! He vomit alot out just now! Fresh ebm on the same day he seem ok. Will try the yday 60ml again later. I dun feel like direct latch baby, he will give me bruise nipples.

[/QUOTE]

It depends. The longest I've gone with her latching is about 45 mins. Sometimes she dozes off at 15 mins resulting in more frequent feeds. Yest at the mall I bf her for about 30 mins. Does your baby suckle for comfort or really drinking for 1 hour? Cos suckling is a tiring job for most babies so to do so for 1 hour continuously is quite a feat!

I notice Feeding her wih EBM is really fast. She finished 90ml of EBM in about 15 mins. I think when she suckle she doesn't get 90ml. But I have no way to determine this. So I guess I'd u do go out n want to have a bit more time to shop, bring some EBM?[/QUOTE]

Milkshake, thanks for sharing ur experience. I hope I can independently bring out my son soon!
U using Medela Calma to feed ebm right? And btw, how shd we bring out ebm? frozen one?? I tot of bringing out ebm than let bb latch on when outside. ..

Rzena

I notice Feeding her wih EBM is really fast. She finished 90ml of EBM in about 15 mins.
He really drinks for most of the time when i latch him on, may slow down once in a while, but he really sucks me dry. :p As i'm typing this, he is still latched on n drinking for the last 1hr plus going to 1.5hr already. I must feed him in lying position so as not to strain my back and get aching hips from sitting up.

Yup feeding with EBM is very much faster. He finishes 90ml in 10mins. Actually i think it's a more time-efficient way to feed him and prefer to feed him EBM. So i only latch him once or twice a day just to train him to take direct from the source. Ha.

milkshake

Milkshake, thanks for sharing ur experience. I hope I can independently bring out my son soon!
U using Medela Calma to feed ebm right? And btw, how shd we bring out ebm? frozen one?? I tot of bringing out ebm than let bb latch on when outside. ..
Yeap using Medela Calma. I was told by my CL to bring frozen EBM out. Store it in a freezer bag with those ice pack to keep it cool. But that means one more additional bag to being out. I saw a mum preparing formula at the nursing room. She had a separate bag just for bottles, milk powder, hot water flask. I think I'll stick to latch when I go out. As it is I already have so many things to carry. Haha

Meilynn

Really tiring weekend. Think for those mummies who like me need to hold 2 sessions of Bb shower, think twice. I m glad tt my gal's shower is done. Going to sleep soon. Good nite ladies!!

Tannie

Yeap using Medela Calma. I was told by my CL to bring frozen EBM out. Store it in a freezer bag with those ice pack to keep it cool. But that means one more additional bag to being out. I saw a mum preparing formula at the nursing room. She had a separate bag just for bottles, milk powder, hot water flask. I think I'll stick to latch when I go out. As it is I already have so many things to carry. Haha
But if bring frozen EBM out, how to heat it when needed?

milkshake

But if bring frozen EBM out, how to heat it when needed?
Some nursing room (or mostly them in the malls according to the app I have) have hot water dispenser or jot water from tap. Places like ION have warmer too.

Meilynn

I'm not. Or rather I haven't gotten green light from doc cos mine is csect. Not sure if I wanna risk it tho even after given green light. May just head back to gym instead
Dear Milkshake, rem to check wif ur gynae wat gym exercises u can do. Some said for c sect to fully heal, need 6 months n canit carry more than 5kg. Dats y now I cannot carry my doggie as she weighs more than 5kg. I carried her few times n my wound hurs though externally wound seems to be healing well.

My gynae gave me the green light to do postal in week 5 after delivery. I m starting next Mon