EDD May 2013

Hi ladies, just gave birth...prob the last one here...
8am: went hospital.... Cleared bowels, put epi etc...
9am: break water bag n start induce
9am - 3pm: Zzzzzz....bored, no pain due to epi...napped some n had some snack etc while waiting
3pm - 4pm: Full dialation start pushing. But bb not in good position..too high n facing up, very hard to push...pushed countless times for 1 h. Exhausted !
4pm: Finally out but gynae had to make a cut for easier delivery

big baby @ 3.66 kg. opt for total bf this time hope I succeed.
Congratulations CherryFrozz! You have a good size baby. Rest well.

Better Baby Bonding

spyvonne

Hello mummies :) i delivered on 17 may. Due date was 16may, but on my last check on 15, gynae said might need tobe induced on 19may lol.
Here's my account on that day

17may midnight - 5am: lots of brown pinkish discharge
7am: called kkh call a nurse, saying pink discharge is normal after vaginal check on 15.
7am-12pm: mild contraction, but geels more like stomach cramps. I was in bed the whole day, only weny to toilet
cos got the wanna pass motion feeling
1pm: called kkh call a nurse again, but she told me i was heard okay cos i could still talk properly hahaha
1-3.30pm: terrible stomach cramps
330pm: my mom n inlaw called cab n i went to kkh
415pm: checked, 3 cm dilated. I was literrally screaming every 2-3mins. The laughing gas didnt work, just made me dizzy
430pm: ask for epidural.
6pm: 4 cm dilated, doc on duty broke my waterbag
Then i slept for a while
930pm: nurse said bb heartbeat dropped. Called doc on duty n he checked... Could see my bb head!!!
Nurse immediately called my gynae
1000pm or so: gynae arrives.
1019pm: delivered my boy :)

He was 3.890kg, 53cm. Big baby hahaha

Now still trying to get used to the routine

Congrats all mummies here :) and for those who havent, jiayou! All your pain will disappear when you see your bbs :)))

wow congrats!!!!!!!!!!! ur super summary gave me a quick and clear view of wads gonna happen! was the epidural painful? or ur contractions more pain?

I'm ok. Getting use to my baby's nonsense. Apparently she's a bit unwell. Like having cough and keep sneezing.. I dunno how to cure her sia..
My son was sick at 6 weeks old. You can continue to breastfeed, pat your baby's back using cup hand to remove phelgm. Gives lots of cuddles and love. I am conducting an Infant Massage Introductory Session this Saturday for Parents. You can consider joining for only $2.

Better Baby Bonding through Infant Massage

New mummies doing tbf...any of u suffer sore nipples initially? I m n the pain is driving me crazy ! Qn: how long will the soreness last? If keep on latching? Or r u all still suffering like me? :(

ping87

New mummies doing tbf...any of u suffer sore nipples initially? I m n the pain is driving me crazy ! Qn: how long will the soreness last? If keep on latching? Or r u all still suffering like me? :(
Proper latching shouldn't feel sore.. Try changing every 5-10mins during each latch. So that u balance both side and u won't feel sore

That's wat I tot also...but there's also such thing as aggressive suckers n my bb happen to b one of them. Uses excessive strength n even though latch correct with areola in, he also likes to clamp down while sucking. Sigh tot could make it this time coz lots of colostrum. But the pain is unbearable. Feel sad now...think due to pain, supply down instead of up. When I squeeze colostrum not so much as b4.

cony

That's wat I tot also...but there's also such thing as aggressive suckers n my bb happen to b one of them. Uses excessive strength n even though latch correct with areola in, he also likes to clamp down while sucking. Sigh tot could make it this time coz lots of colostrum. But the pain is unbearable. Feel sad now...think due to pain, supply down instead of up. When I squeeze colostrum not so much as b4.
Did you try to pump for a while? At least milk supply wont decrease... It should not be painful after some time...

Forced to stop latching now. Might as well. Bb jaundice must stay in hospital while I'm checkin out.. Pumping hurts too though less n not much result. Colostrum down fr few teaspoons worth to now only few drops. As farewell present to mummy baby sucked until blood came out. Time to rest.

Snowycat

Hi Cherry yah my baby doc told me to pump too cos if latch also dunno baby drinks how much. Plus latch on till bleed too.
My milk supply low so my gyane told me to buy Fenugreek GNC . then low cos i din pump during my 4 days stay at thomson. Yesterday i took the prescribed medicine for milk supply. Much better! also before i pump, i will drink hot milo and usw the avent breast hot compress that i bought from kiddy palace. then massage

Snowycat

And doc told me to try pump for 15 min every 2 hrs if possible to get the milk coming. for freestyle, L4 or L5 is enough . Too high level will cause injury to nipple. so jiayou! i felt so shiok to see drop by drop coming out. 2 days ago when i pump for 30min, nothing much. Now different. So keep pumping for the initial phase to get the supply coming!

Snowycat

For those with sore breasts or engorgement, do consult thomson parentcraft centre to massage and open milk ducts for you. I had engorgment on day 3 . They helped me to massage and express out the colostrum. My engorgement disappear the next day. On off still have hardness but nt solid hard. Press on that area and massage hard 10 times clockwise and anticlockwise then will be okay

Poppui

Hi snowycat, mind to share, how much milk supply you can pump out after taken fenugreek ???

I tried naturally to increase milk supply like taking vegetable & traditional soup but still cannot increase milk supply. i pump out only 20 ML, max 40 ML for both side but baby drink 100 ML. Is that normal???

And doc told me to try pump for 15 min every 2 hrs if possible to get the milk coming. for freestyle, L4 or L5 is enough . Too high level will cause injury to nipple. so jiayou! i felt so shiok to see drop by drop coming out. 2 days ago when i pump for 30min, nothing much. Now different. So keep pumping for the initial phase to get the supply coming!
Wah I hope I can also experience that. Things are looking pretty dismal for me now... day 3 no engorgement nothing. pumping now dry as a tap....squeeze colostrum now become one drop per side only nia. Still pretty sore nipples...though better a bit now. Taking meds for milk supply so far no effect yet.

cony

Hi snowycat, mind to share, how much milk supply you can pump out after taken fenugreek ???

I tried naturally to increase milk supply like taking vegetable & traditional soup but still cannot increase milk supply. i pump out only 20 ML, max 40 ML for both side but baby drink 100 ML. Is that normal???
Hi Poppui, as for me, a cup of hot drink (like tea) 10 min before BF helps to increase milk supply.
I normally feed baby from one breast and pump from another one.

Wah I hope I can also experience that. Things are looking pretty dismal for me now... day 3 no engorgement nothing. pumping now dry as a tap....squeeze colostrum now become one drop per side only nia. Still pretty sore nipples...though better a bit now. Taking meds for milk supply so far no effect yet.
You can try hypnosis or biodynamic craniosacral therapy for breastfeeding issues. I know a therapist who help mummy to shift their body into balance, allow the energy flow smoothly including breastfeeding.

elyn

Hi mummies, wanna check with u that baby pass motion abit of blood (orange colour to red) is it normal?

ping87

Just to encourage u guys on breastfeeding..

13may-baby hatch
14may-discharged
From 13-17 may totally no colostrum. I don't know. I tried pressing got 1 drop. (Miserable)
Out of desperate I bought formula milk for my baby first.

16may-massage day 1, my massage lady also surprise I don't have milk supply. She help me massage and each time will spend more time to massage my breast.
17may-finally a bit of colostrum(came late)
10 days of massage, milk supple slowly increases.
From 30ml(1hr) to 60(1hr) to now 180ml(30-45mins) each pump. I'm trying to increase the supply also.

I'm taking sacred tea and papaya fish soup. They help.

I'm on total latching now. Cos after I pump, the remaining I will let baby latch. But during midnight I will not pump. I will let baby latch. About 15 mins I will stop latching to prevent over feed.

IMO, sacred tea helps. But one thing, must drink enough water to replenish. I drink alot of water(not plain water, red dates tea and sacred tea).

I only drink sacred tea 3 times on separate occasion. Not 3 days consecutively. And I see improvement.

If u latch and pump the supply is more.

Now coming to a month, I starting to keep 3 pack of milk in fridge besides latching my baby.

So mummies, u all can do it. :)

Ladies, know for colostrum only need feed max each side 15mins...coz its so little anyway n may risk sore nipples....how abt for interim milk. R we supposed to feed until bb satisfied b it 1/2 hr or so?

cony

Hi mummies, wanna check with u that baby pass motion abit of blood (orange colour to red) is it normal?
I had this with my #1 and we checked with doc last time. He said it's ok as far as it happened only a few times, not during the whole week or so.