EDD May 2013

hello, i heard tmc got classes..conducted by Wong Boh Boi which is pretty famous, maybe after my next week appt will go and check it out... now too early to attend? was thinking maybe end of 2nd trimester or 3rd trim???

Got other recommendations???

afrogail

I heard in Thomson they recommend mothers to go 20weeks onwards.
I was thinking of going during mid 2nd trimester.
Afraid that of my that by 3rd trimester my tummy might be too big or i might be too lazy :p

I heard KK has it too. A slightly less expensive then Thomson.

baby052013, is ur gynea at Thomson too?

I heard in Thomson they recommend mothers to go 20weeks onwards.
I was thinking of going during mid 2nd trimester.
Afraid that of my that by 3rd trimester my tummy might be too big or i might be too lazy :p

I heard KK has it too. A slightly less expensive then Thomson.

baby052013, is ur gynea at Thomson too?
Hi afrogail, yup my gyn is at thomson.. dr yeap min li.. how abt u?? i saw on thomson wesbite, its 6 weeks duration (including 1 session doc talk) heard less than $200. involves hubby too :) should be going for it..

now waiting for next gyn visit next week... anxious to know the bb progress..

ladies how are you doing?? feeling better?

elyn

Hi elyn, im at 16weeks now going 17 soon.
And im expecting a girl!!!! but me gynea says the baby might evolve...for now, it looks like im having a girl :)
Congratz!! U r in ur 16 weeks? That's fast.. I'm only at 13 weeks, so will know the gender next month.

afrogail

Elyn,
you must be very excited :) My baby very shy dunt want to open leg... i had to kinda take a walk and rescan again. Doc very understanding. Finally show a lil. hehe.... good thing, girl must not open leg too much, education starts frm the tummy, if u know wat i mean.

afrogail

Hi afrogail, yup my gyn is at thomson.. dr yeap min li.. how abt u?? i saw on thomson wesbite, its 6 weeks duration (including 1 session doc talk) heard less than $200. involves hubby too :) should be going for it..

now waiting for next gyn visit next week... anxious to know the bb progress..

ladies how are you doing?? feeling better?
Im with Doc Benjamin Tham. Very nice guy :)

Anyway, the website is always down for the antenatal class. So cant really see what's the price like.

xeviouss

Hi Ett,

I emailed them and the person told me their instructor is unwell and on long medical leave so there will not be any prenatal yoga classes from now till jan2013. I supposed it's only for the simei studio that I enquired.

I think I have to think of other places to go for yoga or wait till jan2013 which by then I will be around 22 weeks.

Im with Doc Benjamin Tham. Very nice guy :)

Anyway, the website is always down for the antenatal class. So cant really see what's the price like.
Yup i heard of doc benjamin tham, very famous! :) website always down? i manage to take a look at the website they have all the details of the classes.. what will be covered etc.. except the price.. need to call.. i know its abt 200 cos i heard from frd..

ett

Hi Ett,

I emailed them and the person told me their instructor is unwell and on long medical leave so there will not be any prenatal yoga classes from now till jan2013. I supposed it's only for the simei studio that I enquired.

I think I have to think of other places to go for yoga or wait till jan2013 which by then I will be around 22 weeks.
Hey xeviouss,

hmmm ok thanks.. well i think we should source for other places ba.. cos i worry if start too late into the pregnancy, maybe we will start to have swelling etc so will be quite uncomfy for us i supposed. Cos we learn early then by then can do it at home more comfortable... hehehe... That's what i think though...

O as for the prenatal classes, anyone considered mount a? cos i was thinking to deliver there.. so might as well if the price is reasonable i will go there and on the other hand get used to the environment and surrounding there:) hehehe

ett

Hi all,

for all who are interested in prenatal classes. Mount A suggest mummy to go from 24th week onwards. the price is listed in the web. Also for those who wants to go for the prenatal classes but doesn't wan to deliver at mount a they also have it but the price slightly different..

Childbirth Education | Preparing for Childbirth

elyn

Elyn,
you must be very excited :) My baby very shy dunt want to open leg... i had to kinda take a walk and rescan again. Doc very understanding. Finally show a lil. hehe.... good thing, girl must not open leg too much, education starts frm the tummy, if u know wat i mean.
Yup I know wad u mean. Hihihi.. Actually not really excited as this is my #2 pregnancy.
Ur doct really v understanding leh, some doct won't do that loh, they will say try again next time.

leyash

Is anyone scheduled for detailed scan at 20 weeks already? My clinic says to do a Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT) on the same day (not that I was told I had failed the test strip or anything). Thought it seemed a little early to do the GTT.

cony

Hi elyn, im at 16weeks now going 17 soon.
And im expecting a girl!!!! but me gynea says the baby might evolve...for now, it looks like im having a girl :)
Wow afrogail, so fast! You can start shopping already :) Mine will be only at the end of next month :( During oscar doctor said it might be a boy, but need to confirm during the next scan.

ett

Wow afrogail, so fast! You can start shopping already :) Mine will be only at the end of next month :( During oscar doctor said it might be a boy, but need to confirm during the next scan.

Wah Oscar scan the doc already help u find out... during my scan the doc refused to scan there just tell me cannot see yet... hehehe

cony

Wah Oscar scan the doc already help u find out... during my scan the doc refused to scan there just tell me cannot see yet... hehehe
But mine also was not sure, because baby was too small - she said there is something between legs, hehe) Still need to wait more than a month :( When is ur next scan? After 16 weeks should already be able to tell...

ett

But mine also was not sure, because baby was too small - she said there is something between legs, hehe) Still need to wait more than a month :( When is ur next scan? After 16 weeks should already be able to tell...
My next scan is end of this month... hopefully my gynae can see and hope bb cooperate hehehe

carlitos

All mummy, must sure your gynae fee include scrub test in the 37 weeks. Understand what is GBS as this is very important especially if you intend to have a nature delivery. Pls google GBS to understand what is this. It is very common of 20% mummy might carry GBS bacterial and it's possible to pass to the baby.

But this test will only conduct in the 37 weeks and thus gynae don't tell you . To ensure mummy free from GBS, personal hygiene is very important especially after you wee wee. Do invest a bidet in your wash room so that you can ensure more hygiene . Japan and Korean mummy have low % of GBS as they have bidet in every home and this is hardly see in Singapore .

There is few kind of bidet available locally, make sure you get those which provide for female or double nozzle type.

ping87

Hello all! i'm new here and joining this EDD May threat. but i'm a bit stuck between EDD jun and May cos estimated either 1st june or 31st may.. month end baby..

anyway, doesn't matter. am now just 13-14weeks.. baby still small.. hehe..
Am currently seeing my gynea at KKH..

xeviouss

Hi Ett,

Tried looking around for prenatal yoga at other places, but either timing or location not suitable for me. What location are you looking at? Since I already checked a few places, I can update you.

Now just going for 20 minutes brisk walk. I have to exercise cos putting on weight too fast.