EDD May 2013

marmalade

Hello mummies ! its been a while.... my morning sickness is getting better and my appetite is increasing slightly. im now 17 moving into 18 weeks soon.
i can feel baby moving sometimes, and if i can't sleep well and turn here and there on bed, i can also feel a bump at certain parts of the tummy. haa...

any one who has successfully gone through pre-natal pilates and can recommend ? i'm thinking of attending one, hopefully i can take it.

marmalade

The people who have up seats to me are those 50s-60s ppl.. Other than that, no.. :( sad to say, younger generation ain't that gracious anymore.

I even encounter once, I was stand in front of the reserved seat in the mrt, this young skinny lady just sit down as I approach the seat. :( maybe I just look fat to her.

er, maybe just put your hand on your waist and walk super slowly? it works for me for once. =|

ping87

er, maybe just put your hand on your waist and walk super slowly? it works for me for once. =|
Wah.. I don't dare. ESP morning train to work. It's like hell ride! Now it's December lesser students. Once sch term starts, I felt v suffocated.

But honestly, even I touch my tummy infront of them, they just stared at me as though u did something offensive to them.

I always tell myself, thank goodness I'm abled now. So I let the disabled sit lo. Lol!! And am so scare to meet those pinoys! They basically just push and snatch seats from u even if u are preg.

Well, I give up sitting down many times.. If i really need it, I will just approach them.

chummymummy

Hi Mummy,

let's start sharing our shopping list and the things that we should buy to prepare for the big day. I'm a FTM and am lost where to start shopping for baby stuff and the recommended brands. Any suggestion so i can build on my shopping list and the other EDD-May-Mummies can learn and have an idea?

Now into my 21st week. What symptoms/changes are you mummies experiencing at this point?

marmalade

Wah.. I don't dare. ESP morning train to work. It's like hell ride! Now it's December lesser students. Once sch term starts, I felt v suffocated.

But honestly, even I touch my tummy infront of them, they just stared at me as though u did something offensive to them.

I always tell myself, thank goodness I'm abled now. So I let the disabled sit lo. Lol!! And am so scare to meet those pinoys! They basically just push and snatch seats from u even if u are preg.

Well, I give up sitting down many times.. If i really need it, I will just approach them.

sigh, quite true la,wait till they themselves preggy then they will understand !!

marmalade

Hi Mummy,

let's start sharing our shopping list and the things that we should buy to prepare for the big day. I'm a FTM and am lost where to start shopping for baby stuff and the recommended brands. Any suggestion so i can build on my shopping list and the other EDD-May-Mummies can learn and have an idea?

Now into my 21st week. What symptoms/changes are you mummies experiencing at this point?

woah, you are now 21st week! last time i copied a list from the forum but no stated brands leh. Actually, it depends what are you comfy with.
i am now going into 18 weeks, not much drastic changes on symptoms...

ping87

Hi Mummy,

Wow! U are fast! I'm going into 18 weeks only.. Hehe.. I have no list yet..
So far I'm recvg some old stuffs from relatives. Which helps me save quite a lot.
I don't intend to buy everything cos it's gonna be wasting a lot of money.

But essential stuffs like milk bottle, pump, baby cot, pram I prefer to buy.

I gotten one playpen, baby bath tub and baby changing cot.

I'm not planning to use that playpen as bed for baby to slp. The play pen can't change the height. :(

Anyway, feb will hve one baby expo! Lets chiong there!

ping87

sigh, quite true la,wait till they themselves preggy then they will understand !!
Yup!

I would like to share this cos I really felt that people should have some respect for preg ladies.

I have a friend, she can just rant on twitter saying she sat on reserved seat cos she's having gastric pain. And she was hoping no one will scold her for taking the seat. Then she heard a lady making a remark. And she mention that she doesn't look preg to her. And even she is preg, she could have ask her for the seat. The best is she wrote, don't f***ing be bitchy to her just cos u r f***ing preg. And she went on saying, if u need the seat, f***ing ask nicely.

IMO, nowadays only people been through pregnancy will understand the pain that we are going through. Upon seeing how my friend reacted, I just felt so ashamed. We are trying v hard everyday to protect ourselves and baby from getting hurt from the pack train and there, other ignorant people making such remarks just cos they want the seat becos of gastric upset.

Apparently, if u really have a super bad gastric pain that makes u can't stand, pls go hospital no making a big fuss over the seat issue.

I was totally speechless. Becos she has nv encounter what is real gastric pain. (I have gastritis history due to excessive weight lost previously, not healthy but becos I wanna get in shape quick, so my meals was cut to minimal hence gastric was affected and once my meal time is over, my gastric will start to turn nasty. Troublesome much!)

I was hoping she gets preg one day and she will understand which is more suffering.

Anyway, all mummies, hang in there! 5 more months! Stay happy!

cony

Calculator seems inaccurate, due to my.height 169cm, expect me to gain 19kg....ridiculous!
Hi ahchan5, quite strange... My height is also around that but it shows 11 kg for the full pregnancy that I think is normal. Now I'm supposed to gain ~4 kg that is also normal. Are you sure that you've changed Pre-pregnancy weight from pounds to kg? Because by default it's in pounds....

cony

The people who have up seats to me are those 50s-60s ppl.. Other than that, no.. :( sad to say, younger generation ain't that gracious anymore.

I even encounter once, I was stand in front of the reserved seat in the mrt, this young skinny lady just sit down as I approach the seat. :( maybe I just look fat to her.
Hi ping87, same same - hardly ever anybody let me sit in MRT. Even young guys who are sitting on special sits once see me start pretending sleeping or being very busy with their phones. Maybe yeah, it's not so obvious yet that we are pregnant...

ping87

Hi ping87, same same - hardly ever anybody let me sit in MRT. Even young guys who are sitting on special sits once see me start pretending sleeping or being very busy with their phones. Maybe yeah, it's not so obvious yet that we are pregnant...
In fact can see my tummy already but maybe I just look fat.. :(
Nevertheless, I just don't bother unless its a long journey.. Hahaha!

Each time an old people give me seat, I felt bad.. And I insist the old ppl to sit. And by doing this I hope the ppl sitting down and get the hint but noooooo!!! They stared some more.. Stupid! :(

chummymummy

Hi Ping87, the last baby expo was a let down. Not sure if i should wait till then. Yeah, i do prefer baby cot too, if it can convert to bed after a few years, then it should be worthwhile. As for bath tub, i heard from some mummies that Mount A will give us free bath tub upon discharge. Not sure if this "promo" is still valid.

Currently, i still look fat instead of preggy. I have difficulty choosing what to wear for festive parties and work.

jonahjill

Hi Ping87, the last baby expo was a let down. Not sure if i should wait till then. Yeah, i do prefer baby cot too, if it can convert to bed after a few years, then it should be worthwhile. As for bath tub, i heard from some mummies that Mount A will give us free bath tub upon discharge. Not sure if this "promo" is still valid.

Currently, i still look fat instead of preggy. I have difficulty choosing what to wear for festive parties and work.
I heard there's a taka baby fair in march every year... loooking forward to that.. I look fat too.... if i dont touch my tummy perhaps ppl might think i have a super fat belly...... im feeling baby flutters on and off..... the baby tub i heard yes they will give but heard its rather small.. i was advise to get own bigger one by friends....

ping87

I just went for my check up. Sadly baby's position doesn't allow me to see the gender.. Guess the wait has to continue..

Anyway, baby expo Issit crowded? And the price is cheaper by how much? If the difference isn't that much, I don't see the point of going.

ping87

I also! Having problem choosing what to wear. I have a set of "uniform"!!

Lolx. I am 5 months pregnant and tummy look very obvious but pple either fall into deep sleep or playing hp. Until a lady who kept looking at me alight at her station then I can take her RESERVED seat. -.-". Recent expo baby fair was a BIG disappointment. Nothing much and it is those 'Blog shop' selling clothes etc similar to those I can find in Qoo. Only managed to get AVENT bottles but not sure if its cheaper. Luckily there is a Megatex & Popular sale at the same time if not it would have been a wasted trip travelling down from Jurong. The next baby fair in March 2013 I will check if its worth going or nt. He he...

ping87

Lolx. I am 5 months pregnant and tummy look very obvious but pple either fall into deep sleep or playing hp. Until a lady who kept looking at me alight at her station then I can take her RESERVED seat. -.-". Recent expo baby fair was a BIG disappointment. Nothing much and it is those 'Blog shop' selling clothes etc similar to those I can find in Qoo. Only managed to get AVENT bottles but not sure if its cheaper. Luckily there is a Megatex & Popular sale at the same time if not it would have been a wasted trip travelling down from Jurong. The next baby fair in March 2013 I will check if its worth going or nt. He he...
U are not the only one who face the same problem. even my friend with big tummy, ppl dont even give a damn about it.

i ever encounter once, this gorl staring at me and my tummy. but also mv gove me seats. Lol.. I'm cool about it..

I'm actually comparing prices.. Cos I don't end of the day, the price is like only cheaper by a bit and I waste my trip just to squeeze with ppl.

U are not the only one who face the same problem. even my friend with big tummy, ppl dont even give a damn about it.

i ever encounter once, this gorl staring at me and my tummy. but also mv gove me seats. Lol.. I'm cool about it..

I'm actually comparing prices.. Cos I don't end of the day, the price is like only cheaper by a bit and I waste my trip just to squeeze with ppl.
haha..How many mths are you now? The current Metro sale at Expo have even more useful baby stuff than last Baby fair. Actually price cheaper abit also quite time wasting but imagine there are alot of baby products, it was like WOW. More fun and seems like wanna buy everything.