EDD May 2013

ping87

Hi all.. After long long labour hours, my girl finally meet the world.

Here's my episode

1+am- water bag broke
2+am-rush to KKH
3am-admitted to delivery suite. 3cm
6am-induce, 4cm
10am-succumbed to epidural cos the pain was really making me shivering and my contraction was every 2 Mins.
11am-5-6cm dilated
4.30pm-fully dilated, ask to push.
5pm-baby girl finally meet the world.(omg I swear I pushed super many times until they cut me to let baby's head to come out easier.

My baby decided to come out at 37weeks, 3 days. Edd supposed to be 31 may, not become 13 may. Hahaha.

All the best to all mummieS. I'm resting now. The stitches was damn painful but when I was holding her, I just melted.

Here's my episode

1+am- water bag broke
2+am-rush to KKH
6am-induce, 4cm
10am-succumbed to epidural cos the pain was really making me shivering and my contraction was every 2 Mins.
11am-5-6cm dilated
5pm-baby girl finally meet the world.(omg I swear I pushed super many times until they cut me to let baby's head to come out easier.

My baby decided to come out at 37weeks, 3 days. Edd supposed to be 31 may, not become 13 may. Hahaha.

All the best to all mummieS. I'm resting now. The stitches was damn painful but when I was holding her, I just melted.
congratz sweetheart! u gave birth on my edd!

Hi mummies, I delivered. Yeah! Here is my birth story:

4pm + I was 3cm dilated when gyn broke my waterbag. After breaking waterbag..was put on drip and contractions were 2mins apart.
6pm + I endured 2hrs of contraction pain with 2mins apart. nurse check me still 3cm! NO CHANGE AT ALL FOR DILATION. Cos muscle are tense. I was thinking i need to endure another countless hrs of 2min apart contraction and dunno will dilate anot.
6pm + I opt for epi.. Start shivering non stop..
7pm + 5cm dilated! Shivering
8pm+ 8cm dilated! Shivering
9pm + fully dilate, gyn was called to deliver the bb (can see bb head) Bb out in 2push! But i did tear and gyn stitch me. Shivering.
10pm + try let bb suckle..i have colostrum.. But bb suckle awhile and dun want it. :(

Epidural effects on me: Shivering throughout.. Even after delivery still shivering. Numbness will continue..now 3am still numb! i had difficulty breathing after delivery..keep taking big breath! panting..and hubby say i got rashes on my face..but went away already.

Bb at 2.7kg and now put under warm light to keep him warm..

All the best to mummies out there who are delivering soon!

Maggiequek

Here's my episode

1+am- water bag broke
2+am-rush to KKH
6am-induce, 4cm
11am-5-6cm dilated

congrats :)
rest well!!

Maggiequek

4pm + I was 3cm dilated when gyn broke my waterbag. After breaking waterbag..was put on drip and contractions were 2mins apart.
6pm + I endured 2hrs of contraction pain with 2mins apart. nurse check me still 3cm! NO CHANGE AT ALL FOR DILATION. Cos muscle are tense. I was thinking i need to endure another countless hrs of 2min apart contraction and dunno will dilate anot.
9pm + fully dilate, gyn was called to deliver the bb (can see bb head) Bb out in 2push! But i did tear and gyn stitch me. Shivering.
10pm + try let bb suckle..i have colostrum.. But bb suckle awhile and dun want it. :(

Epidural effects on me: Shivering throughout.. Even after delivery still shivering. Numbness will continue..now 3am still numb! i had difficulty breathing after delivery..keep taking big breath! panting..and hubby say i got rashes on my face..but went away already.

congrats :)
I think it's normal to shiver aft taking epidural. For my 1st delivery, I had epidural n my whole body was itching badly.. But I can't feel anything despite scratching..

Anyway, rest well :>

ping87

Hey congrats!!! My baby also 2.7kg. Was supposed to sleep with me cos I need to b/f. But my baby also latch a bit then don't want. So end up always latch 10 mins then go back to sleep .

I do have side effect for epi. Only minor back complain cos the person poke two times then got correct position.
I shivered also but I told them to increase the aircon temp.

After now my both legs calf muscle like cramp cramp.. But still manage to walk. Just that I have stitches too. So I walk like a duck.

cony

Here's my episode

1+am- water bag broke
2+am-rush to KKH
6am-induce, 4cm
11am-5-6cm dilated

congrats, Ping, u have made it!!! Ur labor were not easy, but all is well that end well :) Have a good rest!

cony

congrats, baby052013!!! Oh, contractions 2 min apart and still 3cm? That should be tough... But good that your labor were not too long. Rest well, dear!

Congratulation! Ya, some people will have side effect of epidural. Rest well and give lots of love and cuddle for the little one. Good job!

Wow congrats ping & baby... with so many of u popping I also start to feel a bit scared...haha...coz I know fr 1st exp childbirth is really !@#$^$# painful!

ping87

Wow congrats ping & baby... with so many of u popping I also start to feel a bit scared...haha...coz I know fr 1st exp childbirth is really !@#$^$# painful!
Don't worry cherry, destinee has good exp and she is coping well. It really depends on individual.

Don't worry cherry, destinee has good exp and she is coping well. It really depends on individual.
ya.must set mindset clear and strong.basically i gt high tolerance of pain and aft the induce drip,i gt the feeling to push aft 10-20 mins. just go along with the flow and decide from there. we all can.do it! gambateh!

chummymummy

Yeah, for those who have not delivered, every experience is different. And regardless of how painful it is, as you think back, it is very memorable. Let me share my birth experience:

My EDD supposed to be 1st May. But because the baby is small so i was told to induced the baby on the 18th April.
12am - was packing my hospital bag to prepare to admit to hospital for my appointment to have the baby induced at 7am
1am - ready for bed and water bag broke
2:30am - arrived at delivery ward and contraction was every 10mins - 2 cm dilation
3:30am - contraction was every 8mins and i was told that i should not take epidural too early
5am - contractions was every 5mins and i COULD NOT TAKE THE PAIN any longer - 4cm dilation - insisted that i have the epidural
5:40am - epidural done and i had the feeling of pushing immediately. Painless and High (from the laughing gas) - exciting moment - Dilation was 8cm
6am -Gynae arrived and started pushing
620am - baby was delivered in 4 pushes...

He arrived earlier than my scheduled appointment. Thank God for everything

Poppui

Wow, congrats maggiequek.
I wish i could deliver without epi as well like u and destinee ^^.

To ping & baby, congrats and can't wait to hold my baby too T T .

Btw, When is ur EDD cony?
Mine 26 May, 11 days more to go.

EDD is estimated. You may pop any time soon..who knows! To birth without epidural requires focus, breathing and connect to your body and your baby. Feel the rhythm and not resist the body. i.e. the more you are able to relax, the less you will feel. Good luck!

cony

Hi Poppui, mine is this Sunday, but baby still doesn't want to pop out :( I also can't wait to hold the baby :) Yeah, destinee's labor is a dreamed one - no tear, no epi... I wish the same, but every labor is so individual!