EDD May 2013

So agree....every labor different! Hope 2nd time better, dun wan to relive my 1st exp...so painful though already on epi! But then could be due to use of suction cup bah.

BTW Congrats chummymummy!

Hi Poppui, mine is this Sunday, but baby still doesn't want to pop out :( I also can't wait to hold the baby :) Yeah, destinee's labor is a dreamed one - no tear, no epi... I wish the same, but every labor is so individual!
When it comes to birth, women need more emotional support. That is constant encouragement. Consider hire a doula for a better birth outcome. She has lots of tips for you to avoid epi. Baby remembers their birth experience. Keep your baby with you after birth can help calm baby down.
Doula Services | ChildBirth Odyssey

ping87

I'm so demoralize! I wanna latch my baby but till today I have no milk supply at all. And cos baby is not having any intake, she became so cranky until I surrender to formula. :(

Suddenly I feel so useless.. Haiz.. Every time I hear her cry I felt bad.

cony

I'm so demoralize! I wanna latch my baby but till today I have no milk supply at all. And cos baby is not having any intake, she became so cranky until I surrender to formula. :(

hi ping, pls don't give up, just try often and milk should come!

elyn

Hi ping87

Dun worry ur milk will come slowly.. Mine come on the 4th o 5th day.. When u give birth?

Poppui

Hi xiangxiangmama, thank you and i will try to do if I can go for normal delivery ^^

Just went for checked up, gynea mentioned not yet open even though I already 38 weeks pass 5 days. Gynea advise, i maybe go for surgery If no yet dilute or no sign of intense contractions at all till 26 May. My baby also suddenly becoming big 2.9something. She needs me to do a lot of walking and stop sugary things Haha.

Cony, do u have sign of contraction or opening?
How's ur baby weight?

Ping87, my colleague said you can try to use hot towel and then massage. You also need to clean ur nipple surface. I did that around 35 weeks and came out a little bit and I stopped that activity coz scared baby won't get colostrum.

cony

Hi xiangxiangmama, thank you and i will try to do if I can go for normal delivery ^^

Just went for checked up, gynea mentioned not yet open even though I already 38 weeks pass 5 days. Gynea advise, i maybe go for surgery If no yet dilute or no sign of intense contractions at all till 26 May. My baby also suddenly becoming big 2.9something. She needs me to do a lot of walking and stop sugary things Haha.

Cony, do u have sign of contraction or opening?
How's ur baby weight?

Ping87, my colleague said you can try to use hot towel and then massage. You also need to clean ur nipple surface. I did that around 35 weeks and came out a little bit and I stopped that activity coz scared baby won't get colostrum.
Hi Poppui, no sign of contractions for me( No openning as well. In spite of it's already almost 40 weeks. Why ur gynae suggested to go for surgery, instead of induction?

ping, do you give your gal to suck often? Even if there is no milk, she may help milk to come out naturally. What about your massage lady? Is she coming?

ping87

My massage lady manage to massage until my milk finally come. But for a start, I only manage to pump, both side add up to only 50ml. I'm trying to keep pumping and pumping but I scared not enough time to feed him.

Milk comes in early when you started to breastfeed. Not necessary wait till 4-5 days. I once made a mistake of waiting for my milk supply to come. Then my MIL told me to let baby latch on. That night, milk just flowing in like crazy. So, continue to breastfeed whether you feel any milk or not.

Maggiequek

same situation as mine ping87..
I was so depressed. But I remember I can go to the lactation consultant for help. I called kkh to book an appointment n head down to kkh.. E lactation helped me to express the clogged milk out( it was very painful! ) but aft that, my baby can latch on n I get alot more milk when I pump :)

So it might b bcos ur milk ducts are clogged n that's y ur baby isn't drinking enough.

marmalade

hi mummies I Justin popped! My edd is 28 may but baby chose to come out earlier. This is my no 2 feeling groggy now ... Update again when I get home ..

To all mummies who have delivered , well done n congrats!
To all those still waiting , hang in there! :)

cony

hi mummies I Justin popped! My edd is 28 may but baby chose to come out earlier. This is my no 2 feeling groggy now ... Update again when I get home ..

To all mummies who have delivered , well done n congrats!
To all those still waiting , hang in there! :)

Congrats, marmalade!!! Take care!
I'm still in a waiting group in spite of due date is passed. Sigh...

roudx

Hi mummies / mummies to be !
my daughter popped out yesterday! Was at 38 weeks. Edd on 5th June, but she became a May babies instead hehe

This is my labour story -
20 May -
very bad backache in the morning. Went to work still. Backache didn't stop and afraid of anything, I called up my Gynae. He said to go down his clinic for a check.
went down at 4+. He put me on the machine for contractions for 20 mins. And said there's some contractions going on. And checked me , I was 2cm dilated.
He ask me to admit hospital straight but I requested to go home and have a shower and dinner.
Reached hospital at 8PM++. Was on the machine again to monitor baby heartbeat and contractions.

21st May -
Gynae reached at 12AM+, checked and I'm 3cm dilated. Broke my water bag and I endured the pain till 7AM+. Couldn't bear the pain anymore, and asked for epidural. Was 4-5CM dilated.
Then mid wife asked me to start pushing at 8AM++, she said I'm ready even though I dont't know how much CM I am dilated.
so pushed for some times and was asked to stopped as can see baby's hair.
Then called Gynae up to start the delivery.
Gynae came at 9AM+, and some pushes, my girl is out

The moment I see her , I just melted. Gynae put her on my chest the moment she came out, with the cord still attached. Then husband cut the cord.

Was on June 2013 thread. But my daughter turn out to be May babies :p

Snowycat

Thanks for sharing your labour story!
For me i had a false alarm 2 days ago! My edd is 1st june. 2 days ago after i wiped , i saw one huge yellow jelly like lump : mucus plug. I called the emergency hotline for thomson medical at 8plus pm. My doc called me back and told me tl come down to have a check. Went to the labour ward and doc checked. Only 0.5cm dilated and slight contractions only. So I went and rest. now contractions are more frequent but no so intense yet. Only have spotting .. dont s
have menses kind of bloody show yet.. Waiting game!

Poppui

Hi all,

I already given birth on 18 may through a long process (24 hours labour) and end up went for emergency c-sect. Cannot imagine my bills T T.

Here my history:
18 May
1 am till 9:30 am = water bag leaking plus light bleeding but didn't notice.
9:30 am = called my gynea clinic to check
10:30 am = gynea advised me to quickly went to hospital coz I already in labour stage for 12 hours although no sign of contraction.
11:00 am till 13:00 pm = went home to get hospital bags, shower and rush to hospital.
13:00 pm = lunch (gynea advised me to go for lunch first before go to labour ward)
13:30 pm: inside labour ward
14:00 pm: induce
15:00 pm: epidural
16:00 pm: gynea check my dilation only 2cm and increase the level of my drip
22:45 pm: gynea came to check again my dilation and only 3 cm. she adviced me for emergency c-sect coz my water bag leaking almost 24 hours and I agreed for it.
23:48: baby borne to the world

My baby weight 2.925 and 50 Cm

After 2 hours of my c-sect my left eyes and face suddenly swollen due to allergic of painkiller.

Right now my baby abit yellow even though the pediatrician said no need to worry as long the baby got enough supply of milk.

Btw, I already having milk even though not much and still combine with formula.