EDD May 2013

Hi Mummies,

Just want to check if any mummies doing exclusive pumping?? BB have problem latching after i had introduce bottle during the first week when i had bad engorgement and bb unable to suckle well. Now he is fully on express breastmilk.. he is frustrated when i latch him and i give up latching already.. am now pumping every 3 hrs...

Snowycat

Hi baby052013
No worries if baby doesnt want to latch on. I also do more pumping of milk than latching. Cos baby will fall asleep after latch on for a few min . Also dunno how much they will drink too. do doc told me gd to express milk cos will know how much baby drinks. Of course latch on is better in terms of nutritional value but v hard to predict baby wake sleep time . so total express is fine .

Hi baby052013
No worries if baby doesnt want to latch on. I also do more pumping of milk than latching. Cos baby will fall asleep after latch on for a few min . Also dunno how much they will drink too. do doc told me gd to express milk cos will know how much baby drinks. Of course latch on is better in terms of nutritional value but v hard to predict baby wake sleep time . so total express is fine .
Hi Snowycat,

Latch on is better in terms of nutritional value? Is it because when we express out, due to handling, storing and warming of milk, some nutrient maybe lost? I was thinking pumping is not as effective as latch on as we are unable to really empty the breast and may not able to get the hind milk. Most of the time my bb got mustard/yellow poo poo.. sometimes will get yellowish green (i read online green poo maybe due to bb drink more foremilk than hind milk). When i see the bottle, i got more watery milk and the fatty layer is much lesser... how to get more hind milk? or increase the fat content of our milk?

How much is your bb drinking now? My bb is 6 weeks and drinking 120-130ml..

Snowycat

Hi baby052013
My 4 weeks old baby is drinking abt 90ml to 120ml, depending on issit a 2 hr feed or 3hr feed ( sometimes my baby sleeps more)

No worries , It is common for breast milk to become more watery over time , fat content lesser but nutrientsl value still the same

Latch on is better cos baby can have more hind milk than foremilk. Expressed milk also good but doesnt get so much hind mind than latch on
Jus read a magazine from kiddypalace, latch on is gd cos any germs baby has will pass to mum and mum will produce antibodies to the baby for the next day latch.

However i do have several friends whose baby dont want to latch on so they express milk totally which is fine too for the baby. Some friends baby is totally on formula also fine too, jus maybe might fall sick more easily .
Bottom line is dont get stressed if baby doesnt latch.. happy mummy = happy baby! my baby doesnt latch for one week when she had jaundice and my nipples bleed. Now she is latching on more often... Just that will wrestle with me ( use hands to push me away) before she drinks.. Haa.. Babies are ironic creatures.. Want to drink still push me away

Snowycat

Hi poppui
Personally i dont trust new maid too unless she is working with ur family for some time liao. I would choose infant care. But why send at 2 mths? Thot got 4 mths of maternity leave?

Maggiequek

If really have to choose, I choose infant care too. But can, choose a maid who have experience when it comes to taking care of babies.

Hi baby052013
My 4 weeks old baby is drinking abt 90ml to 120ml, depending on issit a 2 hr feed or 3hr feed ( sometimes my baby sleeps more)

No worries , It is common for breast milk to become more watery over time , fat content lesser but nutrientsl value still the same

Latch on is better cos baby can have more hind milk than foremilk. Expressed milk also good but doesnt get so much hind mind than latch on
Jus read a magazine from kiddypalace, latch on is gd cos any germs baby has will pass to mum and mum will produce antibodies to the baby for the next day latch.

However i do have several friends whose baby dont want to latch on so they express milk totally which is fine too for the baby. Some friends baby is totally on formula also fine too, jus maybe might fall sick more easily .
Bottom line is dont get stressed if baby doesnt latch.. happy mummy = happy baby! my baby doesnt latch for one week when she had jaundice and my nipples bleed. Now she is latching on more often... Just that will wrestle with me ( use hands to push me away) before she drinks.. Haa.. Babies are ironic creatures.. Want to drink still push me away
Hi snowycat,

Thank you for reassuring me! Initially was pretty stress out and couldnt zzz! cos i was giving formula to bb while i clear my engorgement, too hard on myself i guess. Now glad that im expressing out BM although not latching but at least still giving bb BM.. if really not enough, will supplement with formula..

Your bb so cute, wrestle with you before drink? haha cute.. when i try latch bb previously, he gets frustrated that he couldnt get milk from breast.. haha then he remove himself from breast and give me a sad look..

Hi mummies....anyone can share their total bill for Thomson medical? I need to know the updated cost. Thank you :)
Hi BDpanda, i stayed in a 2 bedded from 13th may - 15th may. FYI my total cost for normal vaginal delivery with epidural (2 days stay) is $5,133. This is include the 2 days hospital stay, partial gyn delivery cost (i paid $1,000 deposit previously-so $5133 has already taken the $1k into account), the anesthesiologist cost, PD cost for checking on bb during the 2 days, and some medical supplies that i use (eg, pads, gloves that nurse use blah blah)- basically they charge every single thing. Even the nursing cup that they gave me to feed bb! :nah:

cony

Hi mummies,

Need some advice about infant care & Maid. Which one is better to take care 2 months old baby.
Hi Poppui, I also vote for infant care. I would not leave my baby with a maid for a full day wo any supervision...

cony

Hi snowycat,

Thank you for reassuring me! Initially was pretty stress out and couldnt zzz! cos i was giving formula to bb while i clear my engorgement, too hard on myself i guess. Now glad that im expressing out BM although not latching but at least still giving bb BM.. if really not enough, will supplement with formula..

Your bb so cute, wrestle with you before drink? haha cute.. when i try latch bb previously, he gets frustrated that he couldnt get milk from breast.. haha then he remove himself from breast and give me a sad look..
Hi baby052013, I have a friend who bumped BM from baby birth until 6 month (never supplemented with formula). Cheer up! As far as it's a breast milk, it's really good for bb!

Snowycat, yup! Bb fully on Bm. Hopefully my milk supply stay up!

bdpanda, u can use $700 from medisave for gyn, $2100 for hospital stay.. So u 5133 minus 700 minus 2100 is ur cash outlay! my stay at 2 bedded not so gd.. My neighbors was on speaker phone at night..very inconsiderate..

Snowycat

Anyone has brought baby for one mth vaccination at polyclinic? Heard now the 2nd dose of hep B and 5 in 1 jab are free at polyclinic. Rotavirus is optional at $90 oral dose

The baby clinic that my baby goes to at mt alvernia is $150 for 6 in 1 jab.

ping87

Anyone has brought baby for one mth vaccination at polyclinic? Heard now the 2nd dose of hep B and 5 in 1 jab are free at polyclinic. Rotavirus is optional at $90 oral dose

The baby clinic that my baby goes to at mt alvernia is $150 for 6 in 1 jab.
My baby haven't go for second dosage.. Should be getting hers at KKH since will be going back for her first check up.