Edd Nov 2010

christine77sg

cookie>. I m nt using anything cos I chk w a few frens n many of thm say it is all in the genes. If mum has stretch marks, we will also hv...no matter hw much or wat type of lotion we apply. Two of my frens hv quite bad stretch marks n thy hv tried everything thy cn.

In my opinion, we hv to prevent itchiness caused by stretch marks cos heard fr my sis tat it cn b quite bad. She recommend me to always bath w doven put lots of it. Says it hlp.

Anyway, I hv stretch marks on my breasts nw. :eek: The most unimaginable pl.

PTB7476

for me i am using stretch mark cream recommended by gynae...
i just use for the sake of using... hahahaha like what Chris said... not 100% proven effective

fLin

Is anyone using normal body lotion instead of stretchmark lotion? can have the same effect?

Hi flin,
You going for your checkup today right? Do update us your progress :)
Im going down to Parentcraft center to make payment this sat... if you need any info about the classes i can help you check out.
Hey cookiemonster... bub was behaving and i could see his lil thingy sticking out... it's a boy!!! :) Now I can start shopping... hehehe...

When is the Sept class starting? Do we have to pre-pay in advance?

Hopefully you will be able to see your baby's gender this Saturday too! :))

fLin

for me i am using stretch mark cream recommended by gynae...
i just use for the sake of using... hahahaha like what Chris said... not 100% proven effective
which one are you using ah? I was at the pharmacy just now and wanted to buy palmers... but they have SO many types *pengsan*... not sure which one to buy!

Last edited:

cookiemonster

Hey cookiemonster... bub was behaving and i could see his lil thingy sticking out... it's a boy!!! :) Now I can start shopping... hehehe...

When is the Sept class starting? Do we have to pre-pay in advance?

Hopefully you will be able to see your baby's gender this Saturday too! :))
Congrats :)
hhaha ... yes... been talking to my bb and asking for cooperation too... wanna start shopping abit as well.

I cant remember the exact dates already ..but it is for 6 weeks... and the last class i remb is 1st week of Oct. There is also another class in Aug. Maybe I can check if they have a hardcopy schedule for your reference... once u signed up and confirm the class you need to pay it already.

fLin

hey cookiemonster.... :) did baby cooperate yesterday??

ptb - i dont't see your cream in the shops.. mebbe its prescription only...

Last edited:

PTB7476

hey cookiemonster.... :) did baby cooperate yesterday??

ptb - i dont't see your cream in the shops.. maybe its prescription only...
i too din see it in shops. but you can get some other brands at kiddy palaces or mothercare ....i read from another forum some mom uses Clarin price $70-$80

cookiemonster

Hi flin, yes yes .... thou he was sleeping he opened his leg to show us he is a boy... hahaha.... so excited.... i bought 2 cute socks to reward him... think im going crazy soon.. really hard to resist buying those cute stuff for my bibi.

btw went shopping for working pants yesterday it is really tough .. but luckily found a shop in vivo that sell reasonable pants for preggy.... anyone got any place for nice maternity wear to recommend too?

MargaretB

Hahaha....hmm interesting to know that...Congratulations!!! :Dancing_tongue:

PTB7476:
Do share with us when you know the gender of your baby. :001_302:

Btw I cannot fit in most of my pants/skirts, so I kept them away. I think its good to buy some maternity clothings at different stages.

I was also advice by my friend to buy more of top and bottom maternity clothings than to buy maternity dresses. She commented on this bec she has 2 colleagues who are preganant at the same time. She observed that the one who wear 2 piece maternity clothing looks more vibrant compared to the other one who wears maternity dress.

Well I guess its up to individual preference, but for me I think comfort is still most important.:001_302:

hehehe~ tq tq~ yeah.. a friend of mine is craving for fast food and fries too, so i'm waiting for her to tell me whether hers is boy or not. haha!

yaya, PTB7476, do share with us once u know about it.

i also prefer to get 2 piece mat clothing rather than mat dress.. or maybe because i don't really like to wear dress :001_302:

fLin

PTB - i'm currently using clarins stretch mark control. a friend gave it to me cos she was allergic to it!! it's a little bit expensive, and i was hoping to find other alternatives...

cookiemonster - congratulations!! :)) we can exchange notes on where to buy boy things. hubbie and i also went scouting in vivo and united sq yest for baby stuff, but didn't buy anything yet! lols... have to control... btw i bought a maternity belly belt in mothercare yesterday... it's to expand the jeans button so that i can still wear my normal jeans instead of buying new ones...

PTB7476

Hi flin, yes yes .... thou he was sleeping he opened his leg to show us he is a boy... hahaha.... so excited.... i bought 2 cute socks to reward him... think im going crazy soon.. really hard to resist buying those cute stuff for my bibi.

btw went shopping for working pants yesterday it is really tough .. but luckily found a shop in vivo that sell reasonable pants for preggy.... anyone got any place for nice maternity wear to recommend too?
vivo reasonable ? I personally prefer marina sq :p I find the shop at ms more reasonable

PTB7476

Was at robinson sale yesterday and bought a cot ( mattress+ pillowset + bedsheet set + 3 bottles) + playpen ( mattress+ bedsheet sheet) for only $434 :Dancing_tongue:

eurostar

stretch mark cream you girls can try going ocean or mingming at people park see see, price is cheaper by few dollars
I am using the 5th tube now.........really can feel tummy stretching more now.....so must apply more.............:)

Little BB

eurostar>>> I agree its cheaper to buy at Chinatown. :001_302:

cookiemonster>>> I have used bodyshop cocoa butter stretchmark cream but find it quite sticky after applying. Now using Clarins stretchmark cream, feels more comfortable because its not sticky. I guess stretchmark cream are richer and more moisturising than normal body lotion.

eurostar

yeh...jutst register antenatal classes starting aug at KKH for both me and hubby :)
excited.........feeling hungry now again

cookiemonster

Eurostar: i registered with Thomson medical for their antenatal class. They also told me to attend a later session cos they said they have been FTM who attended earlier session and then ask for refresher class later cos they have forgetten things tot too. I am going for Sep class that will end at 1st week of oct.
Seems the KK one is much cheaper. Im a FTM so i definately need to attend this kind of class.

PTB: What are the shops u recommend in Marina Sq?

Flin: How does the maternity belt helps in expanding the jeans huh? Tot those belt is meant to support the tummy?

PTB7476

Eurostar: i registered with Thomson medical for their antenatal class. They also told me to attend a later session cos they said they have been FTM who attended earlier session and then ask for refresher class later cos they have forgetten things thought too. I am going for Sep class that will end at 1st week of oct.
Seems the KK one is much cheaper. Im a FTM so i definately need to attend this kind of class.

PTB: What are the shops you recommend in Marina Sq?

Flin: How does the maternity belt helps in expanding the jeans huh? thought those belt is meant to support the tummy?
maternity house and maternity exchange ..but then OG also carry maternity house clothes and IMHO it is cheaper to get at OG than their boutique :001_302:

fLin

Eurostar: i registered with Thomson medical for their antenatal class. They also told me to attend a later session cos they said they have been FTM who attended earlier session and then ask for refresher class later cos they have forgetten things thought too. I am going for Sep class that will end at 1st week of oct.

PTB: What are the shops you recommend in Marina Sq?

Flin: How does the maternity belt helps in expanding the jeans huh? thought those belt is meant to support the tummy?
cookiemonster : this one is just to extend the "buttons" for your jeans...i'll send you a link... i think the tummy support is for later stage when the tummy is bigger?

is everyone's belly showing already? mine is not .. just look like flabby tummy... sometimes wobbly sometimes firm! lols..