Edd nov 2011

hotmilktea

Yup, son and my blood group is diff.
But ur doc allow u to gv BM still? Y my doc ask me to stop ?
I gv him half half already coz he is not pooing at all drinking formula.

Does my son still need to test blood for his review tmr? I really hate that!

Hi hotmilktea,
I can understand how you feel. My baby also admitted to hospital on day 7 due to super high jaundice too. My baby also keeps crying till his face turn red and no voice during the blood drawn, think the doctor inexperience coz she took long time to draw his blood.
I had my blood drawn by a nurse too coz the doctor said the different blood group could be one of the factor. If a breastfed baby has a different blood type than the mother, the mother might produce antibodies that destroy the infant's red blood cells. This creates a sudden buildup of bilirubin in the baby's blood.
The doctor still encouraged me to continue breastfeed and she even asked me to express milk to feed my baby during hospital stays. He was under double-blue light treatment.
He finally can discharged from joundice after week 7 :) Now he's 9 weeks and gaining weight :)
Jia you! hope he get well soon :)

didy

hi mummies, finally i have some time and energy to surf internet on my laptop! all the while i've been surfing the internet only on my handphone when my baby is latching on.

yeah being a mummy are really not easy. my baby also had jaundice a few days ago, but not too high, so doctor allowed me to rent the photo bed so that baby can do photo therapy at home. when i brought baby for check up, they needed to do blood test to check the jaundice level.. the moment they prick my baby's foot and he started crying, my tears started to flow down too! so heart pain! after that my baby stopped crying, my tears still flowing.. aiyo.... everytime see baby sleeping soundly, contented after feeding from my breast.. i will feel so much love. i guess i am starting to feel motherhood.. haha

confinement is such a torture. especially the bathing part. cannot bathe... feel pek chek cos feel really dirty and unhygenic, especially we sweat alot when breastfeeding and when we mummies eat. even when we bathe, have to use the herbs, so ma fan and machiam like suana.. come out sweat agan. want to be rebellious and bathe everyday, but also scared of the consequences. haiiii... and also with all the hormones running in the body sometimes i just feel like crying, or shouting at someone.

aiyo...

tahan 2 more weeks and my confinement will be over. hopefully after that, i can find back my own life and my own soul! but for now, my son is keeping me strong.

jia you to all mummies!!! :wong19:

missyqiqi

didy: tahan!! yap must think when u old already hor, all the problems will look for u, so must tahan!! Be positive also ok.. :) Jia you!!

Jia you to Didy and hotmilktea :wong29:

any mommy pop??

Ohya mommyjan doing c-sect today right? Wonder how she's doing!

I'm already in the stoning mode waiting for my precious to come out only.. -.-

hotmilktea

thanx thanx qiqi.

we are coping ok, i suppose ! for both of us, dealing with the blood test for jaundice is quite painful, esp when i hear his cries...heart break. i think my mum n hubby scare i fell into depression when my son was hospitalized for the 3 days coz i cried non stop! but glad its over. he still got jaundice, but is definitely much better. Coping with breastfeeding is easy, just demanding and tiring to wake up in the night to feed, and sometimes baby very teh, got to carry him a lot.

by the way, i m not sure why my private part hurt, not my wound hurt, not pain when urine, not just the vagina, but is like the whole area hurt.
anyone know why?

MUMMY JAN, JIA YOU JIA YOU !

Mummy to Baby V

Yup, son and my blood group is diff.
But ur doc allow u to gv BM still? Y my doc ask me to stop ?
I gv him half half already coz he is not pooing at all drinking formula.

Does my son still need to test blood for his review tmr? I really hate that!
My first boy had really high jaundice too. Our paed is very pro-breastfeeding, so encourageed me to continue breastfeeding. The yellowish poo poo will help reduce the jaundice eventually, though more slowly than if simply stop breastfeeding. But breastfeeding has many health benefits, so it's good to continue. (Moreover, if just stop, some mothers may have trouble re-establishing breastfeeding again.)

I shared in an article here: Why breastfeeding should continue when newborn has Jaundice | Mummy's Reviews

Have faith that the jaundice will eventually go away, after several weeks. As long as within the safe range (where phototherapy is no longer needed), baby will be ok soon. All the best! :)

Mummy to Baby V

And btw, I just had checkup today. Baby's well engaged, just waiting for him to pop when he's ready. Hopefully this weekend and during the daytime.

Congrats to all mummies who have delivered safely! :)

Sherwawa

Dear mummies

I jus delivered my bb boy on 1.11.11 at 1303hrs at operating room 1 via c-section in MAH. It's seems dat it is a very busy day cos I overheard the nurses saying that the labour ward is full n there r 14 c-sections on 1 nov. My surgery was smooth and uneventful. I felt pain free n alert after the surgery. However, my bb boy is in NIcU now for monitoring. At first, I was told dat my bb required warmer for 1-2hrs. Den after dat, my bb needed to go to NIcU to monitor his rapid breathing n heart beats for 6hrs. The PD wanted my bb to ve a feeding tube inserted cos my bb breathing may caused inefficient sucking. More den 6hrs later, a drip was inserted to my bb cos he s nt taking e FM, nt even 5mls! Well, it's alr 2am nw more den 12 hrs after my boy was delivered n I ve nt cuddle him, nt to mention breast feeding. I hope he will be alright by morning:(

Hotmilktea: may our babies get well soon!

Mievee: thanks for sharing the useful infor.

Didy: let's pull thru our confinement period..

hotmilktea

Hi Sherwawa
First, CONGRATS!!! first nov mummy to pop. Yah, of coz 1/11 is a popular date, I presume 20/11 will be more!
U must hv felt so worry abt ur son :( I also very worry during his first few days .
Confinement so far is ok, since my mum is doing for me. But I screwed up coz son was admitted in hospital and I travel to and fro and didn't eat and bath in the night!!! Anyway now I am trying to be good.

Jia you! Don't stress on breastfeeding, the more u stress the harder u feel :)
Rest well ok, u need the rest now or never!

Dear mummies

I jus delivered my bb boy on 1.11.11 at 1303hrs at operating room 1 via c-section in MAH. It's seems dat it is a very busy day cos I overheard the nurses saying that the labour ward is full n there r 14 c-sections on 1 nov. My surgery was smooth and uneventful. I felt pain free n alert after the surgery. However, my bb boy is in NIcU now for monitoring. At first, I was told dat my bb required warmer for 1-2hrs. Den after dat, my bb needed to go to NIcU to monitor his rapid breathing n heart beats for 6hrs. The PD wanted my bb to ve a feeding tube inserted cos my bb breathing may caused inefficient sucking. More den 6hrs later, a drip was inserted to my bb cos he s nt taking e FM, nt even 5mls! Well, it's alr 2am nw more den 12 hrs after my boy was delivered n I ve nt cuddle him, nt to mention breast feeding. I hope he will be alright by morning:(

Hotmilktea: may our babies get well soon!

Mievee: thanks for sharing the useful infor.

Didy: let's pull thru our confinement period..

durianfan

Sherwawa - congratulations to your new bundle of joy :001_302: hug hug - I am sure you can cuddle your baby soon. Pls rest well too.

Hotmilktea & didy - hang in there.. being first time mum is not easy.. Jia you.
*envy mode on* can cuddle your baby and watch him sleep contentedly, etc... I also look forward to that soon.. 4 more weeks to go..

Last sat, I was so worried.. baby didn't move from 5.30pm till night and I went to labour ward to monitor his heartbeat.. Nurse said baby was alright after an hour of monitoring and went home around 12 midnite after obtaining clearance from gynae.

Sunday I was so tired and slept almost the whole day.. Past 2 days, I kept on monitoring baby's movement.. his movements were gentle, sometimes there was only one gentle kick / movement every one or two hour. Is this normal ? Being first time preggy, I don't know if I am being paranoid..

hotmilktea

My baby sometimes also kick less forceful, I was also very gan jeong. But I thin sometimes they also lethargic?
So long there are movements, sld be fine. But of coz if u feel uneasy, go to ur gynae rightaway.

Enjoy urself now, sleep more, eat even more!
After u gv birth, u lose ur sleep and then u wanna get back ur figure u wun eat anymore :x
Now I super stress to regain my figure back. Haha. Let's see whether it is true that BF can lose weight fast :x

didy

congrats sherwawa! did your hubby come back in time for the delivery? 1 nov is a really nice date! :wong19:

hotmilktea, i am experiencing the same soreness/pain at the vagina area. cannot stand or walk too long. but its getting better.. so i guess its the healing process

escago

Congrats Sherwawa! Glad that it was a smooth delivery process for you and hope your baby will be alright soon :)
Take care and rest well!

To Didy and hotmilktea, here's wishing you a speedy recovery and I really envy you ladies that you are already bonding with your babies now ... I am so looking forward to that day for myself haha.

Cheers!

YATIE75

Am so envy to those mummies who have already pop out and me still have to wait for 4 more weeks but how i wish my gynae will tell me that i am ready to go to labour when i go for my next check up on 9 Nov. Really feel very heavy now and even walking make me feel pain at my lower abdoment. Everyday i have to drag myself to go to work .... :0(

Am so envy to those mummies who have already pop out and me still have to wait for 4 more weeks but how i wish my gynae will tell me that i am ready to go to labour when i go for my next check up on 9 Nov. Really feel very heavy now and even walking make me feel pain at my lower abdoment. Everyday i have to drag myself to go to work .... :0(
Hi yatie75.....my next check up oso on 9 Nov....looking forward to see bb again...can't wait for bb to pop. Hehehe....

missyqiqi

Sherwawa: Congrats!! haha.. 1.11.2011 is a good date, actually this month got a lot of good dates. 01, 11 and 20.. haha.. the hospital will be damm busy..

yap breast feeding don't stress, relax and ask ur mother or call the BF help line if u can't manage.

durianfan: lucky ur baby is alright :), I can understand ur paranoid. Baby nvr move also worried, move too much I also worried. -.-" Some more me in medical line I tend to worried even more like health, delivery process etc.. I think I'm just stressing myself for nothing.

Now on stoning mood, till I give birth, not going to do anything, just relax at home and at work, lucky, my bosses is taking turns to take leave so I can relax more. :p

My gynae visit is next tue on the 8, going to check my cervix dilation, not sure when she will want to come out.. don't really like the waiting game.. Hahaha..

vis

hihi,

my baby gal had popped this mon early morning 31.10.2011.. din expected her to come out 2 weeks earlier which my EDD is on 15 nov. totally unprepared,haha
coz there is no pain/contractions beforehand.. :D

it was a fast labour, natural without epidural. now so far still doing good with my baby gal at my mum's place doing confinement..

my baby gal is quite small weight and thus i hope she grow up and gain more weight soon..

Jiayou to all mummies, soon it will be ur turn!!

missyqiqi

OMG VIS u pop already!! :Dancing_wub::Dancing_wub:

congrats!! so nice and envy, my one getting too comfy inside..

So nice, hopefully mine will be as smooth as yours, natural without epidural.. I scared my bb girl too big.. T.T coz at 36 weeks she's 3kg..

So nice, 4 mommy have gave birth already!! all must take care and rest well!!

hihi,

my baby gal had popped this mon early morning 31.10.2011.. did not expected her to come out 2 weeks earlier which my EDD is on 15 nov. totally unprepared,haha

it was a fast labour, natural without epidural. now so far still doing good with my baby gal at my mum's place doing confinement..

my baby gal is quite small weight and thus i hope she grow up and gain more weight soon..

Jiayou to all mummies, soon it will be your turn!!
Congrats vis! :Dancing_wub:

Rest well :)

YATIE75

hihi,

my baby gal had popped this mon early morning 31.10.2011.. din expected her to come out 2 weeks earlier which my EDD is on 15 nov. totally unprepared,haha

Jiayou to all mummies, soon it will be ur turn!!
Congrats Vis ,

Take care and rest well and now u can cuddle yr little princess in your arm ... while we are still on the waiting game ....:)

licic

Dear All Mummies and Mummies to be in Nov, I just registered here and having a baby gal EDD on 11-11-11.
I'm pretty nervous now since have decided to go for natural delievery...hopefully everything goes smoothly, and best wishes to rest of Mummies and Mummies to be. :)