Edd nov 2011

hotmilktea

Now afternoon so hot and if I off the air con, I will take off his socks. But I will keep touching to make sure not cold.

My boy same same... Not only that, he also bites/ sucks his fingers and the mittens are full of his saliva. Then he rub his whole face with the mittens!! facial loh!! When he wakes up, there will be red patches here and there...

Mummies - do you let your baby wear socks the whole day ? Is it ok to let him bare foot (other than sleeping time) ?

How / Where do you "sit" the baby when playing / talking to him ? I usually put him in the bouncer. Sometimes I sit him against my back and talk to him but no eye contact.. Besides the bouncer, any other way to sit him and yet have eye contact ?

yingzy

My boy same same... Not only that, he also bites/ sucks his fingers and the mittens are full of his saliva. Then he rub his whole face with the mittens!! facial loh!! When he wakes up, there will be red patches here and there...

Mummies - do you let your baby wear socks the whole day ? Is it ok to let him bare foot (other than sleeping time) ?

How / Where do you "sit" the baby when playing / talking to him ? I usually put him in the bouncer. Sometimes I sit him against my back and talk to him but no eye contact.. Besides the bouncer, any other way to sit him and yet have eye contact ?
another way is u sit on e sofa or bed (u hv to lean against something), put ur legs up so that your whole body form a V-shape and place ur boy on ur thighs. this way u can play with him, talk/sing to him with eye contacts :) and also a good way to train him to sit up by letting him grab ur thumbs and slowly pull him towards u... my boy love it! sometimes i even let him sit on my tummy (with my hands supporting on his torso).

BTW...anyone bought their babies to swimming?

Last edited:

hotmilktea

yah lor, i also very put off by their hard sell, so annoying i cannot enjoy playing with my son.

they are too young to be exposed to public pool now.

i bought him to babyspa to try too...but e lady there too hardselling.. abit scared off by them... i was wondering is it ok to bring babies to condo's pool to swim?

Attachments

Last edited:

Mummy to Baby V

Exercises / games:
- tummy time
- help him to learn to roll over (back to front, and front to back)
- put him on tummy and give his feet a little support to help him learn to push forward and crawl
- Hold his armpits and do a few jumps
- practice clapping hands
- touch different body parts and name them in different languages
- sit on dressing table facing mirror, talk, tell him which is baby, which is Mummy (my boy loves this, smiles sweetly every time we do this)
- carry him and dance to music

Socks: let him wear onesie that cover feet in air-con room or outdoors. If no air-con, then feet exposed. Should be ok, he needs to feel things with his feet. Baby's hands and feet tend to feel cool or colder than average, when he is actually not cold.

Swimming: better to go to public pool after 6 months immunization jab. I brought my elder boy to a condo pool only at about 10 months old. Before that, he used our small personal inflatable pool at home.

Also, young breastfed baby may poo explosively anytime. Very unhygienic if accidentally poo when swimming. Swim diapers may not contain everything well enough.

durianfan

yah , i also very put off by their hard sell, so annoying i cannot enjoy playing with my son.

they are too young to be exposed to public pool now.

Your son is very cute.. looks like he enjoy the swimming session.

When did you start bringing your baby to babyspa ? How much did you pay for the pool ?

durianfan

another way is u sit on e sofa or bed (u hv to lean against something), put ur legs up so that your whole body form a V-shape and place ur boy on ur thighs. this way u can play with him, talk/sing to him with eye contacts :) and also a good way to train him to sit up by letting him grab ur thumbs and slowly pull him towards u... my boy love it! sometimes i even let him sit on my tummy (with my hands supporting on his torso).

BTW...anyone bought their babies to swimming?
Yingzy, thanks for sharing. will try that out.

yingzy

so did u sign up e package? i realise dey like to put e rubber ducky on their head and force u to take a photo right? haha!

hotmilktea

Yah, he likes to play water, thats y I bought the pool home and let him swim once a week.
babyspa cost $33 + $2 for disposable swim diaper. He went about 2mths like that I think.

Your son is very cute.. looks like he enjoy the swimming session.

When did you start bringing your baby to babyspa ? How much did you pay for the pool ?

hotmilktea

No I didn't sign! Don't like to be push like that.
Anyway when baby bigger I will bring him to pool, is much fun then alone in the small tub!

so did u sign up e package? i realise dey like to put e rubber ducky on their head and force u to take a photo right? haha!

durianfan

MieVee, thanks for sharing the games / play time ideas.

Hotmilktea - do you have to buy the specialized float for baby's usage at home too ?

Today, I felt so lousy. Ironically it started on a happy note. Yesterday I tried to let baby self soothe himself to sleep and he did. For the first time, he slept through the night and woke up this morning smiling. He usually wake up crying for milk.

He became cranky from late morning and it lasted till 10pm. I am so drained... He cried for milk but drank little.. In fact his overall consumption for today is the lowest. When he wanted to nap, he became grouchy and kept crying.. need to carry him till he sleeps.. the moment i placed him on the bed, he woke up crying again.. He wanted to be carried even during nap. very clingy. I had to guess what he wanted today.. tried to make him happy and smile with a tiny bit of success and it lasted for a short while before he cry again.

Plus have to do housework and cook dinner.. really no energy..

hotmilktea

Yes, is the float that baby spa use for infant, very safe coz it fit nicely.

On some days I also have to deal with my son like u did today. It's really exhausting.
could it be his tummy not well that's why he is not drinking well and being cranky?
Did u rub ruyi oil on his tummy ? It could be wind.

But really on some days, they are just being cranky.

U are still good! Still can cook ! For me I can only do his laundry that's all.
I can don't eat but I need a shower and a sleep :)

MieVee, thanks for sharing the games / play time ideas.

Hotmilktea - do you have to buy the specialized float for baby's usage at home too ?

Today, I felt so lousy. Ironically it started on a happy note. Yesterday I tried to let baby self soothe himself to sleep and he did. For the first time, he slept through the night and woke up this morning smiling. He usually wake up crying for milk.

He became cranky from late morning and it lasted till 10pm. I am so drained... He cried for milk but drank little.. In fact his overall consumption for today is the lowest. When he wanted to nap, he became grouchy and kept crying.. need to carry him till he sleeps.. the moment i placed him on the bed, he woke up crying again.. He wanted to be carried even during nap. very clingy. I had to guess what he wanted today.. tried to make him happy and smile with a tiny bit of success and it lasted for a short while before he cry again.

Plus have to do housework and cook dinner.. really no energy..

Sherwawa

Happy V day to all mummies! Isnt' it great Dat we ve bunnies to celebrate wif us?

Looks like baby spa is a must go for all bb, at least once. I ve yet to bring my boy to bb spa. After hearing their hard sell tactics, it does put me off a little. I saw united sq is selling those neck float for abt $10 less den Wat bb spa is selling.

Durianfan: sounds like u really ve a tiring day. I'm amazed Dat u can manage to cook n do housework. U r truly a wonder woman, I take my hat off u:) I read in some articles Dat bb den to b a little more fussy during grow spurts n so happens Dat in their third month Dey will experience grow spurt. For me, I'm very KS every time wen my bb fusses a lot I wld measure his temperature. I find e sling most effective... I use it whenever my bb is cranky.

yingzy

Happy V day to all mummies! Isnt' it great Dat we ve bunnies to celebrate wif us?

Looks like baby spa is a must go for all bb, at least once. I ve yet to bring my boy to bb spa. After hearing their hard sell tactics, it does put me off a little. I saw united sq is selling those neck float for abt $10 less den Wat bb spa is selling.

Durianfan: sounds like u really ve a tiring day. I'm amazed Dat u can manage to cook n do housework. U r truly a wonder woman, I take my hat off u:) I read in some articles Dat bb den to b a little more fussy during grow spurts n so happens Dat in their third month Dey will experience grow spurt. For me, I'm very KS every time wen my bb fusses a lot I wld measure his temperature. I find e sling most effective... I use it whenever my bb is cranky.
Hi Sherwawa, u saw e neck float at united square which outlet? roughly how much? i wana get that for my son :)

Sherwawa

Hi Sherwawa, u saw e neck float at united square which outlet? roughly how much? i wana get that for my son :)
Yingzy,

The shop name is mum n baby located ST first floor, same as fox n espirit. $9.9 each without pump. Another nicer design comes wif pump $40.

durianfan

Hotmilktea & sherwawa - Thanks for the encouragement. I am feeling much better today. Yah, on some days, they are just cranky.. Today, his eyes big big and refused to sleep till 11+..

Yes, I rubbed ru yi oil on his tummy twice a day - morning and evening.

I also hope it's growth spurt but judging from his milk intake :( his face looks sharper instead of rounder now :( I also KS like you.. when he's fussy, the first thing I do is to touch his forehead. keke... Btw, which brand and what type of thermometer do you use ? I want to change mine. Currently using pigeon but it takes forever to beep.. my boy no patience to wait for so long.

I also use the sling especially when he doesn't nap long. will put him in cradle hold position and he sleep soundly for at least an hour which will give me time to catch up with my housework / reading / whatever i want to do... sometimes just sit on the sofa and enjoy the silence.. but when he is cranky, he will refuse the cradle hold position, he kick his legs vigoriously to protest until I bring him out from the sling..

what other positions do you carry your baby in with your sling that helps when he is cranky ?

hotmilktea

Rub ruyi oil during every diaper change :)

I use Braun thermometer using ear to scan, super fast. I got from guardian pharmacy.

For me, I don't sling him at home, if he awake I am usually by his side , if I really need to be away I put him on his rocker.
cant be too long ! Only can wash bottles, eat fast fast. Not enough time to shower for sure!

I think at 3mths, u can carry him facing out instead of cradle. My baby prefer to face out in my sling pouch.

Hotmilktea & sherwawa - Thanks for the encouragement. I am feeling much better today. Yah, on some days, they are just cranky.. Today, his eyes big big and refused to sleep till 11+..

Yes, I rubbed ru yi oil on his tummy twice a day - morning and evening.

I also hope it's growth spurt but judging from his milk intake :( his face looks sharper instead of rounder now :( I also KS like you.. when he's fussy, the first thing I do is to touch his forehead. keke... Btw, which brand and what type of thermometer do you use ? I want to change mine. Currently using pigeon but it takes forever to beep.. my boy no patience to wait for so long.

I also use the sling especially when he doesn't nap long. will put him in cradle hold position and he sleep soundly for at least an hour which will give me time to catch up with my housework / reading / whatever i want to do... sometimes just sit on the sofa and enjoy the silence.. but when he is cranky, he will refuse the cradle hold position, he kick his legs vigoriously to protest until I bring him out from the sling..

what other positions do you carry your baby in with your sling that helps when he is cranky ?

Sherwawa

Durianfan

I also use Braun ear thermometer. It detects temperature within sec. Guardian is selling at $145 n KP is having a promo at $131. I think it's common for bb to drink lesser wen Dey r 3 mths. Mine too, he cant even finish his usual 120 ml.