Edd nov 2011

hotmilktea

Hi girls.. my EDD is also in early november. I guess we are all in the same week now? :Dancing_wub:

only difference is that i am living overseas now, but i will be going back to sgp to deliver. :wong19:
congrats!
good for u, u can shop for better maternity wear, the range here is so limited and expensive, i bot mine all online overseas.

Dion Loh

1st Trimester Test

Hello to all the Mummies here,
I just found out I'm pregnant 2 weeks ago and my EDD is 11/11/11.
I'm currently 6 weeks 4 days pregnant. my doc is Dr Esther Ng and most likely will give birth @ Mount A..
Wanted to find out more abt the test during 1st trimester.
pls share!!

hotmilktea

Re: 1st Trimester Test

I'm currently 6 weeks 4 days pregnant. my doc is Dr Esther Ng and most likely will give birth @ Mount A..
pls share!!
hi dion, congrats!
the test for 1st tri is very basic, only for HIV,STDs, Rubella etc...and urine test as well.
the NT scan - will be around week 11 to week 13 - that is the initial scan for down syndrome.

MummyJan

Re: 1st Trimester Test

pls share!!
Congratz dion!! Mine only a week older than u.... lolx

I just had blood test for HIV yesterday... Urine test nt yet!!

didy

halo girls!

I just came back from gynae visit today. my EDD is 6th Nov!

Today I did some blood test and urine tests. And also did a scan and saw my baby in the "bag" (sorry dont know whats the medical term for it) and saw my baby's heart beating! It looks like a flickering star on the screen. Am so happy and relieved :wong19:

Do anyone know of a very pro-breastfeeding gynae? I need to find one when i come back to singapore in my 2nd trimester..

hotmilktea

halo girls!

I just came back from gynae visit today. my EDD is 6th Nov!

Today I did some blood test and urine tests. And also did a scan and saw my baby in the "bag" (sorry dont know whats the medical term for it) and saw my baby's heart beating! It looks like a flickering star on the screen. Am so happy and relieved :wong19:

Do anyone know of a very pro-breastfeeding gynae? I need to find one when i come back to singapore in my 2nd trimester..
haha...is called the sac ! is amazing right...i saw mine at week 6. and i wun get to see my baby untill next wed, which is week 9. i am so excited too!

btw, most gynaes here are already pro-breastfeeding, at least mine is. my gynae is from gleneagles, so i am also giving birth there.
if you like his contacts, i can also give you. when are you coming back ?

didy

haha...is called the sac ! is amazing right...i saw mine at week 6. and i wun get to see my baby untill next wed, which is week 9. i am so excited too!

btw, most gynaes here are already pro-breastfeeding, at least mine is. my gynae is from gleneagles, so i am also giving birth there.
if you like his contacts, i can also give you. when are you coming back ?
yah its so amazing! update us on ur next gynae visit!

i am scheduling to come back in july during the 2nd trimester.

my brother and sis in law just gave birth to my nephew last yr, also in gleneagles. but am not sure what is the gynae's name. what is ur gynae's name? the reason why i am asking for a pro-breastfeeding gynae is that cos i read somewhere that it is very impt to have good information and guidance when it comes to breastfeeding. and what i hear of my bro's gynae is that she very "anyhow" on breastfeeding. what happened what that my sis in law thinks she got not enough breastmilk.. then the gynae just tell her "oh some pple are naturally no milk one" and she even say she also naturally no milk. so in the end my sis in law did not even breast feed for even a week, she gave up. but i think... should not be "not enough milk" maybe the milk havent come in yet... but because of what the gynae said, she think she fall in the category of "not enough milk" then she give up. but if she determined abit, maybe the milk will start to come in. thats why i want someone who is very enouraging on breastfeeding, and not so "sui bian" like my bro's gynae...

hotmilktea

i am not sure whether my gynae is pro breast feeding or not. but actually wat ur bro's gynae say also true, we will often hear this kind of remarks. actually to me, the main influence is not from the gynae himself, because he is mainly responsible for ur health from your pregnancy till your delivery, after that, he will look after ur stitches. whereas for me i feel the nurses that are there plays important part, they are the one tat will guide u how to breast feed. also, the mother has to be very determined and not give up easily no matter what pple say. i want to breastfeed my baby for sure, esp i am not working, i will do my best to give all the milk i has!

BUT, this is my first, so i am not the best person to say...but i really thought i wun see my gynae anymore after he delivered my baby.

my gynae is Dr Tan Hang Yang.

didy

hi hotmilktea, how was ur recent visit to ur gynae? i just went to see my gynae.. at 9week+, my baby is 2.5cm. my gynae say my baby grew alot, but looking at internet, iphone apps etc, my baby seems to be on smaller side. do you know the length of ur baby? is 2.5cm at our gestation age normal?

hotmilktea

hey didy,
yup, not to worry, during my last appt which was 8 weeks and 6 days, my baby is 2.2cm. i wld say both of us are very close?
my doc say is a correct size for a week 9 baby.
the internet etc info are mostly ang mo based i suppose?

hi hotmilktea, how was ur recent visit to ur gynae? i just went to see my gynae.. at 9week+, my baby is 2.5cm. my gynae say my baby grew alot, but looking at internet, iphone apps etc, my baby seems to be on smaller side. do you know the length of ur baby? is 2.5cm at our gestation age normal?

hotmilktea

for now, your baby is the youngest bunny here ! :)
how are u feeling now? any MS or other unbearable stuffs?

i am still having nausea everyday, at different times, just WEK WEK WEK...but nothing comes out, has been like this since week 6 till now.
i am about 2 weeks to 3 mths...hopeful all this will go off :(

my EDD is 28 Nov :)

didy

hey didy,
yup, not to worry, during my last appt which was 8 weeks and 6 days, my baby is 2.2cm. i wld say both of us are very close?
my doc say is a correct size for a week 9 baby.
the internet etc info are mostly ang mo based i suppose?
yeah i guess so too, i tried looking for asian size but couldn't find any.. haha

ok glad to know we are quite close :)

jazz_sofia

hey mummies...im new here...my edd is 18th nov...i have appt with ob on 9apr...hoping this time we could see and hear my little sweet angel...last time i visited ob, i had ultrasound but we didnt see my baby...only the sac...quiet heartbreaking for me...as doctor said if by 9apr we wont see the baby then it means its a failed pregnancy...i was so so so sad...but im having high hopes and pray pray pray thats its a good news on 9apr...keeping my self into positive thots...

Starrie

Hi Mummies, this is my first post here. My EDD is on 8th Nov 2011 :)

I am in the 9th weeks of pregnancy. I had ultrasound yesterday..can hear the baby's heartbeat oledi..so exicted.

Congratulation to all mom-to-be!!

didy

hey mummies...im new here...my edd is 18th nov...i have appt with ob on 9apr...hoping this time we could see and hear my little sweet angel...last time i visited ob, i had ultrasound but we didnt see my baby...only the sac...quiet heartbreaking for me...as doctor said if by 9apr we wont see the baby then it means its a failed pregnancy...i was so so so sad...but im having high hopes and pray pray pray thats its a good news on 9apr...keeping my self into positive thots...
don't worry jazz sofia, maintain a positive mood, and try to occupy your time with other things so that you wont keep thinking about it. 9 apr is just 3 days away.. good luck, and baby dust to u! :)

didy

Hi Mummies, this is my first post here. My EDD is on 8th Nov 2011 :)

I am in the 9th weeks of pregnancy. I had ultrasound yesterday..can hear the baby's heartbeat oledi..so exicted.

Congratulation to all mom-to-be!!
Hi starrie!! congrats!! my EDD is 6th Nov, so very close to yours! which gynae are you with and which hospital are you going to deliver in? so far the gynae only did transvaginal scan for me, so only saw my baby's heartbeat, never hear anything. haha but its the same i guess! we are all excited!

Starrie

Hi Didy, I choose female gynae (Dr Heng Tung Lan) from Parkway East Medical Centre. How about you? my next appoinment is in May, maybe I can know my baby's gender by then :)