EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

Hi all

My bb is 6 weeks now..she drink 80ml express breast milk. Is it little? should i increase gradually? Can know how much ur bb drink now?

Also, think most of ur cl just leave..anyone has very good confinement lady to recommend? My own is not good..rough with bb n complain alot. Wan to help my sis to find one. Can email me : barney_bby@yahoo.com.sg. Thanks :)

Shirix

Hi Barney,

Does your baby drink every 3 hrs?? Mine also drink between 50-70ml each time. Whole day drink abt 400 to 500ml.. I also feel that it's too little but my mum said coz it's a girl and she's small size so should be ok...

Hi Shirix

My bb tis few days start to drink 3hrs n I give 80ml each time. I thinking to add more ml but worry she can't finish n waste breast milk. So checking how's the other bb doing now. :)

Hi b zhai & joansis

do u still feel pain at the knuckles? My finger knuckles still pain as last time n whole body like no energy still. Still not enough sleep..sleeping like 2hrs twice at nite per day. How's the rest of u? Wan to get some encouragement here. Tks :)

MSK

My baby usually drinks every 2 to 2.5 hours, 90 ml... But dunno why these 2 days she only drinks every 3-4 hours, and sometimes she wants slightly more like 120 ml... She is almost 5 weeks. I just follow the formula to determine if she is drinking enough...

GG2012

My baby usually drinks 100-120 ml every 3 hrs (formulae milk), she is 5 weeks+ now.
But today, she drank so little everytime then fell asleep, but woke up very soon then drank little again. Duno is she just too sleepy or any uncomfortable.

I sleep 1.5-2 hrs btw her meal every nite until morning, always feel not enough too...so need to take some rest at day time, at least take 0.5 - 1 hr nap.
Jia you barneybaby, u r not alone. As long as our babies are healthy, all worth it^^
I dun have that finger problem, did u check with ur gynae ? May be u try to not touch cold water?!

PockyMummy

My boy now 4weeks old also drink 100-120ml every 2.5-3 hours.. Sometimes at night he will cry for milk an hour after his last feed.. Sometimes I also wonder am I overfeeding him because my family doctor ask me how much milk am I feeding him? 60-80ml arh? I told her NOPE, he's drinking 100-120ml.. Then she was like WOW!!! LOL!

PockyMummy

Just held finish my boy full month celebration on Saturday, everything goes well.. Actually XINYIPIN catering not bad, their portion quite alot.. My grandfather told me if compare with neo-garden, XinYiPin is better.. =) but I only can see but not eat due to I'm doing my confinement for 40days.. Sigh!!

Hi Mummies

tks for ur feedback..seems my bb might hv to up her ml. :)

gynae say hand knuckles pain due to water retention!!??? Got it after 2nd day of delivery till now. :( he say take time to recover..don't know true anot?

Hi GG

u mean day time u overall nap 0.5 to 1hr? If yes, I same as u..but I really can't tahan not enough sleep..walk around hse like no energy with wobbly legs. :)

B zhai

Hi Barneybaby my knuckles r fine now. But mine started since pregnant so maybe urs will heal later.

My baby drinks 100ml every 2 hrs. These 2 days I give her 100-120ml and she can last longer like 3hrs. Hehe!

Does ur babies like to poo when u r holding them? My bb will fart or poo sometimes when I'm holding her. Will feel vibration at her butt or fart sound. Haha! So funny! :)

B zhai

Hi teriwinkle n mummies, how do I put my bb photo ah? Like when u all reply ur profile photo appears in the left. I'm accessing mummysg fr iPhone. Can teach me? I wanna put b zhai pic.. Heh heh heh.. >_<

MSK

Hi B zhai, ya my baby farts quite often too! No need to feel cos can hear and smell her fart! Lol... But farting is quite good cos helps to remove wind from their tummy :)

Mummies, are you still swaddling your baby? My girl now doesnt like to have her hands constrained by the swaddle, she keeps protesting and struggles to free her hands, so I have not been swaddling her hands these few days... But I notice that she gets startled in her sleep more easily as her hands move about...

nature59

Hi B zhai, ya my baby farts quite often too! No need to feel cos can hear and smell her fart! Lol... But farting is quite good cos helps to remove wind from their tummy :)

Mummies, are you still swaddling your baby? My girl now doesnt like to have her hands constrained by the swaddle, she keeps protesting and struggles to free her hands, so I have not been swaddling her hands these few days... But I notice that she gets startled in her sleep more easily as her hands move about...
I don't constrain my boys hands as well. I put the beanie bag across his chest so that he dun get startled easily.

I've stopped swaddling after he's a week old because he doesn't like to have his hands swaddle up n yah, he doesn't startle more easily but since cannot swaddle him back then no choice. Really regret though.

I was having the same question abt feeding too. My boy has been drinking weirdly these few days. He will drink like 30-40ml then stopped n be burped because of wind then he will continue drinking for another 30-40ml and will push out teat but after I burped him again n give him the bottle again he will continue drinking. So like this, feeding 120ml can take up to an hr and sometimes he drinks lesser than 120ml also. Any of ur babies like that?? Also sometimes he will drink very little like 50ml then fall asleep and then ask for milk again in one hrs time. Any of u mummies experiencing that also?

teriwinkle

I haven't been swaddling my gal in her 2nd week since she too dislikes her hands being constrained and will yell for us to unwrap her.

Hi All

my bb went for 6 in 1 injection yesterday n cry non stop last nite. Tis morning I put thermometer under armpit n is 37.9 to 38. Is it fever? I just give her 1ml of panadole by padetrician.

What else I should do? Thanks :)