EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

ling0113

Sorry Barney baby,
You bring your gal to see speacilist or gp?
If there's blood, I think bring her to hospital is better. They will check if she got infection or it's allergy. And when we talk about blood in the stool, its not only the fresh red blood streaks, brownish streaks and spots also consider as blood. So do monitor closely. At first we didn't know, so my gal suffer for weeks.

MSK

Merry christmas to all mummies and enjoy the first Xmas with our babies! :)

Pockymummy, oh dear... Did the doc explain what cause the neonatal acne? Did he give you any cream to apply?

joasiss

My boy is also drinking mamil HA. Recommended by pd but she didn't say why he should drink it. Went to another pd and he asked if me and hubby got asthma or ezema but we don't. Im not sure if we should continue feeding him the HA formula..

Hi ling

i bring her to padetrician..n padetrician confirm is cow protein allergy.

I worry the special milk nutrition is not as good as normal formulae..is it true? Do u or ur hubby has such allergy? Me n my hubby don't hv allergy..don't know y bb has. :(

Padetrician say I hv to watch my diet as I give breast milk but I forgot the items to avoid. Wan to ask if can eat cakes, etc coz he mention can't eat whole egg.

My gal didn't poo for 3 days areadi..wonder is it the new milk. Hv to bring her see doc if today still no poo.

ling0113

Hi Barney baby,
Both my hubby and I dun have allergy. As for the nutrition , I doubt is not as good as others by looking in the contents of Alfare. I believe the nutrition is as good or even better, haha coz we pay double the price mah.
Her doc nv mention things for me to avoid. If the pd did mention, maybe you want to call and check with him again to play safe.
My gal every 2 days poo poo 1 time after we changed the milk for her.and she farted many times a day, very smelly.

PockyMummy

Merry christmas to all mummies and enjoy the first Xmas with our babies! :)

Pockymummy, oh dear... Did the doc explain what cause the neonatal acne? Did he give you any cream to apply?
MSK, Doc told me is due to my hormones. And supposing those acne should appear on my face didn't appear so it passed to my boy.. And maybe i ate too much heaty food and chocolate when nearer to due date. Nope.. He didn't give me cream to apply because he say baby's skin very thin, just let it slowly recover. maybe will takes up to 3 to 4 month then will recover. :(

MSK

Pockymummy, oh i see... don't worry, baby's skin recovers very fast one :) hope your boy's acne get well soon! :)

Isaac1112

Very worried about her not pooing..anyone has remedy which I can do for my baby? Thanks :)
Hi Barneybaby,

I had just brought my baby who had not poo for 4 days to the PD.

PD mentioned that as long as baby did not show "suffering" cry and its drinking well its okay.

His suggestions for us to follow are as below:

1) Facing the baby 2-3 fingers to YOUR right from baby's belly button (baby's left side!), do a continuous massage (downward motion) using your fingers overlapped with both hands.( I do it for around 1 min)
2) After that bring baby's legs up and down (bend on his knee) till its knees reaches his stomach...continuously for a few times. ( I do it for around 8 times)

My baby poo shortly after that (almost instantly) and now continue to poo frequently (daily). Do this massage daily till the digestive system is established.

Hope it can help you to ease the stress abit:)

Hi Issac

tks so much..will try the massage. My bb poo once on day 4.. Very happy but today no poo again. Quite worried areadi. Think maybe the new hydropollogenic milk. Can know a normal bb of week 7 poo how many times a day? Scare my bb no poo again..Haiz.

Hi Pinky

my bb allergy to cow protein..so don't know nan ha can anot. :)

hi ling
So is it ok to poo 2 days once? My bb hvnt poo today again. Worry is e new milk.

ling0113

Hi Barney baby,
I was told normal cow milk cannot coz she's allergy of Cow milk's protein.

She used to poo poo once everyday. But now poo poo once every 2 days. Think is because I mix with soy. But she seems ok, so I'm not worried.

But 4 days abit too long, you monitor first, if still no improvement then maybe you want to consult doctor. But my mum used to breastfeed me, and I poo poo once every 3-4 days.

Hi Ling

My gal oso cow's protein allergy. Feel sad that she hv to drink hydropollegnic milk. Pd say I hv to watch my diet n keep a diet of a lactose introlence person as I breastfeed 80%. No ice cream, eggs, etc for me till she is 9mths. Oso pd ask me to give breast milk best till 9mths but I hv limited milk supply as I get blocked ducts frequently. Then tis new milk she has constipation so very dilemma to let her drink. Will monitor tis round again coz she no poo again..today day 2 areadi.

Ohh..so one poo a day is normal? Coz before her constipation, she can poo 3 to 5 times a day.

Thanks.

Isaac1112

Hi Barneybaby,

Not too worry, baby of this period may experience inconsistence frequency of poo...like my PD mentioned no need to be alarm, as long as the baby does not show sign of constipation or loss of appetite...its normal. My baby 9 weeks now still poo average 2 days once. This will stablilise after their systems had established. Meanwhile try the massage technique, if it still does not improve, u may still want to see PD as suggested by our sister:) It may not be constipation now, unless the baby show great discomfort (cry very hard) because of the hard stool...if not, it is not constipation.

Hi Issac

Tks so much..yup..her poo came out on paste form though she no poo for 3 days. Today 2nd day..will wait n see. Stress abt tis poo thingy. :$ I hv done the massage but no poo yet. :)

my bb will cry when she fart sometimes. :$

SGNZ

Same here. My baby appetite & feeding schedule became messy due to same problem.
Hihi,

My baby also started showing this feeding symptom. Is your baby better now? I been trying to do some research whether is it wind (colic) or gastric reflux , cant be quite confusing.

Hi Sgnz

my gal has both colic n gastro reflux. Colic is cry at certain time every nite. Gastro reflux bb like to tilt her head backwards. Hope ur bb ok..should bring to see doctor. :)

Shirix

Hi barneybaby,

My baby likes to tilt her head backward.. But she nv cry or show discomfort.. Does she have gastro reflux? How to cure?

SGNZ

Hi Sgnz

my gal has both colic n gastro reflux. Colic is cry at certain time every nite. Gastro reflux bb like to tilt her head backwards. Hope ur bb ok..should bring to see doctor. :)
Hi barneybaby,

Did u bring her to see doctor as well? My boy usually tilt backwards when feeding as can see he is suffering but yet he want to feed badly . So we have to keep trying. Not every feed but also happen at certain time during feed. I guess more of gastro reflux ? I might bring him to see doc if getting worse. What do you give for the colic?