EDD Nov'14

BabyDF

Hi Littlehamster,

What is childbirth education classes? How much does it cost and whats it all about, if you dont mind sharing?

I heard yoga is good too. But i haven't got time and searching for a good yoga class... hmmm, maybe I shud start searching too...

Hello mummies!

I just signed up for childbirth education classes with tmc under mrs wong boh boi at the tmc baby fair. About $30 cheaper than sign online.

Also just started yoga with my neighbour, we engaged a yoga trainer to come our area to give us lessons. Heard yoga helps with natural delivery.

BabyDF

Hahahaha,
My tummy is obviously showing, and I can feel some movement on my tummy too, its very obvious and I cant wait to see my gynae to ask/tell her about it. LOL...
Backache I do have sometimes but not too much, but if I bent down quite a while, I will get up with a slight pain at the back. So i try to refrain from bending down.
Now, I am actually quite worried about the weight gain though... coz its like only 19 weeks and I have gain like 10kilos. Omgawddd... Good luck to me later when trying to lose weight after giving birth.. LOL!!

When is the right time for me to join prenatal course?

Wow BabyDF, :001_302: on the weight gain! seems like u are enjoying all the good food! is yr tummy showing already?
I start to feel heavy recently… I've not been weighing cos no scale at home, last weigh is up 2kg…. but notice varcious veins pooping out. so scared! hopefully will not worsen.
also recently have backaches…so aching lo almost whole of the days.

i am also thinking joining prenatal courses…on the look out too.

littlehamster

Babydf, see this web for more Info. The rates are at the link below under online registration http://www.thomsonmedical.com/childbirth-education-course-2/ I booked the one from Mrs Wong boh boi, very famous and good lactation consultant my friend encourage me to attend nearer to edd (3rd Tri) as won't forget much

If u bend down, try keep Ur back straight. Try asking hubby to massage for u?

For my yoga so happen my neighbour also interested and we just started. If u stay Punggol , feel free to join us? Hehehe

My tummy still small, weight gain still 1kg only but I do feel my butt n tights getting bigger.

Last edited:

Taurusmom

Hi winwon,
my first lesson started last say at kkh. It was conducted by a physiotherapist. We did pelvic and back exercises.
All of us receive a goodie bag, participants can also borrow books for free. Did u go to he thomson baby fair at suntec? The workshop was good. I think classes conducted by wong boh boi at thomson is popular. I hope to sign up for her workshops

Taurusmom

She is conducting a talk on breastfeeding on 23aug at suntec baby fair. U can sign up if u are interested. I will be going for 5th mth scan in 2 wks time. Feeling excited. By the way, i could feel my baby this 2 days.

littlehamster

Taurusmom: if u sign for Mrs Wong class and give birth at other hospitals besides tmc the charges is higher. U planning to give birth Where? And better sign up early, her classes always full very fast

Taurusmom

Little hamster,
im delivering at thomson but im not attending her prenatal class as im already signed up at kkh. She has a seperate 3h workshop on breastfeeding on 23aug at supermom baby fair . I interested to sign up for that.

Taurusmom

How are u doing now little hamster? Gained more weight?
Have u started to buy baby stuff? Do u think we shd buy breast pump now or after delivery?
im also going start research on strollers. Not sure which type is good. There are so many brands in the market.

littlehamster

Taurusmom: weight gain 1-2kg... hmmm normal I guess

Strollers are Big headache lol. So many brands. So far I got 2pack of a&a swaddles from robinsons sale, some milk bottles from baby fair which my friend help me trade in her old bottles. I am looking at Medela or spectra breast pump, weighing the pros and cons, havent discuss with hubby.. Maybe i will buy breast pump in oct.or after give birth .. and also looking around for preloved manduca carrier.

Win Won

Hi winwon,
my first lesson started last say at kkh. It was conducted by a physiotherapist. We did pelvic and back exercises.
All of us receive a goodie bag, participants can also borrow books for free. Did u go to he thomson baby fair at suntec? The workshop was good. I think classes conducted by wong boh boi at thomson is popular. I hope to sign up for her workshops
Nice on the prenatal exercise!
Nope i couldn't find time to go to the baby fair at suntec. However I'm also interested in the breastfeeding workshop on 22-Aug. :D

Win Won

Taurusmom: weight gain 1-2kg... hmmm normal I guess

Strollers are Big headache lol. So many brands. So far I got 2pack of a&a swaddles from robinsons sale, some milk bottles from baby fair which my friend help me trade in her old bottles. I am looking at Medela or spectra breast pump, weighing the pros and cons, havent discuss with hubby.. Maybe i will buy breast pump in oct.or after give birth .. and also looking around for preloved manduca carrier.
Hi littlehamster,
you seems to be a very professional mom to me! i have hardly started! lol :)
any place/brand you checking out for baby cot? I like mother care's but its price very good!

btw i start to balloon now in second trimester. however these few days i have been vomitting i think due to gastric or heartburn. keep going hungry.
hope u have been eating better already?

Win Won

Hahahaha,
My tummy is obviously showing, and I can feel some movement on my tummy too, its very obvious and I cant wait to see my gynae to ask/tell her about it. LOL...
Backache I do have sometimes but not too much, but if I bent down quite a while, I will get up with a slight pain at the back. So i try to refrain from bending down.
Now, I am actually quite worried about the weight gain though... coz its like only 19 weeks and I have gain like 10kilos. Omgawddd... Good luck to me later when trying to lose weight after giving birth.. LOL!!

When is the right time for me to join prenatal course?
hi babydf,
i think joining prenatal execise classes at mid second trimester is good. if u start now, maybe can make u more flexible…and not until third trimester when we are the biggest. I find squatting now texting for my knees…

Win Won

Hi Taurusmom,
Thanks for sharing the 12-July talk. I think I will be interested and has paid for it already!

Btw do you have the link to KKH's prenatal exercise you are attending? I managed to find only the general page.
How much are you paying for it and who's the physiotherapist?

littlehamster

win won: nah i am not experience mom lol! what makes u think that? just that i have some very good friends during this journey they have shared alot. hehe.. i am eating better already thanks for asking, tummy also balloon abit.. i need to buy new clothes already !

i cant attend the 12jul talk :( i will be overseas, short trip to penang. :p

Taurusmom

By the way,is anyone signing up for cordblood banking? Any comments ?
it's quite expensive and most of my friends did not sign up.

littlehamster

heard the cord blood one portion can use cda to pay. there is upfront payment then subsequent monthly.. like savings plan.. but i think i will pass and donate instead

Win Won

win won: nah i am not experience mom lol! what makes u think that? just that i have some very good friends during this journey they have shared alot. hehe.. i am eating better already thanks for asking, tummy also balloon abit.. i need to buy new clothes already !

i cant attend the 12jul talk :( i will be overseas, short trip to penang. :p
hi littlehamster,
:) i have bought some new pants recently! love to buy more beautiful maternity dresses but nothing caught my sight yet! I've checked out mother care, kitty palace and spring maternity but their dresses not exactly what i want!

Have fun and eat more during yr trip!