EDD Nov'14

garfield2411

Hello mummies,

Congrats to all the mummies edd Nov. We are changing gynae. Anyone of you can recommend a good gynae, not from KKH, reasonable rate, does a good c-sect job. Possible hospital are Mt A, TMC, Novena.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Win Won

hi garfield2411,
u changing gynae as u are not comfortable with the current one?

just to share that i don't like my gynae at all too. however since i already paid for his package, i will continue with him.
my gynae is super sacratics, impatient and uses backdated machine that does not give clear scan and printout. i stick to him due to convenience only.

garfield2411

hi garfield2411,
u changing gynae as u are not comfortable with the current one?

just to share that i don't like my gynae at all too. however since i already paid for his package, i will continue with him.
my gynae is super sacratics, impatient and uses backdated machine that does not give clear scan and printout. i stick to him due to convenience only.
The gynae almost missed ordering first trimester test. Which gynae, so that other mummies can avoid him/her :)

Xiaoyunyun85

Hi I went in msia to buy ammum milk..gt mango flavour too!

Yes, ammum is nice. got strawberry, original and chocolate.
I am not taking pills or any additional pills just ammum milk. Which I find it better because big capsules and pills scare me away. LOL!!

Win Won

The gynae almost missed ordering first trimester test. Which gynae, so that other mummies can avoid him/her :)
hi garfield2411, i can pm u who he is but think better don't broadcast his name here. :D
yr current gynae also so poor system to almost missed yr test. Sigh...

creamm

Hello mummies,

Congrats to all the mummies edd Nov. We are changing gynae. Anyone of you can recommend a good gynae, not from KKH, reasonable rate, does a good c-sect job. Possible hospital are Mt A, TMC, Novena.

Thanks in advance.

Hi garfield2411,

Yup, if you are not comfortable or have doubts about your gynea, it is better to change.

I am going to Dr. Yvonne Chan at Thomson Medical.
Chose her cos she got good "sewing" skills.

creamm

Hi all,

Hmmm... heard from my friends that the hospital will ask you which pediatrician your bb will go to.
Cos bb born 7 days need do checkup.

SBCCC @ tiong bahru (Jalan Membina) Dr Wong for me =)

pelicanfly

hi all !! my EDD is dec 3...but im very sure its going to be earlier...so Nov..
im new here..i am seeing my gynae at TMC also. dont like the carpark system but no choice..dont wana change doc at this time.
Right now, i dont know what to get for baby's staff...so far just bought a cupboard from IKEA for bb..so lost, duno what to buy...

Win Won

hi all !! my EDD is dec 3...but im very sure its going to be earlier...so Nov..
im new here..i am seeing my gynae at TMC also. dont like the carpark system but no choice..dont wana change doc at this time.
Right now, i dont know what to get for baby's staff...so far just bought a cupboard from IKEA for bb..so lost, duno what to buy...

hi pelicanfly,
i'm first time mom to be too so am quite lost like u too.
however u can check out those checklist (can be found online) for things to buy. mom's side should be things needed during confinement and like breastfeed pump (if necessary). bb's area include bb clothes, diapers/nappies, cot/pen, pram, bathing stuff...
there's certainty lots to be done before bb come along!

Taurusmom

Hi pelicanfly, i agree with u on the poor parking system at thomson. Which gynae are u seeing?
there is a baby fair on 23 aug at suntec. U can do some shopping there.

littlehamster

hello mummies to be! sorry for the no updates as recently super busy, especially work! :(

taurusmom: i am giving birth at thomson, gynae under tmc direct, dr claudine tan. my friend just switch to thomson PD Dr Eugene Tan, i think he last time from amk sbcc and now go over to tmc. do u need to select your PD now? my gynae like so cool headed leh, didnt ask much stuffs

hellow pelicanfly! welcome u to join us :)

just to share what my friend told me, she say for preparations for newborn can get some items:
  • swaddles, some newborn clothes (they outgrow pretty quick)
  • cot/play pen, mattress, bumper set, bedsheets, pillow bloster, mat to prevent water leak into mattress
  • rocker, beansprout husk pillow
  • diaper change, cupboard, liquid powder
  • 1 to 2 brands of newborn diapers (1 pack each, not enough then buy again later, and in case not fit also)
  • sterilizer, washing liquid detergent, wash bottle brush
  • few brands of newborn bottles (in case baby dont like), pacifier
  • laundry detergent and softener, wet wipes (many many)
  • 2nd hand milk pump (cos first hand too expensive and not sure if can successfully bf or not, intital months to try direct latch as much as possible, then use breast pump to build supply, means can buy breast pump later stage too)
  • bath tub, bath towel, bath lotion
  • rocker, high chair

what else to add on? :D

And i just cleared my spare room to make for baby room. maybe end of this mth going ikea shopping for a comfy chair for breastfeeding and cupboard for baby clothes

and for diapers, my friend recommends merries and goon (korea) can buy online Qoo10. more asian fit. if baby more chubby type can use huggies. need to try around so now can start to get samples from these diapers suppliers liao

Taurusmom

Hello littlehamster,
no need to select paediatrician now.
Was trying to research on pd near my house cos heard that we can choose.
how's your baby? I went for 24 wks scan last wk. my baby weighs 650g.
next mth got to do glucose scan.
I just bought my breast pump from mothercase. They having sale till end of aug.

littlehamster

Baby started to nottie and flipping around since last week. Fri scan 26weeks he was in breech, used to be head down Since conception . He's now ~900g, growing fast! Oh my I realise is 3rd tri already! So fast! My weight gain 5kg now. How's ur little one taurusmum? U feel to move n kicking much now?

Taurusmom

Congrats to littlehamster! My weight gain 7kg now. My girl is in breech position all the time. Haven turn yet. She normally kicks me after food and at night.
i think by now our baby gains 150g per week :)
do u experience any body changes in 3rd trimester?