EDD Oct 2013

I think all of us hates the waiting game. My doc shared with me that even if your.baby dilate early doesn mean he/she will come early, so lets just relax and im sure our gynae will.let us know wats best for us.

My doc shared with me that there are many factors that affects labor, dilate is one thing but the thinning of your cervix plays a part too, also baby position, he has a case where everything is in order but the.baby is facing up, the lady tried for 5hrs but in the end still had to c sec.

Lets just leave it to our baby, talk to him/her, tats how I managed to get her to turn at 32weeks and stay there, most impt thing is a healthy baby.

At least we carry our baby to full term and that is a blessing, ive heard of two cases of preterm labor at 6mths and baby needs to be in the incubator for a month.

Cheer up mummies ;)
Hi Xtinee, I'm glad I had made it to a full term baby as well but just that I'm hitting week 38 but my cervix is not open yet. However, my baby's head position is good not bleech. Just afraid will be overdued baby. My hubby and I are trying ways to soften my cervix through sex but it's so painful and dry. :( cos I think we had not been doing it for months that's the reason. Hopefully, I'll have better news when I visit the gynae this sat.

yenleesk

LilHanMummmy:832032 said:
I think all of us hates the waiting game. My doc shared with me that even if your.baby dilate early doesn mean he/she will come early, so lets just relax and im sure our gynae will.let us know wats best for us.

My doc shared with me that there are many factors that affects labor, dilate is one thing but the thinning of your cervix plays a part too, also baby position, he has a case where everything is in order but the.baby is facing up, the lady tried for 5hrs but in the end still had to c sec.

Lets just leave it to our baby, talk to him/her, tats how I managed to get her to turn at 32weeks and stay there, most impt thing is a healthy baby.

At least we carry our baby to full term and that is a blessing, ive heard of two cases of preterm labor at 6mths and baby needs to be in the incubator for a month.

Cheer up mummies ;)
Hi Xtinee, I'm glad I had made it to a full term baby as well but just that I'm hitting week 38 but my cervix is not open yet. However, my baby's head position is good not bleech. Just afraid will be overdued baby. My hubby and I are trying ways to soften my cervix through sex but it's so painful and dry. :( cos I think we had not been doing it for months that's the reason. Hopefully, I'll have better news when I visit the gynae this sat.

Hi lilhanmummy, I visited gynae this afternoon. Unfortunately, my cervix still not open at all at wk 38 too. Doc said if still the same when due date, he advice me to check in hospital to induce the next day. We tried sex but it's painful as my vaginal very dry n I really can't enjoy that much. I rather say its more stressful now n then.

Hi lilhanmummy, I visited gynae this afternoon. Unfortunately, my cervix still not open at all at wk 38 too. Doc said if still the same when due date, he advice me to check in hospital to induce the next day. We tried sex but it's painful as my vaginal very dry n I really can't enjoy that much. I rather say its more stressful now n then.
Hi Yenleesk, I'm exactly the same situation as you. I didn't enjoy sex as well as it's also extremely painful and my vaginal is very dry. :( it's really a very stressful period as my gynae told me that as my cervix not yet open and soften, can't even induce for me and might have to do csect. :( I really hope miracles can happen to both of us before our due date so we can suffer lesser pain during childbirth. I'll be still trying my best and hoping for improvements for my upcoming check this sat.

Xtinee

If it is too dry might want to try lubricant, I think there is a type where it will help semen swim better, since that is the thing that helps to thin our cervix, might want to try.

Hope to hear more good news soon. God bless all of us with a smooth delivery

If it is too dry might want to try lubricant, I think there is a type where it will help semen swim better, since that is the thing that helps to thin our cervix, might want to try.

Hi Xtinee, yup might want to try cos really painful. Hope all of us have smooth deliveries! Jia you to all mummies!

yenleesk

Xtinee:832099 said:

Hi Xtinee, which type of lubricant shld I buy? Get from where? My edd is 20 oct. My husband n myself wish to try again n again if it helps to thin my cervix.

KBH

hi mummies,

I want to thank you all for your advices the past few months. I have delivered on Sept 19 at week 38 (well, 37 and 6 days) as i had opt to induce instead of waiting for his arrival. Baby came out at 3.255kg and was ok for the first week but we ended up back in the hospital days after as his jaundice level rocketed up... the delivery was thankfully smooth and I had used epidural. i was lucky as i didn't feel a single thing.. though on hind sight, maybe i'll opt NOT to use epidural the next time and maybe have the real experience. Baby is fine now and i'm having troubles breast feeding... he's not latching well and i think i'm hoping that my 2nd visit to the lactation consultant will help.. else i may just give up breast feeding all together.

good luck mummies and smooth deliveries for everyone!! :) jia you!!

Xtinee

yenleesk, there are only a few brands there ypu might want to go to the pharmancy to take a look.

kbh no worries my gynae and my friends says that it will take up to 5days for the milk to come, the trick is keep trying, hope you will have better success.

yenleesk

Thanks Xtinee, I will find out fr pharmacy today

Xtinee:832123 said:
yenleesk, there are only a few brands there ypu might want to go to the pharmancy to take a look.

kbh no worries my gynae and my friends says that it will take up to 5days for the milk to come, the trick is keep trying, hope you will have better success.

i'm still working this week n will b commencing my maternity nx week.
everyday bb is kicking n vibrating stronger, making me difficult to travel to wrk. any mummies still wrking now?
if not wat do u do at home?

Xtinee

Im working from home since last week and bored to dealth!!!!! Cant walk more then 5mins or pelvis stabbing pain........
Baby used to do painful kongfu inside now more like vibrations. Mummies if your baby do not move more then 10 times in 12 hrs please call the doc, or if you try drinking cold fruit juice or caffine baby no respose, hiccups do not count.
Esp if you are overdue, I had a ex colleague who.had a still born on her due date, or get your doc to check blood flow, can rule out a lot of things.

Staying at home and super bored = think too much haha

Anyone sticking to the confinement rules of not bathing?

shahan

Congrats KBH & Alisa!

Hello everyone! Just had my checkup today...
Mild contractions, head is low and 3 cm dilated....i'll be popping anytime soon i guess...excited and nervous at the same time!

Meowmummy

if cannot latch on, try expressing using breast pump? my friend says express every 3 hrs, after 3 to 4wks, milk flow will be steady.
meanwhile,alternate feed between formula & breast milk. Jia you!

Xtinee

Tats good news shahan :D

shahan:832297 said:
Congrats KBH & Alisa!

Hello everyone! Just had my checkup today...
Mild contractions, head is low and 3 cm dilated....i'll be popping anytime soon i guess...excited and nervous at the same time!

Xtinee

Meowmummy, im due later than you cos am only 38weeks this fri.

Ya stahub free channels till 11oct. I feel so restless, hmmmm maybe cos labor is near ?

I dont tink I can tahan not bathing but if i dont follow all the aunties will gang rape me......

joyfulmum

Congrates all the mummies that have popped n those who r popping, wont b too long! We been thru so many shit le..last few wks/days! Lol

A qns to ask..wats the proceduce like, cervix shrink first then start to dilate?