EDD October

Alisa

My baby has jaundice n I was in the same situation. Cried a lot coz bb keeps sleeping n dun feed.
Try not to measure how much bb drink n dun give infant formula. Just feed baby direct.
You NEED to wake up a slept baby with jaundice ro feed! My parents n parents in law keep telling me let bb sleep but I'm very firm on the feeding schedule coz sleepy baby won't demand for feed spo we cannot juz wait for bb to wake up n do demand feeding. I wake my bb up every 2-3hrs, never let him sleep past 3.5hr. Baby drink only few min n fell asleep. While latched on I tickled his ears, tickled his feet, do breast compression, still cannot wake up, unlatch him rub his chest, take off swaddle n trousers or booties so his feet r cold, feed in cooler air con room, hold him n talk to him, asking him to wake up n feed etc. Those few days were tormenting. I got depression at 5pm almost everyday n kept crying n crying.

But bb grew out of it! By end of second week, he feeds well abt 10-20min whenever I wake him up every 2-3hr. By 3rd week, he sometimes wakes up to demand for milk when it's time for milk. When he dun, I'll still wake him up for milk coz I want him to get used to drinking milk every 2-3hr.

If ur baby wets n poos well then it means he's feeding well. My baby is a small eater, drinking 5-10min sometimes n 45min at most but he's growing heavier n taller whether we measured him n he poos n pees well. That's how we know drinking for lesser period dosent mean he snot getting milk. At first I was very worried n now I just relax n let him drink as much or as little Ashe wants. But if ur bb is sleepy, wake him up n keep trying to feed him. If he's sleepy due to jaundice,he may not know he's hungry but he is! It's hard but press on n u'll c the light at the end of the tunnel!
ya baby with jaundice will tend to sleep more wan but since yr baby got pee & poo as much, i feel that u don have to worry. yr baby tho never drink for long but he still get the nutrient. When u go hospital to check his jaundice level, they will weight him wan, did he put on weight? My baby face is now getting rounder!

lyra

My baby put on weight n he's rounder too! :)

ya baby with jaundice will tend to sleep more wan but since yr baby got pee & poo as much, i feel that u don have to worry. yr baby tho never drink for long but he still get the nutrient. When u go hospital to check his jaundice level, they will weight him wan, did he put on weight? My baby face is now getting rounder!

My baby put on weight n he's rounder too! :)
hi,
sometime I feel my baby getting rounded but sometime no. I also don't know why?
is this normal?

hi, alisa and lyra
your baby is going to full.month on three days later, have you do the full month celebration? off from confinement already?
my baby full month this sat, but will celebrate on this wed. mean I can off from confinement 3 days.
or anyone do confinement for 40 days? cause my sister ask do for 40 days.

Alisa

hi,
sometime I feel my baby getting rounded but sometime no. I also don't know why?
is this normal?

hi, alisa and lyra
your baby is going to full.month on three days later, have you do the full month celebration? off from confinement already?
my baby full month this sat, but will celebrate on this wed. mean I can off from confinement 3 days.
or anyone do confinement for 40 days? cause my sister ask do for 40 days.
i celebrated his full mth ytd but pray to ancestor on 5 Nov so im particially consider off confinement le! but when back at home, my MIL still cook for me the food 'she think is confinement food'... actually to me, there are just normal food. during my confinement, she don allow me to eat together with the family... i always eat alone and earlier. even my clothing also have to seperate wash... i feel very left out lor. i kept telling my hubby, my 'confinement food' are actually normally food, why not i just eat 'normal food'? my MIL wan to do 40 day for me wan but i already cater lunch for myself from tmw onwards! so i don care about my MIL. haha...

lyra

Hi pangsn7376, I haven't done celebration. Will do after full month actual date coz we want to do at our new home. Moving in after confinement.

i celebrated his full mth ytd but pray to ancestor on 5 Nov so im particially consider off confinement le! but when back at home, my MIL still cook for me the food 'she think is confinement food'... actually to me, there are just normal food. during my confinement, she don allow me to eat together with the family... i always eat alone and earlier. even my clothing also have to seperate wash... i feel very left out lor. i kept telling my hubby, my 'confinement food' are actually normally food, why not i just eat 'normal food'? my MIL wan to do 40 day for me wan but i already cater lunch for myself from tmw onwards! so i don care about my MIL. haha...
hi, alisa
why said ur food is normal food? no ginger?
so u wash ur hair already?
I think ur mother in law is all those old type, that why wash ur clothes separately.
how ur baby so far? is ur breastmilk supply increased? my breastmilk still same amount. cannot fully breastmilk my baby.

Hi pangsn7376, I haven't done celebration. Will do after full month actual date coz we want to do at our new home. Moving in after confinement.
hi, lyra
that is good. 2 happiness together. actual day is coming soon. other 3 more days.
wash ur hair already? I count down to this wed to wash my hair. : D

hotmilktea

u are such a good and obedient mummy! i showered and wash my hair on the 3rd or 4th day after delivery, thereafter i shower everyday and wash my hair every alternate days! i cldnt stand it when i sweat during pumping, breastfeeding, after massage, and even sweat after shower also esp with the herbal water. goodness. today i went nex to buy teats for the bottle and had a starbucks ice cafe latte hazelnut, its HEAVEN !!!!!

hi, lyra
that is good. 2 happiness together. actual day is coming soon. other 3 more days.

lyra

I washed hair in hospital and whenever I could at home. Didn't really abstain from hair washing :)

hi, lyra

hotmilktea

U r very lucky. My mum watches me 24/7. Even I shower she also nag if I take too long.
And I got to cover blanket so long the aircon is on and totally no fan, and walk ard in slippers.
but I like my food coz is not typical confinement food. I eat normal except she expect me to eat a whole fish and must eat rice.

I washed hair in hospital and whenever I could at home. Didn't really abstain from hair washing :)

u are such a good and obedient mummy! i showered and wash my hair on the 3rd or 4th day after delivery, thereafter i shower everyday and wash my hair every alternate days! i cldnt stand it when i sweat during pumping, breastfeeding, after massage, and even sweat after shower also esp with the herbal water. goodness. today i went nex to buy teats for the bottle and had a starbucks ice cafe latte hazelnut, its HEAVEN !!!!!
wow, ice- cream. cool! the weather so hot. so nice to eat ice- cream.
ur mum won't nag u if u wash ur hair? I cannot, my sister told cl cannot let me wash hair. and shower alternative day. only shower everyday after tomorrow.
my cl listen my sister said, and she about watch me 24 hours. I only can on air- con during night time as my elder son sleep together with me.
hotmilktea, how ur baby? how the jaundice? fully breastmilk ur baby?

hotmilktea

Not ice cream, is ice coffee ;p
My son is going thru growth spurt now, very fussy and refuse to sleep even after milk. Now is 5am and I hv been awake since 3.30am!
Yes, I go back to full breastfeed already, ignoring that PD, I will be goig to another PD anyway.
His jaudice appears better, he is much much less yellow already.

wow, ice- cream. cool! the weather so hot. so nice to eat ice- cream.
ur mum won't nag u if u wash ur hair? I cannot, my sister told cl cannot let me wash hair. and shower alternative day. only shower everyday after tomorrow.
my cl listen my sister said, and she about watch me 24 hours. I only can on air- con during night time as my elder son sleep together with me.
hotmilktea, how ur baby? how the jaundice? fully breastmilk ur baby?

Alisa

hi, alisa
why said ur food is normal food? no ginger?
so u wash ur hair already?
I think ur mother in law is all those old type, that why wash ur clothes separately.
how ur baby so far? is ur breastmilk supply increased? my breastmilk still same amount. cannot fully breastmilk my baby.
ya she very pangdang wan! the food she cooked for me, she will never touch! but she allow my hubby to eat. i told her no ginger cuz my baby was having jaundice ma. even now i also don wan her to put ginger cuz i scare my baby jaundice will come back lor. i only washed my hair on 5 Nov, when praying to ancestors. my milk suppy is quite constance le but i cannot tahan feeding him every hr le.. i now mix my breastmilk with formula to make him sleep longer... i very tired...

lyra

Hotmilktea, dun take too much caffeine ok? It may affect baby through ur breast milk n cause him to b more awake oso. A little bit is ok though. Drink a few hrs before feeding him :)

Not ice cream, is ice coffee ;p
My son is going thru growth spurt now, very fussy and refuse to sleep even after milk. Now is 5am and I hv been awake since 3.30am!
Yes, I go back to full breastfeed already, ignoring that PD, I will be goig to another PD anyway.
His jaudice appears better, he is much much less yellow already.

hotmilktea

Oh dear! Thanx for telling me! I am a caffeine addict and avoided coffee for 38 weeks! Tot I cld get back! Hahah.
So envy ur baby is getting rounder, mine is not even now goin thru growth spurt and feed every 2 hrs :(

And because since birth he didn't feed well and I got to use formula due to jaundice, my breasts cldnt produce enough milk now every 2 hrs.
Is quite tough to keep up with him now.

Hotmilktea, dun take too much caffeine ok? It may affect baby through ur breast milk n cause him to b more awake oso. A little bit is ok though. Drink a few hrs before feeding him :)

lyra

Jia you! Continue to latch him to stimulate ur breast. Even if it's a little bit of breast milk, it still has gd antibodies for him so dun give up!

Oh dear! Thanx for telling me! I am a caffeine addict and avoided coffee for 38 weeks! Tot I cld get back! Hahah.
So envy ur baby is getting rounder, mine is not even now goin thru growth spurt and feed every 2 hrs :(

And because since birth he didn't feed well and I got to use formula due to jaundice, my breasts cldnt produce enough milk now every 2 hrs.
Is quite tough to keep up with him now.

lyra

Mummies, anyone's babies still has jaundice but went for vaccination?

My baby is due for his second Hep B vaccination but he is a bit yellowish. Can he take the jab?

hotmilktea

I think sld be fine. My bestie's baby also still got slight jaundice when she go for her jab
And that pd of mine also schedule his nx jaundice review and jab on same day.

Mummies, anyone's babies still has jaundice but went for vaccination?

My baby is due for his second Hep B vaccination but he is a bit yellowish. Can he take the jab?

hotmilktea

Any mummies is bringing or already brought their baby boy for circumcision?
My boy is 3 weeks old this week and I tot of bringing him now.

But I am worry about this:-
1. Is the process painful and will he cry?
2. Will it be painful when he pee or when I bath him?

tessalow

Hi Mummies, I just gave birth to my first child. Was wondering do your gynae recommend to have mirena insertion after birth? I understand that there are 3 types of insertion.