EDD October

Alisa

Maybe u didn't latch on properly. Cuz initially she only sucked my nipple so not much milk came out. Have to open her mouth wider by pressing her chin downwards to put the whole areola and nipple in, then more milk will come out. After latching I pump to get the remaining milk out cuz too much for her to fully drain the breast though there was once or twice she did empty the breast. :D
hmm... not sure if the latch on is poor but he manage to empty 1 of my breast last night

Happy 2012, mummies!! wonder how all mummies r coping now? i totally exhausted running after my 15mth toddler n 9weeks old baby! Any of your newborn sleeping thru d night already ? mine still wakes up every 2-3hrs to feed.my #1 slept thru at 6weeks. can any mummies share how to make them sleep thru?

hotmilktea

Happy new year pinky & all mummies!

My son also 9 weeks old, he drinks 100ml every 1.5-2hr during the day throughout till last
feed at 12midnight or so. Then he will sleep till about 4-5am for a
feed. Then another 3-4 hrs till 7-8am.

Happy new year pinky & all mummies!

My son also 9 weeks old, he drinks 100ml every 1.5-2hr during the day throughout till last
feed at 12midnight or so. Then he will sleep till about 4-5am for a
feed. Then another 3-4 hrs till 7-8am.
Hi hotmilktea!mine drinks 150-170ml every 2-3 hrs . doc said he's drinking a lot. i tried to cut down but he's always hungry!any tips to share how u made your bb sleep longer at night??

Alisa

Happy 2012 to all Mummies too!!! My son starts to sleep longer during night time le. His last feed depends on his mood wan. sometimes 9+ ~ 11+ then if around 9+ last feed, he will wake up around 4+ to feed then 8+ to feed again. there was once he last fed at 11+ then wake up at 7+ to feed! during the day will be around 1-2 hrs, very rare will be 3-4hrs.

Happy 2012 to all Mummies too!!! My son starts to sleep longer during night time le. His last feed depends on his mood wan. sometimes 9+ ~ 11+ then if around 9+ last feed, he will wake up around 4+ to feed then 8+ to feed again. there was once he last fed at 11+ then wake up at 7+ to feed! during the day will be around 1-2 hrs, very rare will be 3-4hrs.
hi, alisa
how much you feed your boy now? My girl still feeding 120ml every 3 hours at day and night time. Sometime she cannot finish. Hard to increase her intake.

Hi mummies,
recently i found myself very stress and easy unhappy. Sometime will crying just a small matter. But sometime i feel myself ok. Wondering any mummies feel same as me? Or because i stay home too long?

lyra

If ur baby is gaining weight and happy, its ok de. She looks satisfied after a feed right? Poo and pee as usual right? 120ml is quite gd isn't it? I didn't really bother measuring how much my baby takes coz I do direct latching so I just let baby tell me when he's hungry and when he dun need milk. Don't need to be so worried. I think ur girl is feeding well. Dun hurry to increase her intake. Just let baby tell you how much is enough for her :)

hi, alisa
how much you feed your boy now? My girl still feeding 120ml every 3 hours at day and night time. Sometime she cannot finish. Hard to increase her intake.

Lostkitty

Hi mummies,
recently i found myself very stress and easy unhappy. Sometime will crying just a small matter. But sometime i feel myself ok. Wondering any mummies feel same as me? Or because i stay home too long?
Me too.. Sometimes my mood is pretty good on tt wk n sometimes not.. However, i will not show it to my mum who is staying with me during weekday.. But i will show temper to mu hubby.. Not sure y but mayb i feel tt he is not helping out... But i try to ignore it.. Try to make urself happy by playing n looking at ur bb... Once u look at ur bb, u will definately feel VERY HAPPY n all unhappiness will go away.. Even when ur bb is sleeping, it is good to look at.. Cos bb face is sooooo cuuuttteee...

Alisa

hi, alisa
now i still gave 120ml of water, 4 scoops of powder = 140ml. if pure breastmilk will be 140ml. he still don finish all sometimes, sometimes only drink 70ml. i just let him be till he is hungry again then i feed him again lor. some babies are small eater so don worry if yr gal is not drinking the same qty as other babies. no 2 babies are the same.

Try massaging the lump as you pump. Could be blocked duct. Impt to rub it so that it unblocks coz otherwise it may lead to mastitis which is infection and will cause fever.
Hi, alisa
how your lump? Able massage to off the lump.
I faced same to my breast. Very pain. Massaging with hot shower, but still pain. Unable to pump out the milk. Saw doctor last night as have fever. Giddy and feel super pain. Doctor only advice have to keep massage with hot water. I feel super ' xin ku'.

Alisa

Hi, alisa
how your lump? Able massage to off the lump.
I faced same to my breast. Very pain. Massaging with hot shower, but still pain. Unable to pump out the milk. Saw doctor last night as have fever. Giddy and feel super pain. Doctor only advice have to keep massage with hot water. I feel super ' xin ku'.
the lump is still there but getting smaller le. i actually very lazy so didnt massage much except when my son latch on then i massage abit. think the lump will not go off but just reduce in size cuz thats where it makes milk. i don have fever so think yrs is very serious le. i will only feel pain if i kept massaging the lump is not no pain wan. try drink warm water le?

the lump is still there but getting smaller le. i actually very lazy so didnt massage much except when my son latch on then i massage abit. think the lump will not go off but just reduce in size cuz thats where it makes milk. i don have fever so think yrs is very serious le. i will only feel pain if i kept massaging the lump is not no pain wan. try drink warm water le?
Today fever gone still feel giddy. But the breast still pain. The problem is the milk unable pump out. i afraid if not pumping out, then will block seriously.
Alisa, i also same as you. I lazy massage begore i pump. Sometime i even pump one time a day, sometime pump two or three time.
do you malay massage can help?

Alisa

Today fever gone still feel giddy. But the breast still pain. The problem is the milk unable pump out. i afraid if not pumping out, then will block seriously.
Alisa, i also same as you. I lazy massage begore i pump. Sometime i even pump one time a day, sometime pump two or three time.
do you malay massage can help?
how about let yr baby latch on? now i latch on so i don have to pump le. that time my nipple crack also cannot pump so i also latch on.
i did get the malay massage but the lady never massage my breast wan. think bcuz that time i don have lump ba... the massage wasnt strong too but really helps my tummy to slim down.

how about let yr baby latch on? now i latch on so i don have to pump le. that time my nipple crack also cannot pump so i also latch on.
i did get the malay massage but the lady never massage my breast wan. think bcuz that time i don have lump ba... the massage wasnt strong too but really helps my tummy to slim down.
Now the milk cannot come out, can i latch on? I dont like latch cause i dont know how much she drink. So you now total latch on, no more pump?
I had try massage myself for two days. I called malay massage tomorrow. Hope can solve the problem. Now i feel my body like battery flat, no energy ..

Alisa

Now the milk cannot come out, can i latch on? I dont like latch cause i dont know how much she drink. So you now total latch on, no more pump?
I had try massage myself for two days. I called malay massage tomorrow. Hope can solve the problem. Now i feel my body like battery flat, no energy ..
a latch on i will not know how much he drink too but he can still last for around 2-3 hrs lor. if not enough i will give formula on the next feed cuz i can feel my breast is like not full. ya i will not pump is i latch on. so far i only latch on in the day, at night my hubby will give formula unless im engorge then i will latch on too. heard latch on will solved the lump le. u must also tell the massage lady about yr lump so she will know to focus on yr breast lor.

a latch on i will not know how much he drink too but he can still last for around 2-3 hrs lor. if not enough i will give formula on the next feed cuz i can feel my breast is like not full. ya i will not pump is i latch on. so far i only latch on in the day, at night my hubby will give formula unless im engorge then i will latch on too. heard latch on will solved the lump le. u must also tell the massage lady about yr lump so she will know to focus on yr breast lor.
Ok. I try the massage first. If solve then will try latch on. But what if i back to work soon? When you back to work, and who take care your baby?

lyra

hahaha... my baby just did his first flip over yesterday. I was amazed he can flip over at 2.5 months old. I was doing exercise for him, holding his left leg over his right and turning him sideways, then go to back on the ground. but instead of staying in the side facing position, he flipped over to lie on his tummy. I was shocked and quickly place his right arm properly as he is unable to take it put from under his body. And he started to hold his head up at 45 deg with his arms n neck as support ( also known as mini pushup).

I clapped my hands and laughed in surprise and he looked very pleased.

Alisa

Ok. I try the massage first. If solve then will try latch on. But what if i back to work soon? When you back to work, and who take care your baby?
Im going back on 1 feb. u le? I extend 1 more mth so I used up my maternity leave. I will be putting him in infant care.. Can't bear to leave him there so early so I extend lor...