EDD October

hotmilktea

My boy is ok today. Can't believe he have to go thru it every month till 6 mths

I am also thinking about going back to work...probably when my boy turns 6 months, because it's tough to still breast feed esp in new company hard to take time to pump. Not forgetting many companies here are not family-friendly work place.

ya i started working on 1 feb too. i put him in Infant care and can see his changes after close to 2 weeks there. He cry less often le. ya, when i starts working liao, only spent few hrs in the evening with him when he is not sleep, if he is sleeping then is only those short time when i feed him direct and let him sleep with us for few hrs b4 we go to work. i kept thinking about him during work... i only pump once a day now, the amount i can pump depends on how many times he woke up to feed. if he wake up twice, then i can pump around 8oz, if he only feed once then will be more than 8oz liao.

try drinking more water le? and eating soupy food, it can increase yr milk too.

my son is having block nose since around 2 weeks ago... got it from my SIL and we start to put him in Infant care so his block nose like difficult to recover. Already seen doc and got drop for the nose le, hopefully can recover soon.
Hi Alisa,
Hope your son recover soon.
You provide the beastmilk to infant care everyday??
I heard some of my friends said, if breastmilk start dropped, hard to increase the supply. DOnt know is true or not. I unable pumping during my office hours. As mentioned by hotmilktea, really not much companies allow mummy pumping breastmilk during office hours or provide a room for us to pumping.
I miss my kids when i am working. Sometime will keep calling back and find out how my kids. Really cannot afford if i am not working.
Hope ours kids be happy and be healthy.

My boy is ok today. Can't believe he have to go thru it every month till 6 mths

I am also thinking about going back to work...probably when my boy turns 6 months, because it's tough to still breast feed esp in new company hard to take time to pump. Not forgetting many companies here are not family-friendly work place.
Hi Hotmilktea,
Actually is not easy be a working mother. Especially when you very tiring at work and still need to nightfeed the baby.
If your hubby can afford if you are not working. Should enjoy be a full time mother. You just only focus your son.

hotmilktea

Yup I can foresee that too if I start working.
my hubby can support , in fact he doesn't agree me to go back to work.
But I am really not a full time mum, and I studied so hard for my masters I sld put it to use and earn money myself
i also don't like my hubby give me pocket $ and spending $ I got to think twice.

Having said that, not sure if I can even find a job! I am happy to work part time too

Hi Hotmilktea,
Actually is not easy be a working mother. Especially when you very tiring at work and still need to nightfeed the baby.
If your hubby can afford if you are not working. Should enjoy be a full time mother. You just only focus your son.

yingzy

A bit late to join e forum but am glad to see there are so many advise ard... My son was delivered in 25 Oct 11 though my EDD was 4 Nov :) Looking after him full time and loving it! but reality is cruel.. need to look for a job soon so that I can help out financially too... hopefully can find a job that works from home... so i can see him 24x7 :)

this is my rabbit boy - jayvern =)

nnicole

Hi Nnicole,
How long you took ferugreek?? Are you still breastfeed your baby??
I actually take ferugreek also. 2 for day. But did not increase much. Hope my breastmilk dont drop so fast. I hope can breastfeed my baby as long as possible. Last time able breastfeed my son for 10 months.

I took it for close to 2 weeks. yes, i heard that it might or might not work for all. no. i went back to work so was unable to continue feeding him, its quite sad though. it s like a bond lost.

Alisa

Hi Alisa,
Hope your son recover soon.
You provide the beastmilk to infant care everyday??
I heard some of my friends said, if breastmilk start dropped, hard to increase the supply. DOnt know is true or not. I unable pumping during my office hours. As mentioned by hotmilktea, really not much companies allow mummy pumping breastmilk during office hours or provide a room for us to pumping.
I miss my kids when i am working. Sometime will keep calling back and find out how my kids. Really cannot afford if i am not working.
Hope ours kids be happy and be healthy.
Yup I can foresee that too if I start working.
my hubby can support , in fact he doesn't agree me to go back to work.
But I am really not a full time mum, and I studied so hard for my masters I sld put it to use and earn money myself
i also don't like my hubby give me pocket $ and spending $ I got to think twice.

Having said that, not sure if I can even find a job! I am happy to work part time too
Thanks Pangsn7376. He is getting better le. if im not that hungry, i will pump during lunch time and ask my colleague to tabao for me but if im hungry, i will enjoy my lunch & chit chat with my colleagues then pump around 2+pm. So far my company never said anything la and bcuz my manager is a male, he don know about expressing milk thing wan, as long i do my work properly, they don mind, i guess. i borrow a store room to pump and my colleague pass me the key and ask me to return her only after i stop expressing. im glad that my colleagues are supporting me in pumping too. ya, need to bring frozen milk to Infant care everyday cuz they don have fridge. When back at home, i will latch him on even during night feed. Some more i need to wake up at 5.30am everyday... very tiring but i like to feed him direct. i like the bonding too. I will kept thinking of him during the day too... but i have to work... my husband now helping family business and his salary is around 50% less liao... i have to work lor.. how i wish my husband can support the whole family and i just do part time. But i am also glad that i am working cuz i love my job.

Potofstars

Hi all! I'm a first time mum to a three mth plus baby boy. Was just wondering for those mummies who breastfeed their babies, how often do you nurse? And how well does your baby sleep? Cos my baby has reverse sleep-wake cycle (up all night but sleeps a lot in the day). Any tips to help cos it's very stressful... Many thanks!

yingzy

My menses came today, I guess it means my breast milk will decrease soon.
i went online and read if u r still breastfeeding your menses shouldn't come... hmmmm...i stop breastfeeding after confinement nanny left...but my menses is still not here! i wonder if this is consider lucky or not?

yingzy

Hi all! I'm a first time mum to a three mth plus baby boy. Was just wondering for those mummies who breastfeed their babies, how often do you nurse? And how well does your baby sleep? Cos my baby has reverse sleep-wake cycle (up all night but sleeps a lot in the day). Any tips to help cos it's very stressful... Many thanks!
oh no! dats is really stressful dat he doesn't slps at nite... u need to try to keep him awake during day time.. i know it sounds cruel not letting him slp but this is e only way to revert his slping hours back... for me i always talk to my son, let him watch baby tv, play with e hanging toys on his rocker... all these keeps him awake until its nap time :) maybe u can give it a try...

i went online and read if u r still breastfeeding your menses shouldn't come... hmmmm...i stop breastfeeding after confinement nanny left...but my menses is still not here! i wonder if this is consider lucky or not?
How many months of your baby?? Not really if breastfeeding the menses wont come. But as per mentioned by Hotmilktea, when the menses come the breastmilk will dropped.

oh no! dats is really stressful dat he doesn't slps at nite... u need to try to keep him awake during day time.. i know it sounds cruel not letting him slp but this is e only way to revert his slping hours back... for me i always talk to my son, let him watch baby tv, play with e hanging toys on his rocker... all these keeps him awake until its nap time :) maybe u can give it a try...
Ya, agreed. You have to adjusting your baby sleeping hours. Dont let the baby for evening timing (6pm to 8.30pm). I found if they sleep on this hours. They not sleep not well at night.

hotmilktea

Not necessary, our body react differently.
Many westerners milk no decrease even when menses, I think because of their intake of daily products such as cheese etc.
My anenatal consultant said 1 look can tell the expressed milk is frm Asian or westerners.
Anyway, my target was until 6mths, iif can is good , if not I already try my best. Can't wait for 6 months so I can go back to jog too.

Not necessary, our body react differently.
Many westerners milk no decrease even when menses, I think because of their intake of daily products such as cheese etc.
My anenatal consultant said 1 look can tell the expressed milk is frm Asian or westerners.
Anyway, my target was until 6mths, iif can is good , if not I already try my best. Can't wait for 6 months so I can go back to jog too.
Hi Hotmilktea,
My target is for at least 6 months, but if can persist longer then better.
Now try hard to increase my breastmilk, but really difficult.
Hotmilktea, why now cannot jog?? Or your mean go back to job??

I am working mother, sometime i found bore at home if i be full time working. I found that not easy to be a full time mother.

hotmilktea

Jog. If jog , milk definetly will drop.
I don't stress over anymore if my milk enough or not. I just take it naturally.
I am also not a full time mother kind of person. I been not working since dec 2010 till now. Really need to get out of the house.

Hi Hotmilktea,

I am working mother, sometime i found bore at home if i be full time working. I found that not easy to be a full time mother.

Alisa

My menses came today, I guess it means my breast milk will decrease soon.
i kept having spotting on off, not sure is this menses? had it b4 CNY then stop for few days then come again... did test for pregnancy but negative so really don know if this consider menses.

ya, try to play with him to make him awake, don make the room too quiet in the day. I always say good morning to him when he work up around 7+am to let him know its morning le.

Hi Hotmilktea,

Jog. If jog , milk definetly will drop.
I don't stress over anymore if my milk enough or not. I just take it naturally.
I am also not a full time mother kind of person. I been not working since dec 2010 till now. Really need to get out of the house.
im working le and only pump once a day but once back at home, i will latch him on so i guess i can feed him more than 6mths with my milk cuz not only i can latch on, i have lots of frozen milk in my freezer.

this pic was taken last mth. i bought 2 packs everyday to Infant care and i can manage to express 2 packs per day so the bags are not decreasing.

to all mother who still wan to breastfeed their babies, Jia Yu!

yingzy

How many months of your baby?? Not really if breastfeeding the menses wont come. But as per mentioned by Hotmilktea, when the menses come the breastmilk will dropped.
i see...my son arrived on 25 oct :) but when nanny left i got no help so i din get to rest nor hv time to pump...so eventually my milk supply went off... so sad...

i kept having spotting on off, not sure is this menses? had it b4 CNY then stop for few days then come again... did test for pregnancy but negative so really don know if this consider menses.

ya, try to play with him to make him awake, don make the room too quiet in the day. I always say good morning to him when he work up around 7+am to let him know its morning le.

im working le and only pump once a day but once back at home, i will latch him on so i guess i can feed him more than 6mths with my milk cuz not only i can latch on, i have lots of frozen milk in my freezer.

this pic was taken last mth. i bought 2 packs everyday to Infant care and i can manage to express 2 packs per day so the bags are not decreasing.

to all mother who still wan to breastfeed their babies, Jia Yu!
Wow, there a lot frozen breastmilk... so envy...
How I wish I can expressing more and keep my breastmilk as you.
You bring 2 bags to infant care and you able to expressing 2 bags... mean you can keep maintain your breastmilk.. so good.

Dont know can i drink papaya soup to increase my breastmilk?? Haha, some of my friends told me, is too late to drink papaya soup.