EDD October

hi alisa,
morning.
I think I overfeed my girl then why she vomit. I current reduce her intake for 90 ml. hope she get better.
how many hour your boy drink 90ml?
will your baby sleep a lot? I find my girl if she not sleep, then she will cry and keep demand the milk.

hi alisa and hotmilktea,
so far how you handle your boy? I so far ok, but find feeding her very stress and tiring for pumping breastmilk. sometime feel like given up.

yinching

hi alisa,
morning.
I think I overfeed my girl then why she vomit. I current reduce her intake for 90 ml. hope she get better.
will your baby sleep a lot? I find my girl if she not sleep, then she will cry and keep demand the milk.

hi alisa and hotmilktea,
so far how you handle your boy? I so far ok, but find feeding her very stress and tiring for pumping breastmilk. sometime feel like given up.
Hi,

my girl also recently can't slp, usually she will slp after drinking her milk. But now she has been crying and dun wan to slp. Maybe my mum's plc is on upgrading, has been making of alot of noise and digging the ground.Making my girl can't slp at all. She also demand for milk after her poo. Really can't handle if she crys too much and have to carry her patting her to slp.

I find too stress and tired too as not enough slp in the middle of the night. My mum also feel that too, she has to handle her in the middle of the night. Both of us feel so tired, and I feel more stress after pumping the milk out and so little.

lyra

Handling babies is very tiring de. I kind of got used to it. Every morning he'll demand for attention, every afternoon, he'll sleep more and every evening, he'll fuss. Just have to stay positive and talk to baby, let him hear ur voice and feel ur touch. I read in Kellymom that babies cry and fuss because they want to be loved and cuddled. This is a new environment for them after 9-10mths in the womb so they really need getting used to here. Every time my baby fuss, I just encourage myself to persevere and give him lots more love. I scolded him once coz he made me so exhausted but I felt really guilty and I told myself never to do that again. I try not to offer him pacifier and infant formula because I want to persevere and not take the easy route. I believe pacifier will only solve problem temporarily coz what he really wants is attention and cuddling, and true that formula makes him sleep longer hrs but I tell myself just hang on a bit and he'll learn to sleep through the night le. I've friends who total breastfeed their babies until 1 or 2 years old so I keep using them as models to motivate myself. Jia you, mummies!

Alisa

hi alisa,
morning.

hi alisa and hotmilktea,
he will min. sleep for 2 hrs, sometime can up to 3-4hrs! thats a really blessing! i can still handle him cuz even tho my mil did my confinement, she only really help up in the night time, morning im all alone with my baby. sometimes i cannot tahan i also beat his butt, got once i beat his leg and he cried even louder! i regretted it... now i will try to pat him when he cry and if he still continue to cry, i will carry him.

Hi,

my girl also recently can't sleep, usually she will sleep after drinking her milk. But now she has been crying and dont want to sleep. Maybe my mum's plc is on upgrading, has been making of alot of noise and digging the ground.Making my girl can't sleep at all. She also demand for milk after her poo. Really can't handle if she crys too much and have to carry her patting her to sleep.

I find too stress and tired too as not enough sleep in the middle of the night. My mum also feel that too, she has to handle her in the middle of the night. Both of us feel so tired, and I feel more stress after pumping the milk out and so little.
is it she is still hungry? how much u feed her?

Handling babies is very tiring . I kind of got used to it. Every morning he'll demand for attention, every afternoon, he'll sleep more and every evening, he'll fuss. Just have to stay positive and talk to baby, let him hear your voice and feel your touch. I read in Kellymom that babies cry and fuss because they want to be loved and cuddled. This is a new environment for them after 9-10mths in the womb so they really need getting used to here. Every time my baby fuss, I just encourage myself to persevere and give him lots more love. I scolded him once coz he made me so exhausted but I felt really guilty and I told myself never to do that again. I try not to offer him pacifier and infant formula because I want to persevere and not take the easy route. I believe pacifier will only solve problem temporarily coz what he really wants is attention and cuddling, and true that formula makes him sleep longer hours but I tell myself just hang on a bit and he'll learn to sleep through the night . I've friends who total breastfeed their babies until 1 or 2 years old so I keep using them as models to motivate myself. Jia you, mummies!
i really peifu u! i surrender liao!

hotmilktea

I m dwn with flu, went to see doc and I emphasize 3 times that I m BF my 3wk old son, so watever medicine he gv must be safe.
YET he prescribe me the flu pills that is NOT safe. I check online n call the pharmacist, lucky I did a check. Nw he got to drink formula n I pump and throw all milk away. Goodness me wat doc is tat

yinching

he will min. sleep for 2 hrs, sometime can up to 3-4hrs! thats a really blessing! i can still handle him cuz even tho my mil did my confinement, she only really help up in the night time, morning im all alone with my baby. sometimes i cannot tahan i also beat his butt, got once i beat his leg and he cried even louder! i regretted it... now i will try to pat him when he cry and if he still continue to cry, i will carry him.

Hi Alisa,

I feed her 90ml, after my girl pass motion she feel hungry. I dare not feed her too much after that, I feed her little by little until she slps.

Hi Alisa,

I feed her 90ml, after my girl pass motion she feel hungry. I dare not feed her too much after that, I feed her little by little until she slps.
hi yinchng,
my girl about same as your girl. currently my place is upgrading the lift, very noise also. my girl sometime shock by noise sound.
my girl usually take 110 ml last few weeks. but recently, I find I overfeed her. have few times, she vomit out her milk. feel terrible when saw her suffer for vomit ouout the milk. I reduce to 90 ml every 3 hours. but my girl keep asking milk after 1.5 hours. her mouth keep looking milk. look like very hungry. I did not feed her. I afraid overfeed her. she crying then I have to carry n pat her.

do you burp after you feed your girl. I feed my girl the she will fall in sleep. but after I start burp her, she awake. put her in cot bed, then she don't want to sleep. have to carry and pat her. sometime can take about one hour to pat her to sleep. she sleep half to one hour then looking milk again. really tiring. me cannot rest.

I m dwn with flu, went to see doc and I emphasize 3 times that I m BF my 3wk old son, so watever medicine he gv must be safe.
YET he prescribe me the flu pills that is NOT safe. I check online n call the pharmacist, lucky I did a check. Nw he got to drink formula n I pump and throw all milk away. Goodness me wat doc is tat

Hi hotmilktea,
what is the medicine name?? Do you call back to clinic ask the doctor why give the medicine which not safe to breastfeeding...
So irresponsible doctor.

Hi Alisa,
Wow, really great. Can sleep for 3 to 4 hours. Then u have more personal time.
My girl seldom sleep so long. I take care my girl alone at day time. Sometime hard to get the time to pumping breastmilk.
So you should not have the problem to pumping milk if your boy can sleep 3 to 4 hours.
Alisa, you give your boy breastmilk day time and formula night day?? I actually want botlle feed my girl breastmilk at night time, but i found need time to warm up the breastmilk at night time. Some time cannot know what time she wake up for her milk, so cannot warm up the breastmilk. Do you bottle feed your boy at night time??

Ya, i find tha fully breastfeeding mother is very "wei da".
Lyra, are you working mother??

hotmilktea

Pang, I don't bother going back to doc, and decide to just stop BF for 2 days. My boy kinda reject formula, he don't really want to drink and didn't poo at all since yesterday. I jus want to recover quickly, can't even go near him now.

Lyra like myself, we are not working at moment. After my confinement ends which is this Sunday, I will be takin care of my boy full time. It's really stressful coz he dun sleep frm 12-4am this morning, sleep for a while then wake up at abt 6 again! We are going to buy Yao lan soon. Although I m very against the idea. But if it can coax him to sleep then I transfer him to bed, sld be ok I guess

lyra

Hi, I'm full time mother.

Hotmilktea, I heard from lactation consultant if we have cold, we can still breastfeed provided the medicine is ok for breastfeeding. Dun have to stay away from child because even before you exhibit the symptoms, the virus is already in your body and you would have already passed it to your baby. If we have the antibodies and breastfeed it to the baby, baby dun need to take medicine. That's what I heard. Maybe you can call up the lactation consultant to ask again. Look for breastfeeding friendly doctors coz I find not all doctors are knowledgable about breastfeeding.

Alisa

Hi Alisa,

Think 90ml for yr 4 weeks baby is consider ok. mine is already 1mth 8 days le still drinking 90ml to 100ml only.

Hi Alisa,
Wow, really great. Can sleep for 3 to 4 hours. Then you have more personal time.
My girl seldom sleep so long. I take care my girl alone at day time. Sometime hard to get the time to pumping breastmilk.
So you should not have the problem to pumping milk if your boy can sleep 3 to 4 hours.
Alisa, you give your boy breastmilk day time and formula night day?? I actually want botlle feed my girl breastmilk at night time, but i found need time to warm up the breastmilk at night time. Some time cannot know what time she wake up for her milk, so cannot warm up the breastmilk. Do you bottle feed your boy at night time??

Ya, i find tha fully breastfeeding mother is very "wei da".
sleeping 3 to 4 hrs is really very rare and usually in the night time only. this few days in the day time, after feed, he will sleep around 30mins and wake up for attention le... i have many times, express milk till half way, stop and carry him lor. ytd i still quarrel with my hubby, he & my mil kept thinking i have plenty of time to sleep during the day, its ME who don wan to sleep lor! then i told him, u take care of him in the day and see la! today he really took leave and took care of baby while i finally sleep in day time! and baby never give him a easy time! kept crying every 30mins or so. hee... then he say, he finally understand my situation le. so happy he kena from baby too! ahahah...

i actually replace breastmilk with water, so i put 90ml of water + 2 scoops of fomula. i don put 3 scoops cuz i feel that will over fed as breastmilk is also filling wan. Maybe u can try too.

Hi, I'm full time mother.

Hotmilktea, I heard from lactation consultant if we have cold, we can still breastfeed provided the medicine is ok for breastfeeding. dont have to stay away from child because even before you exhibit the symptoms, the virus is already in your body and you would have already passed it to your baby. If we have the antibodies and breastfeed it to the baby, baby dont need to take medicine. That's what I heard. Maybe you can call up the lactation consultant to ask again. Look for breastfeeding friendly doctors coz I find not all doctors are knowledgable about breastfeeding.
ya, that time i just gave birth and got flu on the 2nd day onwards, the lactation consultant also say when im having flu, the more i need to breastfeed my son but i never take any flu med la, i recover by myself.

yinching

hi yinchng,
my girl about same as your girl. currently my place is upgrading the lift, very noise also. my girl sometime shock by noise sound.
my girl usually take 110 ml last few weeks. but recently, I find I overfeed her. have few times, she vomit out her milk. feel terrible when saw her suffer for vomit ouout the milk. I reduce to 90 ml every 3 hours. but my girl keep asking milk after 1.5 hours. her mouth keep looking milk. look like very hungry. I did not feed her. I afraid overfeed her. she crying then I have to carry n pat her.

do you burp after you feed your girl. I feed my girl the she will fall in sleep. but after I start burp her, she awake. put her in cot bed, then she don't want to sleep. have to carry and pat her. sometime can take about one hour to pat her to sleep. she sleep half to one hour then looking milk again. really tiring. me cannot rest.
Hi,

How old is ur girl now? I burp her after feeding, today she got shock by the noise from the upgrading and the noise from the digging of the ground. I think i have to increase her milk to 100ml. Usually after she pass motion, she will look for milk.

hotmilktea

Lyra & Alicia, I read abt that too, but because the flu is passed by my hubby and I am sneezing very badly that I hv to take medication. If not both of us are down and my mum is alone taking care. I want to recover quick but am really pissed that the pill is not breastfeed friendly.

Yes u r right, I hv encounter doc and PD not BF friendly and am very disappointed.

Kachan78

Hi hotmilktea

I use medela pump in style. Good n quiet.

I never seem to have time to pump except at night when bb is sleeping. He's feeding throughout the day he's practically glued to me. Have to feed him formula twice nightly because he was not sleeping but kept feeding n feeding.

Hi,

How old is ur girl now? I burp her after feeding, today she got shock by the noise from the upgrading and the noise from the digging of the ground. I think i have to increase her milk to 100ml. Usually after she pass motion, she will look for milk.
My girl 1 mth 1 week. She drink 100ml for every 3 hours. But have not reach 3 hours. she really start asking milk. But i will carry her or give her pacifier.. cause i dont want overfeed her. If i fee her early (before 3 hours), i afraid she vomit out.

Think 90ml for yr 4 weeks baby is consider ok. mine is already 1mth 8 days le still drinking 90ml to 100ml only.

sleeping 3 to 4 hrs is really very rare and usually in the night time only. this few days in the day time, after feed, he will sleep around 30mins and wake up for attention le... i have many times, express milk till half way, stop and carry him lor. ytd i still quarrel with my hubby, he & my mil kept thinking i have plenty of time to sleep during the day, its ME who don wan to sleep lor! then i told him, u take care of him in the day and see la! today he really took leave and took care of baby while i finally sleep in day time! and baby never give him a easy time! kept crying every 30mins or so. hee... then he say, he finally understand my situation le. so happy he kena from baby too! ahahah...

i actually replace breastmilk with water, so i put 90ml of water + 2 scoops of fomula. i don put 3 scoops cuz i feel that will over fed as breastmilk is also filling wan. Maybe u can try too.

ya, that time i just gave birth and got flu on the 2nd day onwards, the lactation consultant also say when im having flu, the more i need to breastfeed my son but i never take any flu med la, i recover by myself.
Hi Alisa,
I agreed. Man never know how busy we are when we take care of the baby. They will think we stay whole day at home. Free and easy.
I also hard to find time to pumping. i only able pumping 4 times a day (about 6 hours per time). Also face pumping half way to carry and pat her.
90ml water + 2 scoop. I will try next time.
But will your boy asking milk before 3 hours?? Do you feeding him??

lyra

Is the pill for fever? U can try googling for it but I thought actually there is no pills for viruses. Only vaccine... The pills should be to combat the symptoms of the flu virus like cough, runny nose etc. If u have no fever, its ok not to take the pill? If I have a virus like flu, I might just continue breast-feeding without taking any medicine and just sleep and drink a lot of water. That is if I've no fever. Coz if ur body recover from the virus, the symptoms will go away by itself. Dun need any pills to help alleviate it.

Lyra & Alicia, I read abt that too, but because the flu is passed by my hubby and I am sneezing very badly that I hv to take medication. If not both of us are down and my mum is alone taking care. I want to recover quick but am really pissed that the pill is not breastfeed friendly.

Yes u r right, I hv encounter doc and PD not BF friendly and am very disappointed.

Alisa

Hi Alisa,
I agreed. Man never know how busy we are when we take care of the baby. They will think we stay whole day at home. Free and easy.
I also hard to find time to pumping. i only able pumping 4 times a day (about 6 hours per time). Also face pumping half way to carry and pat her.
90ml water + 2 scoop. I will try next time.
But will your boy asking milk before 3 hours?? Do you feeding him??
i can only pump 3 times a day sometimes only twice... sometimes he will ask for milk after 1hr, most of the time 2 hrs. last night he his last feed is around 12+ and last him to 4am again but after that 6+ then 8+. so his 3-4hrs is really depends wan. i will still feed him if he wans but if he sleep halfway, i will not force him cuz not point forcing him. once he sleep, he will not suck liao. hahah...

i can only pump 3 times a day sometimes only twice... sometimes he will ask for milk after 1hr, most of the time 2 hrs. last night he his last feed is around 12+ and last him to 4am again but after that 6+ then 8+. so his 3-4hrs is really depends wan. i will still feed him if he wans but if he sleep halfway, i will not force him cuz not point forcing him. once he sleep, he will not suck liao. hahah...
sometime I can take 1 hour+ to pumping as to entertain my girl if she crying, I will stop pumping to carry and pat her.
alisa, you throw away the milk if your boy not finish it or keep in warmer?

how many hours we can keep the milk in warmer? cause sometime I willtake out the milk in warmer half hour before feeding time. but sometime my girl will sleep over the feeding time. wondering long long can keep the milk warmer?
you first in first your breastmilk, or give fresh breastmilk to your boy? I hear someone said we should give fresh breastmilk, is more good to baby.