EDD October

Stephy126

Yeah, whenever my baby sleep around this hour.. she will wake up about 3 times (2 hours to 2.5 interval each time) for night feeding. We are trying to train her up so that she could stop her demand on night feeding... finger cross now..

Ya, agreed. You have to adjusting your baby sleeping hours. Dont let the baby for evening timing (6pm to 8.30pm). I found if they sleep on this hours. They not sleep not well at night.

yingzy

Yeah, whenever my baby sleep around this hour.. she will wake up about 3 times (2 hours to 2.5 interval each time) for night feeding. We are trying to train her up so that she could stop her demand on night feeding... finger cross now..
Maybe at dat timing ur can try to bring ur babies go for a walk... or bath them one more time at like 7... so there is one activity dat u've been doing everyday and den dey will start to look forward to e activity and will not fall asleep during dat timing instead..

Potofstars

oh no! that is is really stressful dat he doesn't slps at nite... you need to try to keep him awake during day time.. i know it sounds cruel not letting him sleep but this is e only way to revert his sleeping hours back... for me i always talk to my son, let him watch baby tv, play with e hanging toys on his rocker... all these keeps him awake until its nap time :) maybe you can give it a try...
Thanks! Will try, but it's a bit hard to keep him awake cos he gets very grumpy and fussy. Been waking him up at 9 plus in the morning too ( otherwise he can sleep till two in the pm), but can see that he gets really tired (yawning, rubbing eyes) after one plus hour.

yingzy

Thanks! Will try, but it's a bit hard to keep him awake cos he gets very grumpy and fussy. Been waking him up at 9 plus in the morning too ( otherwise he can sleep till two in the pm), but can see that he gets really tired (yawning, rubbing eyes) after one plus hour.
ya...slowly adjust his slping timing... its oso diff to handle them when dey are super cranky! maybe u can try mixing friso comfort to ur current formula now as friso comfort is thicker and can last long.. the ratio is 1:1

my son originally hv this problem..everytime he burps all e milk will come out... and den i mix his formula (enfalac A+ HA) with friso comfort... he started not puke so much milk out... and now only once in a blue moon den will puke milk out if he doesn't stay still while drinking his milk... friso comfort is thicker so it will settle in their stomach longer too... so they won't be hungry that fast :) but not all baby are ok with it...so i'm only giving a suggestion for u to try :)

Potofstars

ya...slowly adjust his sleeping timing... its also diff to handle them when dey are super cranky! maybe you can try mixing friso comfort to your current formula now as friso comfort is thicker and can last long.. the ratio is 1:1

my son originally have this problem..everytime he burps all e milk will come out... and then i mix his formula (enfalac A+ HA) with friso comfort... he started not puke so much milk out... and now only once in a blue moon then will puke milk out if he doesn't stay still while drinking his milk... friso comfort is thicker so it will settle in their stomach longer too... so they won't be hungry that fast :) but not all baby are ok with it...so i'm only giving a suggestion for you to try :)
My boy's on full breastfeeding. Initially I thought he was hungry hence can't sleep at night, so I was nursing him almost every hour at night, but still can't sleep. At night, he's super alert, cooing, laughing, smiling and even pooing at 4am for the last one week! Anyway he is 8.2 kg now, really scared of overfeeding him (though they say can't overfeed if bf?). So in the end, usually i will just play with him till he's really really tired or till he cries then nurse him to sleep. Another thing is he usually goes to sleep by nursing, which worries me, cos if I go back to work, don't know how he is going to sleep. But tried rocking him, pacifier (he rejects), white noise - all doesn't work. :(

Sorry first time mum here -- really unsure abt parenting...

yingzy

My boy's on full breastfeeding. Initially I thought he was hungry hence can't sleep at night, so I was nursing him almost every hour at night, but still can't sleep. At night, he's super alert, cooing, laughing, smiling and even pooing at 4am for the last one week! Anyway he is 8.2 kg now, really scared of overfeeding him (though they say can't overfeed if bf?). So in the end, usually i will just play with him till he's really really tired or till he cries then nurse him to sleep. Another thing is he usually goes to sleep by nursing, which worries me, cos if I go back to work, don't know how he is going to sleep. But tried rocking him, pacifier (he rejects), white noise - all doesn't work. :(

how many weeks if your boy already? i tink actually ur son has associate night time as day time and day time as night time thus all this activities you've been doing with at night you should slowly try to stop... make sure night time he is in a dark room... and then you swaddle him and put him to e cot (maybe can add a lil lullaby music) den do not give eye contact nor talk to him...juz pat him/sing him to slp... when its day time...unswaddle him and start to move his hands n legs... let him noe its time to play and drink milk...

for me at nite after 9pm i make sure all e nitefeed all are done in dim light in baby's room.. even when i feed him n put him back to bed i did not talk to him.. sometimes after feed he seems not tired... i juz leave him at his cot... and he will play a while a fall asleep on his own...

Potofstars

Wow so envious your baby can self soothe himself to sleep. My baby is reaching four months in a week's time.
Yup I'm trying to be very boring at night so that he knows it's night time. And he does not like swaddling at all - he's very strong, can break out of the swaddle since one month. He has started flipping from back to front since 2.5 months so I dont't think swaddling will help. He tends to wake up crying at night when flipping cos he can't turn back - do you experience that?

yingzy

Wow so envious your baby can self soothe himself to sleep. My baby is reaching four months in a week's time.
Yup I'm trying to be very boring at night so that he knows it's night time. And he does not like swaddling at all - he's very strong, can break out of the swaddle since one month. He has started flipping from back to front since 2.5 months so I dont't think swaddling will help. He tends to wake up crying at night when flipping cos he can't turn back - do you experience that?
wow! ur baby is very fast... my boy still can flip back n forth... so i dun experience dat...maybe u can like stuffs bolsters all ard him so that he can flip back? and maybe this will let him hv a gd slp...

Potofstars

wow! ur baby is very fast... my boy still can flip back n forth... so i dun experience dat...maybe u can like stuffs bolsters all ard him so that he can flip back? and maybe this will let him hv a gd slp...
Hmmm, tried to use bolsters to prevent him frm flipping but he will grunt and try and do it till he flips. So I feel bolsters actually more dangerous, he may suffocate. He is now sleeping on his tummy although I keep putting him on his back. Tried to turn him back last time, he screamed bloody murder, so I don't dare to turn him now. But worried about sids, so gotta check on him constantly

yingzy

wow...i tink soon i will hv to face this too.. do u hv a baby monitor? maybe u can get one..any sound made by ur son or movement e monitor will show...

cuz my son doesn't slp with me... i made him slp in his cot in his own room so i use a baby monitor to hear him cry and hear his movement... e monitor actually has lights to show e movements too... it is sensitive enough to track it :)

Alisa

Wow, there a lot frozen breastmilk... so envy...
How I wish I can expressing more and keep my breastmilk as you.
You bring 2 bags to infant care and you able to expressing 2 bags... mean you can keep maintain your breastmilk.. so good.

Dont know can i drink papaya soup to increase my breastmilk?? Haha, some of my friends told me, is too late to drink papaya soup.
i think its never late. how i got these supply is bcuz when my son was coming to 2 mths, i only feed breastmilk in the day and formula at night for about 1 mth then after that i realised i have crack when expressing so i stop express and latch on till now. My crack healed thanks to my son. during my confinement, my MIL made papaya + fish soup everyday, u can try it.

hotmilktea

My son spit his milk so much that I called it merlion! Is that bad. I am so angry, everyday change 10 clothes is norm. Be it breast milk or formula also the same. The PD say he will grow out of it, so long he is gaining weight then no problem. It's just makes me busy only.

ya...slowly adjust his slping timing... its oso diff to handle them when dey are super cranky! maybe u can try mixing friso comfort to ur current formula now as friso comfort is thicker and can last long.. the ratio is 1:1

my son originally hv this problem..everytime he burps all e milk will come out... and den i mix his formula (enfalac A+ HA) with friso comfort... he started not puke so much milk out... and now only once in a blue moon den will puke milk out if he doesn't stay still while drinking his milk... friso comfort is thicker so it will settle in their stomach longer too... so they won't be hungry that fast :) but not all baby are ok with it...so i'm only giving a suggestion for u to try :)

Potofstars

wow...i tink soon i will hv to face this too.. do u hv a baby monitor? maybe u can get one..any sound made by ur son or movement e monitor will show...

cuz my son doesn't slp with me... i made him slp in his cot in his own room so i use a baby monitor to hear him cry and hear his movement... e monitor actually has lights to show e movements too... it is sensitive enough to track it :)
My baby sleeps with me or my mother-in-law, so if he wakes we will know. Where did u get the baby monitor from?
Do u know where to buy Sophie the giraffe? Thinking of buying for my baby

lyra

Potofstars, ur son's behavior sounds like my son! Rejecting sleep but my son dun feed every hr at nite. Must b hard on u! If ur son is on full Breastfeeding like my son, dun feed him formula milk or solids to make him artificially full. Research has shown that feeding bb fm or solids does not made them sleep better n breastmilk is the best. Although ppl give solids when bb is 4 month old, it's better to wait until 6 month.

My friends once advised me to start inculcating good sleep habits by 6 weeks so since he's 6 weeks old, by 8pm its dim and no loud sounds, no playing but soft singing n talking. Now by 7-8pm my bb will auto b sleepy n grouchy if he's not soothed to sleep. The problem is he's very difficult to soothe to sleep. I need to rock him, nurse him while he fuss n cries until he sleeps, usually takes an hr. u can try to create an environment for bb to fall asleep gently. Sleep is not a state that we can force bb to go into. If we let them 'cry it out' he may learn to fear gng to sleep n that will b more trouble later on. Also when u start work, u can still nurse him to sleep at night right? I love to do that as its a nice bonding. I'm also starting work soon. I occasionally let my parents take care of bb n he goes off to sleep fine without me nursing him! So dun worry. Bb r smart. When they know mummy isn't around, they adapt well!

At night, if he wakes up, besides nursing, u can try patting him. My son co sleeps on my bed n I find he sleeps better this way. If he wakes up shortly after nursing n I'm sure he's not hungry, I'll sing a familiar tune n pat pat his back. He goes back to sleep.

Last edited:

lyra

Haha hotmilktea, he's what Kelly mom website calls a happy spitter! Yup as long as it doesn't affect his health, dun worry too much. His gut will mature by 6 months n ur prob will b lesser :)

My friend's bb was also like that n he's now a healthy boy, chubby n active but he cannot take in too much water at one time coz he'll merlion which I think may b that's how his body works. So his mum is careful with giving him liquids n he's fine.

My son spit his milk so much that I called it merlion! Is that bad. I am so angry, everyday change 10 clothes is norm. Be it breast milk or formula also the same. The PD say he will grow out of it, so long he is gaining weight then no problem. It's just makes me busy only.

Potofstars

Potofstars, ur son's behavior sounds like my son! Rejecting sleep but my son dun feed every hr at nite. Must b hard on u! If ur son is on full Breastfeeding like my son, dun feed him formula milk or solids to make him artificially full. Research has shown that feeding bb fm or solids does not made them sleep better n breastmilk is the best. Although ppl give solids when bb is 4 month old, it's better to wait until 6 month.

My friends once advised me to start inculcating good sleep habits by 6 weeks so since he's 6 weeks old, by 8pm its dim and no loud sounds, no playing but soft singing n talking. Now by 7-8pm my bb will auto b sleepy n grouchy if he's not soothed to sleep. The
problem is he's very difficult to soothe to sleep. I need to rock him, nurse him while he fuss n cries until he sleeps, usually takes an hr. u can try to create an environment for bb to fall asleep gently. Sleep is not a state that we can force bb to go into. If we let them 'cry it out' he may learn to fear gng to sleep n that will b more trouble later on. Also when u start work, u can still nurse him to sleep at night right? I love to do that as its a nice bonding. I'm also starting work soon. I occasionally let my parents take care of bb n he goes off to sleep fine without me nursing him! So dun worry. Bb r smart. When they know mummy isn't around, they adapt well!

At night, if he wakes up, besides nursing, u can try patting him. My son co sleeps on my bed n I find he sleeps better this way. If he wakes up shortly after nursing n I'm sure he's not hungry, I'll sing a familiar tune n pat pat his back. He goes back to sleep.
Hi lyra, thanks for the suggestions!
My son doesn't need to feed every hour at night I think, it's just that when he fusses after playing, or when he yawns/rubs eyes, I will nurse him to see if he wants to sleep. Initially in the beginning, my mother-in-law and hubby thinks that maybe my milk supply is low or breast milk makes baby hungry easily, so we did supplement, but baby rejects bottle after drinking like 50ml or so.

I didn't know abt inculcating gd sleep habits so I just let my baby sleep when he wants and wake up when he wants. It's just that for the past two weeks, he is up all night and sleeps a lot in the day and it is really tiring. So now I'm still trying to adjust his timing and it is not easy... I do feel a bit sad having to wake him up in the day when he's sleeping so sweetly, and when he is woken up by me, he cries.

I have also noticed that even if my baby does sleep at night, he will wake up very frequently crying... And patting doesn't work. Needs to be carried, and by then he'd be wide awake and wouldn't sleep till few hours later. I hope this is just a phase

yingzy

My baby sleeps with me or my mother-in-law, so if he wakes we will know. Where did u get the baby monitor from?
Do u know where to buy Sophie the giraffe? Thinking of buying for my baby
i bought it from Philip avent during baby fair.. there is 2 coming up at expo on e 3rd & 4th weekend of feb...but i tink e 4th one is bigger cuz host by mediacorp BUT it clash with NATAS fair... so my hub will take leave and we'll try to go on friday instead of e weekends... cuz its time to grab baby chair since my son suppose to be starting solids soon

u can try this website for sophie... Unique Cute Stuff for Home - Instock: Vulli Sophie the Giraffe In-Stock bought from them before...

Potofstars

i bought it from Philip avent during baby fair.. there is 2 coming up at expo on e 3rd & 4th weekend of feb...but i tink e 4th one is bigger cuz host by mediacorp BUT it clash with NATAS fair... so my hub will take leave and we'll try to go on friday instead of e weekends... cuz its time to grab baby chair since my son suppose to be starting solids soon

u can try this website for sophie... Unique Cute Stuff for Home - Instock: Vulli Sophie the Giraffe In-Stock bought from them before...
Ok thanks for the info!
I actually bought a bumbo seat for my baby last weekend but he can't fit into it. :( I'm actually thinking of starting solids later around six months. Your baby's showing interest in food?

yingzy

ya! my son merlion too! dats y my sis-in-law introduce e friso comfort... it really did makes a lot of difference... now he doesn't do e merlion anymore.. only once in a blue moon when he likes to figgit during his feed...den i know when i burp him sure merlion le...

yingzy

Ok thanks for the info!
I actually bought a bumbo seat for my baby last weekend but he can't fit into it. :( I'm actually thinking of starting solids later around six months. Your baby's showing interest in food?
ya! everytime we have our meals...he will start at us and e mouth will start to move...and he refuse to stay at his stroller and will wan us to carry him out...