EDD October

Alisa

Yes, I bring my baby to polyclinic for vaccines.
I tot the oral sabin is rotavirus...
Rotavirus is not given in polyclinic le. have to go private doc.

my son now can grab the side of his cot... do any mommies think i should lower down his cot?
I got into a quarrel with my hubby bcuz of this, he think i am too paranoid...

ksohfeng

Yishun polyclinic (NHG)there is rotavirus $90 each.
My Coll went to tampinese which is singhealth there is no rotavirus.
Personally feel NHG is more system n more update. Surf their site u will feel that.

my son now can grab the side of his cot... do any mommies think i should lower down his cot?

Potofstars

Rotavirus is not given in polyclinic . have to go private doc.

I feel should lower the cot. When my son did that, we lowered the cot by one level immediately..... i feel no harm in lowering it?

Stephy126

As far as I know, the vaccine for rotavirus come in 2 dosage and 3 dosage. I opted for 3 dosage and paid about SGD78/dosage at Mt Alvernia.

I feel should lower the cot. When my son did that, we lowered the cot by one level immediately..... i feel no harm in lowering it?

Ashleybee

Can he sits with support ? Six months onwards should lower the cot.

lyra

I'm a bit confused... so rotavirus is offered in Polyclinic or only in private clinics? Thought a mummy here mentioned I can only get it in private clinic?

I did a search and it did say oral sabin is for immunisation against Polio: POLIO SABIN™ (oral)
So what is the Rotavirus vaccine you gals were talking about?

Really very confused.

Yes, I agree that NHG is much better. Sengkang polyclinic is nearer, so I bring my kid there. I have been to AMK polyclinic which is under NHG to see doctor myself. Much better. The sengkang one doesn't even have a retail pharmacy. After seeing the doctor, he asked me and baby to wait outside the vaccination room and say we don't need to knock on the door to tell them as they will call our number. After waiting for awhile, we realised it doesn't seem right. We went to knock on the door and told the nurses. They said they don't have our number at all and we had to pass the health booklet to them and inform them before they can call us -.-"

Oic, polyclinic is two dose. $90/ dose

ksohfeng

Yishun is NHG , i bring my girl there for rotavirus.
i think

QUOTE=lyra;644492]I'm a bit confused... so rotavirus is offered in Polyclinic or only in private clinics? Thought a mummy here mentioned I can only get it in private clinic?

I did a search and it did say oral sabin is for immunisation against Polio: POLIO SABIN™ (oral)

Really very confused.

Yes, I agree that NHG is much better. Sengkang polyclinic is nearer, so I bring my kid there. I have been to AMK polyclinic which is under NHG to see doctor myself. Much better. The sengkang one doesn't even have a retail pharmacy. After seeing the doctor, he asked me and baby to wait outside the vaccination room and say we don't need to knock on the door to tell them as they will call our number. After waiting for awhile, we realised it doesn't seem right. We went to knock on the door and told the nurses. They said they don't have our number at all and we had to pass the health booklet to them and inform them before they can call us -.-"[/QUOTE]

Alisa

i went to Pasir Ris wan and the nurse told us they don have Rotavirus lor. i paid $89 each at private doc for 2 drink.

yingzy

YES! PLS LOWER E COT!!! my son (tummy time) tries to push himself up (shaping like an inverter V, with e butt at the highest point) and den turn! e moment i saw this...i told my hubby to LOWER e cot right away! because his Butt is higher den e cot barrier... Better to be safe den sorry right? we all want to keep our baby safe n sound right? so better play safe...

Hakida

I'm a bit confused... so rotavirus is offered in Polyclinic or only in private clinics? Thought a mummy here mentioned I can only get it in private clinic?

Really very confused.

Yes, I agree that NHG is much better. Sengkang polyclinic is nearer, so I bring my kid there. I have been to AMK polyclinic which is under NHG to see doctor myself. Much better. The sengkang one doesn't even have a retail pharmacy. After seeing the doctor, he asked me and baby to wait outside the vaccination room and say we dont't need to knock on the door to tell them as they will call our number. After waiting for awhile, we realised it doesn't seem right. We went to knock on the door and told the nurses. They said they dont't have our number at all and we had to pass the health booklet to them and inform them before they can call us -.-"
Hi Lyra,

Poliomyelitis and Rotavirus are two diff type of vaccines.
Polio vaccines can be administered thru injection or orally.Its for prevention of a virus thru the nervous system.
Rotavirus which is optional is for prevention of gastro problems like diarrhoea and vomitting.This has to be given orally either in two dosage or three dosage depending on the vaccines that the clinic is carrying.

Hope these information is useful to you.I think the best is to follow one paeds from the very first vaccinations to prevent any lapse in between.

Alisa

thanks all, i actually wanted to lower the cot when my son know how to flip but my stupid husband and mil kept thinking i am crazy! ytd we lower the cot already. i feel more save too!

lyra

Thnx Hakida! You sound like you are in medical line :)
i think I'll have to call the polyclinic I went to to ask. They did not offer these vaccines to me n didn't tell me about them too. Is it very necessary to immunize baby against these? I have friends who never give their kids these vaccines.

Hi Lyra,

Poliomyelitis and Rotavirus are two diff type of vaccines.
Polio vaccines can be administered thru injection or orally.Its for prevention of a virus thru the nervous system.
Rotavirus which is optional is for prevention of gastro problems like diarrhoea and vomitting.This has to be given orally either in two dosage or three dosage depending on the vaccines that the clinic is carrying.

Hope these information is useful to you.I think the best is to follow one paeds from the very first vaccinations to prevent any lapse in between.

Hakida

yah...I am a nurse,but I am a stay at home mum now.My PD will explain to me when he gave the vaccinations.Why don't you bring your kid to a PD for the vaccinations?'These immunization are compulsory under the requirements of MOH.And it's necessary so certain disease can be prevented ....i

lyra

When u get vaccination at pd's u will need to pay doctor fees etc right? At polyclinic, it's just the vaccination fee and it's pretty fast if we go in the morning. I assumed they will explain the immunization plan and give baby all necessary vaccinations.

yah...I am a nurse,but I am a stay at home mum now.My PD will explain to me when he gave the vaccinations.Why don't you bring your kid to a PD for the vaccinations?'These immunization are compulsory under the requirements of MOH.And it's necessary so certain disease can be prevented ....i

ksohfeng

Mummies,
U all feeding your baby sisen brown rice?
Si sen brown rice or the nestle brown rice good?
nestle brown rice got milk right..so cannot add our own milk inside?

Stephy126

HI Soh Feng,

I give my baby the rabbit brand si sen brown rice powder. Normally I will add 1 scoop of the brown rice to my baby's regular milk intake (i.e 1 scoop brown rice and 3 scoop milk powder) or add 1 scoop brown rice with 2 scoop of frisco cream as semi-solid food. I dont think there's milk in the nestle brown rice powder eh.. i bought it once but now only stick with the rabbit brand and frisco cream..

Mummies,

lyra

I squeeze my breastmilk into the bowl of brown rice and sishen powder until its paste form.

Mummies,

Hakida

I squeeze my breastmilk into the bowl of brown rice and sishen powder until its paste form.
yah,must pay for consultation fees,but My PD will also assess her growth and answer our enquiries at the same time.

Are u still latching on directly ?How much breastmilk do you add into the brown rice?