EDD Sep 2010

nightingale

Mummies,
Do you think it is necessary to have confinement ladies? Your opinion please ...
Hi Mickey88! I asked the same question at another thread some time back - you might be keen to have a look at some of the sharing by other mummies here:

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f39/confinement-lady-really-necessary-35802/

My view is that whether a CL is necessary really depends on the kind of family support you already have - e.g. helper, parents/in-laws, siblings etc. If you can save up that money for other stuff, good for you! CL not cheap these days - we're paying around $2K for ours.

xian

My cousin who drank coconut in her gave birth to a smooth skin baby. I was told to drink only the water but dont eat the flesh. Not very sure why though.

Baby Boy
1. cheng0605 - Thomson Medical Center 02 Sept
2. Delvy - Thomson Medical Center 8 Sept
3. mickey88 - Thomson Medical Center 6th Sept
4. pinkymummy - Thomson Medical Center 26 Sept
5. lovemk87 - Thomson Medical Center 23 Sept
6. kittymeowmeow - Thomson Medical Center 29 Sept

7. bubbleblue - Mt. A 15 Sept

Baby Gal
1. Mecolemummy - Mt. A 12 Sept
2. Nightingale - Mt. A 12 Sept :p
3. happybaby - Thomson Medical Center 03 Sept
4. raine - Thomson Medical Centre 12 Sept :001_302:
5. Mrs_EG - Thomson Medical Center 18 SEP :p
6. Jaslyn - Thomson Medical Center 21 Sept :001_302:
7. Danerine - Mt. A 7 Sept :001_302:
8. Christinawong - Mt. A 24 Sept
9. Adelene - singapore general hospital 24 Sept
10. MR300909 - Kandang Kerbau Hospital 13 Sept
11. xian - Kandang Kerbau Hospital 23 Sept
12. bee - Gleneagles 28 Sept

13. MummyK - Mt. A 28 Sept
NEW ADDITION! :D I went for my check up yesterday. It's pretty much confirmed! 1st Sept at Mt A! :)
I was horrified when I learnt that I gained 6kg on 3 weeks! Thanks to my KL holiday. -.- I've been eating non-stop! My baby boy is 1.75kg now (at 31 weeks) My doc said that the baby is slightly bigger and adviced that I should "eat till I am not hungry, not eat till I am full." (advice for mummies out there who are facing the same problem as me.)

P.S: I'm drowning myself with milk now. :D

My cousin who drank coconut in her gave birth to a smooth skin baby. I was told to drink only the water but dont eat the flesh. Not very sure why though.
Ahh... My mum told me that too. Based on experiences that I heard, women who drank coconut water during their last trimester had a smoother delivery, and a "cleaner" baby" (As in, the baby doesn't look so messy when he or she comes out)

Mickey88

Hi Mickey88! I asked the same question at another thread some time back - you might be keen to have a look at some of the sharing by other mummies here:

http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f39/confinement-lady-really-necessary-35802/

My view is that whether a CL is necessary really depends on the kind of family support you already have - e.g. helper, parents/in-laws, siblings etc. If you can save up that money for other stuff, good for you! CL not cheap these days - we're paying around $2K for ours.
Hi nightingale,

Actually i have reserved a CL... but now we are just having some second thoughts so asking for opinion... i'm paying $2200 for the one we reserved. so expensive...

mrs_eg

Hi nightingale,

Actually i have reserved a CL... but now we are just having some second thoughts so asking for opinion... i'm paying $2200 for the one we reserved. so expensive...

I wanted to have one... trying not to consider the fact that a stranger will be in the house... plus not sure if those "so-called" good ones are really "that" good... tried to call those "recommended ones" but they are all taken up... anyway... in the end my mum is willing to help.... so... that's good also...

Having some kind of confinement help will be good because it will allow u to "recover frm the labour... be it parents, in-laws, domestic helpers, hired CL... it will be good to at least get some kind of help...

whether to HIRE a CL really depends on whether u already hav the kinda help u wanted or not...... Some ppl DID NOT hire one cos (parents/in-laws or whoever already available) are able to help... or maybe they do not trust anyone else... the reasons can be many... some people that hired prefer to have someone else rather than their parents doing the "dirty n tiring" job... while others hired becos they dun have any help available...

At the end of the day... You will need help... hehehe

nightingale

NEW ADDITION! :D I went for my check up yesterday. It's pretty much confirmed! 1st Sept at Mt A! :)
I was horrified when I learnt that I gained 6kg on 3 weeks! Thanks to my KL holiday. -.- I've been eating non-stop! My baby boy is 1.75kg now (at 31 weeks) My doc said that the baby is slightly bigger and adviced that I should "eat till I am not hungry, not eat till I am full." (advice for mummies out there who are facing the same problem as me.)

P.S: I'm drowning myself with milk now. :D
Ooh 1st Sept! You're probably gonna be among the first Sept mummies to deliver your baby - so exciting! :)

My gynae has been 'scolding' me for my weight gain as well - in fact he told me to cut out milk altogether (I was drinking Anmum daily) because he said that the calcium supplements I'm taking every morning are more than sufficient for my calcium needs, and milk is VERY nutritious i.e. contributes to quick weight gain for some of us. So I'm trying to cut down on milk - now drinking more plain water and juices - have been able to maintain my weight for the past week so far. :)

hi ladies, do you feel your baby's movement more often these days? Just curious to ask cos I have been feeling my baby moving a lot this week. It is norm right?

DELvy

hi ladies, do you feel your baby's movement more often these days? Just curious to ask cos I have been feeling my baby moving a lot this week. It is norm right?
Yes! My baby has been quite active these few days. I can feel his movements every other hour, if not every hour. Before that, it's rather alternate. Like one day active, the next less active.

mrs_eg

Normal Normal.,... dun worry... It is jus wonderful to feel the movements... hehehe

If Im not wrong... babies by now are gradually developing their own sleeping patterns... so... you can keep in mind... the time your baby is active now will probably be the time the baby will be awake when ur baby is newly born... :Dancing_wub:

dl28

anybody heard of drinking raspberry leaf tea from the 3rd trimester onwards? it helps on an easier labour...
I have started on the raspberry leaf tea. but just one cup a day and also on alternate days.

Normal Normal.,... dont worry... It is just wonderful to feel the movements... hehehe

If Im not wrong... babies by now are gradually developing their own sleeping patterns... so... you can keep in mind... the time your baby is active now will probably be the time the baby will be awake when your baby is newly born... :Dancing_wub:
Oh my..really, my baby is more active in nights. baby will move and move as if moving house..lol

DELvy

Normal Normal.,... dont worry... It is just wonderful to feel the movements... hehehe

If Im not wrong... babies by now are gradually developing their own sleeping patterns... so... you can keep in mind... the time your baby is active now will probably be the time the baby will be awake when your baby is newly born... :Dancing_wub:
That's a good news for me leh. Cos my baby is usually more active during the day. I hope I will have good sleep after he's born :tlaugh:

Really, mrs_eg? Cos my baby is very active during the day especially I work. These days got to wake up once or twice at night. Find my baby sticking to strictly to 8hrs sleep while I used to be able to sleep up to 10hrs. I hope he will "kuai kaui" sleep at night like now when he is born. hehe

nightingale

Yes yes, baby has been moving around quite vigorously these days, can even feel her when I'm swimming! Some gynaes recommend that we do kick counts twice a day starting from the third trimester - during baby's active times just check whether you can feel at least 10 movements within one hour. Agree that it is very reassuring - it's the only way we can monitor baby's well being in between our ultrasounds! :)

mrs_eg

Ladies.... Ya... Read that they develop a sleeping pattern... But babies may move when you are sound asleep at night and without you knowing what.... Hahaha anyway newborns hav to be fed at about 3hrs intervals if im not wrong... So... Aiyah, dont expect you can sleep thru the night especially for the initial few mths... Hahahaha

sorry if i hav given you false hope!(opps) But aiya... Lesser sleep will be, no doubt, what we mothers/fathers need to go thru... So lets brace ourselves! And treasure as much sleep as you can NOW! :)

dl28

Btw... Sorry if smone already mention it... But can i ask? Where to get this rasberry leaf tea?
i bought the tea in bag form at Holland and Barrett stores. They are new stores springing up in malls.
CityLink Mall B1-61
Tiong Bahru Plaza #b1-10
Bukit Panjang Plaza 01-12
Vivocity b2-27A
313@ Somerset b3-08
Habourfront Centre 01-90

Holland and Barrett Promotions & Highlights | Welcome

also to be found in Brown rice paradise in Tanglin Mall.

Jaslyn288

hihi.. juz seeing my gynea today.. my gal abit oversize.. ohh dear... tink have to ctrl my diet le.. time really passed fast.. it's aldy 30wks..
hahaha.. my gynea ask me to tink abt pain frm now onwards.. lol

mrs_eg

i bought the tea in bag form at Holland and Barrett stores. They are new stores springing up in malls.
CityLink Mall B1-61
Tiong Bahru Plaza #b1-10
Bukit Panjang Plaza 01-12
Vivocity b2-27A
313@ Somerset b3-08
Habourfront Centre 01-90

Holland and Barrett Promotions & Highlights | Welcome

also to be found in Brown rice paradise in Tanglin Mall.

wow!!! sounds like an exquisite place for groceries.. but anyway thanx... I will go check it out!