EDD Sep 2010

happybaby

Hello to all MTB :Dancing_tongue:

First time here and new to forum posting! Not too sure if i got it correct...A bit of self introduction...1st time MTB & EDD is 3 Sept..have been looking through all posts & yes! we r all very excited and waiting patiently to go through all the scan and looking forward to see the baby development at every appt! Hope that everyone here will have a happy motherhood journey!

Will be going for the second detail scan on 24 April, then we should be able to know our baby gender! What a long wait...

BTW..am searching for info on booking confinement lady & also pre-natal massage...a bit of info in this forum to digest...written down a couple of tel no..but not too sure what questions to asked for confinement issues...any advice?

mrs_eg

Hello to all MTB :Dancing_tongue:

First time here and new to forum posting! Not too sure if i got it correct...A bit of self introduction...1st time MTB & EDD is 3 Sept..have been looking through all posts & yes! we r all very excited and waiting patiently to go through all the scan and looking forward to see the baby development at every appt! Hope that everyone here will have a happy motherhood journey!

Will be going for the second detail scan on 24 April, then we should be able to know our baby gender! What a long wait...

BTW..am searching for info on booking confinement lady & also pre-natal massage...a bit of info in this forum to digest...written down a couple of tel no..but not too sure what questions to asked for confinement issues...any advice?
Hihi HappyBaby,
welcome and congrats!
Im also looking for a CL... am first time mum here... so dun think I can help u in that area much... I have lots of questions too... have posted the questions in the confinement threads... maybe u can view them and probably find answers u are looking for... or u can also start ur own thread...
happy reading!
oh and Thanx for the blessings too... may u have a smooth journey to motherhood too

lis

congrats to ol mom to be(s).. my edd will be on 01092010.. will have my detailed scan tiz coming 14th.. can't wait for it..

have a safe & smooth journey for ol..!! =)

Adelene

hi Adelene! yah i agree, so many brands, so confusing. currently i've narrowed down to either Avent electric or Medela swing. like you, most of my friends told me not to buy first. based on their experiences, some not able to produce milk, some have inverted nipples etc. i dont mind waiting till after delivery, but i can't stand the kancheongness in me! hahaha

As for visits to wholesalers, I've not done so. One of my friends mentioned something like it's not as cheap as it seems. I only went to the recent taka fair just to recce the prices.
Hi Kittymeowmeow

I know what you mean about the kancheongness! Haha...I have not bought anything yet...a colleague (a father of 2) told me I should start shopping now before I get too heavy!

Adelene

kokolove:
really??? 18 weeks and you felt the movements??? cool....

Adelene:
congratss and welcome!

Btw, I havent bought any baby pdts yet... and dont really know of any wholesalers too.. but did browse baby pdts in shopping centres... check out wats there to buy... hehehe... i think abit too early to buy too.. will wait till 3rd tri bah...

Most of the comments I heard is that medela quite good... breast pump will recce but wont buy... unless i have problems breastfeeding...

lovemk87:
i think nail polishes are ok... as long as you dont smell too much fumes... make sure you apply it in well ventilated area... as for gel and acrylic kind... i dont dare to do... cos read some article about those questionable chemicals they use to do gel and acrylic...
Hi mrs_eg! Baby products are so expensive...I am thinking of having a baby shower and setting up a gift registry so friends and relatives can sponsor some of the baby's needs...hee hee...

mrs_eg

Hi ladies,
I jus went to the gynae for check up, baby hide the 'area', hence we are still not able to know whether the baby is going to be a boy or girl. hehehe... I think it will be a boy though, but hubby insisted his guess that it will be a girl,... we'll have to see if who's right next visit during the detailed scan... :)

How are u all doing??

Hi mrs_eg! Baby products are so expensive...I am thinking of having a baby shower and setting up a gift registry so friends and relatives can sponsor some of the baby's needs...hee hee...
hey adelene, if u are thinking of setting up a gift registry, this website will probably be useful...
http://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/baby-shower-gift-list.aspx?xid=nl_YourDailyNewsletterfromWhattoExpect_20100315

(hope this link works)

I Love this What To Expect website actually, if u have iphone do download the Whattoexpect application! They have daily reads for each individual day of ur pregnancy... :)

Last edited:

happybaby

Hi! anybody started your pre-natal massage? just booked Mdm Jumie for next Fri evening session (got the contact from motherhood forum). seemed the charges had increased abit - $45 for 60 min and $55 for 90 min. Let see if she really that good as per info from motherhood! will keep you all posted!

Got contact one CL (recommeded by ex-colleague), say she will come over to my place next week for face to face interview. Let's hope everything will be fine (",)

mrs_eg

Hi! anybody started your pre-natal massage? just booked Mdm Jumie for next Fri evening session (got the contact from motherhood forum). seemed the charges had increased abit - $45 for 60 min and $55 for 90 min. Let see if she really that good as per info from motherhood! will keep you all posted!

Got contact one CL (recommeded by ex-colleague), say she will come over to my place next week for face to face interview. Let's hope everything will be fine (",)
Do update ya? especially abt the pre-natal massage... :) thanx in advance!

varadidie

Mrseg and Happy Baby, I had my prenatal massage with Mrs Jumie as well during my 13th Weeks!!.. (I wrote a review on the 2nd trimester page http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f33/prenatal-massage-683/index2.html

Saw some good referral from Mummysg.com and tried it. She was among the few masseuse who accepted pregnant ladies as early as me. Approached Jamu Wellness at Jurong Point and they too, accepted massage request for 12 weeks and above but the price is $80 for an hour.

Mdm Jumie on the other hand charged $45 for an hour session, but I requested for 2 hours at S$55.. She actually massaged me for 2.5 hours. Can you imagine how relaxing was that!! :) I had such a restful sleep after the massage.. :) Will be calling her again in May i think..

Another news is, I found out the gender of my baby at my last check up (16 weeks 2 days) and its 90% a girl! :)

danerine

Alpha Male
Hi,

Hello to all the MTB in Sept 2010!

i am also a first mum to be and EDD is on the 7 Sept. Now i am 18 weeks, experience back pain. Is there anyone who can recommend any Pilate class or any ways to lessen the back pain?

kittymeowmeow

Hi ladies,
I just went to the gynae for check up, baby hide the 'area', hence we are still not able to know whether the baby is going to be a boy or girl. hehehe... I think it will be a boy though, but hubby insisted his guess that it will be a girl,... we'll have to see if who's right next visit during the detailed scan... :)

How are you all doing??

hey adelene, if you are thinking of setting up a gift registry, this website will probably be useful...
Baby Shower Gift List -- Gentle Care for Baby -- WhatToExpect.com

(hope this link works)

I Love this What To Expect website actually, if you have iphone do download the Whattoexpect application! They have daily reads for each individual day of your pregnancy... :)
ahhh mrs eg, your baby hid the "area"? heehee.. im going for my check up later, i really hope mine will "open up" hahah or else, another month of waitingness

I guess the heart beat rate thing is not as accurate for all. Went for my appointment last week and was told baby is 80% a boy. His heart beat rate is more than 150 per min and I dreamed I'm having a girl 2x. So I think it's totally opposite for me. Will things change when I go for the detail scan?

mrs_eg

Varadidie:
the massage held at the salon or at your home??? jurong very far for me...

Danerine:
Welcome and congrats! Sorry i duno any pilates class.. but I do pre-natal yoga...

kittymeowmeow:
ya lo... baby hid that area... my husband so disappointed to go back not knowing the sex...

christinawong:
wah... different from ur dream??? hmmm... i wonder if my intuition is corrrect..

Mickey88:
ur welcome, hope you find it useful... cos they ARE VERY useful for me... :)

nightingale

Hello everyone! So nice to find so many other September mummies and daddies-to-be here! :) I'm expecting our first baby - 90% confirmation that it will be a girl, yay - and am getting really excited with all the small baby movements that I've been feeling lately. Can hardly wait to feel baby's first kicks! :)

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!