EDD Sep 2010

Adelene

Thanks for your advice, Adelene. I just book my pre-natal class with Mt A and good thing I saw your post regarding the video. In fact I came across books that show the labour and delivery process which I was kinda of freak out not to mention watching 'live' video.

My EDD is on 15 Sept and I am expecting a prince. Will be booking with Mt Alvernia for delivery.
Hi Bubbleblue! Congrats and you're welcome :)

Me and my hubby were both born in Mt Alvernia...so it'll always have a special place in my heart...hehe...unfortunately I won't be delivering at Mt Alvernia because my FIL recommended Dr Yu and she only does delivery at SGH.

mrs_eg

Hi Mrs_Eg

Poor thing...but never mind...it may not be a bad thing to have watched it...I was reading What to Expect last night and it said something like it's better to know than not to know because fear is usually due to the unknown.

I always tell myself that if other women have gone through it, so can the rest of us. We're designed by God to bear children so it can't be that bad. At least if you know what to expect, hopefully that will reduce the fear. And also, we're luckier than our mothers who didn't even have the option of epidural. So...dont't worry. I'm sure it'll turn out fine :)
hahaha... not worried la...

mrs_eg

Hi all,

Hows everybody....???
Everyone seems busy these days... notcing lesser activities these days? All busy shopping and marketing surveying? (duno how exatly u call it) hahaha

I have finished my exams...
Now settled to start my baby shopping...
But....
I look at those baby shopping list and im like...Gosh... there is so much to buy...where to start?
what shld I buy first?
what is important wat is not?
and which brand?

aiyoh... exam also not so headache!! hahaha

so what have u people bought?

Last edited:

nightingale

hahah Mrs Eg, you sure sound like someone enjoying the smell of freedom after the studying! :D

Next on my shopping list: cot mattress, bumper pads and bedding sheets etc. Brought home a cot yesterday, finally! Motherhood Fair, here we come! :D

mrs_eg

hahah Mrs Eg, you sure sound like someone enjoying the smell of freedom after the studying! :D

Next on my shopping list: cot mattress, bumper pads and bedding sheets etc. Brought home a cot yesterday, finally! Motherhood Fair, here we come! :D
super cant wait!!!

the fair better be HUUUUUGGEEE!!!

cheng0605

Hi Cheng

The Pigeon bottles which are BPA free will state so on the packaging...those that dont't say anything are not BPA-free. Also, the price difference between the Pigeon BPA-free bottles and non-BPA free is quite obvious.

I believe Pigeon even has bottles made of glass which are of course BPA-free :) but may break...

is it? so far up till now didn't get to see any with bpa-free printing on their bottles

danerine

Alpha Male

The cot you brought was passed down or newly bought?
I had been looking for a cot also , seems to have too many choices. Care to share your experience with baby cot?

nightingale

We bought a second hand cot - we were looking for a walnut/dark brown cot and finally managed to find one on eBay in good condition, going for $150. :) Hubby and I were looking for a cot made of solid wood that felt sturdy, and we checked the cot barriers to make sure that there were no cracks / sharp edges, and that the sliding up/down mechanism and parts were working well, that's about it. Also check that all the nuts and bolts are still there!

How are you mummies feeling lately? I'm experiencing 'restless legs' - i.e. cannot sit still for too long, the butt and hips will feel very 'sng', and will need to stand up and stretch every now and then. Also baby movements are stronger these days - quite fun actually! Starting to feel real kicks already! :D

Last edited:

Adelene

Hi all,

Hows everybody....???
Everyone seems busy these days... notcing lesser activities these days? All busy shopping and marketing surveying? (duno how exatly u call it) hahaha

I have finished my exams...
Now settled to start my baby shopping...
But....
I look at those baby shopping list and im like...Gosh... there is so much to buy...where to start?
what shld I buy first?
what is important wat is not?
and which brand?

aiyoh... exam also not so headache!! hahaha

so what have u people bought?
Hi Mrs_Eg

So far we've only bought the Graco convertible play pen/ cot bed.

I want to buy cot mattress, Avent steriliser, bottles, breast pump, Combi Roanju high chair...

Stroller, car seat, diapers, clothes getting from my sister...and my mum got the bedding and towels...

Hi ladies,

Just back from my babymoon. Very tiring cause too much of walking.

Have not start doing the major shopping like baby cot and stroller, was thinking of waiting for this coming fair. Update us on the fair if any of you ladies going today ok? :001_302:

How are you mummies feeling lately? I'm experiencing 'restless legs' - i.e. cannot sit still for too long, the butt and hips will feel very 'sng', and will need to stand up and stretch every now and then. Also baby movements are stronger these days - quite fun actually! Starting to feel real kicks already! :D
Have already start feeling the aches for sometime. Stand or walk too much, upper backache. Sit too much, lower backache. Now sleep also got problem. Lie on the left or right, backache. Lie on the back not so back but not so ideal. This cannot, that cannot. sigh~

xian

I went to the baby fair today and bought a baby cot, pigeon milk bottles and bumwear cloth diapers.

Those deals are not as fantastic. But they do give out some freebies.

Cot = $359 (near entrance)
Pigeon bottle = $12.70/bottle
Bumwear cloth diapers = $169 (4 diapers + 12 inserts)

I am thinking of getting the Tommee Tippee bottles bundle as well.

Mummies, any recommendation for milk bottles? Pigeon or Tommee Tippee is better?

MummyK

I went to the babyfair this afternoon too..

Was thinking whether to get the Medela bundle which consist of breastpump, etc.. My sisinlaw passed me a Medela electric single pump already.. is there a need to get one more for dual express at one time?

Mummies here are getting a single pump or dual?

mrs_eg

Was thinking whether to get the Medela bundle which consist of breastpump, etc.. My sisinlaw passed me a Medela electric single pump already.. is there a need to get one more for dual express at one time?

Hey ladies...

How was the fair??? Was is big?? Were there alot of booths???
How are the deals???

nightingale

Went to the fair yesterday evening, find it similar in size to the one earlier in March. I think you can expect the same sort of booths there, with some discount off normal price for most. E.g. pupsik sling going for about $5 cheaper than retail. Didn't get anything much, just a maternity dress from Mums R Us - discounted, plus further discount for members. Spring Maternity - some small discounts for selected designs on maternity wear, strollers also I think. I walked around a bit trying to find bedding materials but not a very wide range available. Didn't see many mattresses either.. think will wait for taka fair or something. heh.

mrs_eg

ya... the baby's movements are simply amazing!!! the bumps, the kicks and the rolls.... Hubby always ask me "pain anot?" .. hahaha... Not now of cos, but I wonder if it will hurt when baby is bigger.. hmmm....

As for restlessness... Im the kind who 'cannot sit for too long' so still the same for me... I just cant walk or stand too long like I use to be... my ankles will hurt....

Hi Mrs_Eg
So far we've only bought the Graco convertible play pen/ cot bed.
I want to buy cot mattress, Avent steriliser, bottles, breast pump, Combi Roanju high chair...
Stroller, car seat, diapers, clothes getting from my sister...and my mum got the bedding and towels...
Wah adelene... seems like you already did your homework... and figuring out what to buy.... How did you guys do it??? Honestly... I still think quite early to buy... hahahaha..... And I still have no idea which bottle brand Im going for or whether I shld buy a breast pump first just in case or shld I wait and see how my breast feeding goes when the baby comes out....

mrs_eg

Have already start feeling the aches for sometime. Stand or walk too much, upper backache. Sit too much, lower backache. Now sleep also got problem. Lie on the left or right, backache. Lie on the back not so back but not so ideal. This cannot, that cannot. sigh~
Christina... me too here... I cant sleep well... cant stay too long lying on the left... cant fall asleep too... have to toss and turn at least 1.5hrs... b4 I can hopefully drift off to dream land... sob sobs...

I went to the baby fair today and bought a baby cot, pigeon milk bottles and bumwear cloth diapers.
Those deals are not as fantastic. But they do give out some freebies.

Cot = $359 (near entrance)
Pigeon bottle = $12.70/bottle
Bumwear cloth diapers = $169 (4 diapers + 12 inserts)
I am thinking of getting the Tommee Tippee bottles bundle as well.
Mummies, any recommendation for milk bottles? Pigeon or Tommee Tippee is better?
Hmm the Bumwear cloth diapers sounds good... BUt I am curious... may I know the reason you are buying 2 brands of bottle?? pigeon and tommee??

Hi MummyK... was thinking of getting medela bottle or tommee tippee... does ur SIL uses medela bottles too?? How isit?

mrs_eg

Went to the fair yesterday evening, find it similar in size to the one earlier in March. I think you can expect the same sort of booths there, with some discount off normal price for most. E.g. pupsik sling going for about $5 cheaper than retail. Didn't get anything much, just a maternity dress from Mums R Us - discounted, plus further discount for members. Spring Maternity - some small discounts for selected designs on maternity wear, strollers also I think. I walked around a bit trying to find bedding materials but not a very wide range available. Didn't see many mattresses either.. think will wait for taka fair or something. heh.
Nightingale... if the fair is similar to the March one then I think it is pretty good already... cos Ive been to the March and May one and was quite disappointed with the May one... hahahaha

I wonder if they are going to have another baby fair somewhere though... My hubby keep telling me.. like still too early... still got 3 mths (he like the joy of buying things one shot kind) hahahaha

Anyway thanx for the info... esp. abt the pupsik sling.. cos I have beem eyeing that... hahaha

Will be heading down later to check out the fair myself!!! Update u all again,...

nightingale

Christina... me too here... I cant sleep well... cant stay too long lying on the left... cant fall asleep too... have to toss and turn at least 1.5hrs... before I can hopefully drift off to dream land... sob sobs...
Hmm.. strangely I've been okay with falling asleep - in fact normally the moment my head hits the pillows I'd drift off very quickly. Dunno why I feel so tired everyday haha~ wake up at 7am to go to work, back home by around 6 plus, sometimes in the evenings will go to nearby malls with hubby to walk walk, have dinner.. then by the time it's 11pm I would be knocked out.

Do you ladies take afternoon naps? Maybe if you don't take naps (and don't take caffeinated drinks) you might fall asleep more easily at night?

Another reason could also be comfort - try out all kinds of 'formations' with your pillows, buy extra ones if necessary. I didn't realise how uncomfortable it was to lie flat on my stiff mattress until I tried sleeping on my springy couch, legs and shoulders raised. I really find that position most comfortable!

nightingale

Nightingale... if the fair is similar to the March one then I think it is pretty good already... cos Ive been to the March and May one and was quite disappointed with the May one... hahahaha

I wonder if they are going to have another baby fair somewhere though... My hubby keep telling me.. like still too early... still got 3 mths (he like the joy of buying things one shot kind) hahahaha

Anyway thanx for the info... esp. about the pupsik sling.. cos I have beem eyeing that... hahaha

Will be heading down later to check out the fair myself!!! Update you all again,...
Yeah - I think the fair was pretty decent, will probably find things to buy.. except that for the items I was looking for there werent many options for me. But if you're checking out strollers, carriers, maternity wear, breast pumps, Cordlife, health insurance, childrens' special programmes, and other items (Pigeon, Medela, Pampers) you can consider making that trip. Yesterday evening the crowd was not too bad, weekends might be packed though, so go early! But the salespeople were kinda aggressive - maybe Day 1 of the fair so everyone was full of energy and enthusiasm hahaha~

I heard from a friend that there is a Taka Baby Fair in August - not sure whether it is accurate info though. :p