EDD Sep 2010

Jaslyn288

I went for my checkup yesterday. Baby is at 1kg, 27th week. So I guess at 24th week, 570grams is normal. My gynae told me to watch my weight gain. I have gained a total of 7kg, and she said I should not be putting on 0.5kg per week from now on :embarrassed:

I oso gained 7kg till now.. but doesnt seem like gaining so little lor.. cos now i really like a ball.. LOL
On my 24wks, my little gal was abt 720grams.. hopefully dun oversize when time comes... =)

Still looking ard for playpen/toy toy.. haha.. =p

mrs_eg

omg!
if at At 24 weeks, baby is supposed to be about 770 gm.
went to my gynae at 25 weeks and my baby is 630gm.
and my gynae says baby is growing a little to the fat side.
i gained 7kg since pregnant...
hmmmm..... :err:
Hmmm... Wat is the range huh??? I have abt 7-8 kg weight gain... Baby at 24weeks is 740g... But gynae nv say anything else leh...

happybaby

Hi! Just done a bit of GSS shopping @ Orchard Robinson. Till 13 June, Robinson is not charging the 7% GST which means more discounts! Gotta the Ameda Dual Breast Pump that comes with 2X Freezer bags,30ml Gold cream & manual application (UP:$513), now is $399 plus less off 7% (",)

I also gained 7kg till now.. but doesnt seem like gaining so little .. cos now i really like a ball.. LOL
On my 24wks, my little gal was about 720grams.. hopefully dont oversize when time comes... =)

Still looking around for playpen/toy toy.. haha.. =p

Goodness.... think im the fattest mummy here! Ive already gained about 10kg:shyxxx: doc told me not to eat too much buffet! And my baby at 23 weeks plus on ly 568g. so i packed on the reast of the weight loh..

MummyK

Hi Mummies, how's your weekend? =)

I've had a great shopping trip today!!

Bought: NUK - Bottles x 3, Latex Teats, Pacifier, Bottle & Teat Brush; Bottle Tong, Cot Mattress, Face Towels, Blanket, Bath Net, Cotton Wool, Nail Clipper with magnifying glass, Rompers pack, Mitten & Bootee x 4, Infant Wrap-a-round..... *Phew*

Actually our main purpose is to get a stroller but in the end, Hubby & I both have different preference... Capella S705 (Me), Combi Miracle Turn DX (Hubby). The price diff is too big so I thought we better make up our mind first the buy... **I'm not too sure if we should spend that much $$ on a stroller though Hubby was more concern about the weight and afraid I might not be able to handle such a heavy stroller like s705.. -_-"

My weight is gaining crazily as well!! From 43kg till now I think 54kg...., will look forward to coming Tues gynea visit.. =)

Cheers~

DELvy

Bought: NUK - Bottles x 3, Latex Teats, Pacifier, Bottle & Teat Brush; Bottle Tong, Cot Mattress, Face Towels, Blanket, Bath Net, Cotton Wool, Nail Clipper with magnifying glass, Rompers pack, Mitten & Bootee x 4, Infant Wrap-a-round..... *Phew*

Actually our main purpose is to get a stroller but in the end, Hubby & I both have different preference... Capella S705 (Me), Combi Miracle Turn DX (Hubby). The price diff is too big so I thought we better make up our mind first the buy... **I'm not too sure if we should spend that much $$ on a stroller though Hubby was more concern about the weight and afraid I might not be able to handle such a heavy stroller like s705.. -_-"

My weight is gaining crazily as well!! From 43kg till now I think 54kg...., will look forward to coming Tues gynea visit.. =)

Cheers~
MummyK, you are the petite size lady, so I think you will go back to your pre-pregnancy weight/figure pretty soon after birth. No worries for u :001_302:

Btw, my hubby and I also had a great time shopping over the weekend. It also means a big hole in out pockets...Hee...On top of the misc stuff like bottles, diapers, thermometer etc., we also bought the stroller (Combi, forgot the model, I only remember it's in bright orange and not overly bulky) and a child car seat. It's true that we mummies will have problem handling a too bulky stroller.

DELvy

ya .. any idea about the range? my gynae also did not say anythg to me..
My gynae only told me that the ideal weight gain should not be more than 12Kg throughout the whole pregnancy. During my antenatal class, the midwife was telling us that the baby takes up approx. 3Kg, placenta ard. 500grams, waterbag ard. 2-3kg, fats ard. 2-3kg. The rest of the weight goes to mummy, breast tissue, water rentention and etc... My gynae did mention that most asian ladies will not gain within the ideal range cos we are all over-nutritious :tlaugh:.

Adelene

Hi mummy

anybody tried pre-natal massage with Babies Bellies? I'm going to give it a try and in mist of booking an appt with them. Charges stated in website is 60 min for $55. Slightly more expensive them Mdm Jumie and freelancer...but i guess it's still resonable compared to RN. Will update on their services once i have tried it!
Hi Happy baby :)

How was your expreience with Babies Bellies? How did you find the therapist and did you sign up a package with them for post-natal massage?

Not sure if you have already updated...sorry if you have...do you mind sharing with us again?

Hello to the rest of the Sept MTBs! Hope you are all doing well...

Just wondering if any of you have already signed up post-natal massage packages? If so, can let us know who you have signed up with and roughly how much you paid? I'm wondering when to sign up...don't want to end up without post-natal massage to get back in shape post-delivery... :p

Adelene

Yes, I will be taking the OGTT at my next checkup at 28 weeks. I think it's a standard test for all preggy ladies at around that stage of pregnancy, to check for gestational diabetes?
Hi Nightingale

Thanks. I think I read somewhere in What to Expect that the OGTT is a standard test at 24-28 weeks.

Nowadays it's hard for me to remember exactly where I read what...haha...

mrs_eg

Cheers~
hahaha we did go and check out strollers too.. but didnt buy yet.... feel like looking for other options to compare....

anyone heard of Gelite?
GElite GO GO Stroller
we were looking at its GOGO stroller... $699 for the stroller, infant car seat (Cybex Aton), a carry cot... we like everything abt it... easy to fix... easy to keep... nice looking etc... except one point... after u 'keep' it... it is still bulky

sooo we are still thinking..... hmmmm

mrs_eg

People....

We are into our 3rd trimester already!!!!

hahahaha:Dancing_wub:

Monitoring weight gain or not... as long as our baby is healthy.. thats all I ask for...
Alot more buying needed to do for us... we wanted to deco and re-paint the baby room too but.... haiz... "pantang" cannot....

Anyway...
wana share a good read...
basically for 1st time parents...
New Baby Basics -- Home -- WhatToExpect.com

I have put on 7kg and my gynae was happy that I gained some weight cause at week 20 I only gained about 4kg. He said baby size is ok but still got room for more growth (means baby should grow more). So I was thinking how to make my girl grow more than I do.. Keke~

nightingale

Sigh~ envious of you ladies who have put on weight modestly. I am +12kg of my pre-pregnancy weight already, and we have 3 more months to go. Help~! Need to control my hearty appetite! :p

DELvy

I wonder why did my gynae tell me that I should watch my weight gain since I have only put on a total of 7kg at 27th week? From what mummies share here, it seems normal. She stressed 3 times to me somemore...:embarrassed:

mrs_eg

I wonder why did my gynae tell me that I should watch my weight gain since I have only put on a total of 7kg at 27th week? From what mummies share here, it seems normal. She stressed 3 times to me somemore...:embarrassed:
Maybe u suddenly gain weight? Ask ur gynae the nxt round la... I started off slightly under weight... Maybe tats why gynae never say much abt my weight... Hmmm....

DELvy

Maybe you suddenly gain weight? Ask your gynae the nxt round ... I started off slightly under weight... Maybe tats why gynae never say much about my weight... Hmmm....
Hmm..ya maybe I will ask my gynae next time I see her. Maybe my weight gain has been quite constant, ard. 1kg -1.5kg every 4 weeks. This time round, I gained 2.5kg in 4 weeks :err:

Anyway, I am really very excited in waiting for the arrival of the baby. Sometimes, when he's less active, I will get worried and start patting my tummy.

Usually, I heard that babies are more active during the night, right? My bb seems to be more active during the day leh. Dunno if it's becos my job is desk-bound, so not much movement and rocking, so he loves partying during the day.

How'r the rest of the mummies' babies routine like?

Adelene

Hi mummies to be...

just chipping in on the weight gain topic. My aunty in law who is a doctor said an expecting mother should gain about 20kg throughout the 40 weeks.

That works out to about 1kg in 2 weeks...but how much weight is gained really differs for every individual.

I've been told the weight gain will really start in 3rd trimester...which is where most of us are already!

Adelene

Hmm..ya maybe I will ask my gynae next time I see her. Maybe my weight gain has been quite constant, ard. 1kg -1.5kg every 4 weeks. This time round, I gained 2.5kg in 4 weeks :err:

Anyway, I am really very excited in waiting for the arrival of the baby. Sometimes, when he's less active, I will get worried and start patting my tummy.

Usually, I heard that babies are more active during the night, right? My bb seems to be more active during the day leh. Dunno if it's becos my job is desk-bound, so not much movement and rocking, so he loves partying during the day.

Hi Delvy

For me I notice baby moves after I eat and when I lie/ sit still.

I also have a deskbound job so I can feel baby moving during the day and also at night before I sleep.

Honestly, I can't really make out a pattern now...but I do feel a bit anxious if I don't feel her move for too long (or what I think is too long)...

Amount of weight gain depends on your pre-pregnancy weight. Can read it up from here: http://www.babycenter.com.sg/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/weightgain :001_302:

Usually, I heard that babies are more active during the night, right? My baby seems to be more active during the day . dont know if it's becos my job is desk-bound, so not much movement and rocking, so he loves partying during the day.

Mine is very active at night especially when it's bedtime. :001_07: