EDD Sep 2010

hahaha~ mrs_eg, need to also watch fruit intake because of the sugar content! Have you ladies done your glucose blood test for gestational diabetes yet? I'm so glad I passed mine - but trying hard not to overdo it also. I'm so craving for chocolate right now!
Nightingale, tomorrow I will going for that glucose blood test for gestational diabetes. I have cravings for sweet stuff all the while and now I am trying to control myself esp this week. Hopefully I pass the test, wish me luck k?

Hahaha same here... Kfc, prata, nuggets, french fries, nasi lemak, fried chix wings... Slurp!

So terrible right??? Hahaha am trying to eat more fruits to 'neutralise' the "sinfulness" hahaha
Mrs_eg, same here same here... I also love nasi lemak and french fries!! Faintz. I am trying to take more veg or salad to balance up the sinfulness. Hehehe.

nightingale

Nightingale, tomorrow I will going for that glucose blood test for gestational diabetes. I have cravings for sweet stuff all the while and now I am trying to control myself esp this week. Hopefully I pass the test, wish me luck k?
Hoping for the best! Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you! (ok I feel a leg cramp coming up haha)

happybaby

Hi Adelene
Have book an appt with with Babies Bellies next Fri. Will surely update after that. Am also thinking of trying out Mumbabybliss at Forum so that can compare their skill before deciding where to sign up for post-natal. But they are more expensive than Babies Bellies though.
Hi Mummies
Just for sharing. Tried the pre-natal massage at Babies Bellies yesterday. Good session and experience. Professional and not pushy. I may go back for another session of massage. Have not sign any post-natal package ya cos still got time, so no need to rush. They charge $55 for 60 min. Slightly higher than freelance, but still reasonanle cos they have a shop front.

After trying out the massage at home from freelance and at shop, i think i would prefer to do it at the shop itself. I find that it's more comfortable and you do not have to worry dirtying & clearing, washing your towel and bedsheet and oiling your entire house after the session. That's just my personal preference.

happybaby

Hi Mummies

Just to share...if u r looking at buying Combi stroller or carseat, you can email : combi899@gmail.com for quote. Just gotta mine stroller & carseat today. It's cash on delivery. Their service is quite prompt as i have been asking thme lotsa of questions before deciding buying from them. Worth asking them for a quote if u r interested in getting Combi products.
:Dancing_tongue:

mrs_eg

anybody heard of drinking raspberry leaf tea from the 3rd trimester onwards? it helps on an easier labour...
Really??? Hmm thanx mecolemummy, will look up on it...

Btw ladies, anyone know where to get perineum massage gel/cream/or oil??? Suppose to ease the perineal area from harsh stretching during labour... :)

MummyK

anybody heard of drinking raspberry leaf tea from the 3rd trimester onwards? it helps on an easier labour...
mecolemummy, I only heard of drinking coconut water.. but not sure is it for the help of easy labour..

Has anyone confirm on post natal massage lady? Any reccomandation btw? :001_302:

AngieTan

Hi all mummies,

I am new here and here to join in the fun... :001_302:

Currently in my 28th week of pregnancy and EDD is on 18 Sep 2010... Am also a FTMTB so really anxious and afraid at the same time... Hehe...

Look forward to learn more here... :tlaugh:

mecolemummy

Hi all mummies,

I am new here and here to join in the fun... :001_302:

Currently in my 28th week of pregnancy and EDD is on 18 Sep 2010... Am also a FTMTB so really anxious and afraid at the same time... Hehe...

Look forward to learn more here... :tlaugh:
Halo Angie...

Welcome!

mecolemummy

Something to share... hope mummies find it useful! ^^

For thousands of years midwives of old and chinese herbalists have used herbs with very good results. Most of our allopathic medicines have come from herbs. A safe, commonly used herbal tonic for pregnancy is red raspberry leaf tea.

Brewed as a tea or as an infusion, red raspberry leaf is one of the safest and commonly used tonic herbs for women wanting to get pregnant or for women who are already pregnant. Red Raspberry Leaf (Rubus idaeus) tones the uterus, improves contractions and decreases constipation.

When to use
There are two basic stances on the subject. There is agreement among many clinicians that in the 3rd trimester frequent (2- 3 cups per day of tea or 1 - 2 cups per day of infusion) is beneficial to the uterine and pelvic muscles. Red Raspberry Leaf contains many minerals and vitamins, including vitamin C and calcium. It also contains an alkaloid called fragrine, which lends tone to the uterus.

The more radical stance is that drinking one cup of tea per day in the 1st trimester and 2 cups in the 2nd trimester and switching to the infusion in the 3rd trimester ensures a strong uterus, is good for you nutritionally and prevents miscarriage. Some say it is advised to not use it in the first trimester, particularly if you have a history of miscarriage.

The more conservative stance is that red raspberry leaf can cause minor spotting in the beginning of a pregnancy, and some U.K. midwives claim an increase in miscarriage rates. Contact your midwife, herbalist or physician for more information. If you're thinking about using it, to be safe, just wait until you're 36 weeks along.

What does Red Raspberry Leaf Do?
Red Raspberry leaf does not start labor or promote contractions.It is NOT an emmenagogue or oxytocic herb. What it does is help strengthen the pelvic and uterine muscles so that once labor does start the muscles will be more efficient.

Tea recipe
To make a tea, pour 1 cup boiling water over 2 teaspoons of herb and steep for ten minutes. Strain. During the first two trimesters, drink 1 cup per day. During the final trimester, drink 2-3 cups per day.

mecolemummy

Really??? Hmm thanx mecolemummy, will look up on it...

Btw ladies, anyone know where to get perineum massage gel/cream/or oil??? Suppose to ease the perineal area from harsh stretching during labour... :)
Mrs Eg,
if i'm not wrong... u can get it from Mothercare.

xian

mecolemummy, I only heard of drinking coconut water.. but not sure is it for the help of easy labour..

Has anyone confirm on post natal massage lady? Any reccomandation btw? :001_302:

mecolemummy, i think coconut water is to help improve baby skin, so that he/she will have smooth and fair skin.

mecolemummy

mecolemummy, i think coconut water is to help improve baby skin, so that he/she will have smooth and fair skin.
Hi Xian...

found tis and found it very informative ^^

In our country, coconuts have always been associated with health and prosperity and are present in some form or the other on many auspicious occasions. Young coconuts which have green shells (as opposed to the brown mature coconuts) are the ones with the most water content; this water is called coconut water or coconut juice.

Tender coconut water (elaneer / nariyal pani) is one of the richest sources of electrolytes. It is high in chlorides, potassium, and magnesium and has a moderate amount of sugar, sodium and protein. Potassium helps regulate blood pressure and heart function. Coconut water is also a good source of dietary fibre, manganese, calcium, riboflavin and Vitamin C.

A natural isotonic beverage with similar levels of electrolytes as the human body, coconut water helps prevent dehydration and relieves exhaustion by replenishing the natural salts lost by the body; it is widely used in tropical countries as a means for oral rehydration needed during diarrhoeal attacks.

It is essentially fat free and has zero cholesterol and some studies have reported that it can have some effect on improving "good" cholesterol levels (HDL) in the body. In the heat of summer when you are looking for something other than water to quench your thirst, you can have this nutritious and refreshing beverage instead of sugar and calorie laden aerated drinks and fruit juices. It is naturally sterile and so perfect for drinking while travelling without the fear of contamination.

Coconut water is a natural diuretic and so increases the flow of urine; this helps prevent urinary tract infections (UTI) as well as reduces the incidence of kidney stones. Coconut water also helps relieve constipation, improves intestinal function and promotes digestive health -– it is often recommended to people suffering from acidity and ulcers.

Constipation, sluggish digestion and heartburn are common problems during pregnancy and can be helped to some extent by drinking coconut water.

Coconut water contains high levels of lauric acid which is what is used by the body to make monolaurin -– a disease fighting fatty acid derivative. Lauric acid has anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties which protect the body against various infections and boosts the immune system.

With such wide ranging nutritional benefits it is no wonder that coconut water is recommended for pregnant women.

Well, learning from another book, drinking almond puree/drink are very good for baby and our own skin and fairness. It's like birdnest, "Yung"... but not expensive.

Last edited:

nightingale

Thanks for the info, mecolemummy! :) I have a question on coconut water - how often can we drink this? I love coconut water (as well as the flesh) - is 3 times a week too much? :p

mecolemummy

Thanks for the info, mecolemummy! :) I have a question on coconut water - how often can we drink this? I love coconut water (as well as the flesh) - is 3 times a week too much? :p
No problem ^^

Doctors often recommend a minimum of one glass of coconut water per day for pregnant women. As we are in our 3rd trimester, "cooling" stuff are pretty much safe for us now. By drinking in moderation can prevent stomach upset.

nightingale

No problem ^^

Doctors often recommend a minimum of one glass of coconut water per day for pregnant women. As we are in our 3rd trimester, "cooling" stuff are pretty much safe for us now. By drinking in moderation can prevent stomach upset.
Oh goody, I shall enjoy that very much. :) I've also been drinking 100plus quite often, don't know why keep craving for it, almost like the body's trying to replenish something that's present in the drink. Electrolytes?

Gonna go shopping for coconut tomorrow. Any type will do yes? The small Thai ones or the large green ones?