EDD Sep 2010

mrs_eg

Hi Happy baby how was the massage with Babies Bellies?

I got their brochure during the Motherhood Expo but didn't try them out cos it's quite far...nowadays feel tired so trying to cut down on too much travelling.

Instead I am checking out massage places in Siglap which is nearby for me. I tried out House of Traditional Javanese Massage y'day. $50 for 60 min prenatal massage.

Honestly, I won't be going back though. I kept telling the therapist to use less strength but she says I have a lot of wind so must use more pressure. Now my shoulders are aching/ hurting more than before going for the massage!
Hi Adelene
My expereince with babies is quite ok. Find their fee is reasonable and skill is quite good, compared to my first experience with freelance..i prefer going to shop so that my house will not be oily after the session and i find that having massage at reap a better experience because of the environment...you can try babies if you r keen cos different pple will have different expectation..but personally, i find them quite professional and they are not pushy..so if i have the time, i might go back for another session :)

Happybaby,
you mentioned "i find that having massage at reap a better experience because of the environment..." Do you mean having massage at their centre is better?

I was wondering if I shld sign up post natal package with them... and was wondering if I shld go down or ask them to come to my house... Would prefer they come down though... cos with the new baby and all... but was just wondering how to minimise the "mess" of the massage,...
So who was your masseur's name? if not convenien to say you can pm me if you want... :)

Excited hubby

Alpha Male
I am helping to update......:Dancing_tongue:

Baby Boy
1. cheng0605 - Thomson Medical Center 02 Sept
2. Delvy - Thomson Medical Center 8 Sept
3. mickey88 - Thomson Medical Center 6th Sept
4. pinkymummy - Thomson Medical Center 26 Sept
5. lovemk87 - Thomson Medical Center 23 Sept
6. kittymeowmeow - Thomson Medical Center 29 Sept
7. bubbleblue - Mt. A 15 Sept

Baby Gal
1. Mecolemummy - Mt. A 12 Sept
2. Nightingale - Mt. A 12 Sept :p
3. happybaby - Thomson Medical Center 03 Sept
4. raine - Thomson Medical Centre 12 Sept :001_302:
5. Mrs_EG - Thomson Medical Center 18 SEP :p
6. Jaslyn - Thomson Medical Center 21 Sept :001_302:
7. Danerine - Mt. A 7 Sept :001_302:
8. Christinawong - Mt. A 24 Sept
9. Adelene - singapore general hospital 24 Sept
10. MR300909 - Kandang Kerbau Hospital 13 Sept
11. xian - Kandang Kerbau Hospital 23 Sept
12. bee - Gleneagles 28 Sept
13. MummyK - Mt. A 28 Sept
14.Excited hubby - Thomson Medical Center 20 Sept

Fiona73

Tis is the first time Ive heard of it!
Yes, I breastfeed exclusively for my first gal, however I din do any preparation for breastfeeding which make the job difficult for the first week. Remembered I was told that I can start doing some breast massage before delivery. It will some how aid the future breastfeeding.

mrs_eg

Hmm... But I've also read that it is not advisable to overstimulate the breasts / nipples which can trigger early contractions?
Hahaha I guess just dont get too 'high' doing the massage... Otherwise the 'feel good' hormones like "oxytoxin" may aid your contractions.. :)

Fiona73

HAHAHAHA....wont get high de lah. But anyone notice there is this little "black head - except is clear in colour" laying in between the nipple?

JaRa

Happybaby,
you mentioned "i find that having massage at reap a better experience because of the environment..." Do you mean having massage at their centre is better?

I was wondering if I shld sign up post natal package with them... and was wondering if I shld go down or ask them to come to my house... Would prefer they come down though... cos with the new baby and all... but was just wondering how to minimise the "mess" of the massage,...
So who was your masseur's name? if not convenien to say you can pm me if you want... :)
Hi, i have tried Sri Bayu Balinese Spa. you can call them at 62861006. I find their price is quite reasonable. The lady (Mia) who does the massage is very patient and gentle. She is very kind and willing to share any tips when asked. Can try out their pre natal massage first to see if you like the ambience and her skill. I also prefer to go to the spa and do the massage so i can really relax and enjoy. :)

happybaby

Hi, i have tried Sri Bayu Balinese Spa. you can call them at 62861006. I find their price is quite reasonable. The lady (Mia) who does the massage is very patient and gentle. She is very kind and willing to share any tips when asked. Can try out their pre natal massage first to see if you like the ambience and her skill. I also prefer to go to the spa and do the massage so i can really relax and enjoy. :)
surf their website..picture look nice! will give them a try if they have a slot for me this sat!

Where? How? Which book?? Im interested!!!
Sorry for the late reply. It's a guide book that comes together with the Pigeon steriliser set that I bought during the last baby fair. They have cartoon picture illustrations to show how to do the massage. If you want, tomorrow I try to scan and show everyone.

Alternatively, you can refer to this website. Your baby refuses to drink breastmilk - Pigeon Breastfeeding Advisor

(a) The nipple is inverted or flattened
・If the mother’s nipple is inverted or flattened
Method of coping: There are several methods that can be used. Moms can use a method called “reverse pressure softening”--a technique in which a mom can use her fingers to gently soften the circle around her nipple and areola. This technique briefly moves some of the swelling back and up into her breast to soften her areola. Pushing back the swelling also makes it easy to remove milk with her fingertips or with short periods of slow gentle pumping, combined with gentle forward massage of the upper breast, if you need to remove milk for your baby (Source: K. Jean Cotterman RNC, IBCLC.) Alternatively, a mom can use a nipple puller to evert the nipple using gentle suction.

ah.bee

hi mommies, been some time since i posted. so many updates! i am starting to feel a little panicky now because i have not done any shopping at all. but i can't shop now because i have absolutely no place for storage! we are still flat-hunting and hope to get it all done before baby's out.

now that we're in the 3rd tri, anyone feels those pesky symptoms coming back? morning sickness is back to haunt me, my feet are so swollen, and i am starting to feel very sleepy at 8pm. in addition i've been having lower abdominal pain and it is so bad that i can't lift my legs or walk without feeling pain. doctor says i probably strained my ligament and during pregnancy such strains will take longer than normal to recover, so all mommies please don't over stretch yourselves!

read some mommies posting about counting baby's kicks - my doctor said i should only be concerned if i don't feel her for more than 3 hours. i guess any increase/decrease in movements is normal, unless it's totally no movements at all.

now i guess we can't wait for baby to be out! for me, it's more because my body can't take much more now haha...

hi mommies, been some time since i posted. so many updates! i am starting to feel a little panicky now because i have not done any shopping at all. but i can't shop now because i have absolutely no place for storage! we are still flat-hunting and hope to get it all done before baby's out.

now that we're in the 3rd tri, anyone feels those pesky symptoms coming back? morning sickness is back to haunt me, my feet are so swollen, and i am starting to feel very sleepy at 8pm. in addition i've been having lower abdominal pain and it is so bad that i can't lift my legs or walk without feeling pain. doctor says i probably strained my ligament and during pregnancy such strains will take longer than normal to recover, so all mommies please dont't over stretch yourselves!

read some mommies posting about counting baby's kicks - my doctor said i should only be concerned if i dont't feel her for more than 3 hours. i guess any increase/decrease in movements is normal, unless it's totally no movements at all.

now i guess we can't wait for baby to be out! for me, it's more because my body can't take much more now haha...
Bee, do take care and dont overtired yourself. I learnt from my colleagues (all experienced mummies) that during 3rd tri, we will get tired very easily. Thks for your tips on over-stretching and straining our muscles. I feel real anxious and hope I can see my bb soon (want to get away with sleeping with a BIG tummy at nights) hehe. I am posting what I read from Pigeon New Guide book on the breast massage. Hope this will be useful to all mommies.

Attachments

dl28

thanks for the tips..been experiencing pain on lower tummy. Gynae said the baby is pressing on the nerves hence such pain..
also feel sleepy but keep on tossing and turning,,all in slow motion.

mrs_eg

Hey Ladies,:wong29:

It is probably a bit early for those clueless first time mom like me... cos hands-on experience probably better... but I think there is no harm in getting to know more about it first....

Came across this video about Breastfeeding Latch On...
For those who intend to try breastfeeding can pick up some pointers from it.

the link:
Breastfeeding Latch On - Nursing Tips

:Dancing_tongue:

happybaby

Hi , went for the pre-natal massage at Sri Bayu Balinese Spa today. Nice place and nice experience. Mia also did the massage for me, yes, gentle and patient. She say she got 35 years of experience! Price is reasonable , although it's $10 more expensive than Babies Bellies ($65 vs $55 for 60 min). Personally, prefer Sri Bayu, place is nicer and more spa enviroment. Lotion used is not as oily, and they scrub your feet before commercing the massage, after massage, Mia also wip your feet with wet towel.

nightingale

I've been contacted by MumBabyBliss for a free trial prenatal massage - probably going for it this weekend. :) Has anyone tried them before? They're located on the 8th floor of Forum Galleria.