EDD Sep 2010

hi mummies, do you all buy toys for your bb to play? Please share what toy do you buy for your bb? I am running out of ideas to entertain my bb.
Hi bubble,

I have just recently bought a book with colorful pictures for my boy but it can last only for a while. Dunknow is cos I feel sian so I think bb also feel sian of playing a game for a while..
I will start off with musical mobile..once he feel bored then I let him listen to read me stories an iPhone app which will read out a new story everyday .. N play songs for him until hopefully he feel zzz.
The next wakeup time will be tummy time n moving his legs n hands exercising time.
I quite run out of ideas to play with him but sometimes like moving his beanie infront of him will entertain him as well.
If u read babycenter online, they will Guide u the types of games to play with bb at each month.
Quite difficult to buy toy for then at this stage I guess ..

Hi prince,
Hmm.. actually 20-30 mins is considered pretty good! My girl likes to be carried facing outwards (3mth+) - normally we don't let her stay in the carrier for more than 30mins anyway: for one, it's tiring for the daddy / mummy and secondly, she tends to become sleepy quite easily so after that we will put her back in the stroller to sleep. The carrier isn't really a stroller replacement for us - it's just to take her out if she starts to fuss after lying in the stroller for too long, and let her have a good view of the surroundings. We only bring her out in just the Bjorn / sling if it is going to be a short trip, like buying lunch from nearby or when I need both hands to do household chores.
Don't give up on the Bjorn just yet! Sometimes baby may just be grumpy for other reasons, and may look as if he/she is rejecting the Bjorn. It's such a fun ride - I can't see any reason why any baby wouldn't like to be carried around in it! :)
hi mummies
I just got my baby bjorn synergy n I think it is much better than the baby sling for convenience n our back support.
The only disadvantage is bb cannot sleep in that carrier n has to bring sling or stroller when bb want to zzz

Hi mummies

Any one facing nuk teat leaking problem?
Recently I just replaced stage 2 nuk teat for my mum to use when I'm gg back to work 2 weeks later. When I try to feed the bb, the milk keep leaking from the small hole of the nuk teat. Anyone has any idea what is the use of the hole? N I test using water, the teat does not leak but whenever I feed the bb, the milk leaks from there. Quite upset as u can imagine the milk was all over bb neck, shirt n face...

And also, any mummies can recommend which breastmilk cooler bag to transport from one place to another should I get?

Did u all buy two sterilizers to sterilize bb bottles where one is to put at home and another is to put at nanny place?

Getting a bit worried as I'm gg to work soon...

LittleWorm

Hehe sounds like my girl too~ I think this is where the 'fun' really begins! It's really heartwarming when our babies respond to us instead of simply crying for milk, yes? :) We also try to make baby laugh - recently been letting her 'interact' with her own reflection in the mirror, very amusing to watch. She's also starting to giggle in response to swinging and twirling. But so far she hasn't shown signs of being 'ticklish' yet! hehe!
Yeah yeah now that they are 3 months old...getting more n more fun n super adorable...must treasure these moments while we can! Janelle also
loves looking at the mirror...her mouth will open very big then smile when she's closeup to the mirror. Can Cheyenne turn over yet? It's around 3-4 months they can turn is it??

LittleWorm

Hi Little Worm
Thanks for your sharing. Will be sending my girl to infantcare next Monday. Just went for the the orientation, not many babies there yet...about 5 babies and there are 4 caregiver, the centre is quite new, just opened not long....
Could it be the aircon? The centre i went to, the aircon is quite cold...22 degree...but the teacher say they will adjust it accordingly...
Oh you send your gal very early to infantcare too! Is she the youngest there? It's good there's not so many babies...then the teachers can better concentrate n take care of your gal better...also reduced chance of catching viruses :) Wa 22 degrees is quite cold ...though they will adjust temp, it's better you pack warmer clothes in the beginning.

I feel the aircon at my infantcare is quite cold...I think janelle is not used to staying in
airconditioned room for the whole morn till evening. Plus got a baby sick...mayb that's why my
gal caught a cold.

Hope your gal will adjust well then you can dont't worry n concentrate well when you are back
to work...take care

LittleWorm

i gt the nanny contact from forum and found it 1 day before i start work..quite lucky :001_302:
she looking after my baby only.
Lucky you!! :) hope my gal can adjust well in infantcare n not get sick so often then I don't hv to headache look for good nannies

Thks, happyqueen. Oh didnt know iPhone can have read me stories app. I havent got one iPhone yet. I will probably get more info from babycenter also.
Thks so much!

nightingale

Hi mummies
Did u all buy two sterilizers to sterilize bb bottles where one is to put at home and another is to put at nanny place?
Hi happyqueen,

I'll be sending Cheyenne to the nanny's starting next week when I return to work. (Sigh!!) Yesterday just brought a boxful of baby's stuff to the nanny's place. I compiled a list of things to bring over, basically duplicates of daily necessities I have at home except the big items like the bouncer / rocker. Still considering whether to bring the bouncer over - nanny said she will try a couple of days and see if she needs it. :)

Here's the list for reference, in case anyone else is packing too:

- steriliser
- diapers
- milk powder
- bath and shampoo
- laundry detergent
- bottle detergent
- wet wipes
- diaper cream
- cotton pads (for eyes)
- wash cloths
- baby oil, lotion, ru yi oil
- comb, nail scissors
- bath towels
- rompers
- socks
- small blanket
- gripe water
- simple toys

I'm also wondering what's the best way to transport breastmilk - am thinking of using my old cooler bottle (large) which I used to use for sports. Maybe chuck in the bottles of breastmilk with some ice cubes and water, might be more effective than those cooler bags?

nightingale

Yeah yeah now that they are 3 months old...getting more n more fun n super adorable...must treasure these moments while we can! Janelle also loves looking at the mirror...her mouth will open very big then smile when she's closeup to the mirror. Can Cheyenne turn over yet? It's around 3-4 months they can turn is it??
Yes Cheyenne has started to flip over onto her tummy by herself, and then flip over onto her back again! Which means can't leave her lying on the bed or sofa without supervision... caught her once just before she rolled off the sofa edge! Your Janelle will probably be able to do it soon - overnight, haha! So must be extra watchful!

We engaged our nanny through my mum's good friend, who recommended her neighbour (been looking after kids all along) - they've been neighbours for years so we feel quite reassured that the nanny should be pretty reliable. She'll be only looking after my girl, no other kids. We're bringing Cheyenne there a day before I start work so I can spend an hour or two there observing her - e.g. how she bathes and feeds my girl, handles her etc. Hopefully everything works out well! (and then take the afternoon off to go on a date with the hubby, get a manipedi done or something haha)

Last edited:

mrs_eg

Ahh!!! Babies always catch us off guard!!! We woke up one day to find my girl flipped on her own and sleeping soundly on her tummy! Actually she inched herself to the side of the bed... Duno how?! Hahaha

LittleWorm

Yes Cheyenne has started to flip over onto her tummy by herself, and then flip over onto her back again! Which means can't leave her lying on the bed or sofa without supervision... caught her once just before she rolled off the sofa edge! Your Janelle will probably be able to do it soon - overnight, haha! So must be extra watchful!

We engaged our nanny through my mum's good friend, who recommended her neighbour (been looking after kids all along) - they've been neighbours for years so we feel quite reassured that the nanny should be pretty reliable. She'll be only looking after my girl, no other kids. We're
bringing Cheyenne there a day before I start work so I can spend an hour or two there observing her - e.g. how she bathes and feeds my girl,
handles her etc. Hopefully everything works out well! (and then take the afternoon off to go on a date with the hubby, get a manipedi done or
something haha)
Hey I don't put Janelle on her cot, instead she sleeps on a baby high chair which is convertable to a bed so there's no big space for her to roll around. Will she b able to turn on her own then? I've seen many times that she arcs her back n head very high like wanting to turn but mayb she is unable to do so due to space constraint.

Lucky you to find a good nanny...Cheyenne should hv no problem adjusting...probably the first 1-2 days she may b more fussy. Do enjoy your free time to pamper yourself! When I started work, I feel physically n metally more exhausted than before to juggle work n baby. Have very high urge to quit my job keke...

Erin07

Ahh!!! Babies always catch us off guard!!! We woke up one day to find my girl flipped on her own and sleeping soundly on her tummy! Actually she inched herself to the side of the bed... dont know how?! Hahaha
Wow...ur bb is fast :) her new move must have delight u and ur hubby..I am still waiting for my bb to flip...He will lift his legs high and drop back with a bang on the bed haha he dun seems to feel pain but we feel pain for him haha...but nw he always want to be carry which is a headache for us..

nightingale

Hey I don't put Janelle on her cot, instead she sleeps on a baby high chair which is convertable to a bed so there's no big space for her to roll around. Will she b able to turn on her own then? I've seen many times that she arcs her back n head very high like wanting to turn but mayb she is unable to do so due to space constraint.

Lucky you to find a good nanny...Cheyenne should hv no problem adjusting...probably the first 1-2 days she may b more fussy. Do enjoy your free time to pamper yourself! When I started work, I feel physically n metally more exhausted than before to juggle work n baby. Have very high urge to quit my job keke...
We have something like that too - the Combi Rashule - yes when baby sleeps in it she will have difficulty flipping over because there is not a lot of space. Try placing her on a mattress on the floor or on your bed (close supervision) - help her along if she is sticking her legs up in the air by giving her a gentle boost to the side. After a while she'll prolly figure it out on her own!

Ah so you've gone back to work already? are you still expressing bm? I'm worried that it will be difficult to sustain it, sigh.

LittleWorm

We have something like that too - the Combi Rashule - yes when baby sleeps in it she will have difficulty flipping over because there is not a lot of space. Try placing her on a mattress on the floor or on your bed (close supervision) - help her along if she is sticking her legs up in the air by giving her a gentle boost to the side. After a while she'll prolly figure it out on her own!

Ah so you've gone back to work already? are you still expressing bm? I'm worried that it will be difficult to sustain it, sigh.
Thanks ...ya already tried doing tat but only could do it on weekends as Janelle can keep sleeping when she's back from infantcare. Btw do you still swaddle cheyenne at night? Recently started to swaddle her back, tot can give her security n make her sleep better but she will perspire alot when she woke up. Dunno if it's right to swaddle her or not in this case...

Yes I'm bk to work one over week ago. I'm giving Janelle fm...no more bm after an infection!! Would definitely wish to give her bm but since I belong to the 5% with really very little milk so no choice...dun worry...sure can sustain if you persevere...jia you for cheyenne

LittleWorm

Thanks ...ya already tried doing tat but only could do it on weekends as Janelle can keep sleeping when she's back from infantcare. Btw do you still swaddle cheyenne at night? Recently started to swaddle her back, tot can give her security n make her sleep better but she will perspire alot when she woke up. Dunno if it's right to swaddle her or not in this case...

Yes I'm bk to work one over week ago. I'm giving Janelle fm...no more bm after an infection!! Would definitely wish to give her bm but since I belong to the 5% with really very little milk so no choice...dun worry...sure can sustain if you persevere...jia you for cheyenne

nightingale

Hey don't feel bad, you've given her breastmilk since birth and tried your hardest. Some breastmilk is better than none at all! I also belong to the little milk gang - so envious of those who have so much milk that they can stock up the freezer! My girl gets 2 bm feeds a day now, hopefully can sustain this after going back to work, but I think it's gonna be difficult. Well, will at least give it a try. Wish me luck!

Oh yes I had an infection too - mastitis - it was awful, with the fever and medication and all. And having to throw away ebm when I already have so little - very heartpain ahh! I was wondering whether this affects all breastfeeding mothers at some time or another, am also a bit fearful of it coming back when the time comes for weaning baby.

I've stopped swaddling baby for some time now, we just tuck her blanket around her belly area snugly, and i'm using quite a heavy blanket so it seems to provide some 'swaddling' effect. If she perspires then maybe your swaddle is too thick, or your room temperature too warm. Be careful not to 'overheat' the baby - maybe try a half swaddle (leave her arms free) and see if she is more comfortable?

Last edited:

LittleWorm

Hey don't feel bad, you've given her breastmilk since birth and tried your hardest. Some breastmilk is better than none at all! I also belong to the little milk gang - so envious of those who have so much milk that they can stock up the freezer! My girl gets 2 bm feeds a day now, hopefully can sustain this after going back to work, but I think it's gonna be difficult. Well, will at least give it a try. Wish me luck!

Oh yes I had an infection too - mastitis - it was awful, with the fever and medication and all. And having to throw away ebm when I already have
so little - very heartpain ahh! I was wondering whether this affects all breastfeeding mothers at some time or another, am also a bit fearful of it
coming back when the time comes for weaning baby.

I've stopped swaddling baby for some time now, we just tuck her blanket around
her belly area snugly, and i'm using quite a heavy blanket so it seems to provide some 'swaddling' effect. If she perspires then maybe your swaddle
is too thick, or your room temperature too warm. Be careful not to 'overheat' the baby - maybe try a half swaddle (leave her arms free) and see if
she is more comfortable?
Hey it's been a few days now...how is Cheyenne doing at nanny's place? She can adjust well? Pumping bm in office ok?

Not easy right to juggle work n looking after baby after work right? I'm so exhausted always at the end of the day. This week especially since my office n warehse is shifting to a new premises.

Take care ya...jia you